(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Good morning ...
happy.gif


Went for my checkup last nite...My gynae says that I should expect some tightening of tummy, it's normal at this stage now... My bb is engaged oredi, n he can continue to move downwards somemore, which is going to cause more discomfort and compression on my pelvic area...got to bear with it...
The scan shows there's still space for him to move loh...n he's 2.5kg liao at end of 34wks...
 


Morning all.

Preciousbabe,
u mean the water can be checked through the CTG scan? U dun worry 2 much.... Like what hunniepot said, u'll b 37th week n so little Jayden b fine. =)

chenoa,
can we still take pao sheng?
 
Koalarie,
I take pao sheng with the birst nest MIL cooks for me once a week....not a lot, only a small bowl of bird nest with a few thin slices of pao sheng.
 
Good morning ladies,

Precious,
Rest well.

Terrier,
Congrats. Looks like not too long now.
happy.gif
Do you feel any different now that baby is engaged?

For the past 2 nights, when I lie down to sleep I've been experiencing discomfort at my groin area. And when I turn from side to side, it's groin area is uncomfortable and I can feel my whole lower back creaking. Though when I'm upright, I don't experience any discomfort or backache. Anyway have same feeling?
 
morning everyone

jilian, since i tilted my bed, when i turn at night, i hv pain in my ermm... upper butt? (the scasiatic (spelling?) nerves) and also lower back pain. it's much harder to turn. but same like u, when i'm upright, no pain. possibly yr's pelvic area is loosening up even more to get ready? think i read that somewhere
 
sggal,
You think it's cause of your bed, or coincidence?

Well I hope if loosening of pelvic area means baby easier to come out, I'm all for it! Hahaha...

Has anybody been doing the perenial massage? I've been doing for close to 2 weeks, and I do sense a difference.
 
jilian,
i think it's cos of the bed. cos before that nothing.

i also wanna try, but (1) not sure if getting to the "right" area and (2) a bit hard to reach round bump / big butt to reach there leh or either that i got really short arms :p hahaha
 
chenoa, the bind she used is elastic one, with alot of hooks.. she will use a very long clothes to wrap up the tummy first then use the bind.. the bind is so tight so me that i have to sit straight.. keke.. the bind can be remove before go to bed but the cloth remove the next day only.. and everytime i just wash it with warm water.. cos just wipe off, not clean enough leh..
SIM mobile offer by Rae?? is it from this thread?? nvr read any info about it leh, anyway, hunniepot is getting one for me from taka fair this morning.. and she is really an early bird.. keke.. i'm thinking of meeting hunniepot 27 March tat week, anyone wanna meet up too?? the more the merrier
happy.gif
that is when i finished my confinement liao.. can go out with nixon liao.. keke.. cos i'm afraid u all cant make it on later date..
happy.gif


preciousbabe, hope u can endure the contraction till ur baby's born.. can try to tell urself it is not painful at all when the contraction come.. this is wat i did on the labour ward.. i think it works on me but not totally of course.. keke.. when the contraction come, i keep telling myself, it is not painful at all.. maybe because mentally distract from the painful contraction.. the pain is slightly better when telling myself that..

hey huniepot, are u back from shopping already?? how's ur shopping trip??
happy.gif
 
sggal,
Can ask your husband do for you with his index fingers. I asked my husband and got a "you're crazy" look from him thought.
happy.gif
But no harm asking. Haha...

Jumbo,
Don't mind a gathering. But have to see what's the arrangement like first. Hehe.. Everybody gonna stare at the group cos all big bellied, like when me, sggal and 1sttimemum were at Parkway.

Re: Tiny love products
Baby's Hyperstore having 20% discount on their tiny love products. Of course this is not a lot compared to the price you're getting at Taka fair, but just in case any mummies on the lookout for products that are not sold at taka.
 
Jilian
I only feeling more pressure on my whole pelvic area, especially sometimes sharp pain on my bladder and compression on my rectum....getting more tired than before

But I dunwan bb to come out so fast leh....Want him inside till April... my confinement lady is having holiday now till end of the month...n I havn't finished with the nursury yet leh...n lastly I want to enjoy the last of couplehood... heehee...
happy.gif
 
Terrier,
I totally understand how you feel. I keep on telling bb please don't come out yet, cos his stuff not totally organised yet. And his bulky items like mattress, stroller, car seat are still at the Hyperstore warehouse, yet to be delivered!

Well I think you just rest well. And no sex, since the hormones released during sex, may start contractions.
happy.gif
Hehe...
 
Hi gals,
This morning really a bad day for me.... cause bb not moving since yesterday. No matter how i move or shake, he just refuse to move so went to see gynae and guess what, the moment i see hmy gynae, my bb start moving liao!!!! Haiz, make me so worry and not only that, he was punching inside my tummy and i can see so clearly.... doc say if bb really dun move or movement reduce than she might want to induce me earlier!!! Now bb weigh 2.4kg at 34 weeks!!!
 
Preciousbabe,

Relax and hang on and dun worry too much. Ur baby will be fine.

Gals, I dun mind meeting up on the 27th mar week, let me knw the confirmed date n I will apply leave. Anyway, m applying leave on and off to rest now. My back is aching and now cant really walk for too long. Leg oso aching.

Terrier, I oso dun wan my bb to come out now thou I have been experiencing pain almost everyday as (i)I not really ready yet, (ii) my 2nd dog still recovering from her lung infection n (iii) my confinement lady is only available in April. So m telling my baby to be good and come out next mth.
 
Me too dun mind to meet up on the 27th Mar.... i can apply leave on that day too but must let me know the confirm date coz cannot last min apply!!!! After the scare from bb, i feel better and got mood to work liao.... kekeke!! BB getting naughty liao, hope that he will stay inside till April too and now have to keep telling bb dun give mummy new surprise....

Jilian,
Agreed with you, that day alot of ppl are looking at us at parkway... heehee!!! But kind of feeling so proud leh. I haven't even start doing the perenial massage coz not sure how to do and scare do wrongly... but will try it out tonight and see if i can reach and also will go to library to borrow some book on giving birth...
 
Des n Jilian

Ya...My hubby and I oso have been talking to bb, asking him to come out later...hopefully he really listens to us...

My hubby's colleague was telling him that bb actually really can listen...b'coz there's another mummy up to due date still haven't delivered due to some reasons, n the gynae fixed the date for c-section...then as the mummy was preparing to go for it, she told her bb now going in to c-section liao...but the moment she said that, her water bag burst n went thr natural instead...haha...dunno is coincidence or wat... :p

Des, good to hear that ur doggy is recovering...So ur hubby will take over taking care of her during ur confinement?

Jilian, when u getting all those stuff delivered? But are u already in progress of organizing the stuff? Very initially I tot I only start to wash bb stuff n etc 1 month before EDD, but I was very gan cheong when I see other mummies preparing already...good to have this forum to share what each other is doing at what stage...
so I write up a detailed list of things to do, so I try to do a little everyday after work since last week...It is tiring ... but if can finish earlier, then can relax and wait for bb's arrival later on...
 
Terrier,
I only do on weekends. Never bother doing anything on weekdays. I morph into couch potato after dinner. Hehehe...

I'm going to finish doing everything by my 36th week. This week I'm 34th week. So I think still ok. I've washed his nappies and clothes. So this weekend will wash the sheets and clean the cot and organize/repack the cupboard. Then I getting them to deliver my stuff on 1st April.

I very slack one. My husband keep on saying go clean the stuff. So I will say why don't he do it instead of nagging at me.
happy.gif
 
jilian, hee hee... i will try... see if i get a "you're crazy" look too :p

terrier, i also only do stuff on weekends. weekdays no energy la, except for days when i work from home, then in between typing emails i go do a little. but hor.. dun wanna stress u, but... i done all my stuff liao, so baby can pop out anytime ...except she's still breech! and my confinement lady doing for someone else now until 30/3. so must also tell baby to hang on! so far she's been very kwai, until now this breech thing she's not listening to us ...sigh...

ya... wld be funny to have a whole bunch of big bumps walking around. 3 of us at parkway already people looking at us... imagine if more... people might think we're starting a demonstration...ahhahahahaa
 
koalarie, thanks for the link. looks like got something for me to do while on leave before baby comes :D

yay.... i'm starting leave on 29 mar (have to clear last year's leave). anyone else on leave already?
 
sggal,
Aiyoh I have no leave to clear ah. Hoarding all my leave now. Wah, you gonna stay home 2 weeks before baby comes?

Maybe you want to try to shine a torch at the bottom of your belly, see if your baby will move towards the light? I know quite unorthodox, but I did hear that they can sense light already and might move towards it, so no harm trying.
 
jilian, ya... two weeks of freedom!! (afterall, nothing to do in the office :p) Dr thinks I'm crazy, says I'll be bored, but I got frens to meet up with, run errands, tidy the house, bake cakes, SLEEP, go for massage / haircut, cook dinner for hubby.... lots to do !
happy.gif
 
jilian,... oops, i forgot to answer this one... we tried the torch. she get active at the light, but doesn't move towards the light. maybe she thinks it's a spotlight for her to dance :D
 
sggal

u so funny...looking at what u done on ur gal makes me laugh...
happy.gif
Actually it's good that u already plan what you want to do during that 2 weeks of leave...should enjoy yourself before bb comes out...
happy.gif


Heehee...my boss just pop by and ask me when I'm going to be on materity leave...I told him I don't intend to, and he was quite surprised...he tot I was joking with him when I already told him last time... :p
 
terrier,
same leh. I have already told my boss that I don't intend to take official maternity leave until the day I pop. He looked surprised and he laughed when he asked if I was sure. Hehe.. But he has agreed to let me work from home when it is nearer my EDD. Phew...

sggal,
My boy dances to music. I just stuck one earphone to my stomach while I'm listening to my mp3s. And he kept on moving. Hahaha.. But have to be soft and only for a short time if not, they will be over-stimulated.
happy.gif
 
Hey jumbo

I tried out the musical mobile which I got for for you and it is spoilt!
sad.gif
The thing doesnt move.. so I got to bring it back to taka tomorrow and see if they have new stocks coming in.. will keep you informed?
 
terrier / jilian, my boss also asked me today when i'm going on leave... must be a day all bosses decide to check on us :D

jilian, mine loves going to movies. when at the cinema, waa... very active. not so much into music, altho we have a specific CD for sleeping time (Vivaldi's 4 seasons) which we play when going to sleep. hopefully, next time she'll remember this and go to sleep when we play that CD.

i've been looking at cake and cookie receipes on the site koalarie posted... now i'm HUNGRY! luckily it's almost time to go home
 
hey girls, can meet on 29 March when sggal starts on leave lor.. as i said before, the more the merrier.. keke.. im free till mid of May.. keke.. still find it too short leh..

hunniepot, ya, will hear from u tomolo.. ma-fan-ni-le.. are u free on 27th march that week? cos asking other girls to meet up too..
happy.gif
 
jumbo

No need to be so ke qi lar
happy.gif
I will try to make it on the 29th.. if I havent pop by then
happy.gif
Cos it is quite near my EDD then liao...
 
Jumbo,

RE: SIM by Rae
I posted this before, think you missed it....
happy.gif


A mum in the forum wants to sell hers at $45. It's the symphony-in_motion(SIM) geometric shapes. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/270192/382088.html?1141904445 The SIM are old designs, Mozart-in-motion (MIM) is the newest design. Saw from the US sites that the retail price in US is the same for all these models, US$39. But I thought the SIM is better 'cos can play 3 different music - Mozart, Bach and Beethoven.

A bit too late, hunnipot already bought MIM for you.....and thank hunnipot for checking
kao_cheers.gif
....brand new also spoilt.....

hunnipot, the mobile got warranty or not huh?
 
cheona

Dont have warranty.. actually the counter staff there very screwed up.. think taka just hired a bunch of kids to manage the counter.. the box was already opened when I saw it.. I brought it to the counter and the boy sort of accused me of opening the box which I didnt.. so pissed off.. wanted to test it there and then.. they also dont allow me to..

I really like the MIM.. my hb saw it and fell in love with it too..
happy.gif


BTW.. in case you are interested.. the marketing company for tiny love will have new stocks coming in tomorrow ard 6.. but MIM is out of stock.. so if you still want it.. you can go down and talk to the tiny love rep there called melissa.. and then you pay for the toy upfront they will still give it to you at $49.. but collect at a later time.. very pleased with tiny love's service heh
 
Yesterday I mentioned about the OG sale at Orchard for members only....wow.....good discount leh, 20% storewide + 10% or 15% for some brands......cashier Q damn long.....I Q for almost an hour!!

Best bargain....Eternity bra at $6.90 (30% off). Actually that's my main purpose of going down....Luckily got my size and I grabbed all.
kao_biggrin.gif
Not many actually, only 4 pcs. At first can only find 2 pc...then I realise that the tag is wrong, so I piece by piece compare and find 2 that are actually my size but tag wrongly.

Pigeon sale items no further discount, and other noraml priced items are only 20%. Nothing special.

As usual, Triump has offers on its bras and underwear. Think someone mention buying Sorella underwear to use as disposable undies....Ya....I bought them too, maybe I will still wash them but even throw away is ok...pice is similar to those disposables and def. more comfy lor ...2 packs(total 10 pcs) at $9.90. Can also find this at Metro and JL - sale item.

Hmm...other things I bought....a Goldlion L/S shirt and belt for hubby.
happy.gif
 
cheona

SIM on offer.. I think only the SIM (light & symphony) is on offer.. I help you keep a lookout but not sure if I will be staying there till 6 pm though.. the tiny love person also mentioned that they will have a promo at the third level after the bb fair.. but MIM is not on offer.. not sure if it refers to other items
 
hi sggal

I am already on leave since 6 March.... hehe.... too lazy to go to work. But stay at home also quite bored.

Preciousbabe,

You take care! Tell your bb must be good and stay inside till full term. Meanwhile, whenever you suffer contractions, just take deep breaths and try to distract yourself with music or tv.

Hunniepot,

So impressed that you can still shop around. I find difficulty in walking liao, cos stomach feels very heavy. I also walk very slow. But now making a list of my fav food that I MUST eat before I go into labour. Or else I will surely miss it for the next few months.

Regarding the herbs for confinement, I bot the da feng ai from chinese medical halls. Think we need that for bathing to get rid of wind. check that out.
 
lemontree

I also feel very heavy nowadays.. I cant walk for too long.. max 4 to 5 hours.. then I will walk like a tortoise liao.. but guess it is the sudden burst of energy b4 bb decides to come out.. cos I have yet to complete stocking up bb's things.. everything shld be completed by this afternoon then I can rest and relax at home and not run all over the place
happy.gif


Yeah.. I told my hb I want to have a good meal b4 bb comes out.. so going to hunt for nice food later
happy.gif
 
lemontree

Havent yet! Yourself? Delivering at GlenE right? Has your doc assigned a pediatrician for your bb yet? Thining of getting one near my place.. not sure who though..

Heh.. going out now on my shopping spree.. see you gals later!
happy.gif
 
Hunniepot

I am delivering at TMC. My gynae wanted to recommend me a PD, but I heard he is not good so I be getting another one. You better find out more about the PD your doc assign you. Heatd some are really unprofessional.

Can some mummies advise me how come cannot bathe with the herbs until the 12th day?

And regarding the MIM mobile and SIM mobile, what are the songs inside?
 
koalarie
I just read the news from the link..... its so sad and wondering how the poor mummy cope!!!!

hunniepot
You mean you still haven't finish stocking up bb things??? Heehee, i thought amount all of us here, you are one of the most well prepare le.... heehee!! Just joking.
 
Lemontree,
I'm also delivering at TMC. May I know which PD your gyane recommend you that you heard not that good?

My gynae recommend me Dr. EK Ong at TMC also. He is same PD as my friend's and my friend said he is very good.
 
wow.. unbelievable. I only merely heard of expo incident but didn't noe was caused by a barrier to hospital?????!!!

Me just went to compasspt to buy breakfast and confinement bath herb packets. Got 14 pkts 1st.. not enuf then c how. =p

Also got bottle of pao sheng powder to tiao qi for delivery.

The Fu Hua guy told me to observe my right leg after the toes portion... he said from a look, 2 weeks I will deliver... told me if the right starts to be as swollen as the left; the waterbag will burst.. I was like thinking "how you noe.." but he said this is what chinese physicians observation.... so looks like got to observe lor. =p
 


Hunniepot,
4 to 5h stamina???!!! U really good le.. I walked less than an hour, I muz find seats to sit already leh.

Mayb ur frequent swimming really helps.

Wonder how's Jasminetea's checkup 2day. =)

Me later afternoon go c Lisa.. blood n urine test results all clear... so now hoping tat she dun give me saying such as "ur bb seems 2 weeks ahead.."

Else what the Fu hua guy said b true already. =p
 

Back
Top