(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

Dear Mummies,
Attached is my boy's photo. 10 day old.

351240.jpg

weoseek,
I called naini and she ask me to monitor my wounds. after 2 weeks, I still feel pinching pain in my wounds so I decided to postpone it. Till now I still haven't called her yet.

Baobao,
Try to use binder. I used it the next day after my op and continue binding it till today. I try to unbind it to air my wounds for 2 days and I start to feel slight pain again. It's good to put binder on and can also slim down tummy.

taka,
Getting excited for you! Pls sms me when you give birth ok... Keep in touch!

taka, i also have it, but the amount increased, so i very scared, tat y i go to hospital, then nurse checked me, then nurse realise i 3cm open, then ask mi to admit lo...
then awhile later gynae come, drip & broke my waterbag then awhile later i give birth le...
be careful this few days....

krissie,
I think mine is 5 in 1. The 1mth hep B is $15, then at 3 mth will hv to take the package for 5 in 1, cost around $300.

But I didnt do any much survey btw 5 in 1 or 6 in 1. Just go directly to polyclinic and get the jab. Heard that its better to do at polyclinic as its cheaper and since more ppl go there, their vaccine is more "fresh" as compared to PD ones.

krissie, my dept got many units & sections...
im working @ big office mah..
tat's y..
:p
urs division? u working in police station??

Jeslyn,
The two times that i expressed the milk is an hour. Wonder is it ok to continur Expressing the milk after feeding?

Baobao,
At 1 look, i feel that your bb looks like your hb. What is his wt when born?
happy.gif

Baobao,
I wonder is it all TMC bb sleeps on their right side, cos my bb also sleeps on the right side of the glass trolley when bb is push to me.

baobao,
wow, ur bb is so cute!! so chubby!!
heard dat u take e med stop MS den breast will b smaller leh..
Ds,
ur bb features very outstanding wor.. especially e eyes..
usually hospital will let bb slp on e side first cause scared wait they vomit milk den if lie straight den they might choke

Taka,

I'm still here...not yet give birth. overdue by 1 day already. backache like nobody's business. was admitted yesterday for observation, discharge just now, and got to induce tomorrow night if still no signs.
sad.gif

Hopefully bb can cooperate and tonight or tomorrow morn can give me the signal. I also got increased discharge, but doc says it's not symptom. Have to wait lor.

gtg rest now, the backache is killing me...

baobao, DS, your babies so chubby!!!

wonder when would be my turn???? yday when in labour ward keep hearing babies crying in the delivery room one after another, thinking when would be my turn? I hope not to induce cuz may end up c-section if not successfully. pray hard that bb be good and choose to come out on his own.

DS of course not ok leh! immediately straight after feeding u go express milk, where got milk? of cos u can only get a few ML...
must be an hour / 2 hour later then try to express, sure got alot 1...

DS
I pump at 7am, 11am & 3pm per session 30mins. At nite i direct feed at 11pm & 2pm, depending on what time my bb wakes up. The first 2 wks was the worst cos' my supply up & down. Now its ok oredi. Just ren abit to let ur ms be established. What type of pump are u using?

Bao Bao
So long as BB healthy can oredi since you had tried your best.

Fairymoss
Backache can be a sign of labor, cos' I also kena and I delivered my ger.

sabre & Jeslyn

I ask doc take medicine the only side effect is feel like vomit. But if i take the medicine after meal everything is alrite. Me oredi take medicine for 3 days my breast have soften down.Feel so relieve.

Now my main concern is my bb boy.

Ds

My bb is smaller than yrs, when he born is oni 3.4kg exact. When discharge he 3.2+kg. Yups my bb oso like to slip on the rite but now come back hm he will turn to left side to slip too.

His hands and legs very very strong. Kip kicking. Wrap him cannot stay still. Seeing him so strong is oso a sign of relieve to me.

bao bao, ur bb so big, u stil say small...
alamak my bb is 3.28kg only leh..
my elder only 2.61kg when birth leh...

Hi Ladies,
I m from the Jan 06 thread. EDD 18 Jan 06. My baby Ethan decided to come out early on 20 Dec at week 36.

Need some advice from those mummies who had c-section....
Did any of u experience bruises around the groin & wound area after delivery? Do u wear the binder thru out the whole day? I was wondering my bruises were caused by the surgical binder???

Ear Thermometer
Anyone can advise me where to get cheap ear thermometer, such as Braun or Omron. Or any other good brands to recommend

Bao Bao,
Congrats to u! I think we popped 1 day apart. Me also delivered in TMC c-section. I hvnt got time to read thru the previous threads on ur encounter. Try to express out ur BM with a pump to prevent engorement. U can use cold cabbage on ur breast if u start to feel hot/hard lumps. I m using Medela mini electric. Works well (just ignore the noise). Feel free to PM me cos I still can't find much time to come in to the forum.

Hi baobao,
Great you are doing well now.
Don't be 'tai zai yi' over bm or fm so long you did your best.
happy.gif

Now you shd rest well so bb will be well taken of.
Always remember a happy mummy = a happy bb.

Ladies,

Do you use support pillow for your BBs while they are travelling in the car seat? Also, when should we stop swaddling / wrapping our babies?

Wenyl,
i didnt have any bruises leh.. n i didnt put on e binder at all.. cause try to air it..

Straycats,
my mom was sayin tat try to wrap him until he don wans.. den he wont b so rowdy in e future.. and he wont b so easy startled..

Bao Bao, Sabre
O i c, thanks!

Btw, ladies, how do you intend to bring your BB out for the 1mth? Will you carry them in the arms or place them in the sling, carrier / car seat?

Jeslyn,
Oh.. got to wait for 1 to 2 hours before pumping, ok will take note. Thanks.
Wah, you good, your mum let you go out during confinement?
happy.gif

Your 2nd child so cute, don't look like new born, looks like very big liao wor. Hee

Straycats,
Oh, so still got to monitor bb's feeding timing before pumping milk huh. Will wait and see how. I using the Avents ISIS manual pump.
I think i will carry my bb if i bringing him out, saw my SIL doing that to her daughter.

straycats,
regarding the binder, is it better to use it now than after 1mth later? Now confinemnt cannot bath, then will perspire a lot, wonder if i use the binder to wrap my tummy 1 mth later still got effect to reduce my tummy a not.

Fairymoss,
Hope you will have a smooth delivery, just relax more..

Sansforum,
Crisanta is so pretty got an "yin1 tao2 xiao2 chui3".
happy.gif

Baobao,
Oic, 3.4kg also consider big liao leh.
By the way, roughly how many cm is your c-section?

Krissie
Mrs Wong will still see you even though you're from another hospital but need to call and book appt. Anyway, she charges for the time, so no diff whether from TMC or not. Just went to join her 1st breastfeeding mother's support group christmas party on 19 Dec. Think I shocked her coz bb was only 7 days old but she taught me how to exercise and wake bb up coz he was really sleepy esp with jaundice. So quite good... get feed advice. Apparently they hold monthly meetings so maybe we can all go for the next round and also take this chance to meet the mothers from this forum. If interested, will inform the mommies of the next meeting.

Straycats
Experienced engorgement when weaning my 1st one. That was the time I experience blocked ducts and mastitis. Scary just thinking abt it but not everyone will experience it. Bfed my girl til 1 year but started weaning from TBF at abt 9-10 months.

Weoseek
Wow...Polyclinic charges really v cheap. Anyway how do you assess the jaundice level. Just tested my son's jaundice a few days back and it was at 197. Not sure where that stands and if there's any cause for concern. Plus this few mornings always raining so cannot sun him. My girl's jaundice didn't last so long so a bit concern.

Mommies
Any of your bbs turning their heads from left to right on their own and also lifting up their head when placed on tummy? Nicholas did this a few days after birth and it's shocking to my family coz they say newborns usu dun do this til they are at least past 1 month. Wondering if the new generation of bbs are stronger.

DS
You can express after feeding bb to ensure that bb has enough to drink when he latches on. But dun get discouraged when you get a low ss when you pump after feeding coz bb already drank mah. For my first bb, could only get 10-20ml when I pump after feeding. When you pump after feeding, you're trying to signal to your body to produce more milk coz there is a higher dd. But the body will need sometime to increase ss... from a few days to 2 weeks. So be patient ok?

DS
Your son is so cute... looks very alert too.
happy.gif
hope that my son will look like that too.

Bao bao
your bb so v cute leh.. looks so peaceful sleeping.

taka
u popped already.. these few days, I dun hv the symptoms leh.. so i think u'll pop before me.

weoseek
thanks. I'm also thinking of going to poly for the immunisation, coz the nurses' prick are better as compared to GPs. Not sure abt PD. hv not tried yet. But, $300 is not cheap for poly. almost the same price as the GPs, right?

Jeslyn
no lah, not working in police station.. ha ha.. it's my department. but, my dept is much smaller than yours lah.

fairymoss
I hv increased discharge for more than 2 weeks, so no longer excited to feel the discharge liao..

sansforum
wah, your bb also v cute leh.. looks a bit like DS' baby.. or is it all babies look alike.
happy.gif

sabre
ya, agree with jeslyn.. all bbs look so cute.. just feel like hugging them..

jesyln
the pics are so cute with the big santa hats for them.

straycats
I already bot an infant support pillow to be used in the car seat. This is recommmended by my gf, so I just bot it loh, coz i really hope to train bb to use the car seat. I find my hb's driving qt scary sometimes. hope that he'll drive safer when bb is out.

Absolut
thanks, pls share with us. Wld love to attend such sessions. But, of course, i.e. if i can bf successfully lah..
happy.gif
will prob look for Mrs Wong if i need help. how much does she charge?

<table><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mum/Mtb</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> Popped on</TD><TD> Hospital</TD><TD> bb gender/name</TD><TD> weight &amp; length </TD></TR><TR><TD>summer</TD><TD> 17 Dec</TD><TD> 10 Nov</TD><TD> MA</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Javier</font></TD><TD> 2.220kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>BudgetMum</TD><TD> 04 Dec</TD><TD> 17 Nov</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD>2.8kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mujmuj</TD><TD> 06 Dec</TD><TD> 18 Nov</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">girl</font></TD><TD>2.72kg 48cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>IF</TD><TD> 17 Dec</TD><TD> 19 Nov</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">girl</font></TD><TD>2.385kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>weoseek</TD><TD> 24 Dec</TD><TD> 19 Nov</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD> 2.665kg 47cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sabre</TD><TD> 09 Dec</TD><TD> 24 Nov</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Jun4 En1 Ryo</font></TD><TD> 2.66kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>meixue</TD><TD> 30 Nov</TD><TD> 25 Nov</TD><TD>MA</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">girl</font></TD><TD> 3.33kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>moonbell</TD><TD> 11 Dec</TD><TD> 28 Nov</TD><TD> MA</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Tristan</font></TD><TD> 2.5kg 48cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>LiewLianSoh</TD><TD> 10 Dec</TD><TD>29 Nov</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Fybie</font></TD><TD> 3.46kg 53cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joanna Lee</TD><TD> 11 Dec</TD><TD> 01 Dec</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">Elyse</font></TD><TD> 3.795kg 52cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>straycats</TD><TD> 12 Dec</TD><TD> 02 Dec</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">Megan / JiaYi</font></TD><TD> 3.2kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynLuvRenee</TD><TD> 07 Dec</TD><TD> 05 Dec</TD><TD>MA</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">Regine</font></TD><TD> 3.28kg 47cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Berlin</TD><TD> 14 Dec</TD><TD> 05 Dec</TD><TD>MA</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">Gezann</font></TD><TD> 3.01kg 46cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyful</TD><TD> 09 Dec</TD><TD> 06 Dec</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">Cathleen</font></TD><TD> 3.12kg 50cm </TD></TR><TR><TD>absolut</TD><TD> 24 Dec</TD><TD> 12 Dec</TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Nicholas Ewan Keng</font></TD><TD> 3.3kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>cheerful_mum</TD><TD> 26 Dec</TD><TD> 13 Dec</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD> 2.975kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sandy</TD><TD> 24 Dec</TD><TD> 14 Dec</TD><TD>MA</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Ernest</font></TD><TD> 3.22kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>DS</TD><TD> 20 Dec</TD><TD> 15 Dec </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">boy</font></TD><TD> 3.465kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sansforum/Germaine</TD><TD> 26 Dec</TD><TD> 16 Dec</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">Crisanta Tan</font></TD><TD> 3.025kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>2005(first_mum)</TD><TD> 23 Dec</TD><TD> 19 Dec</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> <font color="ff0000">girl</font></TD><TD> 3.03kg` </TD></TR><TR><TD>bao bao</TD><TD> 31 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> <font color="0000ff">Jayden</font></TD><TD> 3.4kg</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinkletotts</TD><TD> 04 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sunnyling</TD><TD> 13 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>MA</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> 2kg @34 weeks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD> 14 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>MA</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Merilyn</TD><TD> 19 Dec</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy Lim</TD><TD> 22 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD> girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fairymoss</TD><TD> 24 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>faith ho</TD><TD> 25 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YL</TD><TD> 25 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> Justin</TD><TD> 3kg@ 35weeks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Agnes</TD><TD> 25 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>poohnie</TD><TD> 29 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>violetgem</TD><TD> 29 Dec</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> 2.5kg @35 weeks </TD></TR><TR><TD>muah</TD><TD> 03 Jan</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>krissie</TD><TD> 06 Jan</TD><TD> </TD><TD>MA</TD><TD> Nicholas Lee</TD><TD> 2.75kg @36 weeks </TD></TR><TR><TD>taka</TD><TD> 08 Jan</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD> Megan Lee</TD><TD> 1.7kg @33weeks </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD> Feb 06</TD><TD> </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> boy</TD><TD> 800g @27wks </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Absolut,
Oh.. milk suppy takes time to come.. ok i will be patient maybe monitor bb's feeding time 1st. Thanks ah.

My bb also turn his head from left to right and also when i place him on my tummy.. so no worries.

Krissie,
No post from taka, maybe she pop already.
happy.gif

Dear Mummies,

I have a question to ask, for those who give birth to your bb by natural, how long does it take your wound recover? If no epitosmy (duno spelling)was carry out, just slight tear only. Thanks.

Back