(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

sggal, jilian
Can go Isetan Little Tots Fair later to see liao..... seems like alot of things to buy leh....

shylyn & terrier
I also kind of experiencing all this and worst still coz i do alot of squats..... i have to change newspaper for my dog after she pee.... now i dare not squat too much liao coz i am only 34wks
 


Hi Ladies!

Glad to read that all of us doing well here.

Sorry for not dropping msg in this thread for so long.. have been really busy!

Hi 1sttimemum,

Didn't know doing squatting too often can cause such problem. Will try not to squat too, though not doing it often, unless needed heeheee..

i was supposed to be in my 33rd week today. Went for gynae visit last weekend and supposed to be in my 32nd week. But then gynae commented that i was in my 31st week. And he shifted my EDD from 1 May to 11 May after measuring bb's head. That means i am going to have a later delivery?

That leaves me undecided when to take my maternity leave.
 
Mummies,
Let's not panic. Yup when feel the pain, try to relax and try out the relaxation and breathing technique that we've learnt. As long as contractions don't get more frequent and increase in intensity, we are not in labour. So plenty of time to go hospital.

Also for mummies who are really looking forward to natural birth, even if start contractions and it's manageable don't rush to hospital cos usually as it's our first birth, the pre-labour stage and the first phase takes a few hours. So we'd be more comfortable at home for as long as possible. If go to hospital too early, we'd have to wait in the labour ward, only after we dilate to a certain cm then only they move us to birth room. So I think we might as well just stay at home. Also if stay at home, then less chance of medical intervention and higher chance of natural birth.
happy.gif


Just my 2 cents worth.
 
Terrier, Kolarie, 1sttimemum
Yaloh, I was complaining to my gynae yest tt e night b4 I experienced frequent contractions and worst, slight pain in my tummy as well..& I rem tt one of the symptoms is frequent contractions..mine was really frequent then..scared e pants of me..but luckily, managed to sleep thru e contractions..hee..so asked my gynae how to tell whether its real labour & he told me tt it will be painful & frequent..unlike what I hv experienced. I was also telling bb to wait for another mth b4 coming out cos hes still too small & light. But the contractions have got stronger & more frequent these days loh..so rather worried.

Jilian
Thks for ur advice..Yup, tt was what I did, deep breathing to ease e contractions..luckily it managed to go away after sometime..my mum was telling me if really confirm gg into labour, must bath 1st b4 gg down to hospital..think Ill b too kanchiong by then..heheh
 
jilian,
i dunno how to do the relaxation and breathing technique so later must remember to teach me hor..... hee hee!! Thank you

kk
Actually i also dunno want but hinniepot say the gynae advise if you want early labour than can do more squat. The squats may cause earlier labour (for the purpose of stretching the cervix)
 
yup, agree with jilian. at our antenatal class, i think they said for 1st baby, we only dialate 1cm per hour (up to 4cm) then 1 cm per half hour, so to get to 10 cm will take quite long wor. anyway, my gyne said to go to hosp when contractions are 5mins apart (even i said i stay far away from the hosp, he said got plenty of time)
 
sggal,
Will have time lah. But make sure it's not peak traffic when you having contractions 5 mins apart.
happy.gif
If you know all highways jam before and after work.

And if any of you need ambulance, make sure you call your hospital one. Don't call the 995 one, cos that one send you to nearest hospital according to district or something. Haha...
 
jilian, haha.... i asked one taxi uncle, which route is best to reach the hosp during which time (peak/non-peak/middle of the night). and i typed out all the instructions (including street directory page numbers) for hubby. stuck it near the door together with checklist of what not to forget when going to hospital :p talk about kiasu ...heee.heee...
 
wah sggal, you very good leh. Heheh.. Why don't you try the routes out during the timings so you can time also?
happy.gif


My hubby said pack the bag ready so he just need to bring the bag. I also have list of what I should do when contractions hit! Hahaha.. I scared I get too panic then gabra dunno what to do. So I have list so I can just follow the instructions on the list! I also very kiasu. Haha..
 
I chiam... stay at Sengkang.. n if bb is to come on weekday ard 7~9am... think I'd b in the CTE or Upper Serangoon jams.. Since I need to get down to GlenE.
 
re Mt Alvernia
can't remember who was asking before about what to bring. i called up to check. for baby only need to bring mittens/booties and going home clothes. during the stay, clothes and nappies are provided.

for mum, during delivery got hospital gown. after delivery bring yr own nightie. they give maternity pads, but loop ones so if u want then bring the stick on version
 
hee hee.. jilian, looks like we think alike. we are definitely going to try out the routes and time them and told hubby i'm gonna make lots of loud noises so he can practice as if real.. ahahaaa

we got everything into the bag also, but the things to bring list also included things like bring infant car seat, Dr's record card (can't put in bag yet cos still need to see Dr) etc. the list also got signs of labour and what to do like bathe!... same thing.. scared gabra

koalarie, maybe u need to work out other routes (some non-highway routes) first and try them. i'm going from katong to Mt A and hv 3 routes just in case... kiasu :p
 
Wow, all you so well prepare liao huh? I think i dun really got to do that coz hospital quite near my place but that road always jam especially in the morning and evening...... I wondering if i really know what is contractions.... how i wish by the time i reach hospital, i am already 5cm dialate liao than won't have to wait so long mah........ think and dream only lah!!!!heehee

My bb keep turning today and make me super uncomfortable leh..... keep talking to him but instead of setting down, he seem more excited leh..
 
1sttimemum,
Don't feel bad. For me, I'm obssessive compulsive list person. I have lists for everything even before I got pregnant. Haha... Control freak like that. Some ppl more easy-going, so that's not a bad thing also. Don't worry about the contractions. I heard that we confirm know when it's the real thing.
 
cheona

80C is same as 36C right? The nursing bras at IMM do not indicate the cup size only the bustline.. I took size 42 and it fits me well.. the cup size is also the same as the Ero C0cup nursing bras I got.. they have plenty of sizes from 34 to 42.. brands: franc & miko
 
babe

I have also been experiencing diarrhoea for the past few days.. dont think I have eaten any contaminated stuffs though.. has yours eased yet?
 
hunniepot, i kena diarrhoea today twice. but i dun think it's got to do with the labour tinggi, more likely becos of the tom yam handmade noodles i had last nite,
happy.gif
 
I also had diarrhoea on Sunday. Felt weak the whole day and no appetite. The last time I had coconut juice was when I was in 34 weeks. That was when the day after, I bled after passing motion. From then on, my mum nagged and nagged at me and told me not to take coconut juice anymore. So till now, I still dun dare to drink. But a lot of ppl in my office told me coconut juice good cos bb will be very clean when she comes out, and not 'bloody bloody'....

My weight gain slowed down a lot....only gained 0.4 kg for 2 weeks, but my gynae said nvm. She said bb should gain 150g per week now, so my bb shd be around 2.9kg now, at 36 wks. Her head is not engaged yet, though she is in the correct position.
 
hi hi hunniepot, after resting a day yesterday today ok already. Wonder if our tummy is responding to some spices or wat. I had crab on Sunday though...
 
daphne & babe & lemontree

I was hoping that the diarrhoea is one of the symptoms of labour :07 been eating the same things as my hb but hes ok leh.. read from the March MTB that some of them had loose stools b4 they shen (might be due to irregular contractions?) And quite coincidental.. our EDD quite close to each other? Think Im thinking too much liao.. cant wait for bb to come out..
 
i'm having freq contraction also.. especially today... tummy tighten up so hard... and quite freq.. so scary... think it's BH

I only gain 0.7kg for 3 weeks and all weight goes to baby... I thot baby should gain 250grams per week? cos this is what my gynae told me.

About milk bags.
I bought avent milk bags to store the milk... taka fair is selling
 
hi hunnipot,

Me found Eternity nursing bras at the following dept stores:

a) JL (Specialist Centre) - many
b) Seiyu (Bishan) - many
c) OG (orchard) - v limited, mostly 38.
d) Metro (Paragon) - quite limited

The Eternity nursing bras are all standard B cup. So, you only need your underbust size. I find the cut very fitting. Haven't buy yet cos OG dun have my size and I only have OG discount card.

How much is franc and miko? I think I saw this at Tom & Steph before.
 
hey girl, did my first post natal massage with kathija this afternoon.. she did a light massage for me cos i had my lunch just before she came.. she did a whole body massage from toes to head using massage oil.. hmm.. i dun like the feeling of body getting oily leh.. and the oil smell like medicated oil.. it is hot after applying... other than tat, everything's fine.. to prepare for the massage, u need a mat or mattress to be placed on the floor, a big towel to cover urself cos u need to remove ur clothes.. a pair of socks or slipper cos ur feet will be oily.. she said she will be use more force on me tomolo.. dunno can take it or not cos some parts are quite ticklish.. keke..
 
cheona

franc costs $10.90 & miko costs $9.90 at IMM Giant. I only bought Miko.. and find it very fitting too.. been wearing it for a few mths liao.. so bought a few more today..

jumbo

Thanks for the info on kathijah.. is she strong enough? Did she say how long after the massage then can shower?
 
hi jumbo,

Head also massage? Like that hair oily....must wash hair right.....did you ask her what is in the oil she uses? Also, did she put any jamu herbs in your bind? You still wearing the bind? Is it the free binder she gives in the package?
 
hi hunnipot,
I must be wrong. Thought franc & miko is one brand. The one sellinga at Tom & Steph costs $12.90 or $14.90..... IMM too far away.....maybe if cannot get OG discount price, I'll buy from Seiyu. more convenient. How many pieces you have already?


A sales assistant (auntie) can estimate very correctly my due date. She says look at me should be delivering next month.....
happy.gif
She says now the best time to buy nursing bra 'cos if the cup can fit nicely now, it's the right size as the breasts will not bloom too much after preg. I told her my cup size throughout pregnancy no change leh and she says like that likely will not change liao.

BTW, how's the music of the mobile? quality good?
 
cheona

I got 6 pieces of size 42 now.. have about 5 pieces of size 40 (really regretted buying so many then and @ $19.90 each somemore!).. doesnt fit anymore.. very tight and uncomfortable.. how many u intend to get?

Yeah.. read from books that the best time to buy bras is about week 36 or so.. thats when the cup size wont change much..
 
Hunnipot

you will slim back to 40 after birth, so take console that can still wear them after delivery lor. Me intending to get 3-5 pcs for normal wear. Dunno if should get the nicer lace with underwire for gai gai wear....what you think?
 
for my case, after delivery, my cup size went up to at least 2 cup size.. so it's better to get bigger size nursing bras... but dun buy so much lah.. in case, the breasts size reduce over time
 
hunniepot, she said she will use more force tomolo, will let u know if she really strong or not.. but she was perspring and she burped quite a number of times while doing the massage for me, despite i on air con and fan for her.. keke.. cos today one she use little strength only.. she said cant shower after the massage but can wipe the body.. i did it in the afternoon after shower.. at nite just wipe myself lor.. but use soap to wash my thigh all the way to feet cos i dun like the oily feeling..

chenoe, ya, she massage the scalp too and make the hair oily.. i think tomolo i will not want her to massage my hair.. dun like my hair being oily also.. wash my hair clean clean liao and make oily oily.. about the bind, i nvr ask her leh.. and she nvr put any jamu herbs.. will ask her tomolo.. she used the oil and cream.. she said the oil is to remove the wind in our stomach.. the cream, she used it on the tummy to get rid the cellulite and firming..

try not to let baby to be in the same room with u when u doing the massage cos the smell of the oil too strong.. think bb cant take it.. tomolo i will on the fan instead the aircon..
 
jumbo,
What's the purpose of massage scalp? If you on fan, then you kenna wind....not so good right? If you got extra room, do massage there and ventilate the room later. How your baby react to the oily smell on your body while BF?
 
cheona

Guess it really depends on individual's preference lar.. since you have been wearing underwire bras.. and you are comfortable with it.. then shld be ok to continue wearing them..
 
Hi Jumbo
Just drop by to say hi and your baby looks really cute! Take care and rest well!
happy.gif


Hi other mummies
I'm from May MTB thread. Did anyone of you go for the Hypnobirthing talk last Sunday? I thought I saw someone mentioned it before.
 
cheona

Have tried out the mozart-in-motion musical mobile.. personally I find it very nice.. much more interesting than the other mobile that I got for the playpen.. music is clear and lively.. a mixture of parts of a few songs.. on repeat mode
 
Hunniepot,
You mean the tiny love mozart-in-motion huh?? I have bought mine but have not try it yet coz cot not ready......

Jumbo,
How long does the massage last huh and for bb massage, how long it will take???
 
RE: Massage
I heard tt u cant bath for at least 8 hrs after massage..tt's why it's preferable to have ur sessions in the morn & at least can clean up by evening. Also, burping by the massage lady is their way of releasing the gas transferred from ur body to theirs..cos accumulated inside their bodies is not gd for their health. This is what my Malay colleague told me..
 
hi hunnipot,

glad you like it!
happy.gif
Baby will love it too! I'm waiting to get a 2nd hand Symphony-In-Motion mobile.
happy.gif


Have another great recommendation. "Lovely Baby Bach" CD by Raimond Lap. available at HMV Classical Section. At only $11.95. It is re-composed and includes sound effects, eg. baby gargle, rattles, etc. Very nice!
 
chenoa, U can get nursing bra 1 or 2 size bigger in cup but not wider measurement underbust. I got mine fr Triump..thinking of getting 2 more fr Mothercare. The model I'm looking for currently don't have the stock for my size.

Actually I'm using quite a lot of nursing bra..change 3 times a day.
 
Morning ladies.

How is everybody feeling?

Want to check...

Re: Chinese herbs on bathing
Anybody got? How much per packet? How many pack do we need? My CL told me just tell the pharamacy and they will know what to do.
 
Hi Evon,

You can buy from Fu Hua. It is $1.00 per packet.
happy.gif
How many packets depend on how many times you intend to bath. Maybe can buy 10 packets first. Not enough, go back and buy. That is what the lady at Fu Hua advised me 'cos I'm not sure if I will be using it at all heee..

Cheers~
 
Hi Evon,
My mom got a pac for $2.50 from medical hall. I've stocked 25 pacs for a mth (since I can only start using it on the 12th day) :p

Me getting breatheless & lethargic nowadays, plus body aching which is unbearable esp. at nite....my mil's neighbor juz given birth yest, her EDD was 1st week of April..so fast....me counting down....
 
RE : Chinese Herbs
My mum say can get it fm Chinese Medical Hall... don knw how much... tink s/b few dollars a pack ba...
 


chenoa, i dunno wat's the purpose of massage the hair scalp leh.. but dun wanna do the hair scalp massage liao.. for my confinement, i on the fan wherever i go.. didnt on aircon cos bb scare cold.. and body maciam heat up.. think cos of the food i eat, like ginger and dom, etc.. i keep perspiring.. and make me feel very uncomfortable cos my hair will sweat too.. and make me headache.. my mum keep scolding me but no choice.. cant live without fan.. for bf, i give my bb ebm.. no latching.. try to let him latch on but failed.. but i wipe my body then feed him.. think still ok lor.. nixon doesnt react to the smell cos he came in with my mum for a while.. and even my mum cant tahan the smell.. too hot..

hunniepot, me hack care leh.. i wipe and shower as usual.. just now shower secretly.. cos wanna get rid of the oily thingy off my body.. think can shower the next day lah.. before she comes lor..

hi zach's mum, thanks for ur concern
happy.gif
u take good care too huh
happy.gif


1sttimemum, the massage for me lasted for an hour.. for baby massage, she said she will do it at 6th and 7th session.. will let u know how long is the baby's massage next week..

Kathija has 5 years post natal massage experience.. and she got her certificate from local mosque..

girl, i'm thinking of getting the musical mobile for nixon leh.. the tiny love mozart-in-motion u all talking about is musical mobile huh? anyone have a pic of it and where can get it at a cheaper price??
 

Back
Top