(2005/10) Oct 2005 MTB???

flo
hope your little girl is feeling better. Your bbsitter must be v scare cos the contaminated food could be prepared by her. Tts why keep pestering u to bring your girl to KKH to be double sure she's alright.

Hi Yippee, I think we may have no choice but to do it in a hotel what with the number of people! my parents coming from US, sis from Manila, etc etc. Just thinking of the planning is TIRING! Plus i want it extra special since we missed the first month party coz my DD had just recovered from her heart surgery then. Was very sad yesterday after the check up with her cardio, he said after her 1st birthday, have to admit to hossie for a procedure which needs general anesthesia and intubation again. If only i could take her place to lessen her suffering I would. Am just praying for a miracle that the scan would show no need for another surgery!

SSL: when you take out the raw chicken from frezzer, do u thaw 1st or jus place in slow cooker immediately?

Anyone can help me.......if I want to give bb the green peas(those that comes in a pack), can we grind with the peas skin still attached?

Do we have to grind the fruits b4 giving bb? What fruits are recommended?

Anyone s bb on 3 solid feed now? Can share the feeding schedule? My bb taking feeds every 3 or 4 hours a day, so total 5 feeds only.

Anyone s bb sleeping with booster or pillow? My bb doesnt sleep in neat positions, so kinda hard to give her those.

carole

clarisse really look like u
happy.gif

mybabydream

my maid will usually bring the frozen chic from the freezer down to the chiller the nite before cooking. and when she want to cook the next day, she just bring it out just before she want to cook. its not frozen anymore after she finished the mincing,etc.

cant help u on the peas cos so far only gave brennan puree ones
happy.gif
i only puree the fruits i gave brennan. so far, fed brennan with apple, banana, pear, papaya, watermelon. avocado only once. Mango puree is those jar form but mixed with apple or pear type.

Brennan's feeding schedule
8+am - gripe water + cereal with FM + FM
12noon - porridge + fruits + water
3pm - 210ml FM
6pm - porridge + fruits + water
8.30pm - 210ml FM

Brennan sleeping on infant pillow. bolsters are only placed at the side of his playpen (which is his bed at nite) He will roll all around at nite when he sleeps. I guess as long as i make sure his nose arent covered or blocked by the posture he is in, i will leave him in whatever position he shifts. Usually after he sleep around 8+, hubby and i will check on him occassionally. just to make sure his sleeping position is ok.
happy.gif

Patsy
I can understand your anxiety, meanwhile take gd care of your little girl & yourself. Under good care, she will definitely grow stronger.

If you doing the 1st bday at the hotel, then you shd start looking out now. My nei ghbour did his son's 1st bday at Hotel Pheonix cafe. Check it out if you want. I'll most likely do it at my plc cos I wanna do it more a kiddie thingy with party decorations balloons etc. Since your parents coming over fr U.S why dun u get them to buy party wares & bring over. I got my hb to bring back lotsa these during his last biz trip.

SSL
hey, gimme a five! Like Brennan, Kaiser also has abt the same feeding schedule & 210ml per feed. Same sleeping timing too
bounce.gif

1st b'day: anyone heard of or used cjs for catering? i'll probably do a home one with family and friends..
now experimenting w eggless cakes.. (thanks, kris for the receipe
happy.gif
)

patsy.. can share receipe for dough?
happy.gif
sorry to hear your baby has to go through heart surgery.. brave brave baby.. hope it goes well and doesn't need any more surgeries..

my babydream: i tried peas fr snow pea pod before.. i tried using fork to mash, blending.. zoe just won't eat it.. think she doesn't like it.. think i posted zoe's feeding schedule just a few days ago, maybe you can check the archives?
happy.gif
she sleeps on a v flat babysafe pillow..she also moves a lot and usually ends up not sleeping on the pillow and i just let her be.. i also have her a baby bolster before but she doesn't seem to know how to hug it.. she likes to hug my blanket, my big bolster or my arm though..

carole: clarisse is so sweet! with lovely eyes
happy.gif
is that a baby pool you have her in? she looks like she's having so much fun
happy.gif

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I just pray that there has been a miracle and the doctor says she won't need another one to correct her heart. You guys can see her pictures here: http://www.sarah-sy.fotopic.net/c744213.html

I've asked my mum to bring some of the decorations from the States, but being the control freak that I am, I have sent her pictures of the exact ones I want
lol.gif

fushiastar: since I'm going to make them, do you want me to just make double the amount and pass it to you (I'm not working until August so I can meet up with you to give it to you). Otherwise, here it is:
4 cups flour
1 cup salt
4 cups water
4 TBSP oil
1/2 cup cream of tartar

Mix all ingredients in saucepan. Cover and stir over low/medium heat until dough is completely formed and no longer sticky.
Allow to cool and store in air-tight containers or zip lock bag.

You may add 1 package of unsweetened powdered Kool-aid to give it a great smell. You may also add food coloring so you can have different colors of play dough.

All the ingredients are edible so no worries about our babies putting it in their mouths!

Re: baby sleeping. What time do you babies normally sleep at night and what time do they wake up in the morning? Xaby will only sleep at 11 pm but wakes up at 9 - 10 am. I'd like her to get used to sleeping earlier so I can do some stuff after dinner instead of having to watch her all the time!

Hi Patsy
Can the babies play with the dough now? If yes, then I may try when free.
Btw, maybe u shd try adjusting Xaby's sleeping time. Kaiser sleeps ard 8pm, waky at 7.30am. He has his naps at 9am+ & 3pm+. You can try adjusting Xaby's meal times & sleep time slowly.

Hi Yippee

According to my aunt who is a developmental therapist in the US, yes, 8-9 months is a good time to get them started with play dough since it's a new texture and they can learn to form things whichs starts their creativity. The recipe was actually from her and they use this in the hossie for the children. I will make some this week since I'm not working, want me to just make for you?

Xaby's nap times same as Kaiser's actually. But she also takes a nap after dinner which is why she's awake until 11 pm! she likes waking up late tho and in fact is still sleeping now - and it's 10 am!!!!! And she does it at 12 noon and 6 pm also.

hee heeeee am getting good at typing with one hand while expressing milk

Oh, u still bf huh? Good for Xaby. Kaiser is on total FM since 5mo. Kaiser is now hvg his morning nap too
happy.gif
Looks like Xaby takes a short nap after every meal.... hahaha she sure knows what a good life huh
happy.gif

Hey thx for the play dough. I'll meet up wif u to collect. I'll try it out another time then!

Think I have given my gal much orange staff like carrot,pumpkin , sweet potato and papaya.. her hand a bit yellow, doctor say stop for 3 week and now she is ok..

so I am short of food list for my gal (Sep baby) . Any new stuff to introduce beside the following :
- potato
- spinach
-"Heng Chai"
- Tofu (once a week)
- Fish (threadfin, Cod Fish or "Hou Yu")
- Pork
- Chicken
- Peas
- Broccoli
- Cauliflower
- How to prepare Aspargarus ?

Normally how many stuff you put to porridge?
I usually put one meat, one fish and 2 vegatable (about 1 oz each) per meal

Patsy.. thanks for the receipe
happy.gif
i'll try it out first k?
happy.gif
kinda like doing stuff like this anyway..
happy.gif
zoe sleeps at 730pm and wakes up at 7am..naps at about 10am and 3pm.. xaby has changed so much fr when she's born to now.. she's come so far.. felt so sory for her when i saw the pix of her w tubes.. she has so much hair now! you can even put curlers for her...
happy.gif
zoe's got the same fisherprice playmat.. loves to crawl through it now..

coffeedrinker.. can try beef, zucchini, cabbage, xiao bai cai, beans, silver fish, salmon.. asparagus, i just chop fine and steam, then mash w a fork.. my baby's 9+m..

Yippee: yeah, my HB call her the platinum princess since she's very very very spoiled by both sets of grandparents (first grandchile on both sides). I'm giving her half BM ahd half FM, coz my job means I have to travel so can't give her full BM but will try to give her as much as I can. The little princess woke up at 10:30, drank her milk, so now no appetite for lunch. Schedule gone crazy again.

Fushiastar... yeah, it's been a blessed few months but we're still not out of danger. She still turns blue once in a while and her fingernails and toenails are still bluish all the time. She's also lazy to crawl! She'll go like one or two cm, then gets lazy and just stops and falls down. I don't mind her waking at 7 am if it means she sleeps early but don't have th heart to wake her. I guess I'll just have to wait till she's ready to wake up/sleep early.

fushia: ya, my MIL bought it from Aust. i just put in little water for her, so that she can be in her crawling or lying face down position and yet water wont kena her nose...

she looks like me? i think still looks like daddy more lahz.

Hi Fushiastar,
Do I have a peel the aspargus ?
Beef - buy from supermarket ? is there things like beef lean meat to look out for or any the type we take for steak?

beans means french bean ?

yippee

happy.gif
but Kaiser sleeps earlier than Brennan and wakes up later too
happy.gif

coffeedrinker,

i will peel off the outer bark of the asparagus and chop off the flower part and then chop into tiny bits before putting them into slow cooker to cook together with the rice and fish/meat and vegetables.

usually i will put fish or meat, vegetables, tofu or carrot or pumpkin or asparagus. so far, i feed carrot or pumpkin twice a week only.

do you have a set of baby food menu daily ?
Can share ?

On my food list only about 10 food and each meal is 3 type .. so every 3 or 4 meals it repeat agin..

Care to share?

mybabydream: EMber's taking 3 meals a day.
happy.gif

9am: Cereal
1030am: 150ebm
1230-1pm: porridge
230pm: 120fm
545pm: porridge
8pm: 120-180fm + direct latch

coffeedrinker

Brennan's porridge meal is repetitive also. i guess its ok and i only try new food on weekends whereby i can monitor his reaction to the new food.
happy.gif
so basically i feed him either threadfin or cod or meat. usually put xiao bai cai as vegetables. and starting to add tofu, asparagus now. and pumpkin and carrot occassionally. i tasted the porridge that i fed brennan is its very yummy. hahaha

coffeedrinker
your gal is so lucky. She has so much variety for meals
happy.gif
Kaiser's meals are quite std, ie 1 meat & 1 veg (same menu for lunch & dinner). Just started to gv museli & apple cereal for breakfast but he doesnt like. So stope for 1 day until I buy bananas to add in.

Btw does any mommy here feed her baby liver? Read a book for baby food that suggested chicken liver porridge.

Yippee: Yup, I've started my gal on chicken and pork liver. But I only give once in a few weeks. Cos liver v high Vit A and given in access not v good.

Samuel is down with a cold again...thanks to the cousins again! went to PD yesterday and she had to insert tubes to suck out the thick mucus from his nose. he cried till there's no tomorrow and 2 of us had to hold him down...poor Samuel...

jenifur, please update Samuel's weight as of 9.5 mths --> 9.2kg

MBD, my son's feeding schedule is as such: -

7.00am - 150ml FM
9.00am - Cereals or egg yolk
10.00am - 150ml FM
12.30pm - Porridge
2.00pm - 150ml FM
5.00pm - 150ml EBM
6.30pm - Porridge
8.30pm - 150ml EBM
9.30pm - 90ml FM

i am depleting my last 2 packets of EBM today and i would have graduated from breastfeeding!!!! i don't think i'll be expressing anymore....goodbye breastfeeding!!!

Sneaky ,
Woo, Samuel can still drink 150ml @ 2.5 hrs..

My Sabrina's schedule...

7am - 120ml
9am - Cereal
12pm - porridge
3pm - 120ml
4.30pm - yogurt
6pm - porridge
7/8pm - 120ml
8.30pm Sleep

sabrina, sometimes, he cannot finish one...bal around 30ml...

guess my Samuel is drinking quite a lot of milk hor? is it too much har? we give him milk even though he didn't crying for it. is this right?

coffeedrinker: there are 2 types of asparagus, i get the smaller ones that i think don't need to peel.. about beef, i've asked this before too.. now i'm using cube beef and mince on my own..

Sneaky
If Samuel can drink, just let him drink lor. Gd to still gv as much as milk as possible in addition to solid food. I used to continue gvg milk feed even after Kaiser is already sleepg at 12am but now stop already (now he only drink hv 3 milk feeds in a day i/o 4 previously)

465377.jpg

<font size="-1"><font face="courier new"> <font color="ff6000">as @ 17 Jul 06
Mummies <font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>Pop On<font color="ffffff">.</font> BB's name <font color="ffffff">.</font> Birth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>6 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>7 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>8 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>9 mth<font color="ffffff"></font> <font color="ffffff">..</font>10 mth<font color="ffffff"></font>
Fun .......... 11-Sep-05 Alden<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.06/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">10.0/72</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">10.3/78</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Jenifur ...... 18-Sep-05 Janelle<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.81/46</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">7.05/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">6.98/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">7.10/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.85/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="119911">7.53/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Gracemum ..... 20-Sep-05 Sabrina<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.53/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">7.33/68</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">8.24/71</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Pammie ....... 24-Sep-05 Tammie<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.15/66</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.60/70</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
MrsTan ....... 25-Sep-05 Kenshin<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">2.49/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">7.50/67</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fiona ........ 28-Sep-05 Genevieve<font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0000ff">3.21/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Mybabydream .. 29-Sep-05 J.<font color="ffffff">........</font> <font color="0000ff">2.70/47</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">7.60/66</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">8.50/72</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
SSL .......... 29-Sep-05 Brennan<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.15/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">8.77/69</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">9.09/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Sneaky ....... 30-Sep-05 Samuel<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.80/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">8.00/64</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">8.35/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">9.20/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fushiastar ... 04-Oct-05 Zoe<font color="ffffff">.......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.38/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">6.50/63</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.00/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">6.80/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">6.90/65</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Mdl .......... 04-Oct-05 Tricia<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.25/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Snow ......... 04-Oct-05 Yong Shan<font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0000ff">2.92/46</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">6.60/66</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.40/69</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
whitefloral .. 05-Oct-05 Charlize<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.50/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Bearie ....... 10-Oct-05 Tyler<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/52</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Lindy ........ 11-Oct-05 Rayne<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.46/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">9.20/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Ling ......... 12-Oct-05 Clarisse<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">2.77/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">6.57/63</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="aa00aa">7.00/68</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Amari ........ 13-Oct-05 Darren<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.76/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">8.50/70</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.80/71</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
breakbeats ... 13-Oct-05 Ethan<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.55/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Garfield ..... 14-Oct-05 Girl<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">2.47/45</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">6.30/62</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Puea ......... 15-Oct-05 Rong Jin<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.12/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">8.24/68</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">8.66/71</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Wlml2402 ..... 15-Oct-05 Bryson<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.09/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">8.00/67</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Adel ......... 19-Oct-05 Brent<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.40/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">7.50/63</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">8.00/66</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Chloe ........ 20-Oct-05 Michael<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">9.40/72</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Kris ......... 21-Oct-05 Ember<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.35/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">7.88/66</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.40/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Nuttnuts ..... 21-Oct-05 Ying En<font color="ffffff">...</font> <font color="0000ff">3.68/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Tao_baby ..... 24-Oct-05 Girl<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.03/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Yippee ....... 24-Oct-05 Kaiser<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.64/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Flotan ....... 25-Oct-05 Raelyn<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.86/47</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Fresia ....... 25-Oct-05 Amos<font color="ffffff">......</font> <font color="0000ff">3.46/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Sweetie ...... 25-Oct-05 Grace<font color="ffffff">.....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.21/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">8.50/70</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">8.85/73</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.85/73</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
3rascals ..... 28-Oct-05 Kayden<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.44/51</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">8.90/70</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">8.50/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Morraine ..... 28-Oct-05 Ashley<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">2.55/49</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Karin ........ 30-Oct-06 Nicole<font color="ffffff">....</font> <font color="0000ff">3.23/48</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">7.30/69</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Kuririn ...... 31-Oct-05 Sherisse<font color="ffffff">..</font> <font color="0000ff">3.20/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">6.55/64</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ff0000">6.80/67</font><font color="ffffff">.</font>
Dolly ........ 01-Nov-05 Christine<font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0000ff">3.61/50</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="#660066">6.20/62</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="ffffff">5.90/61</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> <font color="0077aa">7.12/??</font><font color="ffffff">.</font> </font></font></font>

<font face="Calisto mt"> If you would like me to update your Baby's weight &amp; length or if I have missed your update, please kindly PM me! </font>

465346.gif

<font face="Calisto mt"><font color="0000ff">Sneaky</font>,

Wow so good Samuel can drink so much milk leh.

Janelle's Schedule

0600: Latch
0800: 200ml of EBM
1130: Porridge
1530: 200ml of EBM
1700: Yogurt/fruits/dessert
1900: Cereal w fruits &amp; 60ml of EBM
2130: 200ml of FM/EBM
2200: Latch to sleep

She lost weight again... very cham leh.</font>

<font face="Calisto mt"> I had a horrifying weekend.

Janelle fell off e bed on sat evening. She was taking her nap on our bed. I know it's about time for her to wake up but I need to go toilet mah. I checked on her &amp; she still sleeping soundly so I just go lor.

e moment I come out of e toilet, I hear her screaming. Dash into e room, she's on e floor trying to sit up liao. Checked for injury but nothing visible so jus leave it after she calm down.

But hor she developed fever in e middle of e nite den keep crying. Gave her medicine but fever jus won't go down. So had to go KKH A&amp;E yesterday. Luckily Doc said shldn't be due to e fall if not I will die of guilt man</font>

fushiastar

i kiasu, bought the small ones but also peel :p
for the beef cubes, is will it be very tough if we put into slow cooker to cook for 2hrs har?? i scared leh... can we feed chicken? so far, i have not feed chicken yet.

I also did not feed chicken , my mum keep nagging at me everytime i say try chicken !
she say chicken nowaday so many problem.. why rush into it.

Jenifr,
Can join the baby database:
pop on : 17 Sep 05
Baby name : jasmine
Birth : 3.09
9month : 8.3kg

SSL: i mince the beef cube, then steam, then mix w porridge to boil for awhile.. not sure abt slow cooker cos i don't use.. zoe likes beef..
happy.gif
think chicken can.. i've been giving for awhile now
happy.gif

coffeedrinker: true in a sense.. but all meats have pblms leh.. fish has mecury, cow has mad cow disease, chicken has bird flu.. guess just have to choose lor.. i only feed zoe kampong chicken..

Hi jenifur, I relate to your panic ---- I think i experience it everyday with xaby's heart condition... every small cough I feel like calling her cardio. She's getting spoiled now because we're not allowed to let her cry else no oxygen and she may pass out! for fever, have you tried those cool patches put in the forhead from Japan? worked for xaby when she had fever due to throat infection a few weeks back, 39.3 C fever, rush to KK at 1 am, they sponged her with very cold water at the same time put oxygen mask... not a good experience at 3 am for her and me.

BTW, can I join your database?
birthday: 25 Ocotber 2005
Baby bamr: xaby
Birth: 2.48 kg
8.5 months: 8.7 kgs

re: chicken, my mum says no when i say I want to feed Xaby chix because she said will be prone to cough, so now only beef and fish, but she HATES fish... any recipes to share??? what about pork? recipes?

SSL: i cook her beef in the slow cooker on auto for about 3 hrs, comes out nice and tender, you can add potatoes and onions for flavour too.

Jen,
poor baby!why Janelle got fever ? i feel the same as you, when sabrina fall down from bed and
my Sabrina got 2 times food allegi, is was my fault also ..

I had feed sabrina chicken(breast meat), when she's 8 mth old.

i have set weekly fix menu for porridge,my maid just follow anyone same like me ?

sharon/coffeedrinker: could you share your menus with me? so far i've been feeding xaby the same food for a week, but have been thinking of making her meals more variable but am running out of ideas... help!!

anyone know if Kiwi can be introduce now?

For fruit, apple and pear are mostly used , while banana ia once a while, papaya also once a while, what about you? what else?
I use Avacado together with apple or pear.
I don't like apricot.. find its too sweet, and same for prune.

Lunch
Mon : Pork , Threadfin, spinach , Cauliflower
Tue : Pork , Gao Yu (fish) , Heng Cai , Tofu
Wed : Pork , cod Fish , Broccoli , Marrow
Thu : Pork , Threadfin,Spinach,zuchinni,Wolfberry
Fri : Pork , Gao Yu (Fish) , Heng, Carrot
Sat : Pork , Cod Fish, Broccoli, Peas
Sun : Pork , Threadfin, Spinach , Marrow

Dinner :
Mon : 2 scallop , Potato , Broccoli
Tue : Silverfish , Spinach, Zuchinni
Wed : Threadfin, Potato, Heng cai
Thu : 2 scallop , Broccoli
Fri , Silverfish , Potato, spinach
Sat : Pork , Threadfin, Heng cai
Sun : Pork , Silverfish, Broccoli, Wolfberry

So if got 2 more meat and 2 more new vegetable, I will not repeat menu (at least only repeat once)

coffeedrinker,
your gal can take scallop ha...??? because my gal allergi to scallop liao
and where can i get Marrow and wolfberry, and how to prepare..

my menu is lunch and dinner same.

Mon-Threadfin, green leave veg,sweet corn,tomato
Tue-Pork,Carrot,Cauliflower,Green pea
Wed-Salmon, green leave veg,Zuchinni,sweet potato
Thu-Chicken,Spinach,pumpkin, half egg yorg
Fri-Threadfin,green leave veg,Broccoli,potato(JP)
Sat-Beef,green leave veg,tohu,corn
Sun-Salmon,green leave veg,egg yorg,califlower

every day will add one tea spoon ikan bilis podwer , green leave veg (all type)then
mon, wed and fri i will add brown rice podwer..
so far sabrina development quite good on all the menu...

my MIL forbid me to feed asparagus to brennan
sad.gif
say wait till after 12 mths. haiz.....

patsy

i tried the slow cooker for 2hrs on high and the inner sides got black wo. so now, only 1hr on high and 1hr on auto. just nice.
happy.gif

coffeedrinker,

wa, your menu very yummy. brennan's lunch and dinner same same one. and sometimes, everyday same too unless i buy different meat or fish.

MIL wanted me to cook long bean, but i wonder if the slow cooker can really make it real soft. cos MIL dont blend or minced or mash the porridge or ingredients when feeding. so i make sure my maid chops very very finely before she put them into the slow cooker

SSL: heeeeeee..... never tried 2 hours on high, just on auto. Am lazy to watch over the pot so to play safe, i put on auto.

my mum has a long list of foods i can't prepare yet... tomatoes, carrots, chicken, innards, heng cai, eggplant, makes it very difficult for me to find new foods.

Jenifur
Dont blame yourself too much, accidents do happen. Just be extra careful next time, things do happen in a split of seconds esp with babies. Avoid putting babies to sleep on beds as they tend to toss &amp; turn while asleep, if not they will crawl here &amp; there exploring on the bed &amp; who knows what they will do next. Maybe Janelle has a bad fright thats why the fever. Hope she's alright now.
Btw, Kaiser's wt &amp; ht at 8mth is 8.5kg &amp; 71cm. Thx

Kris
how do you cook the liver so that it will not turn hard? My maid says steam it if wanna feed the liver with porridge. Is it true?

Coffeedrinker
Wow wow... your menu looks good. Thx for sharing.

Back