(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

terrier

With regards to the qns you asked in bumper playmat bulk purchase.. yes they will call or sms you b4 they come over.. at least the lady sms me b4 she made her rounds just now

Jasminetea

I really thought it is studio material
happy.gif

I am still not used to pple staring at my tummy.. find it pretty rude.. but guess Singaporeans are like that.. like to stare at pple...

hunniepot,
I do get tired easily but the problem is I can't get to sleep
happy.gif
And yesterday was tiring for me coz I played mahjong on fri night and only slept at 8am on sat morning. Woke up at 10am to start cooking and then entertain my friends till abt 10pm. Finally managed to fall asleep at 12midnight and then this morning woke up at 1pm. Heehee...think I'm turning into super woman liao.

Re: Staring at my tummy
Hmmm...don't have people staring at my tummy leh. Perhaps I didn't notice?

jasminetea,
heehee....wait till after our darlings r out then if got time then we organize a gathering at home. Then can try my cooking liao
happy.gif
The photo really looked nice.

my bb has turned down also...
dh's friends visit us today.. till now they are still here... it's so boring and I want to go out!!!
I also notice a lot of ppl starting at my tummy... dunno why...
my mom also advise me to start buying all the baby wipes and powder and other stuffs...
i still havent got my baby playpen and stroller...
however bought a chest of drawer from ikea this week for putting all the baby stuffs...

Went over to my hb's primary 5 class gathering at his teacher's house this morning.. gosh.. quite amazing.. its been 23 years already and they still faithfully gather at their pri 5 teacher's house for CNY without fail every year..

We shld organise a gathering after our bbs are born.. saw from other threads that the mothers gather together for picnics regularly and bring their children along to meet and play with each other..

Hi Hunniepot, yes I agreed that it can be quite rude. Some worse ones will stared at my tummy but never give their seat up to me in MRT or bus. They will just stare and stare. After a while, I just tell myself to get used to it.

Wow, your hubby's class is so close-tied! Very rare! Wish I have a group/class like this.

Preciousbabe, thanks
happy.gif
Heee.. sure by then it will be very good and cute to have all babies to gather together haaaa.. It might be a good informal "play group" for them! By then, I look forward to sample your cooking
happy.gif

Irene, is Ikea very crowded? I need to go there to buy my baby's cabinent also but scared of crowd. So haven't make the trip yet. Thought of going on one Saturday early morning to avoid crowd.

we went there on tues, quite crowded..
we havent build it up yet thou... might do it tonight...
just went to kiddy palace after dh's friends left... bought all the baby wipes and other stuffs like nappy liner, diapers..etc..
but still havent got the playpen and stroller yet...

Yes Hunniepot, the cotton ones is Maxcool & I bought the polka dots ones at 4.50 per 6pc pac, shld've bought it frm Watsons, i've oredi bought for a mth's supply to be used during my confinement so dat my mil won't hv to wash since I can't do washing.

Re: Staring at tummy
I oso realised ppl start to stare at my tummy...just like yesterday on mrt. Women somemore. And I just stare back at her. Don't understand y they got the cheek to do this, yet don't give up seat. Feel upset with these ppl b'coz they themselves have gone thr pregnancy and should have understand our situation...

Hunniepot
Thanks for your reply. I'm staying with my parents these few days, thus afraid the delivery may miss me....

Hubby on biz trip...so I occupied myself at my parents place by trying to sew a few pillow cases for bb...

Morning ladies..

Terrier, thanks /w regards to house visiting.

Re: Disposable maternity panties
Thanks, Hunniepot and Juzmaine. I saw the kiddy palace ones.. n was tempted to get a few as well.. but suddenly realised i left the kiddy palace card somewhere at home n forgot to bring out and so never buy.

Re: BB face down?
So far BB head downwards already?? Tot normally would be 32nd weeks onwards. My bb's head still on top.

Gynae did the scan and bb's head is somewhere near the most roundest part of my tummy. I oso noe why I cant sleep @ my rite side sometimes... her backbone is lying on my rite side. So basically she has her right ear placing very close to my tummy to listen to outside world. N gynae only gave a rough estimation of bb's weight as of 1.2~1.3kg, saying she's quite well developed.

Re: Washing bb clothes and packing maternity bag
Interesting discussion. Hb n I were talking abt tix as well and we decided to start washing clothes once CNY is over. Think most likely b machine wash by placing the clothes and nappies into the washing net. Got tix pigeon washing powder from Robinsons. Not sure good or not...

Re: CNY feasts/meals
preciousbabe, I really envy u. So good in cooking and making stuff. Wish i've the stamina to do it. I am oil-free freak.. so it is like nowadays no strength to ever clean my house but need hb to help.. n if after cooking, i've a tendency to clean up whole kitchen including stove n cupboards.=p

Sigh... but i miss making dishes for my hb.. at least more healthy and he didn't get sick easily as compared to nowadays.

I am amzaed how you can handle preparation of the meal as well..... BRAVO...

Re: Bumpermat
Me getting mine tonite.. a bit disappointed that cant get the SilverPooh... but think it is k... hb la.. last minute want to "chap" in and say Disney princesses too girlish n what if 2nd bb is a boyboy.. sigh.

Re: Tummy size
Well, guess most of you got stare at... same as mine.. but worse of all, I've all my relatives touching my tummy???? Do you all have??? I was like telling my mom abt it yesterday as I found it strange since this practice was not done by my hb's relatives except SIL. Hmmm... my father's relatives practically just kept laughing and smiling that "wow.. huge.. n big at this stage".. n wanting to feel her kicking... As not nice to brush their hands off.. so my tummy kind of got "molested" by the aunties and cousins.

Re: Class gathering
Sigh.. I wanted to go class gathering too.... but was not well last week and so got to postpone... Wow... Hunniepot, ur hb's class so ONZ...... So nice 2 ve all primary school classmates gathered together.. I dunno where mine go to... except 4 secondary school, poly classmates are still in touch.
368549.png

Juzmaine

From your prevous confinement experience.. were you on total rest or do you still help out with household chores or go out at all? Cant imagine myself lying in bed the whole mth.. not doing anything??

terrier

Just in case you wish to contact the playmat pple.. have pm you the contact person's hp no..

Re: staring at tummy

Jasminetea & terrier

Yeah lor.. think the worst are those who stare and stare and still dont give up their seats to us.. have half a mind to tell them off..

I am still working on the preciousmoments cross stitch bib for bb.. almost completed..
happy.gif

Evon
Too bad I can't help u on the bumpermat, since there was a miscount...

Hunniepot
Thanks alot for the contact!
happy.gif

Wow, u do cross stitch on bib? U not scare of milk stain later? :p

terrier

Heh.. welcome! The bib looks cute leh.. but maybe I will just put it around my bb and take fotos only.. decorative purposes
happy.gif

Evon

Think the dino village is quite good too.. anti-viral and anti-bacterial.. seems safer for bb lar
happy.gif

Re: tummy kena molested

So far so good.. luckily none of my relatives tried to molest me hehe.. am ok with my close relatives touching tummy though..

Re: bathing nowadays

Hey.. do you ladies find difficulties in bathing nowadays.. am facing difficulties in washing my legs.. cos with the big tummy blocking..

Re: Bathing nowadays

've that problem since 2 weeks ago.. can't reach down.. so bo bian got to sit at toilet bowl to scratch my toes.. =(

U noe, if can go leg massage? Tot of doing it.. my sisters saw my feet so swollen that my toes skin practically re cramping up... =(

Looks like old lady's feet.. =(

But luckily so far only left leg.

Re: Tummy kena molested
So good, Hunniepot.. dunno y my relatives here love to touch.. mayb becoz my bb is born in doggy year so asking bb to bless them lor. =p

Re: Bumper mat
Terrier, no worries... juz a pity tat the Silver pooh got limitation. =(
Hunniepot, that's the only console i've. =p

How re you ladies?

I'd constipation yesterday... but didn't force one .. juz stomach pain n went toilet as usual but too constipated 4 more than 30 minutes... almost in tears... luckily hb woke up n passed me water to drink then managed to pass it out. But butts kai hua already. =( Then hb was nagging at me 4 not taking prune juice every day n made me drink pure prune juice down.. and within 3h, i'd diahorrea... OMG! Poor butts... =(

Bblim, re u getting better? Not heard much from you. Hope everything's fine.

Re: bathing

Am thinking of placing a plastic chair in the shower area.. quite scared I might fall if I try to bend down too much..

Hmm.. think you better check with your gynae if you can go for leg massage? My dad just bought the osim isqueeze and the pple there said it is not recommended for use by preggies

I dont suffer from constipation.. but am feeling extremely hot again nowadays.. have to shower at least twice at night.. just doing simple chores like folding clothes will cause me to perspire like mad..

Hi Hunniepot, my mil kept asking me to lie down as much as possible but as I dun really noe the seriousness, I still played majong, walk here and there until recently I got to know the real reason is that if we dun lie down as much as possible, the womb will not get back to the same position, will cause much prob as urinary prob when we get old, so this time round, I'll be bed-ridden since there won't be a third preg for me to recuperate..kekeke...

Hi all
happy.gif

Re: Leg Massage
We can go for leg massage. I've checked with my gynae and have been going since 3 mth pregnant. However, we can't use the Osim series or any kind of electric massage device. I've tried using the Osim massage machine (the series before Isqueeze) and immediately can feel my lower abdomen cramping.

Evon,
Don't envy me for having the energy to cook. Perhaps becoz u r working, that's y u feel more tired? Don't forget I'm a SAHMTB, dat's y I feel more energetic than u to do all the bo liao stuff
happy.gif

Preciousbabe, mayb lor.. how i wish tat we'd a smaller flat... then hb work only n i can stay home. =p

Think the ultimate is what you want one in life later. So I've to accept mine lor. =)

Do u feel tired squatting n standing not more than 30 minutes? I seem 2b having such prob.. n need to sit down often after ironing of clothes or doing some simple cleaning up of the house. (Don't feel good that got to ask hb do everything)

Juzmaine

Envy you.. as in you have 1 boy 1 girl.. can close factory liao.. hope that my next one will be a boy so I can close shop like you too
happy.gif

Evon

Yeah.. I can't stand for too long also.. squatting? Forget it.. dont think I can squat for even 5 mins! I normally iron the clothes while sitting down on a chair.. so I dont feel so tired..

Yea Hunniepot, thank God this BB is a boy I can close factory with ease tho my parents in law don't mind. to them all are destined but to me I was pressurised by my own mentality until I got the gender scan. If it's a gal will blame hubby cos his sperms call the shot..hahaha..
You still have chances of getting boy too..kekeke..I've read about Shettle's (if I get the speling rite) method but hvn't gt chance to follow, i'm "accidentally" pregnant ;p

Yea Evon, I wish I can be a SAHMTB too, esp now, it's so tiring to wake up early and drag myself home in the evening. If not for the flat, the loan interest that's enough to buy another flat....sometimes, wonder how to save up once married, we have so many financial commitments..
Cld've spend quantity & quality time with our own kids yeah? Heard the first few years are impt to a kid so it'll be best if mother can grow with them at this stage, but guess dat's why my gal is so clingy to my mil, she always look for her be it happy or sad....
368658.gif

hunniepot,
this is the chest of drawer we bought (ours is in white). price at $99
http://www.ikea.com.sg/products/product_display.asp?id=589

Abt during confinement, sure got chance to go out one... like go for checkup or bring bb for checkup.. unless your mom or mil dun let you go out at all and they bring the bb for checkup for you. for me, i feel more secure tat i go along with the bb. I want to know everything.. hehehe...
I also went out with dh to buy some of the stuffs we missed out the next day i got discharge for my first born.

Evon, I'm not sure leh.. but during the scan, the head is already down.
I got touch by my colleagues (female of cos) and some of my mom's frens...

Irene

Thanks for the link
happy.gif
The drawers look really nice.. think I will need to get a set of drawers to put my bb things..

Thanks gals.. on the info on confinement.. cos dont feel good asking my mum to do all the housework for me during confinement.. would like to help out whenever possible..

Just had a chat with the ice kacang lady at the nearby hawker centre.. she said her 3 babies didnt get engaged.. so all got to go for c-section.. hopefully my bb will allow me to deliver her naturally..

Juzmaine

Your MIL helps you look after your gal in the daytime? Do you bring her to your MIL's house everyday?

I already told my hb that the max I will go for is 3 kids.. if second one is boy.. I will close shop.. I will still close shop if I have 3 girls.. just want to have a mix of both genders.. think that will be ideal.. I also told him that if we ended up with no boys.. it will be due to his genes as he is the only son with 5 sisters.. that got him quite worried and he started counting the no of boys and girls that his cousins; uncles and grandparents have haha

Juzmaine,
Thks for ur compliments!
blush.gif
Hopefully my tummy will remain XX (sensitive words 2 use) free!
wink.gif
Tink my stretchmarks cream is doing a proper job.

Evon,
I m here lar, hanging ard like an invisible man reading ur postings quietly. So gd 2 c u all receiving ur bumpermats. I still hv 2 wait till tis Sat. Saw u in d ON spree thread. I oso tempted to join but tink not much chance lor since so many ppl oredi reserving slots.

Re constipation
Muz drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day hor.

Re Our fotos album
My hubby commented I so KS, uploaded so many fotos whereas d rest oni 1 or 2 nia.
kao_embarrassed.gif

Hunniepot, let me noe if it's too many coz i oni got to view d album after sending them to u.

Terrier, i tink ur baby foto is a 4D one rite? Much more clearer than mine. Izit included in ur package? Too bad, my gynae oni has a 3D scan machine but luckily is FOC.

Hunniepot,
Me & hubby have been putting up at in- laws place since my gal was born till now. Rented out our flat, initially planned to move in by end last year but this BB can't wait to be on his way so we're renting for another yr. My mil does all the house chores, me tried to help but think nothing much to help oso cos she's a full time housewife + my fil is a retiree, so my gal is like their source of joy :D
Eh-eh, same here, before we knew the gender of tis BB, I'm worried cos he has alot of female cousins at my mil's side and his cousins children consist of more gals than boys. My fil's side only has a sister, so her granschildren 1 boy 1 gal.

bblim

The more fotos the merrier mah
happy.gif
so no worries.. just send me whatever you want me to upload!

Re:stretchmark cream

What brand of stretchmark cream are you using? How many times do you apply a day? My SMs are getting from bad to worse.. even my hb (who initially said that it is ok as he didn't want me to get too upset by it) now mentioned that it is really very bad.. getting longer and redder and seems to multiply as my tummy gets bigger!
sad.gif
I am using Avent indulgence cream but guess Im too lazy to apply diligently everyday.. thats why it doesn't seem to work?

Hi Hunniepot, how many weeks are you in now? My SM developed at the last trimester for my 1st preg, very scary, like watermelon stripes (reddish in color), dunno issit bcos I wore g-string throughout so no support or issit bcos 1st time forcing skin to expand...after delivery will look less prominent, but mine is of darker brown, dat's Y it's more obvious than C-sect scar

hi all,

Now me back to work liao....so sian.... Rest about 1 week++ liao, become lazy pig....

Re : baby move
Yeah,...baby move alot now, and she like to sit one side, and tummy become harder....and i always massage her, ask her to go to center. Really funny when she sitting aside...
happy.gif

Re: Yahoo photo...
Very envy you all can veiw those photo, and i dont know wat to upload le...
Hunniepot & all: if you all dont mind, can send me the link...and i know what photo to upload la... (if you all dont mind...my add: [email protected])...

hi all,

Now me back to work liao....so sian.... Rest about 1 week++ liao, become lazy pig....

Re : baby move
Yeah,...baby move alot now, and she like to sit one side, and tummy become harder....and i always massage her, ask her to go to center. Really funny when she sitting aside...
happy.gif

Re: Yahoo photo...
Very envy you all can veiw those photo, and i dont know wat to upload le...
Hunniepot & all: if you all dont mind, can send me the link...and i know what photo to upload la... (if you all dont mind...my add: [email protected])...

Hi Juzmaine

I'm in my 32nd week already.. it started about more than a month ago.. and my gynae told me ti will only get worse as my tummy gets bigger
sad.gif
Do you have SMs for this pregnancy? I think it is cos of the expansion of the skin thats why stretchmarks appear.. now it is of dark brown colour? Though it will fade to a faint silverish white???

Hi babe

You can email your pictures to me at [email protected] .. will upload it for you then send you the link via email
happy.gif

hunniepot,
u r not the only one with SM problems...I have it also...and my hb says it's very serious. Will take a picture later and show u

hunniepot,
I m using Mustela Stretchmarks Double Action cream n apply once daily after bath. Aiya, dun b affected by it coz heard frm many dat it's beyond our ctrl whether we get SM anot. For some, they apply cream n still got it in d end. I tink it depends on d elasticity of our tummy & how much it is being stretched. All we can do is to apply d cream faithfully & hope for d best lor. Anyway, if really got, tink nowadays can go for some laser treatment to get rid of it.

Juzmaine,
Ya lor, dats wat I m worry abt oso. Who noes it may decide to appear oni in d last trimester. So I better dun say too fast dun hv.

Hi Hunniepot, so far touchwood..hehehe, hvnt maybe cos once expanded, unless it expands beyond the last expansion, but has unsightly dark pigmentation leh...Yup, the 1st preg marks are of darker brown, I realise pple who are tanned wlll hv light-colored marks, like my Malay colleagues, if we are fair, the marks are quite obvious. I oso wish it'll turn lighter than my skin color, but didn't, tink cos when stretched, it was oredi reddish loh...very "charm", gotta live with dat forhe rest of my life..sob..

Are you gals still taking tonics? Besides birdnest, anyfoolproof recipes..kekeke...I dunno wat else is gd for BB as I've not been eating home-cooked food cos festive season, always dine out, dunno BB gets anything nutritious or not....

preciousbabe

Sent the pictures to you liao.. hope you wont get disgusted by it!

Mrs Ho

No problem.. just send me whatever fotos you want the rest of us to view
happy.gif

Juzmaine

The problem is I have very fair skin.. maybe thats why it is so obvious
sad.gif
guess over time it will fade to a lighter colour.. my mumhad alot last time too.. but over the many years it then became silverish white..

wow, hope mine will be lighter too fter this delivery. If like wat BBlim mentioned, can laser, I will try ;p

Juzmaine,
Think now, we can't take those heavy duty tonics liao as will make the bb very big. But since u r going for C-sect, must as well have a bigger bb. heehee...u can go to medical halls to ask wat kind of tonics to take. They will be very glad to help u out on that coz u will surely buy from them
happy.gif

preciousbabe

Hmm.. I used the same email address as the one which I send the Yahoo! fotos to.. perhaps wait for awhile more?

Juzmaine

I am now taking organic pumpkin seeds, sardines, leafy vegetables, pure chicken essense (my gynae once said that it is scientifically proven to be good for bb; but dont take those with herbs can liao)

hahaha, gd excuse to eat for C-sect yea Preciousbabe..kekeke..if tonics' gonna make BB bigger than I can't take liao cos last visit gynae asked me to try reduce weight as BB & I are overweight..
kekeke...not gd for me cos I'm short so get breathless easily loh... :D
I realise lotsa BB's are around 2-2.6kg when delivered, my1st BB was 3kg at 37th week, & was told this BB is gonna be bigger, wah, how to tahan...hope he's healthy but not too big..mummy cannot take it...

oh, thnx hunniepot, okie sardine my favourite, tink I'll hv to try cooking again esp for weekends, if not dining out is so unhealthy...

Sorry, ladies.. I was so pissed off with my colleague just now that I almost cried.

Don't know what is wrong with him nowadays. Didn't noe that he got PMS too!!! That guy is very sensitive one lor. PPls just make some funny comments not meant to him; he would take it very personally.

Just now, he think I very show-off or wanting 2b indian chief... but i m not.. i just tend to preamp things that would happen b4 others will... n guess what boss like to find me to ask me to consolidate things n so what i can do?? Cannot dahan him. Then my boss last Sat was just merely joking if he got bullied the new guy colleague n he was still unhappy abt it till now!

Then, is like his mouse kept giving him problem... n he just kept banging it n hitting it... btw his desk is behind my desk.

This is not the first time he showed me face like tix leh... the last time he just yelled at me 4 no reason n then later when i clarified "calmly", he said i showed him black face???? which i didn't.

So maron!

BBlim
Yah, think my gynae uses 4D scan, b'coz he even captured the animated part on bb moving and burn into CD for me...heehee...there's one very cute clip of him yawning after gynae wake him up...
happy.gif

My package only includes 1 such scan only loh...if not, pay extra $300 can have unlimited scans....

Re: SM & rashes
I oso got SM below my tummy, can only c using mirror... Worse, I even ganna rashes on tummy on some days...
sad.gif
Nowadays, I more hardworking and apply more oil on tummy.

Hi Evon,
is your colleague married? Is he old? mmm..hyper-sensitive & guys with low EQ are hard to deal with. Ignore him I guess is the best solution, since you've taken initiative to talk things out with him the last time round and he's still dat sensitive, guess you leave him alone, the more you talk to him the more he'll tink he's right and most importantly dun get your cells killed bcos of him, not worth it, & BB will feel your mood. Treat him as transparent..think of how happy you're gonna be in a few hrs time after working hrs (where he'll be outta your sight), the dinner you're looking forward too etc...
368890.gif

Back