(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

gals,

for those who live in the west, jurong point john little having a nursery fair. So if you are free can just drop by to see if they have anything you need.

Tigger88: I think the 3 reputable brands are Avent, Pigeon & NUK. Think u buy either brand shd be alrite la. I heard there are a few types of steriliser, steam & microwave. Not sure which one is better. U might wan to do some "mkt research" before u commit.

Gals,
I just got back from the checkup and it's confirmed that i'll be having a boy!
happy.gif

btw, need to check with those who have gone for the detailed scan, do they just "rubbed" your abdomen?
Is there any vaginal scan involved?

Oreo,

Congratulations!!!...A lot of boys next year le...my colls also commented....like Ivy Lee, Zoe Tay, Sun YaoShan & May Phua...all boys....kekeke...

Only scan on the abdomen le...no vaginal scan...

Oreo: Congrats! Ya.. I think next yr got more boys.. this year got more girls... heehee. My doc also never do any vaginal scan.

Oreo: After updating urself & Miata.. it's 10 boys against 5 girls now.. oh no.. we girls are out-numbered big time!
happy.gif

Tigger,
I was told by my sis that the Avent smaller oz milk bottle will leak leh. And only can fit Avent milk bottles. For those microwave steriliser, must make sure it can fit in to the mircowave leh. I remember seeing the Avent steam steriliser selling at $119 somewhere. The newer version of its steam sterilizer cost abt $189. Both with free milk bottles. I think i'll use the Pigeon one since it can fit different brands of milk bottles. Its much cheaper too....only cost $87

Oreo,
Same here, i didn't take any vaginal scan. Rub tummy as in what? To position BB?

Poohy,
Anything worthwhile to see at the JP nursery fair?

Meow: Oh is that true? Avent smaller oz bottle will leak? Not very good leh... My SIL is giving me 2 4oz Avent bottles & I bot extra bottle teats from Avent liao. But most of my frens who used got no complaints leh... Hopefully mine no problem man.

Tigger: BTW, if u need to purchase additional teats or pacifiers, do take note of the mth in which they are meant for okie. Cannot buy too big coz the milk flow might be too fast for the BB. Buy according to ur BB's age okie.. This kind not like clothes.. can afford to buy bigger nevermind
happy.gif
My bottle steriliser is from my other SIL. She bot from China, no brand but can still fit in the Avent bottles, coz she is using them too
happy.gif
Anyway I heard u only need to steriliser the bottles when the BB is young. So not nec to invest in an expensive one. As long as can fit the milk bottles u intend to use and it's safe to use then can liao.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">meow</font>
"rub" as in using the scan device to go around the tummy. (Can't find a better word to describe it)
I'll be going for my scan this Sat.

Wow! all these talk abt. avent, sterilisers, bottles are too much for me. Think it will take a while for me to consume what you gals are talking abt.

I'm also thinking of buying the basic necessities first. Next year GST will go up to 6%.
sad.gif

oreo,
congrats!! hehe another boy...
happy.gif
ya u reminded me liao.... gst going up next year... dunno whether shd go buy those breastpump, sterilizer now first... :p

meow,

dunno leh my mum went and cant find the nursery fair.. dunno whether still on. :p

Oreo,
So you mean she apply the cream the scan all different areas of the tummy lah? Jus to see the bb in different angles is it? Then i have.
happy.gif
GST will go up meh? Not jus 5%? Hee...i went to JB to buy some of my stuffs...i bought the anti-slip mat for bath tub at RM$9.90 whereas Kids Mall already sell it at $6.90. The store got 20% off on most products leh. Only if you go JB then can consider buy some stuffs from there.

Poohy,
Oh so you not very sure lah? Maybe i ask my friend to check it out since she stay around there.

<font color="0000ff">piglet</font>
Are you sure it won't go up??
coz' my hubby just paid some 3mths advance rental for a shopspace but they calculated the GST rate at 6% based on next year.
hmm... think better check and confirm first with my hubby.

piglet,
alamak, me mistaken... GST not going up afterall!
Well, at least now i can take my time to shop for baby items.
happy.gif

Congrats Oreo on your boy boy ! hee hee ...

wow 10 to 5 ... girls sure are precious this year ! /clipart{biggrin}

Hi Ariella and Sgmon,

So I guess there is no proper report for a detailed scan. Dr Chin did tell me my bb's weight, which is nearly 300g @ 20wk, that's why I am a bit curious how she get the weight from the scan. Think some estimation from the measurements. Maybe I will try asking her for the copy of the summary printout although I may not understand what is written on it. Hahhahahah...

Hi Oreo, congrats on your little prince!

Wah so much talk on bb stuffs! I only bought a couple of bb clothings. So far still lazy to shop around for the big items, like cot etc. Hubby say maybe get our family members to buy some of the items as gifts for the bb. Save $$$$... ;P

I think the GST should be fixed at 5% for the time being.

Ladies: No la.. GST no increase la.. if got now sure big news already. I thot I remember govt will keep the GST at 5%. But I do believe that they'll want to increase to 10% one day.

U ladies still dreaming of labour and stuff? Recently I kept dreaming of myself being very very pregnant. ie tummy big like a ballon. I remembered I once dreamt that I went into labour.. but after that cannot remember liao... :p

Dewdrops: Hey I think my BB's wgt is also 300gm at 20wks. No wonder my doc says my BB is normal size.. very good la coz I kept worrying abt whether my BB is growing fine or not coz of my apparent lack of sufficient wgt increase. So I guess I need not worry so much liao

Ya, Oreo...GST will be kept at 5% for the time being....as for the increase, dun tink it will be in the near future, since General Election is around the corner..if they still wana keep their votes high...hehe....I hv heard of civil servants going for election training le..

Piglet: hahah.. very good analysis.

Meow: Try out as in try out whether the Avent bottles will leak? No need so troublesome la.. I ask my frens can liao lor.. Plus I dun think I wan to touch those bottles until I need to use them.. so they can be nicely sealed inside the box :p

hi poohy,
printouts chargable at TPS ? My gynae also did not charge me for the printouts. So I had the impression that it is not chargable.

Elibaba,

Just make sure u dun "wave" ur printout in front of the payment counter...u r quite safe....I was being charged the first time i was there, gek kiang la, take out the printout to "admire" my baby in front of the payment counter nurse ...kana charge for it...
uhoh.gif

BTW did anyone watched Amazing Race yesterday nite? Jonathon (the entreprenuer) was SO SO nasty towards Victoria!
angry.gif
I pity Victoria man. If I'm her I'll divorce this sick man immediately!

Piglet/Elibaba: U gals go to TMC right? I didnt know that these kind of things are chargeable? How much do they charge u for those printouts? I go to MAH, my doc doesnt charge. Sometimes he prints me 2 printouts. During the detail scan, he printed me 3. One side view, one to show my girl girl's gentials &amp; one frontal view of the face.

Not la, Sgmom...me at KKH, TPS "The Private Suite"

Nowadays, my gynae will ask me to "hide" the printout before leaving the consultation room...It's the TPS ruling that they bill $30 per printout...

Piglet77: Ha?!? $30 very expensive leh... How big is ur printout? Mine is rather small la... maybe 2 times the size of a credit card.. Anyway TPS means what, better than Class A wards? Sorry ha.. I sua ku :p

Yalor, sgmom...when i was "caught" that time, so heartpain...the normal size U/S printout lor, somemore not v clear also...

TPS is a rather new service provided by KKH la, if going for the normal consultation, the waiting time is at least hour after ur appmt time...and the waiting area not that comfortable lor...at TPS, waiting time ard 15 mins only, waiting area v nicely decorated lor, with free hot beverages and magazine on the house, consultation is slightly higher lor..haha...

Hi oreo, congrats on your little boy!
happy.gif

Piglet177, i am also using TPS @KKH.
Why must hide the printout??? i even took out and take a look while paying the bills....???
U mean they charge for those scan printout!!! then i better hide it.

sgmon, i got watched the amazing race...poor victoria. her husband was so nasty and even push her....so bad
sad.gif

jamci: Jonathon deserved to be stoned to death.

Piglet: Wow.. service damn good at TPS I guess. 15 mins waiting time is very short. The last time I waited 1 hr for my doc.. waited until my butt hurts (hahahahaha). I heard KKH has this better than A Class tmt whereby when u are admitted into the hosiptal, only ur gynea will attend to u.. no houseman, no junior nurses. Is that the same thing u'll be getting? KKH nurses are not very kind, sometimes I purposely ignore u one.. that's according to my SIL la.. she delivered both her BB at KKH.

Sgmom,

Ya, i tink only the gynae will attend to TPS patients, that's one of the reason i chose TPS lor...I havent come across any nasty nurse as yet la...haha......the most, i complained to my cousin, she is a midwife there......kekeke...

Piglet: Ha.. then no worries already.. no one junior dares touch u liao. Last time my 2nd SIL (doc) delivers, only docs &amp; staff nurse attended to her. Those junior staff all stay far far away. So she didnt suffer any bruises on her drips, she always gets her food hot, the staff nurse always checks on her etc etc. VIP treatment ya know. My other SIL not so lucky liao lor. She can press the bell 100 times still not response from the nurses one.. ok la 100 times abit "kua-zhang".. but gotta press many times lor.

hehe....I hope that too when is my turn...it all depends on luck also...one of my fren din get her gynae to deliver for her as her gynae's kid is sick, cant rush down...paid so much consultation for a senior consultant earlier...she has another junor consultant to attend to her instead...

Piglet77, same here! that why i also chose TPS
happy.gif

oh...so u can complained to your cousin! ...hee hee i got no one to complain leh....maybe let u know then u complained for me...ha ha ha
lol.gif

Piglet77, u are now how many weeks? i am now coming to 12 wks soon.
happy.gif

Jamci,

Me in my 23rd week now....
happy.gif
...after the 1st trimester, time passes v fast one...

yalor, i dun wish to have those junior nurses or junior docs "hovering" ard me when i m in labour pains...sure go and tell them to "scam"..imagine me being an "exhibit"...kekeke...

piglet77, ya i am hoping time to pass fast! hee hee want to hug my baby soon
happy.gif

haha...me also lor after hearing from one of my colleagues that she got other docs inside the labour room!!! i prefer only the midwife and gynae only....don't want too many ppl to crowd around me...if not i will scream at them to get out!!!

oreo,
congrats on having a boy!
happy.gif

I'm not sure mine yet, think mine may be a gal, cos my tummy very round.
232278.gif

Ask u gals, how much is ur ultrascan?
I got go to a room to let the ultrascan technologist to scan for me.
Afew times is at my gynea room, she'll juz scan for me, but at a shorter period of time.

Hi gals,

Those planning to go Orchard for baby stuff shopping this sunday, the stretch of Orchard Road from Scotts Rd to the Bideford Rd/Orchard Link Junction will be closed to traffic from 6pm to 11pm--->for the Christmas Parade which starts at 8pm....Those driving there...take note la...

oreo,
congrats on ur bb boy......

sgmom,
i heard tt microwave sterilizer not vv gd leh..

i oso watched amazing race last nite..tt jonathan vv mean leh..i was telling my hubby,maybe aft the race,they will divorce..but then think they have been married for quite long liao..so dunno will divorce or not....

<font color="0000ff">sgmom</font>
My bb's weight is abt. 327g and my gynae told me it's considered small and yours is normal? funny huh?? Maybe boy/girl got different weight gain.

I'm also an Amazing Race fan.. can't wait for Jonathon and Victoria to be kick out.
He's really damn mean! Not a gentleman at all!!

<font color="0000ff">as @ 16-Dec-04</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poshies</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel79</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ming</TD><TD>08/04/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>linn</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Krazbi</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Icemilo</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piglet77</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tigger88</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tane</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little_ones</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Funny</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meow</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shadow</TD><TD>16/04/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohy</TD><TD>16/04/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dewdrops</TD><TD>20/04/05</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miata16</TD><TD>26/04/05</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florence</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>KL</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sgmom</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinklets</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>oreo</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariella</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Reistan</TD><TD>11/05/05</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bloom_tan</TD><TD>18/05/05</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluesea</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>westbb</TD><TD>23/05/05</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elibaba</TD><TD>??/05/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurmom</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LV</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>picnic</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>adora</TD><TD>06/06/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ras</TD><TD>07/06/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shalini</TD><TD>08/06/05</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>??</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janetan</TD><TD>11/06/05</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shelle</TD><TD>18/06/05</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>??</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shane</TD><TD>19/06/05</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>megtan</TD><TD>21/06/05</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>??</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shekinah</TD><TD>??/06/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherry</TD><TD>??/06/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>??</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>29/06/05</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jamci</TD><TD>02/07/05</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
legend
<font color="0000ff">MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, ESH - Eastshore, KL - Gleneagles KL</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif

PS: I used this website http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/timeline/index.phtml
to estimate no. of weeks based on the EDD.

Oreo: My doc didnt tell me the weight actually. I guessed based on the printout. It seemed like my BB is 300g at 18wks 6 days :p. So not sure leh. He say normal then normal lor. I kept worrying that my BB is not getting enuff lor. My cousin (expecting a boy) who is 4 weeks ahead of me has already gained 7kgs.. I only 2kgs... Dun think possible to gain 5kgs in 1 mth lor.. anyway doc advise me a sensible weight gain is 2kgs per mth. Tell me dun worry too much abt BB's growth. Kept saying BB is growing fine.

Forgetmenot: That Jonathon shd be struck by lightening man.. he not only verbally abuse her, still make her carry a heavier bag and even pushes her.. dunno what Victoria sees in this man. I think she'll divorce him when the game is over. And I hope that they are eliminated next.. for Victoria's sake. For every leg she gena more abuse from him.. What's the diff btwn 1st place and 2nd place anyway.. they are so rich it the price doesnt matter at all...

meow, Avent small bottles will leak ah? hmm..maybe I should take a look at pigeon brand too.

Sgmom, thanks, will take note of the teats sizes.

btw, how much weight have you gals gained so far? I have gained about 6 kg.

Based on my last visit, my gynae calculated my weeks to be in wk 24th based on the baby's size. So my EDD could be 2 weeks earlier that what he had told me earlier.

Hi Sgmon,

At first I am worried about my weight gain also. I only gained about 3kg up to 20 wks. My gynae also worried. Ask me to eat more. But later after the scan, she say my baby also not small, nearly 300g. I got a rough estimate of the baby's weight by weeks, posted by one of you girls earlier (can't remember who already). According to that chart, should be 300g @ 20wks. So not too bad. Phew!

I missed the Amazing Race last night. So sad! Can anyone tell me who was eliminated?

Tigger,
That's what my sis tells me lah. But i didn't try it out. Maybe i'll ask her over the weekends when i see her.

Sgmom,
Maybe she means the extreme small ones that's use on newborns. I need to check with her. What should we look for on teats? So far i never buy any teats yet leh. I only know we should use the latex(yellow) one for newborns.

sgmom,
ya lor..i neber see a guy like jonathan leh..they vv rich meh?

do u intend to buy pacifier for u bb?

dewdrops,
the grandparents are eliminated.

twinklets,
i thot tummy round is boy n tummy sharp is girl??

Back