(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

mom,
had pm u...

water play,
my hb dont wan his girl catch cool, tat y never joint the water play...
sad.gif

Wow, u gals really had fun....would have loved to join all of you...

Anyway, my boy was born yesterday weighing 3.19kg.
More about him on my blog babyship.blogspot.com.
Muz learn from those no.2 mommies how to manage kids already loh..heehee...

Tracy,
Thanks, KJ is usually in his happy mood unless I say no when he wants his milk. Then he will cry.

momyam,
wow, did not realise you took so many pictures. Now waiting for you to email them to me. I did not take much pictures because I was busy with KJ. I did not take any pictures at the water fall which I think it was quite wasted.

babe,
congratulation. It is so nice to see your newborn.

Ah yo.... the photos showed that the kids are enjoying themselves le..... Got anymore?

Momyam, got facebook or some website that can share? Or maybe use hunniepot's april2006 yahoo photo album??

Thanks, momyam.... my husband, poor thing.. got gout attack already then got severe headache on the weekends.. ended up that sunday we didn't bring xuanting to vivocity to play at the water area.

Hunniepot, how's work?

Mommies, i need help! i've put the photos in Flicker but i dont know how to share lei.. sob sob...

Evon, i have facebook.. you wanna add me? [email protected]

Draik, i didnt realise i took so much picture also.. hahaha.. until i upload i got a little shock. but i took a lot at the waterplay only. wasted, i should have taken other picture like at the bridge/waterfall etcs..

Mrs Ho, i didnt received your PM lei.. can email me at [email protected]??

fussiecat...
when is your trip? you gg to HKG rite? let me know mayb i can change flt and "take care" of you... heehee..

Momyam,
I think if you go to flickr contact, under invite, you can put in our email address to let us see the photos.

I have facebook too but I seldom visit the site anymore.

babe,

Congrats on the birth of your boy! So you taking no pay leave liao?

Mel,

I called cathay directly, not thru the agent.. you can try giving them a call

Evon,

Work is ok so far, just swamped with so many new things to learn.. my motivation at work is to quickly get my things done so I can go home and spend time with my girl.. there were several times she woke up like every 30 mins at night, just to make sure that I am still around

PETITE..
dun worrie abt your son... i cried the first nite i was in HKG for training... i was away for 7weeks. tot she will not be able to cope and forget me.. but dun worrie la.. but she's fine lor... i think in fact she's still as close to me but of cos she sumtimes looks for my mom instead.. but its alrite cos by the time i get back.. im so tired aldy.. i think she's more independent without me ard... they adapt to changes really quick. when i first went to work she'l cry for me but now she understands that i need to work.. and of cos i tell her b4 i go for flt to get her prepared..

as for POST WEANING meal on CX... i'm not sure they have it cos i've nv seen it served on board b4 leh..

hey strawberry, haha! if possible...
we are taking cathay pacific, flying on 22 Jan. Can't remember the flight no but it is the 10.10 am flight.

Hello,

any mommies here send your child to Julia Gabriels? Any comments? Which one did you go to, the one at Forum, or the one at Evans Road?

Am thinking of sending Shawn there this term, and see if he likes it. If he likes it more than his shichida's class, then i will stop the latter... think Shawn's not so interested in Shichida, though he likes the teacher alot.
happy.gif

Ruixiangmum,
L just started his JG at Evans last sat. JG and Shichida are different. JG has story telling, playing, singing, dancing, art and craft, snack time. Its more lively compared to Shichida.

Maybe you can go for a trial before deciding if Shawn likes it. You should have joined us few mommies during the Holiday Programme by JG in Nov last year. The Holiday Programme curriculum is almost the same as the weekly lessons. oh ya, its billigual (English and Mandarin)

Personally, I prefer SM teaching. I feel tat at Shichida, L can learn more things. Most likely, I will send L back to Shichida after this term end.

May I know what is your comment on shichida after all these lessons?

Hi Tiffany,

Which time slot did you send L for at JG? I have actually already signed up, cos they don't have trial.
sad.gif
Ruixiang will be having his first class this Sat at Evans, which is the second class for the term. We might be in the same class! I signed up for the 4.30pm class. I thought it would be good for me to assess if this class is good before I terminate Ruixiang for SM at the end of this term. But I have not paid up yet, will pay at this Saturday. You really think the class pales in comparison to SM? Hmm, maybe I will send him for trial later instead of joining the class now.

one of my friends was telling me the same thing you mentioned; should have joined the holiday classes first. Does L enjoy the class? Appreciate it if you can share more with me, so that I can call to cancel my registration before this sat and wait for a trial class.
happy.gif

Hey Hunnie,

Read your blog too. I hope Amanda is alright now. My hubby told me she was at class last Sun, but has lost some weight
sad.gif
Hope that things are better for you and her and that you are more settled somewhat at your job.

I can understand what you are going through, as I also had to tear myself away from Ruixiang when he was 10 months old and leave him in the care of a total stranger (nanny). I would rush back, and bring him home to spend time with him. Without him around, there seems to be a void in my life. 1 year down the road, now, I don't feel that void as much, but I will rush to finish my work (so I am more efficient now), and leave to go home early so that I can see him again! Nothing beats seeing the smile on their face when they see you... correct?
happy.gif

Hi Ruixiangmum,
Yes.. L and S could be classmates! Same time slot. btw, which studio they allocate to you? L is at Studio 3.

At JG, they emphasise alot on play and singing. If you have tried GUG, they are similar. During the JG holiday prog, L dint seem to enjoy, but now, I feel he is enjoying himself. Personally, I feel that the sessions tat JG offer, can be taught at home by ourselves, such as art and craft, story telling, singing etc...Comparing the holiday prog and 1st class last sat, they sang the same song! It appears quite routine lor... see how it goes, its only 1st lesson afterall.

I like shichida's teaching cos I like their varieties of materials. They are really very creative in this aspect. I like also the classroom based set-up, it really discipline the kids.

Hi Tiffany,

I am going to cancel Ruixiang's registration at JG. Will go for a trial later first before deciding. Partly because this is only Ruixiang's 3rd term at SM, and we can only get back the fees paid for the parent's education course after 1 full year anyway. Will be xiong to send him to 2 classes, time and costs wise.
happy.gif

Ruixiangmom,
Oh... I hope I did not influence your decision to cancel JG. Different people will have different opinion and each child's interest is also different. I feel that L is sociable,playful and not shy kind, so, I rather save this money and expose him to something I cant do myself, cos I am not creative in self-made materials. Just bring him out more often and let him mingle with other kids to play lor. Singing arh.. I can sing! keke... DVD can also do the job...

Hey Tiffany,

Your sharing with me has some weight, but I have other considerations also. don't worry lah. Thnks for all your sharing. Really.
happy.gif

Hi Su,

Just want to check with you regarding the colostrum tablets. I'm currently giving Enya 2 tablets a day. And realised that after taking the tablets, her appetite increase very very much. She is constantly asking for food. Does Ruixiang react like that too?

Hi Tracy,

Actually I don't know, cos Ruixiang's appetite has always been v v good and will eat anything. Maybe it could just be coincidental? It could be a growth spurt perhaps.
happy.gif

Hi all,

morning.

What is happening to our thread? How comes it is getting so quiet? Where are all April 06 mummies?

<font color="0000ff">Re: colostrum tablets?</font>

What is this colostrum tablets? I have read up a bit on web. But, where do you buy these tablets and how to feed our toddlers?

<font color="0000ff">Re: Childcare centre feedback?</font>

Ah. Xuanting is in Creative O for the second week today.

As we expected that she would fall sick, she fell sick on Thursday night with fever. Though not very high.

We guessed she caught the virus from us, the parents and not from school. Though a few kids are running coughs here and there...

Anyway, what to do, those parents of sick kids need to work and so ask the teachers to take care of their children.

Today, she cried when my mom told her she was going. Think, because she had not been in school for more than two days. The teachers as usual was very patient (based on what I saw on last 3 days). So, one of them who had been very close with Xuanting, carried her and "shooed" my mom to go off.

Hopefully all is fine. =p

My only concern, is eating. Xuanting refused to take the CC's lunch. Though on Wed and Thurs, the teachers managed to feed her several mouths.

This girl, is so fussy at food.

I hope with the influence of her little friends, she would start to eat more. Quite a few of them even asked for second and third rounds of food!

Su,

I just hope it is a growth spurt. I'm just amazed that she is always asking for food. Even right after drinking her milk. I have also increase her milk intake from 220ml to 240ml.

Evon,
Colostrum is the first milk of the cow. You can get them at Fu Hua Medical Hall. I gave them to Enya like sweets. Thanks to Su and Hunniepot for the recommendation.

Breakfast menu

Ladies, I am trying to increase the variety of J's breakfast and wondering if you can contribute some ideas.

This is what J has for breakfast so far:
HT Cereal (most of the time)
Bread soaked in fresh milk (most of the time)
scramble egg (once in a blue moon)

So if I take away the scramble egg, he survives mainly on cereal and bread for breakfast only. Like so poor thing hor.

Hi Mel,

Amanda takes peanut butter plus kaya on bread and its her fav.. and sometimes I give her some cake as well.. those that I buy from four leaves bakery

Hi Mel,

I am also running out of ideas on what to give Shawn. These are the things he current takes:

- wholemeal bread, yoghurt, cheese
- oatmeal cereal with banana
- cheese omelette
- steam/ stir fried eggs with bread
- cake e.g. pandan cake (occasionally)
- nonya zhang (occasionally).

Ruixiang doesn't like things that are too sweet, so he does like spreads on his bread, which limits his variety somewhat.
sad.gif

breakfast (to add on the above):
- honeystar / cornflake
- kutu mayam with little brown sugar (behon type)
will just give anything that we eat too...

Hello everybody,

Any wants to join me in ordering CNY cookies?

I have tried b4 and taste really good. Alot of PP order from her every year and I did too. Is worth trying.

She will only do free delivery if you purchase more then 10 tins.

Pineapple Tarts: $15.00 abt25pcs
Sugi: $13.80 abt 35pcs
Choc cornflakes $13.80 abt 25pcs

i've stopped thinking abt what to give to Matthias for BF. Basically, whatever i eat, he eats. if he doesn't like it, he falls back on white bread. but he must have his fav soya milk, hee hee!

Tks for the contribution to the breakfast list. Let me compile it so that it is useful for other mums who have ran out of ideas.

- HT Cereal/oatmeal cereal with banana
- Bread soaked in fresh milk
- scramble egg /cheese omelette/steam/ stir fried eggs with bread
- Bread with spreads eg jam and peanut butter
- cake e.g. pandan cake
- nonya zhang
- honeystar / cornflake
- kutu mayam with little brown sugar (beehon type)

Some of you mummies very adventurous huh....putu mayam and nonya zhang!! sounds more like breakfast for me...haha.

I add on ok?

- HT Cereal/oatmeal cereal with banana
- Bread soaked in fresh milk
- scramble egg /cheese omelette/steam/ stir fried eggs with bread
- Bread with spreads eg jam and peanut butter
- cake e.g. pandan cake
- nonya zhang
- honeystar / cornflake
- kutu mayam with little brown sugar (beehon type
- Prata
- Fruit cake

Collection pts: NEL, Parkway, Orchard, Punggol

UPDATES on the Qtys

<font color="0000ff">Pineapple Tarts: $15.00 abt 25pcs
Sugi: $13.80 abt 50pcs
Choc cornflakes $13.80 abt 30pcs
Melt in the mouth Almond cookies $13.80 abt 50pcs</font>

<font color="0000ff">Pineapple Tarts: $15.00 abt 25pcs</font>
1)Petite 1 qty
2)
3)
4)
5)

<font color="0000ff">Sugi: $13.80 abt 50pcs</font>
1)Petite 1 qty
2)
3)
4)
5)

<font color="0000ff">Choc cornflakes $13.80 abt 30pcs</font>
1)Petite 1 qty
2)
3)
4)
5)

<font color="0000ff">Melt in the mouth Almond cookies $13.80 abt 50pcs</font>
1)Petite 1 qty
2)
3)
4)
5)

Am I the only one that do not feed KJ with breakfast stuff? I will feed him with beehoon, noodle, porridge for breakfast.

Oh yes, we go for Macdonald breakfast once in a blue moon.

Draik,

We too fed our girl breakfast too; just that mostly bread, cake and whatever breakfast we ate during that time.

Xuanting easily gets "heatiness" so we tries not to let her to take those toasted, baked or fried stuff.

Do you mommies have such problem with your children?

By the way, what health supplements are you giving to your children? And how frequent do you feed them on those suplements?

Hey Koalarie,

I think I am quite KS, and give Ruixiang quite alot of supplement :p, but so far so good.
happy.gif

- Delrosa (Vit c in drinks)
- Colostrum tablets
- Baby Life (from GNC, it's powdered live cultures, to be added to milk). Now they are out of it, so I buy the normal live cultures from GNC. The staff said can give to kids as long as they are on solids. Give small quantity though. V helpful during diarrhoea as it replaces the good bacteria in the tummy which are eliminated during diarrhoea.
- DHA chewy capsules for kids, also from GNC.

Petite,

My girl also like that. Practically fever every 2 weeks. Talking abt fever, she is having it now. I'm very tired too.

Koalarie, I only give Cod Fish oil since isaac is abt 1 year old plus.

Other then that, he has been eating well and fat fat. so i didnt think of any other supplements to give.

Maybe i will intro chinese herbs as he hits 2.

Hi Su,

How much is the DHA chewy tablets? Is it sweet?

petite,

You can get the colostrum tablets from hock hua, about $30+ per bottle

Tracy,

My girl seems to be on a growth spurt too.. her appetite seemed to be much better nowadays *touch wood*.. she can finish 1 full bowl of porridge and yet still want to eat bread after that.. in the past, I have difficulties even feeding her half bowl of porridge

Koalarie - I give J Cod Liver Oil and some chewy vitamins from GNC.

If you want to buy from GNC, I suggest you buy from spree as the price from US is much cheaper.

Tracy (tracy), Looks like I am in the same boat as you... I thought only my son only.

Is it common for them to hv fever now and then?

The fever last for 1-2 days. Can be as high as 39.5 rite?

My mom was telling me it could be active tonsils that caused it.

I am so worry abt his health. Now no appetite. MIlk and food also don't want. Fever now gone, now is the running nose &amp; cough. Really lost.

hunniepot (hunniepot), Er, sorry wat is hock hua? Where can I find this store?

That's good. Amanda is eating more now. My boy is the other way round now.

Hey Hunnie,

Yes, the DHA is sweet. Shawn will chew and the capsule will burst. Then I think he just swallow it.
happy.gif
I can't remember how much it cost, I am a member, if you want to buy, I can get for you and pass to you during SM class.
happy.gif

Good that Amanda is eating more!
happy.gif

Back