(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

Hi gals,

My Boy has came into this world on 11 Apr 05. Weighing 3.8kg!...I got a shock when the midwife weighed him when he's just out...my gynae got the shock too. To think that the u/s scan on last Friday showed that he will be ard 3.2kg...i even went for my favourite fruit on the day before i gave birth, like nobody's business....haha...

It was natural delivery with Epidural....lucky i had that, or else....
kao_scared.gif

congrats Miata!
happy.gif

Piglet!!
congrats!!! so u really go & eat ur fav fruit before u pop ah!?!!!
lol.gif

I really yearn to eat, but i think if i eat, bb wt may juz shoot up to over 4kg!!
kao_biggrin.gif
I din touch the fruit for 9 mths u noe!!

So how many labor hrs? Share wif us ur birth story leh!! wat symptom 1st??

Sally,
It was my buddy's mom. She was doing her big business & suddenly she felt her bb's head coming up (tat was my buddy's eldest sis!)
kao_scared.gif
!
& inside her sis birth cert, hospital category was known as "private" ...
lame.gif

Another story was also my fren's mum. Also pooing, then got feeling!! Geee!!
I juz got stomachache & poo quite alot. Very very conscious of the whole process. So scare will see red blood or watsoever foreign stuffs.
kao_scared.gif

Sgmom,
me still here lah .. hee.. u tot i went to pop ahh ...
lame.gif

My mind is so active right now.. though tired .. having this stupid insomnia nowadays .. haiz ..
U getting nervous???? I'm getting nervous for u leh .. cos we all along same EDD mah .. scully u so fast can see ur gal gal liao..
kao_smile.gif
.. me now still counting stars .........
kao_sad.gif

Good morning ladies.

I am feeling very funny today. Whenever i stand up after sitting down for a while, i can feel like my bb dropping out feeling. Is this normal ?

Piglet - Congrats to you !! I also did not touch your fav. fruit since the day i preggie, maybe will go and have some this wkend. hehehe... Must post your little prince photo here for us to see. Take Care.

Evelyn - How are you today ?

sgmom - How is your check-up last night ?

Twinklets - Lucky both bb are okay that time. Me also don't dare to use to much force to poo-poo even though i am constipation, just try to use the breathing method.

Sally,
yeah both bb are grown up married women now. hehehe..
I got stomachache early this morning again.. dunno why .. these few days always got stomachache.. hope this is 1 of the labor symptoms too..
uhoh.gif

Yeah dun ji too muz ... try to hu xi in & out .. like practising labor mah ..
lol.gif

Sally: Feel much better after a gd nite slp, but still feel the sharp pain there. Tis morn bb moving a lot, like now can feel her do somersaults, hehe. Regarding the "drop out" feeling, me never experience, mayb u can check with ur gynae. So did u watch 1st Mums last nite? Find their dialogue very funny, not very natural, esp kym ng acting like a bit fake leh...

Twinklets - Me too. Nowadays, stomach easily pain-pain and want to poo-poo 2 to 3 times everyday.

Ladies - my friend recommend me a bb Dr at Mt A and she just bring her bb to the Dr last night and she told me is very good. Just in case, you have not found a bb Dr, maybe can give it a try.
The address is : Dr Terence Tan Hwa Min, Mt A 2nd Floor kinder. Tel : 64785925.

sally,
dr terence tan is indeed quite good. He attended to my boy during our stay in TMC. very friendly guy. There is a thread on him and u will find many good comments...charges are v high though and waiting time is long
happy.gif
But i think I will go to him if my boy needs a PD's attention in future.

Morning Ladies!

Hi Piglet, congrats! Can post your Ah Boy foto? Wow 3.8kg and you can go natural! You already give me confident!

Hi twinklets, me also thought you pop liao :p

Hi Sally, me experience aching in my privates after sitting for a period, then stand up. Is it that sensation that you are referring?

Hi sgmom, so how's your checkup? Did your gal turned? Did you managed to get the 22nd?

Hi Eve, me got watch a bit... you are right, they looks so unnatural. But it did reminded me of something.... (to be continued)

Evelyn - you take care. Maybe you can also call your gynae up to check on the pain. Will call my gynae to check later. Did not manage to catch the show because hubby ask me to go out with him last min and i grumble at him the whole nite that he caused me to miss the show. hehehe =p

Poohy - I will go and see his thread later. Tks for the info.

Florence - Yes, aching and a sensation feeling.

Ladies:
I'm back!
happy.gif
C-section date scheduled to be 22nd April. Phew! No need to beg coz apparently his 20th is already taken. When i asked him when to do c-section, he offered me 22nd or 27th. :p

My Dr didnt measure my BB's weight but the nurses believed that my BB is already 3kgs at least. 1 more week to go so shd be alrite la.

I've elected for epidural c-section & my doc does charge more for that. Altho he didnt specifically say so, but when he was explaining to me the diff'ce btwn GA & Epi c-section, he said epi c-section normally costs more ($200-$300). Knowing that the hospital package is cheaper for epi c-section.. u'll have an idea where the diff'ce goes to la. But nvr mind la.. I just wan to be awake when my BB is born. And he claimed that recovery from epi is faster than frm GA.

San: My gynae's clinic operates until 5pm.. so I think last patient is at 430pm. Anyway whtr I leave at 3 or 4.. I wldnt go back office one la.. not worth the hassle. Normally I'll schedule my appointment in the morning so that I can be back in office ard 1030am (I start work 830). Just that these last few appointments got those CTG, growth scan etc.. so I schedule them in the afternoon.
happy.gif

Piglet: Congrats! Wow.. I think ur BB is THE biggest so far :p Shd be very easy to handle already lor :p Do keep us updated of ur progress okie. Remember to post ur BB's photo for us to see okie.

Twinklets: U bet! Normally u dun log in so late mah.. so was wondering..hmm.......

Ariella: I did check with my doc what r the implications if I were to go into labour before my scheduled c-section date. He said

1) it'll be considered an e c-section (of course will costs more),
2) there is an increased risks of prolapsed cord.

Prolapsed cord is the situation whereby the ambilical cord gets "exposed" when the water bag breaks. This condition might cause the foetus to die. My BB is also in a flex breech presentation (ie squatting inside the womb). The risk of prolapsed cord (if the water bag breaks) is 9%. Doesnt sound alot.. but I told him, considering that I already gana that 3% of MTBs with breech BBs.. I dun wan to take the risk. So I opted for 22nd April instead of 27th.

sgmom - It's so good that you manage to get the 22nd. Your mum will not grumble to you anymore and you will not have to pay the extra $1k if you want 22nd. Take Care. Now, you must be very excited. You will get to see your little princess in 7 days time.

Sally:
B4 I go to my gynae I've already decided to let my gynae offer me the dates. I tell myself if it so happens that he is only avail on 20th.. so be it. So it was a wonderful surprise that he immediately offered me 22nd or 27th. Very tempted to take 27th one.. but after hearing the "prolapsed cord" thingie.. I dun wan to take addnl risks.

Oh yes.. with a date in mind.. it seemed so much more "exciting". But her clothes, bedsheet etc all not washed yet. Haiz!... U see..my niece was admitted to hospital yest due to very bad UTI. Has to be hospitalised for 3 days I think. So now my MIL has to focus on taking care of my nephew while my SIL & her maid stay in hospital to take care of the girl.

Prob tmrw I'll wash them. Latest by Thurs gotta get everything ready liao. :p

sgmom,
what a relief... u got the date ur mum wanted and thus will be spared of all the "nagging".

Sally,
Can describe the "drop out" feeling???

sgmom: Glad that u got the date u wan. So can start counting down to the "BIG" day. So wat time is ur c-section? Muz keep us updated of ur condition. Meanwhile take care & rest well.

Good Morning Ladies

Have a bad morning start. Overheard my ma telling my sis tat my cousin called and ask her to advise me against C-section. I was still in bed then and I started to cry.

I'm really stress coz I been explaining to my ma ample time abt why doc recommended c-section next wk. In order to let her understand i wanted normal delivery just like them. I m trying "gua sa"(recommended by my aunt) & moxabustion now which I m not comfortable.

My ma haven start her "chanting" for today yet, but i scare I cry in front of her later, which i dun wan coz I dun wan her to feel bad as I know she is concern and hoping we could just wait.

I wanted to wait too but I really dun wan to take the risk. I wanted a bb so much and I already got a bad start before this.

Sgmom: Thanks for the info. Glad u got the date u want. Now we are opposite. Supposedly ur bb shld be a day ahead of mine.
happy.gif

Hi Ariella,
Don't worry so much... how abt getting your sis to explain to your ma why u have to go for C-section and how much u wanted a natural delivery but circumstances just won't allow it.

Sgmom - You must also take a good rest before your c-section even though you are going to do the washing or else after Thursday, you will be busy looking after your princess...=)

Carla - it like my bb going to drop out anytime. Now, when i walk, i need to use one hand to support my tummy. There is also a sensation feeling (which i don't know how to describe) and a bit pain.

Ariella - Don't be upset and stress. Maybe you can also tell your mum that you have already trying your best to hav a natural birth but for the sake of the bb safety and well-being, you need to have a c-section. Don't cry, your bb will sense that you are crying and she will feel sad inside too.

Hi sgmom, sooooo happy for you! Now one less worry! For the clothes, why don't you wash yourself? Throw everything into the washing machine. You have one more week to go!

Hi ariella, sayang, don't cry. Maybe can ask your mum to go with you to the gynae, then your gynae can explain to her?

Ladies - how do you all usually observe your bb movement ? Just call gynae and his nurse tell me to observe the movement of bb. Is it mean bb is moving and kicking in my stomach mean it is ok. So blur.

Poohy,

I got my hubby to check for me last nite ... according to him, it is the last stitch that is poking onto my right butt ... maybe that's y it hurts so much on my right side when I try to sit now.

I will get my gynae to check if he can do anything abt it tmr. My Stitches are those dissolve type so no need for removal.

Ariella: Dun be upset. I knw how it feels when pple dun fully u/std ur situation. Just like I "complained" yest that my ILs are "questioning" why c-section date gotta be 2 weeks earlier. Why cannot delay until labour starts/later coz they worry that my BB will be too small, preterm.

Similarly I think ur cousin is just being ignorant. Prob also worried that u might suffer more from c-section as compared to natural. All of them have our interests in their heart, just that their mtd might not be the most "comforting". Explain to ur ma & cousin that

1) Ur BB is flex breech. There are cases whereby breech BBs are delivered naturally, but those BBs have their legs up, thus their buttocks will be the first to be delivered. ONLY under those circumstance can the gynae try to deliver the BB naturally. Even so, the risks of complications is ALOT ALOT higher.
2) Under current medical science & advances, c-section births arent any more dangerous than natural birth. No doubt, c-section birth means mothers take a longer time to heal, but generally risks to mother & babies are still kept very low.
3) Ultimately the goal of being pregnant is to have a healthy BB & mummy. Why insist on a natural birth if c-section is indeed the safer of the 2 choices for BOTH mother & BB.
4) If u keep delaying ur c-section date & really end up having labour before ur c-section date.. not only does it costs ALOT more, there is an increased risk of prolapsed cord (if ur water bag breaks). This actually increase the risk to the BB. It's not worth taking the risk.

Prob after u explain all these to them. They'll have a better u/std'g that c-section is not ur choice. And it IS the safest way to deliver a breech baby.

Flo: Ya I intend to throw them all inside the washing machine to wash. I've nvr tried hand washing anything (other than my lingerie) in my whole life! :p Tmrw if the weather looks good I'll bring to wash. Hopefully by Sunday it'll be dry. Now considering whtr to put in those bumper & quilt coz they are more "spongy". Afraid that it wldnt dry well enuff in-hse. My MIL actually intended to bring over to anotr SIL's place to wash coz can sun dry. But by the look of it... my MIL might not have the time to do so.

(continued) after I watched the 1st Mums:

It reminded me of an incident... my hubby told him (before I pregnant) that he ever have this private conversation with his mum... His first brother loves children, however his wife is too career minded and do not want any child. His mum suggested to us to give one of our children to them if we have "extra"! And my hubby agreed!! He even dare to suggest that to me!

What is this? Extra also mine wat! My fresh and bones leh! How dare they even suggest that! What do they think I am, a baby making machine?! His wife can have a career (BTW, I'm having the same pay as her) and nice figure without stretchmarks, then me have to give one of my darlings to her?! No way!

<font color="0000ff">as @ 15 Apr-05</font>
<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies To Be</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Week</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>Gender/Name</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel79</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tane</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Funny</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Meow</TD><TD>15/04/05</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sheryl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sweatcorn</TD><TD>25/04/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zyp</TD><TD>28/04/05</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carla_lily</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Florence</TD><TD>29/04/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Edie</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cmac</TD><TD>02/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sgmom</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Valerie</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>twinklets</TD><TD>04/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ariella</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>oreo</TD><TD>05/05/05</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sharon(debragoh)</TD><TD>06/05/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Reistan</TD><TD>11/05/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tan(phobe)</TD><TD>12/05/05</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>??</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>hytten</TD><TD>16/05/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bloom_tan</TD><TD>18/05/05</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bluesea</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sally</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Yingting</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>westbb</TD><TD>23/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mumof1</TD><TD>26/05/05</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elibaba</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurmom</TD><TD>28/05/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>LV</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>picnic</TD><TD>31/05/05</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>adora</TD><TD>06/06/05</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ras</TD><TD>07/06/05</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shalini</TD><TD>08/06/05</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JuneTen</TD><TD>10/06/05</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janetan</TD><TD>11/06/05</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>tankuku</TD><TD>15/06/05</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shelle</TD><TD>18/06/05</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shane</TD><TD>19/06/05</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>megtan</TD><TD>21/06/05</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherry</TD><TD>24/06/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>serrich</TD><TD>29/06/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>shekinah</TD><TD>30/06/05</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jamci</TD><TD>02/07/05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>beanbox</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jia02</TD><TD>05/07/05</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mummies</TD><TD>Pop on</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Deliver at</TD><TD>BB's Name</TD><TD>Wt </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poshies</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gerald</font></TD><TD>2.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Icemilo</TD><TD>23/03/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MEH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Melody</font></TD><TD>2.85 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohy</TD><TD>28/03/05</TD><TD>16/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Samuel</font></TD><TD>2.6 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>ming</TD><TD>31/03/05</TD><TD>08/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Isabelle</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tigger88</TD><TD>02/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.51 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>KraZy</TD><TD>03/04/05</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Cheryl</font></TD><TD>2.34 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Miata16</TD><TD>06/04/05</TD><TD>26/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Keane</font></TD><TD>3.01 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>linn</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Rayson</font></TD><TD>3.05 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Little_ones</TD><TD>07/04/05</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Girl</font></TD><TD>3.13 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>shadow</TD><TD>10/04/05</TD><TD>05/04/05</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Hayden</font></TD><TD>2.76 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piglet77
new.gif
</TD><TD>11/04/05</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>3.8 kg </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD>12/04/05</TD><TD>18/04/05</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dewdrops</TD><TD>14/04/05</TD><TD>20/04/05</TD><TD>GEH</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
legend
<font color="0000ff">MEH - Mt E, MAH - Mt. A, GEH - Gleneagles, ESH - Eastshore,</font>

<font color="ff0000">Do let me know if any of the data is incorrect, not up-to-date or left you gals out!</font>
<font color="ff0000">Anyone wants to join the list, let me know, thanks!!!</font>
happy.gif

Hi sgmom, I'm also thinking of how to wash the bumper and quilt. I have a dryer but hubby refused to let me use it on bb's stuff... It will be terrible if bb have to use it semi-dry...

Tigger: U stay in MAH right? GA caesarean. Can share with me ur bill? My hubby now considering whtr we shd to go for single or double room.

Florence - Like you. Once my mum even suggest that i give one of my child to my elder brother. He is unmarried and living in states. She say that with the child my brother will not be lonely when he is old. I tell my mum off and during that time when she suggest, my brother and hubby is also around. My brother also tell my mum off that how she can have such thinking. As for my hubby, he just keep quiet.

sgmom - same like you. From young till now, only wash my own panty. Next time, have to wash my girl girl clothes and everything. Wonder how am i going to cope. Like very "big" business. hehehe =p

piglet,
congrats!!!do show us ur bb's fotos..

sally,
even bb hiccups oso consider movement..u observe n see..must at least at 10 movements within an hr..

sgmom,
i'm so excited for u......u can see and hold ur bb next wk liao..
u can put the bumper and quilt in the washing machine..try to wash it tonite..it will be fully dry by next wk..

florence,
wow..ur job requires u to walk alot ah??maybe u will hve a vv short and easy labour due to all these walking?? but do rest if u feel tired..find tt tri 3 is usu more tiring..

i think last time ur hubby said tt cos u no pregnant yet,right?then now tt both of u are waiting for the arrival of ur precious one.......he will not bear to give one to his bro one lah....

ariella,
dont be sad...bb can feel it one leh..
like wat florence suggested,i think is a gd idea to ask ur mum to go with u for check-up n ask ur gynae to explain to her..then if she has any questions,ur gynae can answer them too..

Flo,
Ur MIL is so funny... giving away one of ur "extra" children??? We are not living in their era already leh.

Sally,
I noticed that my BB is usually active during some time in the day... like after I had my breakfast and from 8pm to 11pm kinda of timing... so I will pay extra attention to her kicks and movement.

Actually, I also try to make sure she moves during the day... if she didn't, normally I will give her a slight push, talk to her to move to assure mummy that she's ok... sometimes, she will move slightly... sometimes, she ignored me but will move 5 mins later... haahaa... so cute

Ladies - for those giving birth in MAH and hubby is driving there. You can check or ask from the nurse there to exchange for a whole day parking ticket or else if your labour very long and your hubby is accompany you, the parking fees will cost a bomb. My friend told me when he drive his wife to give birth in MAH last year. Hope there is no changes.

forgetmenot, carla - i will be taking note of it. My bb always active nowadays but she don't like to kick anymore, just pushing, shoving against my stomach. Do you both have that feeling too ? Now, she is hiccuping.

Florence,

maybe they are just joking about it.....

Krazy,

i was so annoyed with the nurses as they kept coming into the labour ward to announced that the baby is not ready to come out yet.... argrggghh.. then followed by the pestering of having epi... hahha.. i know that they meant well... but i really didn't want any epi.... so after 14hours of labour, 8 nurses were raving about how i went without epi for so long...... could hear them in my daze....... that was 3 years back... wonder if my threshold for pain is as strong this time

Hi Sally, your mum too! What are they thinking?! They also have children before and how can they think this way.

Hi forgetmenot, ya lor! Hubby keep quiet now whenever I bought up this incident.

Carla - now, i am monitoring the movement since there is not much kicking space for her in my stomach.

Mumof1 - Your threshold really very good lar. I heard that usually 2nd time will be faster than 1st time.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the comfort
happy.gif

In fact, just ytd nite I explained all the medical concern to my ma. She seem to understand and stop insisting.

After my cousin's call this morning, she start with a new approach to ask me to wait. And said if I m worried abt the higher cost in Emergency C-section she can help ("'-_-). Yes! the cost is wat I m concern abt but oso the well being of my bb. She even ask me to tell my gynae to cancel the c-section date.

I m thinking of going to my gynae later and ask her if she can diagnose why i m having a breech bb so as to have stuffs to push all my family ignorance away. I hope she can diagnose that I m have irregular uterus or wat so its a definitely C-section for me.

Florence - i think my mum mind is still living in the olden times. She don't even allow me to go home during my confinement and say she will come over to look after me in the noon at my MIL house. Very supersitious too.

<font color="0000ff">Sally</font>
My mum also told me that for my confinement, i'm not supposed to go out or bath.
But i think i can live with the rest except these 2. I'll simply ignore it. As i'll be doing confinement at my mum's place.. can't imagine how many barang barang i have to bring over... how to not go home ? I still have to open letter box... settle bills .....etc..etc... and also might have to bring bb out for checkup. So, to me, it doesn't make sense at all to be confined totally.

Ariella: Irregular uterus can only be diagnosed after they perform a c-section. That's what my gynae told me. From u/scan cannot see one. Now u can tell her it's not only abt the costs. There is an increase risk of fetal fatality if the water bag breaks &amp; u end up with prolapsed cord. Ask her if she is willing to take this risk if she is the one that's pregnant. Is it worth to take the risk that all ur mths of waiting &amp; nurturing urself goes down the drain if such an unfortunate event happen &amp; ur BB dies becoz all of them "advise" u to wait for the "miracle". I think that shd shut all of them up.

Sorry abt being so "harsh" but I think they are giving u more pressure that u already have to face. I u/std coz we share the situation. Thank god my SIL is a doc so watever medical condition we just ask her to "endorse" so that my ILs will not probe any further. As for my mom, she has a colleague who's 1st BB was also breech, &amp; she resisted having the c-section at 38wks, end up going to labour, suffer HELL alot (labour pains etc etc), e c-section &amp; end up having to pay a bomb.

Oreo - Tks for the update. As each updating you make, my heart beat faster as i am "moving" higher and higher. =p Excited and scared at the same time. How about you coz you are "moving" faster than me.

sally,
actually hor,i dunno how to differentiate bet hiccups and other movements..
sometimes i feel those vibration..anyway as long as i feel movements,then i happi liao..

ariella,
there is a reason for hving breech baby meh?i dun think so,right? but u can ask ur gynae and see wat she says..

Re:confinement
ladies,i cannot believed tt my hubby actually told mi tt he expect mi not to bath for one whole mth leh......aiyo.......how can tahan.....esp during the period where i will be doing confinement..so hot......

sally: remember the sharp pain i told u yest, today feel it also, last time slp then next morn will subside but now still there? u still have the pain regularly, did u ask ur gyane abt it?

Oreo, Sally:
I think my mum also expects me to stay at home during the confinement month. Hehee.. but I manage to convince her to go on a 8D tour during my confinement month... haahaa... so I will have less stress and conflicts with her.

oreo: my mom also tell me dun follow my hubby when he brings our BB for checkup.. coz I'm supposed to be in confinement. I told her wat rubbish. esp since i'm going for c-section, I prob have to go back to the doc to check my stitches &amp; condition on the 7th day.. then how? Ask the doc to come my hse? Then she immediately shut up. I said not as if I'm going out in spaghetti stripes &amp; hot shorts. I can always wear something more conservative to prevent myself from catching a cold. But she has to be reasonable. This is not the olden times already.

forgetmenot;
My Hb also asked if I'm going to bath... and whether he should move back home during my confinement month... Then I told him... no matter how smelly I am, he gotta endure and sleep with me on the same bed.. haahaa... and he gave me the disgusting kind of look.. haahaa...

Hi all,

This is my birth story.

8 Apr: Went for gynae's appmt in late afternoon. Justin's head is engaged liao. But I m not showing any signs of labour, although cervix is 2cm liao. Gynae asked if I wana be induced that evening. I do wanted Justin to be out, but I was not mentally prepared that day, so is my hubby..keke...so, gynae suggested me to be induced on Mon morning 9am. I said ok, but if i changed my mind and decided to wait til further signs, it's alrite too.

10 Apr: Saw some light yellowish sticky and lumpy discharge in the evening, but cant confirm it's the mucus plug, cos i tot it's supposed to be dirty red colour. No contractions then, but I can feel BB is pushing downwards more intensively that night. After discussion with hubby, decided to be induced the next day. Cos scared that I will be in labour during work.

11 Apr: (9am) Reached KKH, put on CTG for 2 hours to monitor bb's heartbeats.

(11am) Gynae came in and checked my cervix, it's already 3cm and still no pain. She broke the waterbag and put on drip that will let me start my contractions.

(1pm) Contractions are 5 mins away. Pain level acceptable. Cervix is 5cm.

(3pm) Contractions are 3 mins away. And it's getting real painful. Midwife asked if i wanted Epidural. After tolerating for the pain for 10 more mins, i finally surrender.

(5pm) Cervix is already 8cm. And i can feel pain with 2 additional doses of the epidural earlier. Midwife said cannot add further doses liao, cos i m already 8cm and my lower body has gone completely numb, she scared that I wont be able to push when i m 10cm.

(6pm) Gynae came in to check on me. Me ready to push liao. Epidural dose is lowered by half so that i will be able to feel contractions and to push.

(7pm) BB Justin is out. Weighing 3.8kg, shocking everyone in the room.

Back