(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

bb cutie
ui be in my 38 wks during CNY hee hee :p wonder can guo nian or not..ha ha my mil bought a dog zodiac pendant for my boy and i was like what if before new year she said can change one ha ha gan chiong hor this grandmother hee hee :p

Amanda
i dun have the V pull kinda feeling but sometimes i feel V part there like a bit heavy and i think now i udnerstand probably bb head is ther so have the heavy heavy feeling....

Bulma
i hor walk from home to carpark okie when climbing the 4 flight of stiars ah every 2 flight i be breathless have to take deep breaths before i move on then hubby said wow like fat woman ah i said...oooi pregnant okie ha ha then he asked me to wait at ground level for him yet i dun want to deny myself of the only exercise u know...

babycutie: hmm hope its the nerve..
happy.gif

hehe CNY i kana 38weeks liao leh..got to be on standby... hehe tat's y i dun intend to go out.. hehe sikali my girl girl KC wan to come out take ang pao.. hehe :p

etelle: i also have the heavy heavy like tat leh.. its like the V area tat feelin a bit open like tat rite..

Amanda
open ah...Hmmm i also don't know leh but yah i think so a bit like open but i got check no leh ha ha not "dilated" yet ha ha still the same..ha ha anyway i also dun know dilation means wat? ha ha how does it feel like hee hee :p me also leh dun intend to go CNY bai nian scared wait bb come out earlir hee hee

etelle: cause sometimes i feel a bit open like tat leh.. i din check la.. hehe but feel.. hehe
i only goin to my dad's place which is 3 bus stop away from my house.. hehe then 2nd day to my aunt's place which is very near my house also.. hehe... and i make sure my brother will be there so if anything he can drive us back to get the labour bag and rush to hospital.. hehe

Symptoms of dilation varies. Some ppl exp contraction pain like menses cramp during dilation while others don't.

For me, I don't have any feeling. When I reach hospital after my waterbag breaks, I am already 4 cm dilated but I do not have any contraction pain at all....

I will be on standby mode also. Will still go CNY visiting if everything is fine. 1st day gg to my granny place. 2nd day gg to my hb aunt place.... that's all.... Go there get ang pao....kekekeke

bb cutie
u bought new clothes should go show off ha ha :p for us we not wearing new clothes all still wear existing ones hee hee :p so go nearby ka ki lang house hee hee :p

Hi ladies,

so long nvr chat here & msn...hv been very busy transiting my work to my colleague who is covering me during my ML..

Went to gynae appt last evening, my gal was very actively kicking and boxing...can oso see her side view...she got a pretty sharp nose. Now weighing 1.73kg @ 31wks 6days. Gynae said to stdby ard CNY period...getting very excited now...
So far, I hv gained 12.2kg.

<font color="ff0000">Morning all!!</font>

Wow.. only yesterday I didnt log in and there are so many postings.. Was on leave.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Regarding bb wt at 30th wk</font>

Thanks for all the feedback. Okay, at least I know my girl not so light. Heheheh.. Cos last Friday went for checkup and gynae told me she is about 1.5-1.6kg. Then he said baby average, wont be very big at full term. I was abit disappointed cos I was hoping she is about 3kg at birth. And all along, baby was thought to be smaller lor.

<font color="0000ff">CNY</font>

I am still thinkg if I wanna go visiting. Very sian one leh, having to visit so many houses in 1 day. Usually we will visit about 5 households.. gosh. I cannot imagine lugging my elephant body anywhere.
happy.gif

Sunshinekid,
Wow! 5 household in one day? That's a lot woh.....
Luckily I have only 1 household each day......
Because all our relatives will gather at that place so no point gg around...

I will be seeing my gynae this Thurs at wk 31. Will keep u update on the visiting.

Sunshinekid

I will need to visit 4 households in 1 day.
sad.gif
But doubt I will be going, coz if I haven't given birth yet, it will be very near already. Rather stay at home than go out.

My only worry is my MIL who wanted my hb to go visiting whether I'm doing confinement then or not. But my hb already said no way he'll leave me alone at home.
happy.gif
So happy. Next thing will be to say 'No' to her when she asks again.

Mashy
no hubby would leave their wife alone at this crucial time one lah...hee hee ur hubby also only son ah? have daughter or not?? maybe they need someone to bring them around if not travel by public transport veyr troublesome....

Sunshinekid
5 household alot leh...like bbcutie mine is all go one housecuz everyone gathered there liaoz so dun ahve to run everywhere
happy.gif

Jasjas
same same lah me also leh ha ha edd is 11 feb then CNY i also about 38 wks liaoz ha ha on stand by ha ha
happy.gif
I am also very excited leh ha ha :p

well this whole week i be on duty cuz there seems to be Chicken pox virus around my workplace...and listening to my huby and those close ones they ask me better to avoid that area...just in case so took leave to stay home lor....maybe the SAHM cna teach me what should i do when i home to occupy my time
happy.gif

Etellle

You'll be surprised. There are hbs who do just that. They have a daughter. Anyway, they drive and so does their daughter. So no need for transport at all. It's just my MIL wanting to do things her way.

She's a bit siao. That day my SIL's friend wanted to give away her cot and I was lamenting how come didn't offer earlier, then no need to buy. She's also lamenting, said if earlier than no need the playpen (they bought one to keep at their house) and even suggested keeping the cot and giving the playpen to my friend whom we already offered the cot to. As if my boy is going to stay at her place for a long time. She already told us flatly b4 that she'll not help us take care of my boy. So it's just going to be a few hrs once a week. Why need a cot then?

Morning Ladies
Woke up this morning and worst, my hubby was late due 2 me..
We are so in deep zzz after we busy talking abt baby last night.
Mashy,
U have a" interesting" MIL.
Well, we don't understand wat's on their minds sometimes.
Etelle,
wat would U like to do at home?
hehe , clearing up and prepare for new year,
bake cookies, washing and etc etc

Etelle

Well, u can do the following things:

Wash all baby stuff
Clean the house
Make Christmas Gifts/ Write Christmas Cards
Read (can start reading on childcare/raising a child/disciplining etc)
Pack your Delivery Bag

Mashy/ Oscar
Thanks....i have one whole week at my disposal hee hee :p force to take leave ha ha actually wanted to save for bb injection and all but then now they said the vaccine is 5 in 1 so not to worry right so instead of 5 different scheduled appointment we just go one time cna liaoz....hee hee

Thanks for the tips i will do just that
happy.gif

Mashy
thankfully my mil very understanding one. She will always ask my hubby to keep me company and if my hubby needs to attend function ro what he will also aks how come never bring me there..whether i am pregnant or not she also like that always considerate for my feelings one...even when i walked down or climb up stairs she will ask my hubby to hold me or make sure i hold on to the rail to prevent falling....so thankful for her....

mashy
yeah lor she is a very nice MIL that God has given me...she sayang me like her own daughter or if not better leh...she tell my hubby that nu ren is the most ke lian one cuz have to have child bearing pain so must sayang me more....so touching hor hee hee :p

<center><font size="+2">February 2006 Babies!!!</font></center>

<center><table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2"><center>S/N</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Mummy's Name</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Mummy's Age</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>EDD</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>BB Gender</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Weeks Left!!!</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Hospital</center></font></TD><TD><font size="-2"><center>Gynae</center></font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Ah ger</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>6.1 </TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Bulma</TD><TD><center>30</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>6.1 </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr John Yam </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Ivory</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>6.1 </TD><TD>GHL</TD><TD>Dr KW Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>mashy brainz</TD><TD><center>32</center></TD><TD>1-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>6.1 </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>gingerale</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>6.3 </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Venus Teoh</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>2-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>6.3 </TD><TD>GHL</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>smiley</TD><TD><center>29</center></TD><TD>3-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>6.4 </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Lin Han </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Jappooh</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>5-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>6.7 </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr John Tee </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Ling79</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>5-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>6.7 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr YC Goh </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>vonvon78</TD><TD><center>27</center></TD><TD>7-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>7.0 </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>I have a bb ger</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>8-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>7.1 </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>steph</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>9-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>7.3 </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>oscar</TD><TD><center>29</center></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>7.4 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>siewlng</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>10-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>7.4 </TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Etelle</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>11-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>7.6 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>MTAN</TD><TD><center>31</center></TD><TD>11-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>7.6 </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>et</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>12-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>7.7 </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Tony Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Jasjas</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>14-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>8.0 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Grace Goh</TD><TD><center>26</center></TD><TD>15-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>8.1 </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Bamwicca</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>8.3 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Sunshinekid</TD><TD><center>32</center></TD><TD>16-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>8.3 </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>fan</TD><TD><center>27</center></TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>8.4 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Christohper Chong </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>jasminesym</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>17-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>8.4 </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr SC Chew </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD><center>25</center></TD><TD>18-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>8.6 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Adrain </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Ah_may</TD><TD><center>30</center></TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boys</font></center></TD><TD>5.0 </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font size="-1">Dr Benjamin Tham / Dr Tony Tan</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Penny</TD><TD><center>28</center></TD><TD>21-Feb-06</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>9.0 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>feza</TD><TD><center>24</center></TD><TD>22-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>9.1 </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>babycutie</TD><TD><center>33</center></TD><TD>23-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="0000ff">boy</font></center></TD><TD>9.3 </TD><TD>TMC / Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD><center>25</center></TD><TD>24-Feb-06</TD><TD><center><font color="ff0000">girl</font></center></TD><TD>9.4 </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Chen Lin Han </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>niko76</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>24-Feb-06</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>9.4 </TD><TD>GHL</TD><TD>Dr Mary Yang </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>hipee</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>28-Feb-06</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font></TD><TD>10.0 </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ffffff">-</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table></center>

Etelle,
The 5 in 1 vaccine doesn't mean u took the jab 1 time only leh....

My girl also taking 5 in 1...... I have listed donw all her jabs at my previous posting woh.... U can search the archive.....

Re : CNY visiting
i not gg for CNY visiting.... shd "shen liao" by then lah i thk hehe

my hb also wont go visiting lor since i didnt go hehe

thanks, ivory, for the updates

hi bbcutie
oh yah i have read ur previous postings about the interval between each injection still alot of times...ha ha i thought 5-in-1 means one shot liaoz hee hee :p

BUlma
i think u should be doing confinement liaoz...hee hee
happy.gif

Hi gals

Have been coughing since last week and alot of phlegm. Anyone can give advice what to take except medication? Have tried taking chuan bei pi pa gao already.

So unlucky last few wks was having headache and now coughing. How I wish I have given birth already or I could have see Chinese sinseh which I usually do.

Hi Ladies

May I join this thread ? I have been active in the other thread of "mummy of babies from 1-6 months" since 2003 even till now when my gal is already 2 years plus. I am expecting my second baby gal, due Feb 17.

So far, I have gained close to 5 KG, baby's weight at 30+ weeks is 1.6 - 1.8 KG. I used to gain much more than current when I was expecting my first daughter, close to 16 Kg on the day of delivery.

Hi Mtan

Have you seen a GP yet ? Some cough medicine are safe to be taken during pregnancy. i tried not taking the medication given, and it took me almost 4 weeks for the cough and phlegm to subside.

Hi,

if you are delivering at TMC, please do not use Dr Ang PL as the PD .. I had bad experience with Dr Ang PL , and he gave me a refund on the jab package we took for my first daughter.

Lenny,

Welcome... wah u only gain 5kg so far? That's very little woh.... Did yr wt goes back to normal after 1st birth?

MTAN,
U can see Chinese sinseh leh.... He/she should be able to prescribe something mild for u. Other than chuan bei pi pa gao, there is nothing we can take liao....

Avoid chicken that promotes phlegm, don't take cold stuff.....

Hi Babycutie

Yes, I lost almost all my weight gain by the end of second month. I guess I gained more in the first pregnancy because there were less to do in the sense that all I do was eat and sleep and rest whenever I like to , whereas for the current pregnancy, I am more disciplined not to binge as and when I like, plus I spent time looking after my gal after work and used up all the extra energy I had. My gal was 3.7 Kg at birth.

Etelle

Lucky u! My MIL had 2 insignificant pregnancies, no prob, no MS, not much bb movement, no pain, no tiredness so couldn't understand what I'm going thru'. She even said she finds it amusing that I'm having so much trouble.

Lenny
Welcome! Wah! HOw did u manage to gain just 5kg? That's the amt I gained in 1st trimester alone!

Lenny,
Wah.... Yr girl very big woh...... Did u go thru normal delivery? Using any epidural? U carry till full term? How many hours of labour u suffer?

I carry my girl for 36wks and 4 days and she was 2.7kg at birth. I go thru normal delivery without epidural. My labour was 3.5hrs.

Mashy,
Well every pregnancy is different. Yr MIL is very lucky that both her pregnancies are a breeze... Hence she could not understand what u r gg thru.... Let her be amused lor.....

I have a colleague who was hospitalise for 1 mth as she was having very bad MS during her 1st trimester.... She simply can't get out of bed....

Hi Mashybrainz

I guess not binging as and when I like does help in "controlling" the weight gain to a certain extent. I read that preggies need about extra 300 calories per day i.e. total of 1500 calories. Also, kept myself busy especially spending time with my gal. I ate the normal 3 meals, alot of fish, but I ate alot of potato chips too ! In between, I do snack on chips or fruits or bread.

Hi babycutie,

I went through normal delivery with epidural and epsiotomy, and delivered one day prior to due date. I felt no labour pain at all , perhaps due to early administering of the epidural, after which I rested on the hospital bed chatting with hubby and half-asleep.

Hi gals,

went for my checkup yesterday. Baby was estimated to be ard 2.4kg in wks33. So far i gain a total of 12kg. Must control liao 1 mth alone i gain 3.5kg. So scary.

I will be in my wks 39 during CNY hope i can tahan until due. I hope to carry my boi to full term. I told my hubby that if CNY day havent give birth i will still wan to go visiting. ANyway we just go 2 places every year to my granny hse and his granny hse on the first day that all. We can reach hm ard 2pm so still can rest. I told him that we bring the hospital along loh.

He is the one who is worry and dunno wan to let me go visiting anot.

Hi Jappooh

From the book I read, the baby is gaining an ounce per day starting 32 weeks. 1 ounce = 0.02 KG. At end of the 8th month, baby's weight should be around 5-6 pounds i.e. 2.3 - 2.7 KG.

Hi Lenny,
so i am still in the range is it? Currently i should be in my 8mths plus. From the calculation it look like my baby will only gain abt 0.4kg when i was in wks36. Then baby weight is 2.8kg.
If is like that then ok. U know when i am in my wks 29 my baby weighs 1.6kg and in 4 wks time he gian 0.8kg and now is 2.4kg lei..

I think i better to check with my gynae on the next visit regarding the baby weight.

Hi Babycutie,

8th month means 32-35 weeks.

Hi Jappooh,

at end of 35 weeks, the baby will weigh about 2.2-2.7 kg as a guideline from the book. So far, did your gynae comment on the baby's weight ?
Baby will gain weight rapidly starting from 32 weeks onwards.

Many commented that my tummy is small .. maybe i was carrying low. I wonder if the size of tummy is an indication of the size of baby ?

Hi Lenny,

my gynae didnt comments lei. Just that everyone is telling me it looks big loh. I also dunno. Worried too big difficult to give birth mah.
Gynae only mention taht now my baby head is at the bottom.

Hi Mummies
I have sent the confinement item list to you (those in the regular circulation).

Bamwicca
Yar loh, can't wait to see bb.

Lenny
Welcome to the thread. Most of us here are new mummies to be. So welcome you to share all your experiences. Me, totally blur when comes to bb. First timerlah.
happy.gif

Mummies
Have you bought your breast pump? I still toying on which one to buy, medela electric or manual? I am not sure whether should i wait till labour or buy it now.

Back