(2005/07) Any July 2005 new mums to be?

odie,
thanks for explaining how jab works. ya, it's probably safer to jab our kids earlier, though I tend to delay a bit, say it's for 12-15 mths, I'll wait till closer to 15 mths.

timie,
hh hv bulging tummy after meals/ milk also, but he hardly regurgitates.

joyfulstar,
yr Bernice is so blessed got mummy milk to drink.
happy.gif

love,
yr coming trip to HKG sounds fun! wish u a wonderful trip, don't forget to share the pics with us ok!
happy.gif

Odie

Thanks for info. I spoke to my pd two days ago, he gave me different opinions. I asked him about MMR, he told me to jab at around 2 years, when the baby is older and more ready....As for chicken pox, can jab after a year old, good to prevent"snake"in chinese as well....

If I am not wrong, there is another jab in 18 mths too, right?

I asked about the pnumecocal jab, he told me its not neccesary and its just a marketing thing....

As for flu jab, its advisable if travel to cold country and maybe Hk, if go around the cold season....For australia, no need...

I believe in baby are more ready for certain things....I guess chinese and english has got different school of thoughts...I always stand in between.

Hi Joyfulstar,

Yep, I agree that not all BF babies are smaller. Like I said, only some are... think Kellis falls into this category. =p

Princess is now coughing. My gooness.. what a week it has been. Had fever on Monday, terrible mozzie bites on Tues and Wed, she broke out with reddish patches on her body. Took her to doc and he says it's Roseola. Apparently, common in children bet 6 to 24 months.

Will need to bring her back to doc again tonite for her cough. Poor girl, coughed whilst drinking milk this morning and she threw up all over my bed.

Glad that weekend is round the corner and I'd be able to spend more time with her.

Talking about holidays. Hubby and I planning to go away end Oct too. Initially wanted to bring princess along, but we decided that we'd probably go away for a short break on our own instead. Will miss her to bits...

Any recommendations for nice relaxing holiday (hopefully, with a bit of shopping thrown in) nearby? =)

Have a great weekend!

Joy747 (must be specific cos got 2 "joy" here =p)... you are quite right that it is the different school of thoughts at times. The other reason is that it depends on the PD as well. So far I have not delayed any of the jabs because it is partly a personal choice. I place alot of faith in our Ministry of Health... muwahahahahaha. Actually in the States, immunisation against pneumococcal is compulsory but not here in Singapore. Reason being that the jabs are fairly expensive and our government do not want to impose it on everybody. Whereas in the States... health insurance is a lot common as compared to Singapore and so the costs of the immunisation is ultimately picked up by the insurance company. My boy's PD did ask if we wanted to take the jab even way before all these ads on TV came about... and she did warn us the costs. We went ahead nonetheless.

As for MMR... I have heard about the side effect of causing autism and so I did check with PD few weeks ago. She pointed out that it could partly be due to the where the jab is from. There are apparently 7 pharmaceutical companies producing immunisation and somehow the components do vary at times. She assured us that so far she has insisted in getting her stuff from American companies and they tend to be more careful because Americans will have no qualms when it comes to taking up law suits. So far she has not encountered any kids having this side-effect. Anway... if I am not wrong... this finding has yet to be scientifically proven but rather a statistical studies (??).

End of the day.... a person's body constitution is the most important. Medication and jabs can only play a secondary role. Thank goodness Matty has been very strong so far even though I only managed to BF him for less than 3 months. So far he has only came down with a flu once and that was after all the 7 adults in the family came down with flu. He was the last one to catch the flu bug. So touch wood and hopefully he stays healthy as always.

Bluez... hope that your girl will recover soon!!

Oh BTW... my boy finally took his first step last night ^.^v

odie,
yay yay, congrats to Matty! how many steps he walk last nite?
happy.gif

I read from some website that the autism-MMR scare started due to thimerosal (a type of mercury?) in the vaccine. hopefully now they don't use it anymore the vaccine shld be safer.

timie, i realised that my girl also has a little tummy after eating... hehe... quite cute... but she rarely regurgitate...

congrats odie
happy.gif

regarding jabs, just curious, isn't all these jabs compulsory one ah? so, sooner or later got to jab right? hehe, for me, i just listen to the pd, he say jab when i jab when :p

Sp
Not sure how to insert the table. Can tell me how?
My info is as stated. :)
girl - DOB 9 JUL 05
her name - CR
BB no 3
I am a SAHM
I stay - CCK

Odie

Well said, its really personal choice.Congrats, matty has taken the first steps...

Wow, he indeed has a very good immunity, keep it up....

For me, my two kids immunity is only average, worst when in pre school. Now in pri school, its better.

Good day

sp... he took two steps only. It is still a start!

plim... yup there is a list of the various immunisations being compulsory and the child must have taken all the immunisations before attending primary school. If I am not wrong the Ministry of Health will "award" some form of certification once the list of immunisations is completed and you need to produce the document when you enrol in primary. Joy747... your girl should be in primary school right? Is this true?

odie, no problem one, once they start, within 1-2wks, they'll be walking more than 10 steps (mayb unsteady) but increasing in steps each day...
happy.gif
just between last friday and this friday, bella has already 'walked' around the whole of living room and bedroom... hahaha

Odie

Yap, upon completion of all the jabs, last one being at 18 mths, a cert will be printed out by the clinic and upon registration for primary one, you have to produce that. Health book need to send in when school starts.

bleuz,

hope Kellis will get well soon. Will cover her in prayer.

Odie,
Congrats on Matty taking his first step. Soon... he'll surprise u with what he can do further, eg: running ard... Have fun chasing him....

mummies, just wondering, what is the favourite thing that you like watching your child do?
(I'm sure all of you love everything your child does... hehe... just trying to get some friday mood going :p )

well, for me, the thing i enjoy most is watching bella sleep and eat (biscuits)... during sleeping, i just like the way she sleeps, so innocent looking and so sweet... as for eating, the way she munch away her biscuits so happily and satisfactorily makes me so happy
happy.gif

oh, just want to share this 'new' biscuit or cereal that i'm giving bella now is this called 'Oatmeal Squares', i think (trying to recall) it's by quaker oats... it comes in square puffs but can be quite hard (i find)... the first time bella eats, she's took a long time to chew and i can't really tell if she likes it or not... subsequently, she will 'ask' for those biscuits and will reject any other biscuits i give her...
i tot, oh well, since it's oats (and i tasted it, not too sweet bah) so shld be ok if taken as a snack regularly
happy.gif

My ger loves to immitate her brother. When she sees her brothers busy doing their homework, she quicky pick a pencil and papers, run to her table and pretend to do homework. She always finished first of course. Love to see her doing that coz she really looks so cute......

odie,
Thanks for your elaboration on all the jabs.Any idea which co your pd get his stuff from?I m just like plim,do watever the pd say.hehe

Plim

Just like you, I love to see my son sleeping...very innocent and I think all mums will agree...

Next thing, I find it amusing is that he will take a marker and duster and imitate the older sis to write something and erase it.....

Joyfulstar... I already made it clear to my hubby that chasing after the boy is his job and not mine. Muwahahahaha =p

Joy747... thanks for confirming!

plim... same I like to watch my boy sleep. But for a different reason. I will go "oh yes... he is finally asleep. Now I can finally rest". He doesn't sleep alot you see =p Anyway... back to your question seriously. Recently I like to watch him "dance". He shakes his whole body and head when he hears the music start. Very cute!

Zen... hmmm... not sure cos never ask. Same for me... I just jab when the doctor says to =p

Good morning, mummies!
happy.gif

hi, crmummy, yr info is IN, I've updated the table. how's yr weekend?

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummy</TD><TD>SAHM?</TD><TD>BB no...</TD><TD>BB's birthdate</TD><TD>BB's name</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Justin</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Darius</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jia Jing</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blur_green</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Brayden</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>doodbug</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gabriel</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ginsengmum</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>28-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Shanice</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>saintbaby</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kirsten</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sherilyn</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>odie</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Matthias</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nana</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>babykhoo</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Tabitha</font></TD><TD>Northeast, Anchorvale </TD></TR><TR><TD>annmelody</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kynan</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>plim</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font></TD><TD>Northeast, Anchorvale </TD></TR><TR><TD>enya</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bubbleling</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashlyn</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>miao2</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBRayan</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayan</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lkf </TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dexter</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>anns</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ian</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zen</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Enzo</font></TD><TD>Northeast, Anchorvale </TD></TR><TR><TD>crmummy</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>9-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">CR</font></TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD>bichon</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Raeyen</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dodos</TD><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jaydon</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ida</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dramaqueen</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Rachel</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nur</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>13-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Farhanah</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Venx</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Remus</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tomatoes</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Giselle</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>z_planet</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kaylasmum</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kayla</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Isabella Teo</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">HK</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tuffy</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>18-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Jing Wei</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rowena</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kyan</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>timie</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Timothy</font></TD><TD>CCK </TD></TR><TR><TD>bleuz</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Kellis</font></TD><TD>SK, Rivervale </TD></TR><TR><TD>joyfulstar</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>24-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bernice</font></TD><TD>Bt Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>love</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Natalynn</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>joy747</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>28-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aedann</font></TD><TD>East - Telok Kurau </TD></TR><TR><TD>dunnoleh</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>29-Jun-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sp</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jul-05</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hock Hin</font></TD><TD>KL </TD></TR><TR><TD>happy</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5-Aug-05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pol</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>samval</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>piggy</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princess(shirley)</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hal</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kyen</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>britni </TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>latte</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chocco</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

plim,
actually I spend so little time with my hh that whatever hh does is also very nice for me to watch. fav is his sleeping look, like angel, hahaha...

good news! hh finally starts to learn to walk! he'll crawl towards u, when almost reach, he'll stand up and walk 2 steps and collapse into yr waiting arms! hehehe
happy.gif

Wow! Congrats sp! Hh knows how to walk a few steps liao ah? So happy for you!!! Really another milestone for him
happy.gif

Ladies,
Wah.. most of the babies can walk liao, unlike my lazi ger. Haiz..

Tuffy,
Shanice like ur ger ley, she is oso a scary cat. Till now, she still refuse to let go of our hands when practicing how to walk. &amp; she is super super "xiao jie", even if she lands on her buttocks, she starts to whine &amp; expect me to sayang her liao. Like tt how to learn how to walk? Aiyoh...

But.. hehe i keep telling myself, maybe not too bad if she dunno how to walk now, at least i dun have to chase her ard the whole house. haha..

Re: Food
Er.. wonder what u ladies feed the little ones now? Shanice dun like to eat her own food anymore, somehow she wants to eat what we adults eat. So any idea what i can prepare for her?

Hi Sp

so happy for HH....soon he will be walking ard like Nat......now she is always walking everywhere.......so cute to see her walk.....

Last nite so happy......Nat can put the shape into the shape sorter liao....so happy for her......n I even managed to video it down for my mum n hubby to see.......
happy.gif

sp
Thanks for updating. Our weekend is spent in ECP. We went to cycling. Hubby put my ger infront of the ride. She loves it.

ginsengmum
hee. now that you mentioned it, mine also quite xiao jie. Now we resort to ignoring her a bit when she falls cos we noticed that she tends to cry when we fuss. think ours will probably be the slowest walkers.
happy.gif
as for food, she is also getting v fussy. But her mood varies so we don't really know what the problem is. hai.. rather frustrating.

love,
wah! nat so clever! mine just removes the cover and dump everything in.
happy.gif

natmummy,
Nat is so clever! hh still doesn't know how to play the shape sorter toy.

tuffy, ginsengmum,
xiao jie is ladylike, very "suit" girls mah, hehehe...

odie,
yesterday I also didn't see hh walk, he still happily crawling around, think they got their "mood" one.

tomatoes,
thanks, does Giselle walk and run too?

crmummy,
cycling is so fun, esp with bb, hehe.

morning ladies!

Tuffy,
haha ur ger &amp; mine same same lah. Sometimes i feel maybe pampered her too much liao. then this few days, she can't sleep well be it nap or nite. She keeps waking up crying or whinning. Kinda of frustrating, coz dunno what she wants.

Re: shape sorter
Hehe, another similarity. Mine oso throw out all the blocks, then put them direct into the box as if she is trying to keep them. Worse put, she claps her hands &amp; expect us to clap ours too. Pengz...

Ginsengmum... actually for me... I am quite lax as compared to most mummies. As long as the food is not too salty, oily and soft enough for the gums... I will feed to my boy =p For their age there shouldn't be anymore food restriction... eggs, diary products should be allowed by now.

As for shape-sorter... same for my boy. He will just open up the lid and dump everything in. I think quite cute when he does that =p

SP,
Too "xiao jie" not gd lah. in fact, she is more like a scary cat, everything oso scare. Little bit pain pain, expect the whole world to sayang her.

Odie,
Me oso. haha, i am getting lax abt the food i give my ger liao. Kinda of lazi to think wat to cook for her. Somemore, worse part is, cook liao she dun want to eat. Aiyoh.. heart broken.

Natmummy,
Hehe, my shape sorter oso got sound one. its the sesame street one, where the cookie monster or the Elmo will make noise. But my ger just simply too lazi to sort the shapes. She prefers short cut. haha

ginsengmum

Is it becos u n hubby pampers her too much?? den she will feel it one....like me....when Nat noti I will smack her buttock one...

Natmummy,
no ley. i do smack sha oso. In fact, if she throws tantrum, i will ignore her one. so dunno Y she is like tt oso &amp; her skin super thick one, smack her, she oso wont feel pain one

ginsengmum, NatMummy,
so far I smack hh once only, he also like shanice, no reaction one, like didn't get the point.

actually shld we smack them or not ah, will they imitate and smack us when we don't do what they want
crazy.gif

Sp

I believe that once in a while we need to discipline them if not they will think they can climb over us..........its the same for my students..haha......

Hmmm... my boy is the same too. We have tried to smack his hand and butts... but he doesn't feel a thing. But so far if Mummy give him the stern look... he will still get the message. But won't cry loh.

hi mummies, normally i don't really smack my gal, only will give her stern look like odie... i once read somewhere that sometimes the best way when they do something wrong is not to scold but to keep quiet and move them away from the thing they are doing, as scolding them makes them feel that they are doing the right thing (i.e. as in encouraging them)... so, i normally 'shout' (i find i use a lot of shouting :S) at her once, and look sternly at her... she will pause a while and then look at me, most of the time she will then move away from what she's doing...

as for my husband, he tends to smack her... i remembered once that he smack her so hard that got finger prints on her thigh
sad.gif
... but that was the only time lah, the rest of the time normally smack her button or back of hand...

actually i read somewhere says even if a baby throw tantrum, the best way is to keep ur cool. Dun scream or hit the child, coz it somehow convey the message that it's okay to behave tt way. Instead, if stay calm, there is greater chance tt the baby will cool down quicker
happy.gif

So i try my best not to scold or smack her (though sometimes really difficult). Most of the time i ignore her totally instead lor.

wat I mean smack is those light light one on the buttock or hand not using cane ler.......hehe...I also heartpain when my hubby smack her lightly on her hand....

My ger can be rather nosey and active. She loves to climb on chairs, remove all my dvd from the boxes, take kor kor pencil and run around the house the list goes on.....

I just gave her stern "NO" voice. Most of the time she will listen, if she didnt, I will remove her from the scene and she will wail like as if I just hit her. <shake head>

Hi All

So quite huh?

Baby shoes

Has anyone found a good walking shoes for baby?I know clark is good but parkway branch has closed down and am looking for alternative...

Oh yes, I think I have yet to post aedann birthday 's shots...here it is
500657.jpg
500658.jpg
500659.jpg
500660.jpg

Hi All

So quite huh?

Baby shoes

Has anyone found a good walking shoes for baby?I know clark is good but parkway branch has closed down and am looking for alternative...

Oh yes, I think I have yet to post aedann birthday 's shots...here it is

hi, joy747,
wow, aedann's cake is so beautifully decorated, was it delicious? u r such a chio and slim mummy, hehehe. I love Aedann's dimple, the 2nd shot of him standing is like he very shy like that, hehehehe...

Sp
Nice seeing your post....How to be chio when already mum of two kids...

Cake is reasonably price and nice. Many friends commented its delicious and I am pretty surprised with that too....

You busy running after your darling?

I yet to find a good shoe for him due to his big and broad feet....

Have a good day

Back