(2006/04) April 2006 MTB


daphne

My gynae advised me to do squats also cos I kept asking him when I can give birth? Heh.. the squats may cause earlier labour (for the purpose of stretching the cervix) so if you want your bb to be kwai and stay inside longer... dont do too much squats I think

Evon

Shld be leh.. dont know gynae just said that he will see me weekly from now onwards..

He didnt say whether bb's head engaged liao good or bad.. but guess if bb's head engaged.. higher chances of coming out earlier and also be assured of higher chances of normal delivery.. cos if bb's head not engaged yet.. anytime can turn to breech position & other positions....

I have been taking coconut drink once a week since week 33.. nice
happy.gif
 
hunnipot

Thanks for your info on playgro.
happy.gif


So you went down to orchard today.....bought the Mozart mobile?

I also need to buy the Eternity nursing bra. Think I'll need 80C. Got see this size available?
 
sggal,

May i know where n how much u pay for your Britax??
Am thinking of getting Britax too cos can be use from NB to 18kg, right??

I didn't know Britax also have isofix..been searching for it..saw at BB fair @ taka but that is Britax Royale ( no isofix leh)
 
cheona

No worries
happy.gif


Yup! Bought the mozart mobile.. very good buy heheh.. thanks for the info too!

The eternity bras at paragon metro have very limited sizes and are pretty small.. The largest size is only 85B, no C-cup available leh.. quite disappointed..
 
hunniepot, u got check wif the salesgirl? Tat time i went saw size 34/36/38...
happy.gif


jilian... tks for the info... tink hv to wait for hubby bk fm overseas than go c c look look...
happy.gif


RE : Pram
Actually me n hubby like Peg Prego very much. But opt out cos of the weight(abt 8kg). I won't b able to handle the Peg Prego pram alone. Got the Combi pram instead. Tink is the NU 50000 model(abt 4kg only). Cost 500 plus got dunno wat egg shock...
happy.gif


hahaha... ya lor shylyn
happy.gif
can feel bb powerful move again today...
happy.gif


RE : Milk storage bags
Hv not get any yet. Only intend to get after the milk comes... cos don knw will hv alot anot... if not, it will b a waste of money...
 
Yukie,
No problem. Just make sure that you get from the authorized distributor so that your pram will be properly guaranteed. As far as I know Baby's Hyperstore is the autho dealer for Quinny. So although you might get cheaper outside, but I heard that the warranty is not the same. Combi should be no problem. By the way, the Quinny is also very heavy. I got a cheaper and lighter Combi for trips to the nearby grocery store. Don't think I can lug the Quinny around without hubby.
 
Rach,

We bought the Britax Cosytot Isofix infant car seat (rear facing, 0-13kg, comes together with the Isofix base) from http://www.storktalkmidlands.co.uk/index.php
(we dealt with this guy called Damon)

price is GBP129.99 so about S$300+ depending on yr credit card's exchange rate. (they also take other payment methods) BUT you have to pay shipment charges. we shipped 6 days express (compared to 35 days normal) at around GBP105.

If you try MC Singapore, they will sell the seat seperately from the base which is stupid cos without the base, it's not Isofix safe. they selling at close to S$700 (if you add both seat + base together) but claim they not charging you shipment. BUT, they said now no stock, only comes around April (not confirmed, but given my experience with them since dec 05, nothing they say is guaranteed, so i didn't want to count on them)

btw, u need to check if yr car has Isofix. See the Britax site for guide to Isofix-ready cars. http://www.britax.co.uk/ the older kids seat (9mths - 4 years) is called Duo Plus Isofix
 
hunniepot, where u get your coconut drink? i see them at NTUC but muz open up yourself and i really at a loss in opening. i use to drink mine at Si Ma Lu but now no more, dunno where to get it.
 
cheona

I didnt manage to catch the salesgirl at Metro.. didnt see anyone around that counter leh.. so didnt ask.. Im intending to go to IMM tomorrow to look for nursing bras... same price $9.90. You want me to help you see if they have your size?

Will try out the musical mobile tomomrrow when I go over to my mum's place.. she insisted on bringing my shopping bags home as she didnt want me to carry bulky stuffs when taking MRT.. keep you posted
happy.gif


Yukie

They do have those sizes.. 34/36/38 but only cup A & B.. I need 42C leh.. so those sizes dont fit me..

Daphne

I got those young thai coconuts just behind my place.. Toa Payoh Lor 4.. there is a fruit stall just next to econ-minimart.. cheap.. selling @ $1.20 each only and they chop for you too! If you find it a hassle to chop the coconut if you get it from NTUC.. another place I know that sells coconut drink is at United Square.. the stall just next to starbucks that sells katong laksa.. but pretty ex.. selling @ $3 each.. or you can try out Sakura family restaurant.. coconut drink for $3 each too
 
I got the eternity nursing bras at OG... you gals can go take a look.. with OG card, got discount somemore.

I will be seeing my gynae in week 36 also.. and she mentioned that she will do a V check and check for infection..
after that will be weekly visit also...

when baby head is engaged, it means that soon you will be in labour.. I'm hoping I can pop in the first week of april.. tat is in my 38weeks...

feeling so tiring now... especially my legs...
 
I have been having pain since last wednesday night. Went for gynae check last Thursday and I was having a mild contractions. Gynae gave 2 days of MC for me to rest. He also did the Cervic checked. Cervix softens but baby not engaged yet. So he gave me medication to stop the pan. Hopefully, it helps. I still do experience the pain. The pain is all round especially at the lower adonmen plus I start having backaches and my sides (waist) are getting more and more 'suan'. Can hardly walk for too lon.

I hope my bb can wait till end of this mth or next mth. I'm at 36th week now.

RE: Maternity leave
I intend to apply for ML from 3 apr onwards.
 
I just came back from taka fair and got my air-filled rubber sheet from Pigeon at $9.70 and also the waterproof cot sheet at $17.80..... by the way, how do you gals wash the waterproof cot sheet huh?? Written there need to dry clean or wash in 40 degree temp. water??? So fussy want meh?? Anyone can share with me how to wash huh??

Pigeon nappy liner - Stock still not here yet but did ask the sale gal than they say by this week will have stock liao......
 
1sttimemum,
Sorry hor, didnt reply to your earlier post coz I went out. Anyway, I just intend to rinse the cot sheet with normal water. Subsequently if it's stained, then I'll use washing powder to rinse it lor.
 
sggal,

thank you so much. i've been looking for the Britax first class but think that does not have isofix leh..

i'm looking for a car seat that's suitable for NB up to 18kg..rather than a infant car seat. Therefore i guess i have to keep on searching for one that has isofix and can b use from NB to 18kg..haiz..
 
1sttimemum

The waterproof cot sheet I got.. I machine washed it and then put inside the dryer (cannot be too cramped) But yours might be slightly different from mine.. guess it is better for you to follow the washing instructions..
 
hunniepot
Just to check with you if yours is bought from Pigeon and the cotton side is with pic and white base???

preciousbabe
You mean just rinse with normal water will do huh???
 
Evon & 1sttimemum

I got 2 types of waterproof cot sheet.. one is the totally rubber one (white version with cartoons from pigeon - actually it shld be called the rubber mat right?) another one.. one side fabric and one side waterproof.. think I post the picture here again:

384937.jpg


Got it from OG last time about $32 after discount.. the washing instructions say can machine wash and then use dryer
happy.gif
Im lazy mummy.. only buy those things which I can machine wash and then throw inside dryer
 
hi hunnipot,
was at AMK just now and tried some nursing bras. All similar design but the cutting may differ a bit. So it may be 34C, 36C, 38C....must really try on and get the best fit. Note that when you upsize from 36C to 38C (for example) not only underbust increase, the cup also slightly bigger.

Personally, I find the Sorella one least fitting. Amo is not bad. Din see any Wacoal. Didn't try on Triump - avoiding it for the moment 'cos it's much more expensive. Tomoro I will continue my search for cheap and good nursing bra.

Evon,
There was a bulk purchase for ShooShoo in the forum. Is the prices going to be cheaper?
 
cheona

So far the nursing bras I got are from Ero ($19.90) and IMM ($9.90).. yup got slight diff as the bustline is 40 & 42 respectively.. I outgrew the 40" one already (regretted buying so many) but can use bra extension to lengthen the bustline if the cup size is fitting but the bustline is too short..
 
hunniepot
Mine is different from yours..... this one is the more ex one..... the other one is from Pigeon which is waterproof cot sheet.......... heehee!! Mine only cost $17.80 but yours is $30++
 
1sttimemum,
yup, I'm going to rinse with clear water only coz it's new and clean mah. Just want torinse just in case lor. If u want, u can also put it in the laundry net, put some bb washing powder and machine wash
happy.gif
 
kao_clap.gif
<font size="+1">April 2006 MTB</font>
kao_cheers.gif


<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Loving</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Johor Specialist Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bbtree</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr A.L. Lim</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kokopooh</TD><TD>30/03/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD>02/04/2006</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joan(Babe)</TD><TD>05/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kyla</TD><TD>06/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Daphne</TD><TD>06/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr See Tho KY</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little Fish</TD><TD>07/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hunniepot</TD><TD>08/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mochie</TD><TD>09/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Preciousbabe</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Goh Sheng Li</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wishbear</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lemontree</TD><TD>10/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Phyllis Liawu</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shylyn</TD><TD>11/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Kee</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jolie</TD><TD>12/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Lai </TD></TR><TR><TD>Des</TD><TD>12/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasminetea</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kim Tan</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Y W Lim</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chenoa</TD><TD>15/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Vincent Lee</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rach</TD><TD>16/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD>16/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jo</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ice</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Chua</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>SGgal</TD><TD>17/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng </TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Ho</TD><TD>18/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr SW Seng</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jade</TD><TD>18/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr HY Wee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Irene</TD><TD>19/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutecute</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Terrier</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leereiner</TD><TD>20/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Maraquan</TD><TD>21/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhaocaimao</TD><TD>21/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr C W Fong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Winne</TD><TD>22/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>DR KK Ho</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBLim</TD><TD>23/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evonlimsy</TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr T C Chang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jilian </TD><TD>25/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr T C Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Telly</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smurfy</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1sttimemum</TD><TD>26/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>ESH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Emon</TD><TD>27/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nana</TD><TD>27/04/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshine Tay</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yukie</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr S H Kee </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowy</TD><TD>28/04/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Taurus</TD><TD>03/05/2006</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sponge</TD><TD>03/05/2006</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gebbera</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Juzmaine</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Adelene</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shanti</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Sureh Nair </TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bubbles</TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD></TD><TD><tbc></TD><TD><tbc> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

<font color="0000ff">Total No of Boys : 21</font>
<font color="ff0000">Total No of Girls : 24</font>

kao_clap.gif
<font size="+1">We Are Born!</font>
kao_cheers.gif


<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>DOB</TD><TD></TD><TD>Baby's Name</TD><TD>Baby's Weight</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jumbo</TD><TD>02/04/2006</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>23 Feb 2006, 11.18pm</TD><TD></TD><TD>Nixon</TD><TD>3235g </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>
 
preciousbabe....
Thanks but can i just ask you another question?? Can i put it on the bb cot even when bb is sleeping??? Where should i put it huh?? Under the sheet or above?? Really sorry!!
 
Good morning ladies.

Anybody feeling so hot even in the office that your palms and soles of your feet sweat? Mine is quite bad. No idea if they turn up the air-con or wat. But before I was pregnant I need to wear jacket almost everyday cos it was so cold. Now it's the opposite, I'm so hot most of the time. I'm dreading confinement.
 
Jilian,
Its common to feel hot at this stage coz we are holding of bb inside us mah...... me same with you, i always need to wear jacket in the office but nowaday dun need and feel hot if i walk up and down..... even at home also must on air-con in the bedroom to cool myself down......1
 
I also cannot imagine doing confinement on these kind of weather leh... somemore April to July is super hot so we are gonna be like in the suana the entire whole month and no ice cold water to quench our thirst....... so sad!!
 
chenoa,

not sure if it would go cheaper somemore. But one other mommy was only offered 10% and so far Hsee's has in at 15%, quite a catch.

But the US site one.. if the rates remind even with taxes, I think the US one worth to consider... just that dun want to keep changing sellers. =p
 
Morning ladies

Rach, I don't think there's an Isofix NB to 18kg cos only Britax and Maxicosi hv Isofix at the moment (that I saw on their websites) and both hv seperate infant and kid seats. that's why we got the infant one. besides, we figure by the time we get #1 into the kid seat, might have #2 to sit in the infant seat liao :p

jilian, think it's common to feel hot. me another case of jacket person to super hot. i hv a small fan under my desk in the office n turn it on whenever hot (it helps a bit la). at home quite windy so no need, but at night i hv 2 fans blowing full blast at me. poor hubby wrapped up in blanked like winter... used to be me that's cold....hahaha
 
hi mummies,

For the muscial mobile on the crib, many pple told me that we not suppose to "on" it when the bb is still young because the bb cannot focus yet. There may be danger of the bb getting cross-eyed. But fixing it on without movement is ok.
 
sggal,
We sleep with air-con and usually I don't need the blanket. My skin is cool to touch but still I feel like I'm sweating.

Sggal, 1sttimemum,
I just sms-ed you. HOpe it's not too much of an inconvenienced to meet at 7.30pm instead. My friend gave birth yesterday and discharging tomorrow. So have to visit her at hospital right after work. Will rush to Parkway after that. Sorry!
 
sggal
Maybe we can meeet up earlier than go shop shop and wait for Jilian to come..... are you okay with the idea???

jilian,
You take your time and dun rush......
 
1sttimemum,
Thanks. By the way, I have sms-ed you sggal's contact in case she missed your entry. You can sms her if she doesn't reply your entry.
 
Morning ladies
Jilian, yeah..used to b shivering in my office cos i'm seated directly under e air con &amp; need to put on jacket &amp; can u imagine, at one time i somemore put on gloves at work..hee..now..no need oredi..can 'fight' with my colleague who is of bigger sized &amp; used to tease me saying i'm weak..heheh

I went to c my gynae yest &amp; he estimated my bb to b 2.8kg when full term..dunno his exact weight now cos gynae only measure his thigh bone..bb's head is now below though not engaged. Gynae said I'm undergoing early signs of labour as I complained abt my hardening tummy &amp; aches/pains at the lower tummy area..anyone also experienced same thing? Gynae told me if really go into labour also need another 10 days cos bb's head not engaged..so still hv some time to enjoy..^_^
 
1sttimemum,
The cot sheet is to be put on top of the bedsheet. Ya, put it there even when bb is sleeping coz the purpose of using it is to protect the bedsheet from bb urine and poo lor. At first I wanted to use the rubber one but find that it is too hot if bb is to sleep on that for long hours, furthermore it is uneven so bb may not feel comfortable sleeping on it. So with this cloth one now, bb shld be able to sleep more comfortably.
 
1sttimemum,
heee....u r welcome...no need to be so ke qi lah...if u never ask me question, I also dont know wat to post in this forum...hahaa...
 
Shylyn

I read ur posting on ur gynae's comments, I feel scared....b'coz I oso have the same symptoms as u, I've been experiencing tightening of tummy for past few days, and pelvic area more heavier and painful than usual, rectum area oso ganna compressed.

Now I very anxious waiting for my gynae appt tomorrow night....
 


Shylyn, terrier,
same 4 me too. Would ask my gynae on friday... anyway.. dun worry urselves. Just try massaging the painful area n tell bb not time yet n bb'd somehow make the pain go away. =p
 

Back
Top