(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

ming,

i am feeding samuel Enfalac A+ since birth. He is taking it ok so far .... at least poo once a day... at most skip one day occasionally..

anyway compared to other FM, enfalac got higher iron content.. so maybe thats why the poo frequency lesser... heard tat from my neighbour whose bb got constipated on enfalac and she switch to similac.

but he keeps vomitting/regurgitating his feed.. I also thinking of changing to enfalac HA... but heard HA milk may be bitter...

I guess all babies have their cranky time... mine also. Samuel is most cranky in the afternoon... but this will shift sometimes... during such time, cry for no reason, carry also cry ... gotten used to it liao... now I am more or less very independent in taking care of him liao... can bath him on my own, change him, feed him etc etc i think when we get the hang of it .. the stress is greatly reduced... cos feel more confident liao.

ariella,

actually there is 2 type of feeding method, 1 is on demand (cluster feeding) and another is on schedule. Both got its pro and con. I normally feed samuel on demand. But he normally also have a certain time interval between feeds except when its his cluster feeding time ... Books said that when very young bb cry and needs not met, they may feel abandoned and more difficult to build trust ... not sure whether true or not leh

Krazy,

I bought mamy poko from John little (NB size). It was during the storewide sale of 15 + 5%.

Nowadays the postings are getting later. Must be all mummies tied up until wee hours. Can't imagine myself to be in the shoes in just weeks' time.

Carla_lily: Must let baby suckle izit?? Coz I cannot get her to do so. TO make matter worst I am inverted nipple. sian liao...

Hi Florence..
yup i had over the radio talk by some doc.. say if the baby is not taking enough water diltute the milk so the baby will have enough water...

hi oreo,
do share with us on the cost of the jab.. thanks

hi Cherry,
pls note to put ur baby in infant care is ex... i had check that for baby for 2-18 month.. to put in a ntuc infant care cost abt 1700 without 200 - 300 rebate is mother is working... so is super super though a lot pple claim that they are doing a great job but if ur salary is not high then like all the money go back to infant care... no point working... that my own view.. maid without supervision is not a wise choice with the recently cases... that why Gerald is going to nanny's place... luckily my mother found her friend which is my confinement lady... like to take care of Gerald.. n we know how she handle Gerald...

hi hytten,
u r welcome.. all the best to ur breastfeeding

hi forgetmenot...
thanks... anyone going??? i think i will need to take leave again..

hi poohy,
ur boy is taking less than Gerald... most of the time he can finish his 160 ml of milk n during his last checkup for his 2nd jab... his pd still say he is small compare to his size ask us to feed him more... now Gerald is 4.5kg compare to his birth 2.8 kg.. though a kg a month for the 1st three month is common.. how heavy is urs?

hi carla lily,
how she burp ur child? well my nanny was surprise by the way TMC nurse teach us to burp.. she say is dangerous... haha... she ask us to hold the chest across one arm instead of the head-neck... most of the time i will try to hold Gerald close to me where he can lay on me when i burp...

for mamil night think can only start after 6 month.. i'm requesting for sample... then can try on Gerald... since currently he is on mamex gold...

yup... baby will have their crankie time... Gerald is always at night when his daddy at home... maybe he want his daddy attention... haha.. life without CL is more tiring hor.. i agreed... need to take care of bb n housework... u all cook? most of the time i ask my hubby to 'tar pau' dinner.... lunch i eat on bread n dry food or instant noodle... so boring n unhealthy rite... but not choice lah..

poshies,

samuel is 4.34kg at his week6 checkup. Not sure whether that is ok. His birth weight was 2.63kg. I wish samuel will take more milk so that he will reduce the frequency... still trying... but dun dare to try too much cos he will merlion...

Poshies: How do you find Mamex? 1 of my fren giving it to her son as well. At first was considering giving Enfalac or Similac for my bb later, but heard this fren giving Mamex, she seems happy with it. Another I am considering is NAN. NAN recently came out with new formula that comes with the DHA thing.

poshies, for lunch...i either cook simple meals like porridge, mee sua etc or tar pau from coffeeshop below my flat. For dinner, hubby has to tar pau.

San/Sally: Me haven go give birth yet lah. Last nite ard 11+, experience acute stomach pain but subside after a while. Dun feel like contractions, more like stabbing pain. Was quite worried so decide to take ML early therefore resting at hm now. Though its really bored at hm but dun have to stress if anything emergency happen. Im going for my check-up tmrw so will c wat my gynae says.

So San, when u seeing ur gynae again? Tot u can pop anytime if induce rite?

hi san..
so far Gerald is doing well with Mamex... no complain... his poo is frequent too... so far so good.. his pd is also commented it is doing him well...

lv:
so you are using mamypoko? i bought one pack but somehow, it is lost in the house... cant seem to find it although i have been looking high and low.

mummies
your babies poo at night? i mean in the wee hours? i always check my girl and see a little poo in her diapers... hence i always change... sometimes can use up to 4 pcs if she wakes up every 2 hrs.

Evelyn: Me going to my gynae this Sat and will be doing the CTG. I don't think I will induce lah. Just wait till bb wants to come out naturally unless gynae advise to induce. My gynae will be away for 3 days from 22-24. So worry that my bb will come out that few days. Though he will give me a standby doctor, however, still prefer him to follow up as he is more aware of my case.

Eve/ Sally: Do both of you ever encounter pain in yr vagina? Sort of like pulling or stretching like that. Me having this at times this few days.

forgetmenot : I'm using Medela electric mini.. my right breast is ok but my left one, I have to use my hand to express the milk out, which I think is faster sometimes.. I will try to express out 240ml from 2 breasts, maybe that's why I take so long.

Tigger88 : Aaron is seeing Dr Foo Ai Leng of Ooi Baby and Child Clinic at Blk 417 Yishun Ave 11 #01-327 (Tel : 67565070) I'm paying for the normal package. 6-in-1 will be $570.

Carla : Sometimes Aaron wants more than 120ml.. like yesterday I feed him another 30ml more, than he is satisfied.

Poshies: Thanks. Then may consider this for my bb as well. By the way, you got lobang to get this milk powder cheaper. The fren of mine giving this Mamil Gold to his son, have a contact to get the Mamil Gold at 6 for 1 free and the person will deliver to yr house. If you intersted, I can try to get the number for you.

Stephy: What do you mean by package? You mean 1 time injection at $570 or this package is for all the injection needed at different mths? Me staying Yishun as well.

hello. just to check..for your bb's full mth celebration..are u getting buffet caterer to prepare the food? if yes, which caterer is recommended? and also for the full mth cake..is choz confectionery a good choice? kindly advise.

thanks,
sharon

Stephy, thanks! I know where is that block but didnt know that there is a paed there. There is a Singapore Pools shop there rite?

<font color="0000ff">poshies</font>
I just called up the polyclinic. The hepB jab for 1st mth cost abt. $10.
And the 5-in-1 jab abt. $200+. Actually what's the difference bet. the 5 in 1 and the 6 in 1?
I've already booked appointment for his 1st mth jab.

<font color="0000ff">san</font>
I'm feeding my boy NAN HA and.. yes.. NAN recently change their formula and it cost more.
I find that it's not bad.

<font color="0000ff">sharon</font>
You might want to consider melrose bake house too. Their cakes and kueh are not bad.
This is their website http://www.melrose.com.sg

<font color="0000ff">jas03</font>
Congrats! Take care and do share with us your birth story when you're back!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">as @ 17 May-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluesea</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sally</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yingting</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>westbb</TD><TD>23/05/05</TD><TD>39</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mumof1</TD><TD>26/05/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>san(nesame)</TD><TD>26/05/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elibaba</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurmom</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LV</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>adora</TD><TD>06/06/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ras</TD><TD>07/06/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shalini</TD><TD>08/06/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janetan</TD><TD>11/06/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tankuku</TD><TD>15/06/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shelle</TD><TD>18/06/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shane</TD><TD>19/06/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>megtan</TD><TD>21/06/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherry</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>29/06/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shekinah</TD><TD>30/06/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jamci</TD><TD>02/07/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jia02</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Pop on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poshies</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gerald</font></TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Icemilo</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Melody</font></TD><TD>2.85 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohy</TD><TD>28/03/05</TD><TD>16/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Samuel</font></TD><TD>2.6 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ming</TD><TD>31/03/05</TD><TD>08/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Isabelle</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Funny</TD><TD>31/03/05</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.7 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tigger88</TD><TD>02/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.51 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>KraZy</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cheryl</font></TD><TD>2.34 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel79</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miata16</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>26/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.01 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tane</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Adam</font></TD><TD>3.5 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>linn</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayson</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little_ones</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.13 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elaine</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>28/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Paige</font></TD><TD>2.44 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>shadow</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>05/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hayden</font></TD><TD>2.76 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piglet77</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Aaron</font></TD><TD>3.18 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meow</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font></TD><TD>3.67 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>zyp</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>28/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Zavier</font></TD><TD>3.25 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dewdrops</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>20/04/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Xavier</font></TD><TD>2.7 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carla_lily</TD><TD>17/04/05</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>2.9 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweatcorn</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>25/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Kaeden</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>oreo</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Javier</font></TD><TD>3.16 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariella</TD><TD>21/04/05</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cloie</font></TD><TD>2.92 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sgmom</TD><TD>22/04/05</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Valerie</font></TD><TD>3.27 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florence</TD><TD>22/04/05</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Edie</font></TD><TD>2.81 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinklets</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ashley</font></TD><TD>3.97 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweetbaby</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>01/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clarissa</font></TD><TD>3.28 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>bloom_tan</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>18/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Clara</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sharon(debragoh)</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>06/05/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Bella</font></TD><TD>3.21 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>picnic</TD><TD>07/05/05</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Bryon</font></TD><TD>2.33 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>JuneTen</TD><TD>08/05/05</TD><TD>10/06/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Ezra</font></TD><TD>2.4 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>hytten</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>16/05/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Constance</font></TD><TD>3.37 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>jas03
new.gif
</TD><TD>16/05/05</TD><TD>27/05/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
<font color="ff0000">Missing Mummies, please update us if possible!!</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmac</TD><TD>02/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Reistan</TD><TD>11/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tan(phobe)</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>??</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
legend
<font color="0000ff">MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, ESH - Eastshore,</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif

sharon, I ordered the full month cake from Choz. I think it's a good choice. If order more, there will be more discounts. And they can print the parents and baby's name on stickers and paste it on the cake boxes. I ordered the one with chocolate cake, 2 red eggs, 2 ang ku kuehs, 2 fruit tarts and 2 glutinous rice. The cake is so so only, the rest are ok.

oreo,
Are you giving the normal NAN HA or the new formula type? Actually what is the difference btw HA milk powder and non HA milk powder. I think the new formula for NAN HA is very ex. $29+ per tin. If is on NAN 1 with DHA, is abt $25+ and still reasonable.

Actually my SIL did ask me to give NAN HA as well as my niece took that when she was young and she find it good except the poo poo quite stink. But my gynae advise better to give milk powder with DHA formula if not breast feeding. I will try to breast feed but it will not be long as I will stop at around 12 wks after birth since going back to work. So, NAN HA old formula seems out for me.

Krazy,

My girl not out yet but I've already stock up 2 packs of mamy poko. I bought it based on comments from colleagues. Hopefully it'll fit and suit her well.

hi ladies,

So far how many of u have already tried malay post natal massage? How the result? Anyone engage Rose from Golden wellness theraputic? Need feedback on them. Thanks

ariella, I have tried the malay massage. For me, I didnt really see a significant reduction on my tummy. Still have a bit of tummy now. The massage is quite shiok though.

San: I do feel the the vagina area a bit sore at times. Dun knw wat it means oso. But mine is only occasional. Since urs so often shld let ur gynae knw on sat.

Jas03: COngrats

Stephanie: Just wondering if you know what brand teat fits nicely on the medela breastpump bottle. I think i might as well feed baby from that bottle rather than transfer to another bottle and waste.

ming: Thanks for the suggestion. My baby very lazy to eat even from bottle..Don't know wat to do with her

My water rentention came back third day after delivery. Anyone experience the same situation. Though the doc said is ok since I don't have high blood pressure but very hard for me to squat

San - Me stsying in the north not east but working in the east. Yes, my vagina feel sore and it like "opening" sensation. Just now shower and is talking to my b at the same time. Asking her to come out tomorrow coz i am feeling more and more tired and it is very difficult to walk as it seems like my bb is pressing on me making me difficult to walk. How about you ?

Eve - How are you feeling now ? Still feeling tired ? Maybe you can talk to your bb more often during these few days asking her to come out faster just like me. Now, i am so anxiously waiting for my girl girl to come out.

Sally: My hubby everynite ask her to come out, me sometimes oso whisper to her ask her to come out. Me very uncomfortable esp at nite coz she moves a lot, hope tis can end soon. Keep me updated after ur check-up tmrw...

Eve - I will. You too. Hope that tomorrow gynae will tell me that it is time to "pop' and i can go to hospital already. She moves a lot during the noon inside me since resting. When i start to rest on Monday, i thought i feel that her movement is too little compare to last time and keep on observing until noon then she start to move a lot. Today also the same, make me quite worry at time as she usually move a lot during the morning when i am working.

hytten,

i got water retention 3 days after giving birth also... my legs were so swollen... my hands too... my gynae asked me to walk more for that.... my hubby read tt i must drink more water...

medela bottle is standard size so any teat standard size like nuk, pigeon will do.

Hi Ming, I have approached some Infant Care Centres and the price range are around $1K for full day and will be around $600 (me $850) after rebate from govt.

Hi poohy, me also seeing Dr Terrance Tan, intially seeing Dr Siva (at Paragon) but MIL can't communicate with Dr Siva...

Hi Stephy, your $570 for the 6-in-one, does it include consultation? Dr Terrance charges $550 for the package but did not include consultation and his charges for per consultation is $50.

Hi tigger, taking about tummy... I was asked twice today on when I'm going to be due, when I'm looking for Infant Care Centres. So sad...

flo, same here...was at guardian a few weeks ago and the sales gal was asking if i need any stretch mark cream...alamak!!! I told her I delivered liao ah...hehe.

Poohy: Interesting coz the doc I saw at the polyclnic said I am not lying down enough coz I know I definately sit a lot. Will try to drink more water..I bought avent sterilizer that came with avent bottles. So far been using a glass bottle that the hospital gave, guess I will have to buy milk bottles now. Thanks for the info

just curious.. is anyone feeding their bb soy formula?? I read in some forums and internet tt soy infant formula has long term adverse impact on the bb.... its high estrogen level is tantamount to giving the bb 5 birth control pill daily.... scary... this is new to me... just to share in case anyone is considering switching to soy formula...its recommended to be last resort...

Sally: My appt is at 2pm, will do a scan today to check aminotic fluid. Having flu now, wat a wrong timing! Slept early last nite tinking it will be better but not so, still having bodyaching &amp; sore throat, tink later have to pop panadol liao. Hope can recover before delivery so have strength to push bb out. Today feel the pelvic area like very sore, tink shld b tis few days liao, so how r u feeling today? Dun worry as long as bb moves, its ok, the timing not very impt i guess...

San: How abt u? Ready to pop anytime?

Evelyn,
Me still around. Why not you ask your doctor can induce or not. You are already due for your EDD. I think if you don't mind, anytime you opt to induce should not be a problem.

Not sure how's Sally today. 3 of us are in the waiting game. Me also want my gal to come out soon as I am so tired to go work nowadays + gynae will be away during the vesak holidays. Sigh!

San: I plan to wait till EDD, anyway its 3 more days only. If by then bb still refuse to come out then induce lor.

Y not u take ML early to rest at hm next week? Dun worry coz there will still b professional doc to standby in the event if ur gynae is not ard. Mine original gynae went to give birth so she recommend her colleague to me. Today is the 4th time im seeing her but still prefer my original one.

At KKH, if u go for subsidized ward then the gynae will not deliver for u, was tinking since im not so close to her, muz as well go for the lower class to save $$$. So im entrusting myself in the hands of other professional on dat day...

Eve: So for your delivery, you still be delivering by a gynae? My fren delivered in KK in March. She prefer to save $ and so, she opt to stay lower class ward and so have to be delivered by midwife instead of a gynae. However, stitches will be done by any doctor. She told me after she delivered, she waited almost 1/2 hr before the doctor came to do her stitches which she feel the pain. During her delivery, there is only 1 midwife in the delivery suite doing everything and the husband still have to help out abit.

I know the gynae recommended by my gynae shld be of professional but he is not aware of my case at all since I did not even see him once at all.

mummies,
are your babies spending more wake time during the day?
my cheryl is spending more time awake during the afternoons and she will sleep by 11pm the latest at night. sometimes, she will go to bed by 9 plus.
but i have a problem.... since she is spending so much time awake during the day, i dunno what to do with her?
i give her massages, carry her, sing to her... but the time seems to pass very slowly...
any suggestions on what to do with her?

krazy,

same here... samuel is also spending more wake time in the day liao... he has also start to be able to spend time on the cot by himself ... sometimes watching the musical mobile... I hope he spend more time looking at the muscial mobile cos its real exp and supposed to be able to stimulate the brain etc... its from babylove.

anyway, during the day when samuel is awake, I normally carry him or talk to him... or will bring him shopping.

poohy:
i brought my girl to orchard road on mon... took the mrt. had her in her pram.. and she slept all the way there.. but when she was awoke, she refused to be in the pram...
luckily my sis met me there if not, dunno how to carry her and push pram at the same time... hahah

Gerald also awake in the day.... i just leave him them to do whatever he like... the other put music mobile at his cot... the following day fever... my hubby had taken it down... don know whether scare him anot... haha...

u all luckily lah... baby sleep earlier... Gerald refuse to sleep till 2am or 3am.... don know what to do with him... he had not been sleeping alot in the day yet don want t go to bed early... last night... once i turn off the light... he scream off.... 2 more week i'm going back to work... don know whether can i take it a not...

thanks mummies for the recommendation.. still considering to take up which bakery n buffet for my girl full month...

btw how are those mummies doing confinement now? im going to my 2nd week..damn sian n bored. n everyday been eating the same stuff..sick of meat n chix n fish think next mth on vegetarian liao :p u all started to showeR? i shower everyday although with the herb. i nv use..dun like the smell.. n i wash my hair every 2 days when my MIL is not at home :p

cheers,
sharon

Good Morning ladies.

Eve - Hope that i will not be induce as heard that it is quite painful. You can only take those normal type panadol but not long type one as i used to have headache during the early term and gynae advise me can only take those normal round one and try not to if can.

San - Can understand your feeling. If the gynae delivering your bb is not your usual gynae, you more or less will feel unsafe as the new gynae who is helping you to deliver do not know your bb and your history.

poshies,

does Gerald wake up for nite feeds after he sleep at 2-3am ?

samuel will sleep as and when he like.. most times he sleep at 11-1am and wakes up for nite feed every 2-3 hourly. Last nite was great... he slept from 7pm-11pm... feed....sleep from 11:30pm to 2:30am and feed.. then sleep from 3-5:30am... at least stretch longer than 2 hours interval.. hehe..

sharon,

understand wat u mean by eating the same stuff... in fact when I was doing confinement, I have no much appetite... but my mum keep forcing me to eat
sad.gif

WOw.. 1 day never log on only.. so many postings.. cant read them all.

1st mth celebration:
Tis Sat Valerie's 1st mth celebration liao. Yahoo! My confinement will offically ends tmrw I believe coz Fri I'll be going for my facial &amp; haircut.. :p

1st mth cakes.. I originally wanted to order Choz.. but they are too popular already. Yest morning called they say Fri deliver arranged until 2pm. After lunch I called.. Fri no slots for delivery already.
sad.gif
So now bo-bian lor... gotta buy cake vouchers instd.

Going out with BB:
Which u think is better for 1 mth old baby? Drive (alone) out.. or take MRT? I was thinking of taking the train coz I worry that she might cry while I'm driving. Even tho I put her in the car seat &amp; she doesnt normally complain.. but she'll slump in her seat after a while. Now when my hubby drives, I seat behind can constantly adjust her to make her as comfy as possible.

Sharon: Bear w it. I also like that. Similar food &amp; soup. I originally wanted to be "good" &amp; wash hair every other day.. but becoz of the freaking weather.. cannot make it la.. I wash everyday. I bathe with herbs everyday &amp; shower with warm water in the evening. my MIL doesnt really knw that I shower in the evening :p She simply thot that I wipe myself only hahahaha

Poohy: My cot dun have a mobile :p We got a free one when we bot the cot.. but coz we basically put our girl to sleep right in the centre.. there isnt a good spot to place the mobile. So we kept it.

My Keane still sleeps a lot in the daytime. At nite, he usually sleeps ard 1am. After his last feed around 11pm plus, he usually refused to sleep and keep crying. End up have to give him my nipple for comfort suckling before he fell asleep. As for his last feed at nite, he usually drinks abt 50ml of milk only.

Last nite, after drinking abt 60ml at 12midnite, he didnt want to sleep until 1plus. Only wakes up at 5.30am for feeding. I latch him on and he only suckle for like 15mins and fell asleep again. Then he wakes up at 8.30am for another feeding. I think he is taking lesser milk than before and I dunno how to make him drink more...
sad.gif

Back