(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

berry
heh ur idea about what goes into the BDAY goodie bag is great! how i wish MOST parents do that so i dun need to see those junks! i mean i dun forbid 100% but still i dun like quinn eating those. so even when he INSIST he wants candies or chocolate, i will try to locate the healthiest i can find.

PEDIASURE
i personally think it cause phlegm :p

kelly
i miss botanical garden.... but 4.30pm wont it be abit hot? what about morning?

sharon
nice to bump into u guys
happy.gif
its funny to see sharwayn laugh so sweetly when she saw quinns funny face! wahahahahaha!!!!! just now when i reach home i realized a BIG patch of paint coat on my left calf!!!!!!! alot of pp must be looking i guess!!!!!!

puff, if YX can give some hair to Jean, Jean will give some fats to YX... hahaha...

skyblue, hehe... I was teasing you lah... I just heard for some mummies, whatever #1 have, #2 also must have... eg party/blog/etc... otherwise, they dun bother to do anything for #1 so that #2 next time wun complain... wahhaa...

berry, I read that Faye likes science centre? may I know besides the waterworks, what other things do you let her see there? thanks!

lil devil, thanks for ur input on pediasure! I think so too...

pawprint, Jean is not adventurous with food/sweets... we gave her cotton candy and she screw up her face when she tasted it... hang on to it but didn't finish... end up her hands so sticky...

Re: Amosco
I tried the eclairs before... I wanted to try the blackforest rolls... but some people told me it tastes funny? Actually what's the diff between the cream puffs and the profiteroles? Hope some mummies who ordered or ate before can let me know... thanks!

jen,
I tink u didn't get my pt. Kayden will HAVE a party, jus like Kieran. To be precise, it's more a family affair, with relatives and close frens who often come into contact wif Kayden.

Lobang Queens-
Anyone got lobang for ~$120 packages? The BP package too ex- I just want simple family pics and solo pics of my girl when she turns 3yr in Oct
happy.gif
Anyone got lobang for cheap balloon sculpture person? To make more unusual stuff, my sis repertoire only covers DOGS, haha.

ooo- talk abt parties, was talking to a Mac staff. She somehow misheard me and thought I was asking abt holding party at Mac. She hinted not worth it to get their package, can just phone them to reserve certain # of seating. They'd cordon off an area, we can turn up and order food as per normal. Use our own favours and balloons lah, and bring own cake, no party coordinator for us lah. Total bill will end up cheaper lor.

skyblue
when u get online, pls IM me. thks!

pawprint
wat's ur budget for a balloon sculpture person? i know of a great fellow but he aint cheap, 2 me lah. $300 for 1hr of service including all balloons n magic show. i can bargain for u cheaper if u r keen but e lowest he offered me (for gabe's party) was $200.

he does really gd balloon sculptures. gabe juz got a lightning mcqueen car.

pawprint
if e lightning mcqueen car can still survive by tis sat, u can pop by 2 take a look. e fellow also did a heart shaped balloon, wif a small red balloon inside it (representing e heart?), perched on top of a stalk. he gave it 2 edward.

he's e guy in gabe's church kindy who entertains e kids wif his magic tricks n balloon sculptures.

Jen, there are heaps to do at science centre for the kids. Actually we only go waterworks sometimes, cause either weather is not suitable or not enough time etc. I cant really remember the exact names of the areas we go to, but there is a v nice marine aquarium, then another nearby area to see hermit crabs, mudskippers, bees, bullfrog tapoles, puffer fish etc. And thru that area you go up a spiral staircase to reach the human body exhibition- v intersting and simplified details about various body parts. This is one of Faye's fave places to check out. Can also see the various stages of a developing foetus etc.
And then another section which I cant recall the name, but its the place with the hatching eggs and hamsters/mice/turtles/etc. Quite a big area to play, and linked to that is another section which is also good for young kids, lots for them to touch/press/fiddle. These are our must-cover areas, but if you have time, there are lots more to explore.

I think except for some very advanced science for secondary sch students, at least a good 60% of the science centre is quite suitable for our preschoolers (with our explanation and elaboration of cos).

Yuru
give Cindy time to overcome her shyness, try not to push her or give her pressure, let her explore on her own if she wish to else just let it go

i'm sure even as an adult yourself, you do not like people to force you to do things against your wish right?

Yingxin is also rather shy with strangers....i will not force her if she is unwilling to play with others or greet others even though some oldies may think that I did not teach her well....but the oldies will definitely force her
sad.gif

FM...J's CC reduced the daily 2 feeds to 1 feed in the evening, and from next year onwards, nursery class, there will be no FM feeds
I was told FM is not really good anyway, some junk ingredients, so sometimes i am letting J drink fresh milk, but morning and before nite will still drink FM coz no time to warm up the fresh milk since he juz woke up/going to sleep.

Yuru,
thx for the compliments haha. But hor, now she's gone over to being BOSSY leh. Sharon was just commenting during the party on that pt, haha. I think sch does help... last time she not very "fast" at play-ground, always very careful and will hang back. Now she CHEONG ahead. I just returned from 3hrs at the Forum Shopping Centre playground- she really behaves so differently from last time. Ran about trying everything, of her own accord... some friends even commented she has alot of energy. Even as her mum, I'm amazed by the difference!

Yest at Macs, A dropped a serviette, I told her never mind, she went and flagged down a passing Mac staff auntie, "I WANT ANOTHER TISSUE! GIVE ME ANOTHER TISSUE!". Hmm, who does that sound like...
embarrassed.gif

And she really orders her lil bro about... that day she WITH-HELD *HIS* toy, kept prompting him to pronounce some complicated word. Of course he cldn't, and she announced, "Then Athena take away your toy!" and put the toy away like some stern teacher. Wah. I'm really scratching my head wondering since when I used such tactic on her? I think I use such tactic to try and get gd behaviour, but not for "SAY xyz"? Another morning she kept trying to get him to "SAY UNCLE". Maybe he's deliberately not talking much, to piss her off, hahaha! She reminds me of my very bossy elder sis when we were young, eeek.

Oh, but her sch teacher just "scolded" Athena. Recent few mths, A been putting her fingers into her own mouth, stuffing her blouse or even skirt... like mouth very "itchy"? Apparently teacher been discouraging cos unhygienic (VERY, she touches so much stuff, yikes), we at home too. So now I'm wondering if it's a manifestation of some emotional distress eg. parental neglect/ jealousy/ or I shout too much etc.

FM- 240ml-480ml diluted about half-strength? Via bottle, to sleep... still unsuccessful in weaning.

Sigh, Irvin past 1 yr still dependant on pacifier to sleep. I dunno how to wean.

Gathering
I interested too :p

science center water play area
can i check wif mummies who have been there.
Any place for them to shower and change?

Hi Pawprint
Nicole just manage to self wean herslef off pacifier abt 3 month ago only. She dun eat pacifier in sch but at home but after 3 mth she suddenly reject and have a liking to bite her own hand, she really bite hard till there is mark, really terrible.
These few week I also realise she had the liking to put the tiny finger in the mouth for no reason, which mak eme very worried cos she touch eevrything and the finger sure dirty.

Hi Yuru
for nicole sch when she first enter, they give her milk whenever she request. Now she only drink once before she take her noon nap in sch.
But at time if she try to be funny ask for more time, they will still prepare for her.

Yes, u right the bawling could be due to some envir change in sch. Nicole used to wail the moment she open her eye and when she cant find us. she will stick real hard at us. Now slight better but i tink she play too hard in sch that she got night mare often wake up at night to cry real loud or ask for milk

does cindy still cry when u send her to sch?
for me now nicole wont cry unless she not enough sleep or fuss. PIl try sending her a few time when we need to go office early she cry so loudly and refused to let them leave, I really had big problem and get worried if my HP ring.

Yuru,
Hahaha! HB was impressed that day when puff was leaving, Athena told puff of her own accord, "Thank you auntie for helping me.". Puff had helped her quite some time earlier, and A remembered!

Another day at home, she told HB, "Daddy you go and take care of the kid!". Kid = Irvin. LOL!

Yah am very delighted she's not hiding her face with her hands anymore, phew. I have no idea what prompted the change... think it's really a developmental phase or something? Just have to wait and see... our kids are still very young
happy.gif
. Now it's Irvin who buries his face in my shoulder... all those aunties at A's kindy say I never "bring him out" enough, haiz.

Wendy,
yah, she seems to be constantly looking for stuff to "chew", be it her blouse, or even pulling up her skirt hem to chew. My girl doesn't bite her own arm/ hand... but she stuffs the WHOLE hand in her mouth. I find it rather gross habit, not very nice lor. And she bites her NAILS, when I scold, can CLARIFY she's not biting her fingers but her NAILS *faint*. I even tried nailpolish to break the habit, but doesn't work leh.

Jen, Kelly
We past by Tampines Fire Station every morning before work. And everyday without fail, Yingxin would point to the building and told me "Mummy, look, you remember? Truck! Fire Engine!"

Yesterday, as we were droving past the Fire Station, she exclaimed "Mummy, you remember? Jeannieve! Gabriel! Truck! Fire Engine!"

Hhahahah, so cute.

pawprint
haha, yah, i was a little appalled at first, huh, how come Athena said thank you auntie for helping me..then i recalled that i assisted her to go up some steps and help her down etc.

yuru
gabe's drinking 5oz at morn & naptime, abt 10oz at bedtime & sometimes 5oz in e middle of e nite.

AC
tis is something new 2 me...FM is not really gd, got junk ingredients. care 2 share where u learn tis fr n wat e junk ingredients r. my boys r drinking lotsa FM.

pawprint
helium contact is fr husband. will get him 2 google again. ur GF need it urgently?

jen
i juz bought e amosco stuff recently n ate 1 eclair, 1 cream puff n 1 mini roll. dun fancy them as they r quite sweet for me. e cream puff is e same as profiterole.

wont b buying them again in e near future.

school - rhyan loves CC now, will keep telling me "Mummy, I want to go school." almost every night on our way home.

AC - rhyan's CC do not distribute the goodie bags during school hours, they will hand it to the parents / caregivers when its going home time. nanny usually keep it aside and put in rhyan's school bag, i throw away those that we don't need / will not eat when we reached home. rhyan does not like sweets etc, so he won't ask for them anyway.

FM - rhyan drinks 3 FM feeds a day for now, each 210ml - 240ml.

Gathering - i am keen to go BG too, if we can make it on the arranged date.

puff
rhyan remembers yingxin very well because of her diapers! he kept talking about yingxin whenever we pass by the fire station and there was a few days stretch when he kept saying he wants to go yingxin's house! LOL!

btw, rhyan keeps putting his fingers into his mouth recently too! i have no idea why, am still figuring it out.

littleprince
hehe, so cute! Rhyan remembers the diapers part! Yingxin is off diapers already except during bed times
happy.gif

yuru, I second what puff said. Even adults have dufferent personalities, some ppl are simply less sociable and outgoing than others, and I'm sure you are doing all that you can to encourage her to be more outgoing, but sometimes its not about what you do or dont, its about whether she is ready or not, and her personality? Like you mentioned to me about how she can be a very cooperative and a good girl in her own way right? Well, if she is a very outspoken and opinionated girl (not that THIS is a bad thing either), then she might not be as cooperative and obedient in other areas, so it all evens out at the end of the day?
I'd say just go with her flow and take her cues and be supportive about things that matters to her whenever you can.
happy.gif

pcs, there is a changing toilet just next to the waterworks, but hor, the design is such that you'll have to go thru the aircon in science centre before reaching that toilet. And there are lockers inside toilet to keep your stuff too. So I always keep everything in the locker except a towel so that when Faye is done playing and soaking wet, I can wrap her with towel before I run thru the aircon into the toilet for changing.

puff, yar lor, there will always be strangers who will judge mums based on what they see for that 5 seconds. But I remind myself that it matters more what my child thinks of me, than what a stranger thinks of me. Not always easy to remmeber, but I try haha :p

berry
yes, now i try not to let strangers stares or comments bother me, if they were to say something unpleasant, i'd act defensively...hehe

yuru
IMO, so long Cindy is growing and learning, i guess it is not so critical that she is not participating in a group? anyway, they are still so young! they have lots more opportunities ahead, dun worry so much

wow i so envy most of the toddler here is talking so well. I know i cant compare by just cant help envying. Nicole can speak better more thing then last time but not as much as the kids here and still not so clear.

pawprint
yes yes she chew on all thing. sometime i wonder is it becos of jeralyn tat nicole had such action. jerlayn is teething now and she eat watever on her hand so i wonder is nicole following her. on weekend, when jeralyn had her milk feed nicole insist she wan too.
yes it look gross esp wif all the saliva and the dirty finger but i got hard time to stop her

Yuru
yes the word "late" is so common to us. our time is all depend on nicole.My hubby is late most of the time, cos he drop nicole follow by me by then he will be late abt 15min.
sometime nicole had hard time wakign up or fuss all these take most of the time. The traffic oso play a part

puff
u pass by the fire station everyday? we too it a must road for us. The TPE is a big jam for us, do you have the same problem?

yuru, my advice is to let her be, to encourage regularly but not be pushy, to listen and to honour her feelings the way you would want it if you were her. Thats just my opinion.
happy.gif

hi yuru
no worry, it a passing phase since they go sch. believe me I gone thru this and Nicole now on and off still like tat.

Teacher tell me she follow her watever she go and can even go room to room to search for me. At home she will wan me to sit wif her every moment. No toy, colourign book or tv can let her sit still alone. At time I so sick till lose my cool to her nad ask her to go to her daddy.
wat ever u ask her do she will say "mai mai" in hokkien pengz!! dunno where she learn tat word.
but now teacher feedback she interact more and get cheeky alry. But no matter wat when she go to new place she still need to warm up before she interact, by then we gog off haha...

yes agreed saying is much more easy then action but I alway remind myself not to compare but in my heart it hard not to lor.
so dun worry ok everything will be fine

yuru, heh Faye is definitely not into playing with friends in sch too, if it helps you feel more reassured haha. She will usually play alone, but she doesnt quite mind if friends join her (there is a girl in her class who likes and follows her around alot), just that she will not initiate. she also relates better to adults than peers. I read and her teachers both tell me that its 100% normal for kids w/o siblings to be like that, nothing wrong at all. I believe that with time, she will learn to make friends too, so I'm not really worried, more like amused actually. :p

playing with friends-
the other time her report book (waaah, LOL!) said she's not very gd at playing with classmates lor. She has a "bestfren" (my bestfren's daughter, haha, we like to dump the kids together then us mums jabok!)... doesn't really play together either- listening to them is like listening to 2 different radio channels at same time. Different language and different topic!

RAINCOAT- I've been wanting to ask this for a while, kept fogetting! Where can I get a nice raincoat for Faye? All the raincoats I see are for v big kids leh. Apparently she is required to bring a raincoat along when she goes for her first excursion next week and I have no idea where to find one.

Raincoats,
I have seen them for sale at Taka kids department/ Kiddy palace/Spotlight you can check them out. -Spotlight also has nice kids aprons.
happy.gif

HOwever haven't gotten any for Ryan as they do not need raincoats on excursions. This is the 1st time I heard this request for it.

Berry, I have seen raincoats at OG Orchard Point. I bought Ethan a Thomas the Tank Engine one from Taka during the baby fair in March, but i've seen it in OG before and it's the same price. S$9.90.

kelly...there is no "source" as i heard this from a frend and i agreed with her,
that the usual FM contain a lot of added vitamins, but these are sytnthetic vitamins, meaning they do not perform the same functions in the body as compared to vitamins found naturally in whole food...for our kids, they are supposedly getting majority(altho not all) of the vitamins/minerals they need from their food intake, as compared to when they were younger and more dependant on FM

and FM is quite sweet, so there is a certain amount of sugar content, but then again, kids also need certain level of sugar for the daily activities, so it's not a bad thing

natural products(supplements or milk) will be good but it is costly lor
so for us, we gave J both FM and fresh milk
happy.gif

yuru...J recently also said "i dun know" when he played with his toys that need to assemble, but we keep telling him "dun say i dun know, you know how to do it, so say i know" and we said the "i know" part a bit drama kind
he understood and now he will tell us "i don't know" with a VERY cheeky look, and i will not help him, then he continue to assemble the toy, and said "i know"

i guess they know wat they are doing most of the times, but need our assurance that they are doing it right. Once they are shown a few times, they will be more confident to do it on their own
happy.gif

yuru
actually hor, Rhyan says he want to go to school but when he reaches school, he will want me to carry him to look for the cook. the cook dotes on him very much so when she sees Rhyan coming, she will put down what she is doing to carry him. then, Rhyan will ask her to sing "pai pai zhuo, chi kuo kuo!". so, they will go to the classroom area and sit down to sing this with the other children.

very funny but he doesn't play with the other kids too, i believe its normal at this age lor. and, another strange thing is, he loves Barney and watches the vcds at home but when he goes to school and Barney is on TV, he is not interested at all. even the cook mentioned to me she finds it strange that he is not interested to watch TV at all.

Raincoat- thanks alot mummies, we shall go rain coat hunting this weekend! :D

yuru, sometimes, they just want us to do some things for them not because they really cant do it, but more as a form of assurance for them that our love is unconditional, you know wat I mean? Like the week Faye started school, she was feeling quite insecure, so she would seek assurance by asking specifically ME to get things for her, do things for her all the time. I felt that she just needed me to 'prove' my love, and she just needed to know that even though she is growing up fast, she is still my baby. Of course at times when I am tired, its very frustrating when she drops a spoon and insists that I pick it up for her, or she insists that I walk across the room to fetch her bottle for her when she is free and I am busy. But I try to remind myself to not look at her words/actions, but to look behnid that and see what her heart is trying to say. She obviously needs to know that I am there for her. So I did all I could, and true enough, this behaviour soon trailed off on its own once she feels secure again.

yuru
there are many mornings when Rhyan keeps continuing to play with his toys in his room when we are waiting at the door to go out, much as he says he want to go to school. i usually try other tactics like challenging him to race to the door etc to get him out of the house. so far, it works because he loves to race. maybe can find some other tactics to attract her to leave the house sooner?

kelly
is it cheaper to order direct from Amosco? do you know how to do it? i ordered some mini cakes from Kylie in the forum, for my colleagues and they love them so much. i was thinking to give them Amosco's direct contact if it is cheaper. thks!

lil prince
it's cheaper 2 order fr amosco but e quantities r big. if u recall, i held an unsuccessful BP cos i need pp 2 gather orders. i cant possibly finish 1 cartoon of mini rolls consisting of (42 rolls x 4packs) or 1 cartoon of mini pizza (12pieces x 24packs). if i not wrong, e min order is $100. cant recall if it's 2 self-collect or free delivery.

if u can get enuff pp 2 combine orders, it's cheaper 2 buy direct fr amosco but u must call them in adv 2 make sure they hv stocks. dun gather orders then realise tat amosco has no stocks.

AC
wat u shared makes a lot of sense n ur frend sounds like berry. i can always count on berry 2 share such insight on stuff.

kelly...oh yes berry did mentioned the same thing before, but you can find such info easily on the web by searching for "natural vs synthetic vitamins"...
i am sure glad i have many frends who can shared such knowledge with me, coz i's a lazy bum when it comes to reading
happy.gif

AC
hahahah, tat makes me another lazy bum too. i dun even know abt junk ingredients in FM until u mentioned it. anyway, wat u shared makes sense. will offer more fresh milk 2 gabe.

yuru
i use my microwave n put under high 45secs-1min. i dunno abt temp. pai seh.

Back