(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

hi Jappooh
I feel that you are really a great DIL and granddaughter. Not many can stay with PIL and I am guilty of that. I still prefer to have a home of my own.

Hi mashy
I remembered you were the one who went on free & easy tour to Japan at a very budget cost right? I am planning to go next year... can share with me the itinerary and places to visit plus costs?
happy.gif

Hi,
Sorry to disturb.
Anyone uses Bliss confinement agency before? Any feedback? Appreciate with sharing ur experience with me. Pls PM me. Thanks!

formal bah.. my mama where got wan "kao xiao" one haha i say engage my hb's fren who is a professional wedding photographer to take for us and we do outdoor type... she insisted studio formal one... haiz

hihi,
keke, SAHM or FTWM, salute to all mummies who want the best for their kids.
my boys a bit of dun want to go to school now, been a bit sticky. hope will get better, as they dun really express themselves well. but they look very happy in sch, that day i sneak in to peep at them before bringing them home.

bulma,
not sure, but rem took some photos at city area by foto photo or something not bad. but we did not sign up the package because a bit exp and is can take photo every year one. keke.

have not plan my holidays yet, maybe when my maid goes back for holiday, we go to her place for holiday as well... haha..

Bulma
Can try Foto-U bah, but they changed their packages a few mths ago, so dunno if still as worth it.

i find the problem with those formal ones (like for wedding, graduation, etc) always eat our soft copies and negatives, and charge sky high for portraits. We went to Gloria Studio at Boat Quay area and cannot even get soft copy of the portrait we chose. Sian. Worse than wedding studio. But boh bian, only this studio carry our uni robe. Hehe, hb and i took our grad photos so many years late...got #1 and #2 inside too
happy.gif

Summer,
no lar.. My MIL is good also lar.. I always tell myself hubby we can choose but his parents i cant choose. So i have to accept it. Currently my PIL and SIL stay with us. So my hse very crowded. Have 5adults and 1 kid now.. Hee..

hi mummies,
can ask where you all buy the bags for your kid to use? that day saw the thomas train bag which my boys love, almost $30 for 1 bag. I almost faint.
now they dun have a bag to go CC, i packed their things in diaper bag, hoping to buy a bag that they can use.

ah may, normal neighbourhood shops sell quite cheap lei. i think i ever bought one 12 only
if not u can go bata. under $20 can?
i wanna get the blue and pink one for my kids when my ger go cc. hee.

hi ah may,
i no buy those cartoon cartoon bag for jh to bring to cc leh. i buy sportbag type. offer in kiddy palace only $9.10 for 1 bag (brand: one polar). cheap and i feel the strap better than those cartoon type bag and also the material is light and as jh like to carry on her own.

May,
I bought a trolley bag for my gal to use when she was about 3yo 'cos i wan her to be responsible for her own bag when i walk her home sometimes. Even if I drive her home she will still be responsible of bringing her bag fm car park to home. Dun wan her to have the habit of us carrying everything for her.

FK will have 1 to use next yr when he goes full day care in cc.

may

i got my kiddy bags at Taka sales. They usually will carry them during the toy fair, baby fair etc. Got the Lilo and Stitch bag for $8. Cheap and nice. Got another Peter Pan Tinkerbell bag accidentally. (wanted the Buzz lightyear one actually). Also for $8. All these material good and with padded shoulder straps. They also come with a crappy water bottle which i didn't use. I think they've such sales quite frequently. Maybe abt every 3mths coz i remember getting the Tinklebell this yr, then got the Lilo & Stitch bag after that in another fair. So should be abt 3mths apart.

Kiddy palace & Popular bookshop sells bags too. If you want variety can check out Tangs (Orchard). There's so many different varieties. If you're looking at low cost, can go pasar malam. They also sell cartoon character bags. I think Bob the Builder is the most common ard.

Hehe, at one time, i was hunting high and low for bags that every kiddy shop i'll go in and check it out.

Violet
hehe, I gave my boy the normal bag and still expected him to carry it himself. :p He'll usually carry his own bag. Now whenever he wants me to carry his bag, I make him say 'mommy, pls help me' and 'thank you'.

mashy,
now fk carries his own small bag daily 'cos it's quite light since he oni going for 3hrs.
For full day cc they provides 2 baths so need to bring extra sets of clothings and towel is wet after the evening bath. I find it's a bit too heavy for a 3yo to carry everything on the shoulder so i got the trolley bag
happy.gif

Think the taka baby sales jus ended a couple of wks ago. Happened to pass by and they were tearing down the sign boards.

Violet

Yah, i know it's over already. Will have to wait for the next one if can wait. If not, maybe another expo sale?

Don't they have a pigeon hole for each kid? Last time my boy's ifc has a pigeon hole for extra clothes, diapers & towel which we top up every week or as and when needed. However, trolley bag is a good idea if have to carry so many things.

wendy,
$12 ok ba. but that day I went pasir ris area HDB shoe shop, the bag also $25... maybe I go to the wrong place.

smiley,
good choice, I will go and check out at kiddy palace.

Voilet,
ya, want my boys to be responsible for their things, hubby even ask me to pack their bag with them! haha. but trolley bag expensive right? can last? worried the bag only last 3 months, hubby sure scold.
true, trolley better if not the things so heavy..

mashy,
wow $8! only, how come I never see such deal?? went CK tang recently, thomas train bag is $25 but got 20% discount, hubby feels too exp so did not buy.
pasar malam, that one got to wait... want to go, dun have, when see pasar malam, usually i have not time to go....

may

i've been on the lookout for a bag for the longest time mah. I find Kiddy palace also not cheap, abt $16-$20. That's why end up waiting for sale. hehehe. Coz i feel not so urgent to get him a bag, if can find then good. If not, can wait. He already has a bag from his infant care but it was going to be 'holey' soon, so decided to get a new one for him.

mashy,
we have to clear the bag and whatever stuff from the pigeon hole everyday. the dirty clothes and towel must bring back to wash, so need a big enough bag...
happy.gif

may

hmm, how did i manage last time? hehehe. We only brought his daily school bag which included a towel for bathing. When we go home, just take back the dirty clothes and towel. Every week or as and when, we'll top up with fresh clothes and diapers. Other than the 1st time when we went there and when we finally left the infant care, we've never used a bag bigger than his school bag. And it's those toddler sized bag.

Your CC must be pretty strict to want you to bring there everyday.

Mashy,
the cc that fk will be going to requires new sets of clothes daily. The pigeon hole is only for the kids to store the bag during the day time.

May,
Yea, i find trolley bag is quite ex but the one my gal used lasted about 2 yrs. Hope FK is not too rough with his when he starts using it :p

mashy
ur earlier post abt SAHM and FTWM is very interesting n meaningful lor. i am always in dilemma when comes to that. haiz... dun work and be a SAHM, worried that wun be saving enuff for retirement plus what u say, have both sets of parents around, especially my hubby side. both SICK OLD CATS.1 asthma, 1 heart prob so got to save in case rainy days. i told my hubby if the 2 sick old cats really fall sick, must force them to sell their terace b4 we come out with money to help. cant always let my bro in law and wife living in luxury while we finance their medical since they have more than 1 mil in that house. previously, my FIL went for heart by pass, hubby passed MIL his saving book. she emptied all yet bro in law never give a single cent!
on the other hand, if i am a FTWM. i wun be able to spend enough time with my 2 kiddos.
really hope my in laws can really think when shit hit the fence lor. must be realistic to sell their house and put their money in good use. i told PIL we wun have money cos i have 2 kids to feed. moreover hubby stroke b4. hope he catch my hint!

ah may
the cc that Jarren goes also requires new sets of clothes, diapers, milk power daily. Their pigeon hole, like FK's, also only for the kids to store the bag during day time.

so his bag also is i carry one. the one cost abt $30 too. bought online :p

Bulma
Hehe, I put all yj's stuff in a diaper bag and I carry. I let her carry a mini bag at her own to school. Normally she will stuff 1 or 2 books inside her own bag. Her bag is my hb bot from USA factory outlet, think abt USD 2 or 5 nia

bulma, bc, violet and all mummies who send their kids to CC,have any problems so far?

My boys have been crying for a few nights and we sort of solve the mystery last night. they are hungry!
morning, they wake up have 260ml of milk + 1 or 2 piece of bread.
go school eat breakfast. ( think is some bread or cereal)
lunch, they ask for 2 servings so far.
3pm, afternoon snack when they wake up from nap.
5pm, they will snack on biscuit I pack for them, intend to change to packet milk or cake or bread.
7.30pm, reach home dinner, is 1 big bowl of rice and veg and fish and soup
last night, give fruits, 8.30pm ask for bread when we went giant, then 10.20pm (we came back late), milk abt 260ml.
eat another hard roll, then sleep
my sam wake up at 2am and cry for milk. drank 100ml.
thinking today I better go to CC and talk to them again. how? any suggestion?

JH also got a trolley bag but i no let her bring to cc as she like to carry the bag on her back le. its so so heavy and trolley bag is even worse. the wheel all these add up the weight. initially use normal diaper bag which carry on 1 shoulder but teacher tell me jh like to hang the diaper bag on her neck n carry ard cc. OMG.... so i got her a backpack lor.
her cc also need her to have clean sets of clothing, milk, towel daily...her bag quite heavy de so i alws offer to carry for her but sometime she refuse.

wow...may...ur kids sure can eat le. jh basically v small eater. oni drink 240ml milk then off to cc already. what and how much bf she took there i dun even know but i know its v little she ate or sometime if its cereal she dun even eat. so she got to wait till 1130am for lunch n she ate 1 serving at most. wont ask for more. t-break also dun eat much...hahaha....small small eater.after dinner and b4 sleep will take some milk and no prob mid of nite. she wont be hungry.

violet/may/bulma/smiley

oic. Maybe coz C was in IFC, so no need to bring daily and if older then need to bring daily.

koli
If I'm your ILs, I also won't sell the terrace house. hehee, what if later sell the hse, then u kick me out, no more roof over my head? Hahahah. You've to let them see that it won't happen before they will sell their terrace lah.

Smiley,
YJ abt the same as JH's pattern leh...
Drink 240ml milk b4 go CC, then take breakfast there. But sometimes lunch, she ask for 2nd serving. T-break she will eat also.

Last time, we used to pack biscuit for her to snack at 5pm, now we dun, wan her to be hungry enough to eat dinner hehe...

7pm, yj has her dinner, after that maybe 9.30pm drink 240ml n tat's it. Can last her till 7am liao

So far, I see Yj's CC alws got the same K1/2 girl help her to carry her diaper bag in loh... i heard from her teacher, during bath time yj will go ask the same jiejie to carry for her to bathroom. Evening the elder class one will volunteer to carry her diaper bag out... sometimes, she will drag it out haha!

siewlng

That's very good leh. Like that, the older kids will learn to help take care of the younger ones. Next time when YJ is older, should also encourage her to help the younger ones like this jiejie.

Mashy
I think they r 'trained' in CC de... every older kid take care of 1 younger kid. 1:1 assignment haha!

n they r taught to take care of their own toys... yj's CC got trays of small toys... so whenever they play with 1, they got to put tat tray back to original shelf. And no snatching of trays, unless the 'owner' invite her friend to join her.

May
Jarren will drink less than 200ml milk then off to cc... i will pack few small biscuits or 1/4 waffle in a small container put in his bag in case he see his classmates eat, he also wanna munch. otherwise, he will tk his breakfast at 8.30am

then 11am lunch (heard fr teacher sometime he ask for 2 servings) + fruit

then 12+pm milk

3pm tea break

4.30pm supposed to be milk time but sometime he drink sometime he dont want

6.30pm is his dinner time

8pm is his last milk feed (abt 200ml)

then no food/milk til nx morn

siewlng, jarren also got 1 jie jie sometime help him haha some time when i go fetch him, he will b sitting nx to the jie jie... cos this malay jie jie every morn will arrive almost same time as him (7am) and leave later or almost same time as him so mayb that's why they r closer to one another.. but the jie jie nx yr gg P1 le ..mm...

Hi gals,
recently just send Elvin to cc. Today is teh start of 3rd wk there. so far this is the 3rd day he start to walk into the cc himslef without crying.

As for the rountine i think he is still not very used to it lar. Cos he go afternoon half day when he reach school is nap time for his class. So he will play toys and be with his teacher. As for food intake his milk intake is terrible only 120ml the most each time. Sometime cant finish also. but solid he eat alot.

When he is ok then might convert him to full day cc next mth or nov. Let he slowly adjust to the cc environment.

talk to my colleagues last friday, they also think my boys are big eaters.. sob... they advise, like that cannot go CC liao, cause no one will feed my boys like this...

ray is sick over the weekend, so now I also on MC to look after him today. think he kenna flu from the CC. sore throat the last few days, no voice on sat and sun, fever till 40 degrees C, today, scream and sing at home, I a bit cannot take it....
poor sam went to sch today alone without ray, he cried and refuse to go in, according to hubby.
have to see how.

Ah may,
my boy i also vry worry abt his intake when he in cc. Now still ok cos he took lunch at hm and only go cc after lunch. Now only take snack there. Once he on full day he have to take lunch there dunno he take the food anot.. Sigh.. Everyday my boy like to play there and seldom eat much one. Worry he get thin loh.

My boy also like have abit of flu over the weekend but now ok liao.

Hope ray get well soon. Maybe cos sam and ray are always together now without ray ard he is unuse to it.

Maybe u highlight to the teachers see wat the teachers say.

Elvin came hm and "complaint" to us that he dun wan to drink his milk cos the teacher forget to give him handki. He cry when tell us like so poor thing lei.. My boy also lar very particular one..

re: in laws terrace house
no leh not cos got "feeling with the house but cos my bro in law still staying with them. mashy, when they sell, they wun be staying with me lah, they will buy their own plc to stay. my hubby suggest that they get their own plc so sis in law also can have the privacy she always wanted. my hubby aslo see things the way i am seeing. they need my in laws to take care of the dog that is y they is still staying with them. if not they wun go overseas already.

Hi Ladies,

been a while since I last logged in. Just to inform all of you that our 2nd bundle of joy, Sebastian arrived on 3rd Sept and he is currently 2 weeks old. So far my elder one dotes on him a lot and wants to sayang and kiss him very often. Hope that continues. Meanwhile take care.

Hi JSim,

congrat to u!! I am waiting for my baby to arrive in Dec. Hope that my elder one will dote on his younger brother.
happy.gif

hi Jappooh,

thanks alot. You will be enjoying every moment of it when your bundle of joy arrives. I am sure your elder one will dote on him. I was very worried too before i give birth but looking at my girl now, I am just happy that she dotes on his so much. First thing in the morning when she wakes up, she will be looking for Baby. So cute. Meanwhile you take care.
happy.gif

Hi Gals
Long time no chat here.

JSim
Congrats on your newborn! I am looking forward to mine too, shld be sometime early Nov. Still have about 6-8 weeks more to go... Find this is the worse time of the pregnancy, ie, last trimester, last lap. Very tiring.

Jappooh
How's ur MS? Stopped oredi? U take care yah.

Mashy
Thanks for the update. Think these Chinese are so sickening.. so inhumane.

JSim
congrats
happy.gif
Miss the time when my girls were like proper babies, #2 is already mobile, cruising around, so she hardly lets us cuddle her anymore :p

sunshinekid
yeah lor towards the end of pregnancy tiring, big tummy and playing the waiting game hor..hang in there...keep us informed of ur delivery hor!!

Claire
yeah lor Evan also crusiing around le ...then can also stand hands free for about 20 sec or so..think walking very soon...but he still loves us to cuddle him le..haha he sai nai one :p

Mashy
Thanks for the infor...gosh so many nice food now not safe to consume...no more chocs and ice cream liaoz...

Jappooh
yeah think Elvin will know how to sayang didi when the latter is out..dun have to worry
happy.gif

yest received a sms abt m&m, snickers, mentos, dove choc, oreo wafer sticks, wall's, mini poppers ice cream, magnum, moo sandwich,min cornetto, etc etc... all say recalled due to china's milk situation... not sure how true...

LY, hang on there!!!! must inform when you popped
happy.gif

Claire
Jovan has been crusing and these 2 days can step 1 step forward when being agitated and irritated and in anger hahahhaha he cant stand handsfree for more than 5sec although he is already 14 months ... nevermind lah let him develop at his pace. PD got ask me to take note whether he point properly with his index finger or not cos till now he still cant say papa mama or anything except mk noise and scream for milk or in anger... but he can "scold" pple and express anger very well haha after he's angry, he will gv v fierce look and make sound "ah" "ah" "ah" at pple :p he's a fierce boy. my MIL commented that he's more difficult and fiercer than jarren :p

Hi Sunshinekid,

my MS is getting so much better. Just that i still
cant take much food specailly dinner time. Now at least can eat loh.. I am looking forward to Dec also.
happy.gif

mashy, the article today says "The Straits Times found on Saturday that a 7-Eleven outlet in Braddell had pulled a list of products from its shelves. The list included Snickers bars, M&Ms, Nabisco Chicken In A Biskit, Dove chocolate bars, Mentos yogurt balls, Oreo wafer sticks, and Want Want Take One Baby Bites." but AVA did not say recall ... so far, they only say recall the 3 items - WHITE Rabbit Creamy Candy,Dutch Lady strawberry-flavoured milk and Yili Choice Dairy Fruit Bar Yoghurt Flavoured Ice Confection. maybe slowly AVA now busy testing food. busy time for them...

Back