(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

Can any of your kids read?? Would like to find out some tips on teaching my girl to read since that is one of the best skills to have
happy.gif
actually my girl is still not too sure on her alphabet. i've the LF word whammer at home and she likes to play with it but if i try to guide her, it's a little exasperating cos she just wants to do it her way hahaha...i think i need tons of patience

i also think LF letters dvd helps and i really like the Word World show but i think that's for older kids but at least my girl really likes that show and it shows how letters come together to form words

Hi Mummies...
Something Super Cute that might be suitable for your child.. Brand New standing whiteboard selling at $65. Tell me who wouldnt wan to learn spelling or draw with this..
kao_babydust.gif

1958250.jpg
Best as Christmas or Birthday gifts. Only 4 sets available! PM me if you are interested.. Thanks!

Hello, Mummies!

Happy Birthday to our Cutie Tuttis and hope there will not be a Horrible 3 Stage for all of us, haha, right, Lengleng!!

Hi, Jeslin!
Nice to see ya at the Dora show that day, sorry no time to talk to you! But your gals look pretty, just like ya, keke!!

happy birthday to all our dec babies...hehe no longer babies...time really flies.

Just brought rj for his 3 yrs old check up at poly today. He is officially 15.5 kg and 100 cm...wow din know he is already 100 cm...

my katek and underweight ayam is 15kg and 99.5cm.

my paed says he is not heavy enough and short for his age
sad.gif

my Dec04 is 18kg and 109.5cm, and abit too heavy

Hi fairymoss,

I have lost track of my EDD coz it kept changing. Should be 1st week of Apr09. It's a boy again kekeke n he's more active than Zach.

Today Zach's first day of school at kindergarten. Previously when he's studying at KiddyABC he loves to go school everyday. Even sat n sun he also wana go. But today, he refuse to enter the classroom n he's crying very badly. He kept saying his school uniform is not blue color its orange color (KiddyABC uniform) "Faint". But after sometime he managed to settle down n mix with other frens. Hopefully monday he'll not resist school.

Hi Mummies,

I've 4 tins of Similac Gain IQ Kid (900g) to let go @ S$23/tin. as I had bought the wrong milk formula for my son. If interested, pls PM me for details.

Regards,
Audrey

faiymoss
u can get star n heart shape egg moulds from Daiso. deshell hot hardboiled egg n put into the egg moulds, put the egg mould (with egg) into cooled water n remove the egg from the mould. U'll get a moulded hard boiled egg.

fairymoss,
realised you gonna pop soon right? Remember your edd on March, time pass so fast...R u having boy or gal? Will u be doing confinement in whampoa?

Forgot to tell u, I actually saw you back at sept 08 at Dr Ong's clinic at TMC....tat time to bring my no. 2 for check up..and i was doing confinement, dirty, ugly and fat..hehe..so didn't call u..hehe..

Want to find out if anyone is having problems with potty training. My #1 is fully able to use potty during waking time but when she's napping or sleeping at night, she have a good chance of wetting the bed. We made sure she went to the potty before nap time and bedtime and at night we even wake her up twice to go to the bathroom. Despite all that, she can still pee in bed! Want to see if anyone has that problem and if you have any suggestions. TIA
happy.gif
Oh and we try to not let her drink anything close to bedtime but sometimes she gets thirsty so not sure how long she can not drink before sleeping haha

halo all, I'm new here. Would like to find out, is there any mum whose breastmilk still leaking after 3 years? I stop breastfeeding after 8mths feeding, then take doc prescription pill to completely stop the milk production twice, but till now, sometime at night it will leak 1 or 2 drops. Can feel the milk 'flowing' inside my breast before it pop out from the nipple.

Adeline,

my 4yr old still wear pull ups. he can sleep thru a wet bed and his skin gets red from the irritation. the recommendation is no drinks 1 hr before bedtime and to go potty twice before bed to make sure bladder is empty.

my 3yr old will wake up when his pull ups are wet to ask for a change but he does not know how to wake up before he needs to pee so pull ups still required.

Hi all dec 05 mum

My gal is also born in during this period. I have some question that I need to check with you all.

1) Can they sit down quietly and do their work?
2) Can they color properly with different color in 1 picture and also color within the pic?
3) Can they write/recognize alphabet & numbers?

Please pardon me coz i'm really worried about her.

Hi dodo789, on my son:

1) Can they sit down quietly and do their work? <font color="119911">No, my son needs supervision.</font>

2) Can they color properly with different color in 1 picture and also color within the pic? <font color="119911">If he is left to his own, no, sometimes color over the same area (big) with different colors all over. He's getting better; with supervision, now he can somewhat color within the picture, but sometimes will go out of line. </font>

3) Can they write/recognize alphabet &amp; numbers?
<font color="119911">Can recognize numbers. Alphabet, not really.</font>

Hi dodo,

Ans: No unless with my supervision but still very easily distracted.

2) Can they color properly with different color in 1 picture and also color within the pic?

Ans: He will color within the pic. He also tends to color over the same area with different colors but must with supervision too.

Ans: My son can recognize all alphabets and numbers (1-20) but for writing he still requires the dotted lines to guide him along.

yez. my boys (dec04 &amp; dec05) are able to do that for 30mins to 2hrs depending on mood.

if they like the picture, they can color many colors and within the picture. if they dont like the worksheet than its any old how.

dec05 can recognise alphabets (capitals and lowercase) and numbers (1-100) can write only uppercase and 1-10

Ans : juz for a short time

) Can they color properly with different color in 1 picture and also color within the pic?
Ans : no, she color over the pic with different colors. i need to hold her hands so tat she color within the picture.

Ans : my gal can recognize only certain alphabet &amp; numbers 1-9 only. as for writing not yet..

weoseek,

Hello...sorry to reply u sooo late. I didn't see u leh, in fact, I still not too sure which one is you lah. Sep 08 u been to Dr Ong's clinic? Hmmm..I think I was already showing by then and if I'm not wrong I was wearing yellow spaghetti top with blue jeans. How's your #2? should be 6mths by now. Mine is a boy for #2 and he's just 2 weeks old. doing confinement at my own hse in Bishan this time so you won't be able to see me ard in whampoa, at least for the next few mths.

Hello Kwan, hey, our #2 are ard the same age as well! I supposed that u have delivered by now. How are u coping with 2 monsters at home?

Hi fairymoss,

Just given birth to bb Zeth on 26 Mar. What abt you? Still able to cope with the confinement auntie around but nx mth I think I'll be very busy esp now that Zach needs alot of my attention. He's doing alot of noti acts to gain our attention even though I already gave him alot of attention and love kekeke.

fairymoss,
Hey, congrats for the arrival for your newborn!

Yeah, i remember can see you preggie already at that time.

Time pass so fast right? Now even yours also has arrived. My no. 2 is already 7mth old...(premature again, instead of 6mth old)

How is it coping with 2 kids and breastfeeding at the same time? Jared initially was very gentle to no. 2...always ask for permission to touch/carry her. After 3mths, he will flip her like roti prata, poke her eyes...and do everything funny.

So Declan move back to Bishan with you? How about his daily school? stop for time being or everyday he will travel to whampoa instead?

kwan,
Congrats! more funny acts to come..I find if no.1 is boy usually wont be as loving as jie jie. Very headache with their act.

Weoseek,

Thx! Hopefully no more new funny or noti acts frm him coz I already very headache. Many times wanted to discipline him but my confinement lady told me not to beat/discipline him during confinement or else he'll be very rebellous. So now I kept using the 'talk' approach &amp; sometimes I need to close 1 eye.

Zach also very rough to di di. His sayang is as gd as beating di di lor. Kekeke

kwan/weoseek,

I delivered on 23 Mar, and I'm now in Mar09 thread.

Kwan, come onto Mar09 thread, didn't see u there. korkor now sayang didi but would grab every opportunity to stick to me when I'm nursing didi, even when I pump, korkor still wants to be around in the same room.

Weoseek, huh? initially korkor would be gd, then after a few mths will disturb the bb ah? I think sometimes our parents also give them the wrong message. My mum always tell korkor that mummy cannot do this and that, cuz mummy got to carry didi etc. I think that's making korkor jealous. Declan comes home to Bishan daily and in the morning, Daddy would send him to sch at whampoa and ah ma fetches him to her place for lunch and nap. Evening time, Daddy picks him up. So that's the routine for these 4 mths. Unless Daddy can't make it that evening, then he would bunk in at Ah Ma's place for that night.

hi ladies

I'm a mummy from Jan 06 thread but he's joining the 05 batch in sch coz he's 1 Jan.

wanna ask if there's any kids here are still not toilet trained?

My boy still can't poo in a potty altho he is pee-trained. His sch principal &amp; teachers are asking for him to go to pre nursery coz he's not toilet trained. I'm going to change sch for him since I don't see why I should accomodate to their requests just becoz they can't cope.

Re: sitting down &amp; colouring by themselves

My boy can't sit for long and likes to roam. He also doesn't really like colouring and will do it all over without supervision. So kenna complained by the nursery teacher during first 2 weeks of his school and asked to be transferred to pre-N.

Hi mashy,
maybe you make him poo daily in the evening,
so he won't need to poo in school?
Just sit him at the bowl &amp; "nnngnggg" him.
happy.gif

Our boy is in N2 this year.

leng leng

my boy's poo is very irregular. Sometimes have, sometimes don't have. sometimes even poo 3x a day. And he can't do it sitting down, he needs to do it semi standing up.
sad.gif
I tried making him sit down and poo and end up he got constipated for 3-4 days.
sad.gif

Hi mashy,
try potty, toilet bowl, cover over toilet bowl?

Tried hugging him &amp; let him sit on the bowl?
Our boy was afraid of falling into the bowl last time,
so need to hug him when he poo poo.
After that hubby place a heavy chair in front of him for him to hold when poo poo,
he won't fall that way.
Now he's independant.

Takes time, be patient.
happy.gif

leng leng

yah. have tried potty, the kiddy toilet cover over toilet bowl. I also have a stool so that he won't have dangling legs when he uses the toilet bowl. but no use.

He could tell me he wanna poo poo, but the moment he sits down on the potty/toilet bowl, he'll say no more poo poo.

Hi mashy,

You are not alone. My son is not potty train yet. At least urs already pee trained. Although the school did not stress us on this. But all his classmates already potty trained. And when it comes to long hrs in school, my son is abit troubled with his wet pants n heavy big pampers. He'll cry becoz of discomfort n wat makes matter worst, he duno hw to tell teacher of the discomfort. And his school is a kindergarten, teacher will not help to change pampers but his form teacher and some enrichment class teachers are very kind that they did help him change his pampers.

I tried many methods and ways but still he refuse to tell us when he wana poo/pee lor.

I'm very stress over this...I even ask my MIL to help me potty train him during mar holidays but not successful.

kwan

Glad to know that i'm not alone. I thought my boy is so way behind that he needs to be in pre-nursery instead. At least your boy's kindy is very helpful. The one that my boy is in are complaining abt the changes and wants me to put him in prenursery instead.

So fed up I'm changing to half day CC instead. They're at least more helpful in this and I can even let him go in underwear instead of diapers and they'll work together with me on the toilet training.

Mashy,

Sigh ... honest speaking I'm facing some problems other than toilet train prob. Zach is the youngest in the whole N2 classes. Teacher even comment that he's still like a small little boy whereas his classmates are all very matured. One of the enrichment class teacher even stop my boy from attending her class just bcoz my boy is too young but his classmates can still attend lah. My parents kept telling me to change school but I'm afraid that Zach will have to adapt to new environment n new teachers.

May I ask which area u staying and which CC you enrol with? When it comes to potty training, CC will offer better help.

Hi mashy &amp; kwan,
don't give them a bad scare when potty/toilet training,
it's not a punishment to make them sit there,
don't leave them alone, like "time-out corner".
I rem a show "look who's talking",
about the toilet bowl monster, it's scary...

kwan,
For boy's peeing training, I can't,
I asked daddy to demo peeing like a fireman saving fire at shower 1st, make him enjoy it.
Aiming part comes later.
happy.gif

Best is before shower time, if your kids don't use bathtub anymore.

mashy,
try at the same time everyday,
just ask him to sit at the bowl/potty &amp; "nnnggg",
you get a stool, sit there &amp; "nnnggg" with him.
When he says don't have, be patient,
ask him to wait a little while more.
Do this for a week &amp; see...
The moment you hear a "pop" into the water,
"CHEER!!!!" YEAH!!!
Like a celebration, make him proud &amp; happy,
once he know the "correct" muscle to squeeze,
it's fairly easy to do it again.
happy.gif

kwan

same prob. My boy is also the youngest and from day 1, his teacher has been complaining abt his behaviour. He's also like a small bay and likes to wonder in the class. Plus, he's also very curious so will climb ard &amp; touch things to get what he wants.

I'm also afraid of the adjustment part coz i'm expecting my #2 now. But in the long run, if he stays there, he will just be ignored and will not learn anything there. So I feel that have to change school for him where he is loved and can build up his confidence. He was previously in another childcare sch from 2 to 3 before i transferred him to a proper kindy and he was doing fine there. Now i heard nothing but complaints from the teacher.

I'm staying in AMK and considering Chen Su Lan Methodist at Serangoon Gardens. How abt u?

Oh yah,
our boy height wasn't enough to shoot into the toilet bowl,
we got an IKEA stool for him to stand on.
Brought him there to buy the stool, he liked it.
happy.gif

Then tell him that he'll pee at bowl,
standing on the stool that he bought.

Back