(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

dillydally getting to sch-
I tell her, "u dun wan to c Marcus in sch ah???". :p Sometimes works leh, hahaha!

BALLET-ish wearable clothes! Ahgirl wants ballet "dress"- but leotard and that see-thru tulle skirt and white tights abit too much for going gai-gai leh. Anyone know where to get more sensible versions that look somewhat like that???

I confirmed TRIAL sessions for my kids, feel free to hop on if anyone interested... but pls make arrangements urself cos I can't coordinate, sorry!
happy.gif

Wed-18-july, 1015-11am (WOBBLERS ~13mth olds). 5-6pm (GYMSTERS ~2.5yr olds). $30 each trial, parent-accompanied, socks needed for adults but not kids. My Gym @ Marine Parade. Blk 86 Marine Parade Central, #01-670B (opposite NTUC Fairprice). T: 6440 9916 [email protected]

wendypooh
yes, we pass by the fire station everyday and the jam at TPE is horrible
sad.gif
more and more cars on the road now

yuru
if you noticed at the party, Yingxin also played on her own and does not join in the group.....no matter how i urged her and carried her to sing along etc....well, in the end, i let her be
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Need advice... if Jean is coughing, can she start to take Sambucol? Or must wait till completely recovers *which is I dunno when*?

AC, do you give Justin UHT milk as well? Or just fresh (those from chiller compartment)?

yuru
ehh.... i tot both the same just that 1 i plain and the other with character?? quinn is using the plain (top pix) for his water and i got itfrom kiddy palace. isetan has it too.

VCD
for mummies who dun mind their kids watching, i have 2 to rec. 1 is WOW Thats what i call nursery rhymes from little learners. they sing in very fun way. sort of hip hop to me but with animation and very up beat too. i guess our kids are bored with typical nursery (at least for quinn) and he loves this alot and will dance and and follow accordingly

and the other is TAOSHU the warrior boy. ths has afew volume. i bot 2 for quinn, 1 is talking about chinese festival which i find its good so he can learn about it. and the other is about FAMILY love like must share with sibblings, being nice to people and such. and also learning cultures and such.

https://www.abbeykids.co.uk/store/browse/view.php?Id=649
http://www.nicksplat.com/Tvshows/Showsinfo/Nicktoons/Tao_shu,_the_warrior_boy/

yuru
ehh.... i tot both the same just that 1 i plain and the other with character?? quinn is using the plain (top pix) for his water and i got itfrom kiddy palace. isetan has it too.

VCD
for mummies who dun mind their kids watching, i have 2 to rec. 1 is WOW Thats what i call nursery rhymes from little learners. they sing in very fun way. sort of hip hop to me but with animation and very up beat too. i guess our kids are bored with typical nursery (at least for quinn) and he loves this alot and will dance and and follow accordingly

and the other is TAOSHU the warrior boy. ths has afew volume. i bot 2 for quinn, 1 is talking about chinese festival which i find its good so he can learn about it. and the other is about FAMILY love like must share with sibblings, being nice to people and such. and also learning cultures and such.

yuru

VCD

Jen...I gave J fresh milk(from chiller) coz i love to drink fresh milk and usually will stock up at home
sometimes i add cornflakes + rasins with fresh milk and he loves it...can also add apples with rasins, or any fruits
happy.gif

yuru
me too cant find the bottle anymore think they are replacing with the insulator type.
How cindy in sch now?

puff
u right the TPE jam is gettig worse esp now road work. counting down the day when we say goodbye to TPE haha..

littleprince
Hi 5, we too use the "chase & catch" method to make nicole leave the hse. We are alway late for work due to the kid time.

AC
see yur post i gettign more worried, nicole refuse fresh milk and she rely very much on FM esp now when her sis drink she oso want.

kelly
i wan to thank you again for recommending Dr Tay to us. He is really a nice doc. Jeralyn down wif sudden fever on Sat evening, we went to see Dr tay on sun nite and no one know wat cause the fever but we suspect is teething. the fever continue non stop yest and we see him again last night he assure us it normal and there is no need for any med he tell us all the possible cause and wat are the solution very patient and guess wat he din charges us any fee last nite and sat fee was not too high too.
crossign my finger tight i dun need to see him tonight again.

any idea teething cause fever? I really cant rem much during nicole time such a failure mum.

wendypooh
u r most welcome. then both of us must thank sharon cos she recommended dr tay 2 me. frankly husband wasnt pleased wif dr tay for some time cos he felt charges were ex. but i m inclined towards dr tay cos he has tat device 2 measure lungs lah. now can also use CDA 2 pay for medical bills at his clinic so lagi betta. we r back 2 seeing him.

Hi Kelly / Sharon,
Ya then must really thank sharon on sharign the info wif us.
yes we feel his charges was ex when nicole see him the last time but wif antibiotic naturally sure high so no choice. For Jeralyn case was tat day sun not much doc on duty and I personnally feel comfort wif Dr tay so I suggest to go back to him. Tat day charges was ok cos nornal med. He say if fever still not well by today tonight have to see him again to collect anti biotic so i guess the damage is here haha.... we din used CDA cos use tat for nicole sch fee.
Last night i call to check and guess his assistant alry got the appt and when we reach he immediate see us although got another patient waiting.

Hi yuru
congrats to u, cindy is making some improvement. give her someime she will be a happy kid alry.

oh...gabe does feel feverish when his molars were sprouting. i dunno abt e temp cos i dun measure but definitely not high enuff 4 me 2 b alarmed. i juz keep him cool by dressing him lightly, give him cold drinks n ice cream.

edward also feels feverish lately when 2 teeth were cutting thru at e same time. my mum noticed it too. like gabe, i dress him lightly n give him cold stuff 2 chew on.

yuru
Yingxin is still attending half day CC, no budget for full day and i find full day may be too tiring for her

she is slightly betta now, thanks

Eh, I really wanna get a pair of birks from http://www.footshopping.com/ cause its sold out locally. But need ard 4 pairs to qualify for free shipping, anyone keen ah?

BTW, the pair that I got for Faye some time back is really great, it holds up extremely well (due to the er.. 'adventures' that Faye embarks on, her shoes rarely hold up well beyond 6 months), a v worthwhile purchase.

kelly
hey wheres this dr tay?? and how is his charges like? hes a gp or pd? paiseh so many questions :p as i find its good to know where are those good doctors.

berry
which model is faye wearing tat u said is good? i am currently looking for 1 too.

GOOD QUESTION
i believe most mummies here already experienced the "WHY" phase from our darlings but today quinn asked me something which i find it funny. i was drying him after shower but he ran off in his bday suit. so i say "hey quinn, please dry urself else u will catch a cold". so when dressing him he pop the question "why is it call catch a COLD and not catch a HOT"?? i was like ummm....
happy.gif
happy.gif

ASTHMA
can anyone tell me symptoms of asthma? In 1yr old? Irvin seems to be wheezing after he vomited just now. I dunno why he vomitted either. Will bring him to tuina yishi tomorrow morn to check it out, if ok, will proceed activities planned for tomorrow. If not, will SMS to inform.

lil devil
tis dr tay is fr Karri Family Clinic. he's at tamp central community centre, 3rd flr. i dun hv his unit no but he's stuck in e corner, near kumon. tel no is 67850311.

i mentioned abt him in tis thread b4. he gave us his personal HP n he has tat device 2 measure e lungs. i prefer 2 bring edward 2 c him than 2 c dr loke cos whenever edward had bad phlegmy cough, i wanna make sure lungs r clear. he opens at 830am n i usually call 2 make an appt 1st so whenever i get there, i dun hv 2 wait 4 long. e receptionist Za knows me liao.

i cant give u a breakdown of his charges cos i dunno. husband complains he's ex but compared 2 PD, he's definitely cheaper.

after my bad experience wif dr cecilia lee, husband dun like dr loke (cos she charges $30 per head so gabe n edward already $60 damage) n i not too comfortable wif dr yap (an old ah pek GP near my plc who is very gd but his medication always too strong 4 edward), we r left wif dr tay lor.

he's a GP, not PD n edward has been seeing him tgt wif gabe. in fact i dun c e need 4 edward 2 c a PD ever since my bad experience wif e 1st PD. it was also a hassle when i bring edward 2 c his PD n had 2 bring gabe 2 c a GP. so in e end, both see a GP now.

lil devil
tis dr tay is fr Karri Family Clinic. he's at tamp central community centre, 3rd flr. i dun hv his unit no but he's stuck in e corner, near kumon. tel no is 67850311.

i mentioned abt him in tis thread b4. he gave us his personal HP n he has tat device 2 measure e lungs. i prefer 2 bring edward 2 c him than 2 c dr loke cos whenever edward had bad phlegmy cough, i wanna make sure lungs r clear. he opens at 830am n i usually call 2 make an appt 1st so whenever i get there, i dun hv 2 wait 4 long. e receptionist Za knows me liao.

i cant give u a breakdown of his charges cos i dunno. husband complains he's ex but compared 2 PD, he's definitely cheaper.

after my bad experience wif dr cecilia lee, husband dun like dr loke (cos she charges $30 per head so gabe n edward already $60 damage) n i not too comfortable wif dr yap (an old ah pek GP near my plc who is very gd but his medication always too strong 4 edward), we r left wif dr tay lor.

he's a GP, not PD n edward has been seeing him tgt wif gabe. in fact i dun c e need 4 edward 2 c a PD ever since my bad experience wif e 1st PD. it was also a hassle when i bring edward 2 c his PD n had 2 bring gabe 2 c a GP. so in e end, both see a GP now.

Hi kelly,
yes agreed, he is good enough to be a PD in my view. Jeralyn see him for 3 day in a row, on the 2nd day he check thru her nad found nothign wrong just fever so give us 3 option, to wait, to start antibiotic, come back on 3rd day to see any rash. he very frank wif us and say wat he diagnose might not be right totally but he feel jeralyn condition cna still wait so we choose to wait. he din charges us a single cent for 2 visit.true enough on the 3rd day jeralyn had rash all over her body we bring her back and he cfm is fasle mealses. we really very glad that he make the right diagnose and give us time to wait b4 starting any med. What I like most abt him is he is patient and never rush in hos session. oh ya he was surprise tat we went all the way from punggol, he had forgetton abt nicole case so ask me how i know him. I tell him nicole croup case and it kelly recomendation hahaha... then he say i must rem u all from now on so funny. quick kelly go collect comission from him

little devil
i feel his fee is case to case type tat time nicole took 3 med + 1 antibiotic cos abt $50 over
tat day jerlayn took 3 normal med cos $32 then 3 rd day took 2 med (1 of them is orginal [packaging) cos $24 i feel this charging still ok.
ya agreed with kelly, the waiting time is very fast. on my 2nd day i call to ask on fever he ask me to go down again, and when i reach i immediately went in cutting another patient q cos jeralyn havign fever. her assistant had alry get the appt card ready waiitng for us

kelly / yuru
actually i am not so call DUN trust gp as i believe either pd or gp, there are good and bad ones. for quinn his usual pd is DR ANTHONY CHEE. hes good and quinn likes him alot and he really check very very thoroughly and so far he handle all cases well. then that old DR WOON that handle quinns recent hospitalisation case is good too, just that hes super expensive!!! and as for that DR LOKE in tampines, she really disappoint me big time, even with me briefing her quinns medical history and even brot quinn back to her for second checkup, she still make such mistake. so i guess not all pd is experience with young children cases and not all gp is not pro enough for children. for quinns usual pd, if 3 med + 1 antibiotic, it will cost me $100 ++ and i cant imagine how much if its dr woon.

SOMETHING TO SHARE
ok, it has nothing to do with any mummies here BUT i really feel i should share something i've been thru all these while. if any mummies can remember, i ever post a question asking who has really good gynae. since mine cant cure my VERY persistant YEAST INFECTION *and i am still fighting it* and that was like 1 year back, i remember i started to get this problem around august last year. besides experiencing what a infected person supposed to have, other issues / symptom slowly pile up.

SYMPTOMS I HAVE:

1) cheese like discharge *sorry if theres any MALE readers here*
and this is the most initial symptom.
2) Fatigue and chronic fatigue
3) Muscle ache
4) pain in some joints
5) Constipation or diarrhea
6) Bloating, belching, intestinal gas and/or abdominal pain
7) Poor memory, foggy thinking or feeling "spacey"
8) Frequent mood swings
9) Loss of sexual desire or feeling
10) skin problems
11) hair seems to drop more
12) feeling depress
13) very frequent cold *i got t like every month*
14) anxiety

the above is more or less what i experience and i kept going back to my gynae for problem no. 1 since i take all the other problem lightly or should i say i try my very best to hadle it though its been really difficult. i guess people who see me will NOT even notice theres anything wrong but what i can say is its really suffering. so i started doing my own research about it and came across this thing call CANDIDA. What Is Candida?
A fungus is a microscopic organism that typically lives harmlessly in people. However, if your inner ecosystem is out of balance and your immunity is weakened, you are at risk for a fungal infection, like candida (also known as a yeast infection).
A single-cell organism, candida reproduces asexually and thrives on some of the body's by-products: dead tissue and sugars from food. Unless its environment is altered and its source of food is eliminated, it quickly monopolizes entire body systems, such as the digestive tract, and causes moderate to severe symptoms. so i started to monitor myself and realized that if i ate food like cheese, mushroom, sweet stuff like cakes, it make me feel worst! and i really suspect myself having CANDIDA. so i print out a stack of infor for my gynae visit but he seems not too interested in it though my pap smear result shows that my yeast infection contain CANDIDA. since my gynae so sure that its just ANOTHER bout of yeast infection, i just leave it to him. but after months of suffering, i really cant take it anymore so i again do some detailed research and my symptoms almost fit every single one stated so i search for a cure. it says theres few ways of doing it.

1) with strict diet that minimize sugar and carbo *yeast feeds on them*
2) have a good routine of resting and such.
3) have a good probiotic (this is very imp)
4) can combine with a candida cleansing pills

so i order myself a probiotic online as alot people benefit from it, no joke and it really works like magic on me. and when i starts taking the probiotic, what i can say is i NEVER felt so healthy after all these months! so full of energy and all symptoms minimize. i am so glad that i persist searching for an answer though my gynae didnt give me any CLEAR answer. and i really hope to share with u gals and really hope that i will benefits from all those measures i take.
happy.gif

lildevil,
yah, yeast infection have to control wt (obesity), sugar (even chocs if too much sugar in choc), carbo, dun take baths only showers, change out of wet clothing quickly (swimming), dun use pantyliners (esp scented ones), dun wear nylon undergarments (choose cotton), dun wear tight pants (serious, haha, anything that traps heat/ moisture). Take more yogurt (in some home remedies the application of natural unsweetened yogurt directly inside)/ probiotics.

Kanna before too, understand the discomfort. For women, main issues there wld be yeast or UTI. I just remember for 1 I eat more yogurt, for the other I drink more cranberry, hahaha. :p

SCHOOL PHOTO!!!
My ahgirl right centre front row, hehe. Cos she's still the smallest in cohort, sigh. Must get round to scanning and posting here- then can have "Spot how many pom-poms" contest, LOL.

YURU,
I WANT 1 set of that. Can add-on another?
Show Me Your Smile! A Visit to The Dentist
ISBN 0689871694 Simon Paperback (2 to 8)
WB Price: $6.45

Am opting postage! :D

pawprint
yes, its really annoying BUT what u mentioned above is just PART of whats affecting me leh, as that the initial stage but it PROGRESS to more and more serious symptom...... affecting physical as well as mental too. its really shocking to me how much it affects me *besides the discharge which is the normal symptom* as i didnt know it causes much more serious symptom in me. imagine that just by doing my daily chores seems soooo...... mission impossible for me!!! really feel like screaming and even some noise is enough to send my head spinning *anxiety as 1 of the symptom* not a day seems easy to me though its just a simple day. but at least now i sort of see some light
happy.gif
past few months are really hell for me lah, dun even feel like going anywhere and i look TERRIBLE!

lil devil, wow that was an eye opener. I never knew that yeast infection is so serious. I've always thought that its just some mild skin irritation. Thanks for sharing.

Spot How Many Pom-poms! :p Very serious type of photo leh, everyone in front row have "hands on lap". She's the only one w/o white canvas shoes- that day went Bata find, dun have her size cos her feet small lor.
890376.jpg

<font color="aa00aa">pawprint,</font>
wow, Athena is getting prettier each day! She looks chubby too.

Shanice's PG group photo is coming Friday. still can't decide to tie her hair up or not. till now still can't master tying her hair nicely. too little hair lah.

Yuru, no worries, thx for letting me know!
happy.gif

ohhh... apparently, when our kids are older, not so safe to openly broadcast online the name of the kindy/ schs/ frequent hang-outs in case of *nutheads*. By right I shldn't be posting any pics of her in uniform, but I cant resist sharing the pic, so changed to greytone (cant see colour), blur general design lor.

But still can count how many pom-poms, yah? LOL.

little devil
i had the infection on May and it lasted for a month! Gosh, i felt so terrible then.

Went to the doctor several times and i was presribed with Candiderm ointment and suppository to insert twice a day! It was hell to me cos that medication stings badly.

puff,
hehe 2 on each side for head. plus 1 on each side for socks. SIX pom-poms, LOL!

Lucky her hair not very long, or else she may ask for 2 *braids*. Braid can put hairband at top and bottom hor? :p Cannot imagine if 8 pom-poms on her head.

wah, that must have been very serious, i never got that bad, and already hate it!

yuru,
err, yahlor. Wat to do, with my personality, my HB or my offspring cannot be famous personalities or politicians or what, all the "history" will be dug up, very jialat! And if Athena decides to go for plastic surgery, then denies it, very easy to trace!

Yuru, opps you asked me before? Sorry I missed out. :p anyway, Faye is wearing the aruba butterfly in birko-flor from this page: http://www.footshopping.com/main.cfm?MI=31&wgid=850&MID=22339 Its water repellent wan, so when we go to parks and playgrounds, she can splash in puddles to her heart's content! Actually I thought that birks are mostly worn for comfort, so even other ranges/types for kids should not be uncomfortable.
Tomato- hmmm I am not sure about tomato actually. But why dont you use vinegar? Cause you scared will affect the taste ah? If so, dont worry, cause one little splash is not going to make a diff in terms of taste, really not detectable wan.

little devil
tks for sharing info on yeast infection.
i know i have yeast infection since last year (from a regular health check).
I havent got the time to see a gynae to do proper treatment. I have ALL the symptoms u have mentioned. I thought it was due to the lack of excercise nvr did i ever suspect it was due to yeast infection.
by the way can share which probiotic did u order? I'm very weak when its comes to doing research on internet. TIA

yuru
ha!! its true that smetimes the more we know the more we worry. i guess last time our parents can take things rather easy and relax as they are not like todays parents.

puff
YES!!! suppository really horrible! i feel so so so uncomfy, sting till almost numb!

berry / yuru
i guess the only one which looks appopriate for quinn will be:

http://www.footshopping.com/main.cfm?MI=31&wgid=851&MID=22339
Aruba camouflage, material: Birko-flor (Birkis)

boys has very limited choice AGAIN! heee...

berry, since the one that faye has has no heel strap, is she okie with it? i mean like she has any problem like the sandal slip off her feet and such?

pcs
oh dear, i tot i am the only unfortunate one. as SIMPLE yeast infection can be quite easy to treat but if its more serious, its pretty much a huge headache, at least for me! for me those cream or suppository seems quite useless to me, i mean if i use it i will be okie and my gynae also gave me oral med. for both hubby and me, so that i will not catch it from him after i recover *hubby sure will get it from me* BUT again its pretty useless, after the treatment i am okie but will reoccur again and again, my visits to my gynae really burn a HUGE hole in my pocket. so u are experiencing those symptom too? *pat pat* feel very hopeless right? and my symptoms seems to get worst. ranging from 1 *slightest* to 10 *serious* i think i will rate mine 8!!!! sometimes during bad days, i can just sit there, feeling restless the whole day and i can only MANAGE to do very basic *must do* chores like taking care of quinn, cant even even playing with him, feel so very lousy and guilty. why not pay ur gynae a visit and see how, i stop as i already did that million times and its useless. maybe urs can be resolve? for the probiotic, i order from iherb:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=3620&at=0

alot of good review from it and i really feel the difference when i compare with taking other probiotic. and i just received my latest order and this time round i add on this to see if it will help me more.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=462&at=0

lil devil, the one I bought for Faye has a heel strap.

yuru, the one I got for Faye is v comfy, cause for this model, all straps are fleece-lined on the inside, so it acts as a soft cushion, she can run and jump and do 'acrobatics' quite effectively in it hehe.

Eh, so you guys wanna do a birk spree? Need maybe one or two more pairs only to qualify free shipping. I can doit if got enuf pairs. Getting anything for yourself?

me & my photobooks-
just rec'd my Vol 2!
They changed the paper to a better one compared to Vol 1. Vol 1 was rather DARK in print colours.
I adjusted Vol 2 much brighter, and turned out VIVID! So pleased that now the Vol 1 is an eyesore to me... I want to tweak n resubmit to replace Vol 1 leh. But so ex hor?
sad.gif
sad.gif

confused yet? :p Vol 1 spans 1 yr from pregnancy with Athena. Vol 2 spans 1 yr after that and includes Irv's birth. Now WIP on Vol 3.

pawprint,
er...didnt c ur vol2 so cant compare. sorry cant help much. frankly i like ur photobook. lotsa pics but says a lot abt athena's growing up.

pawprint
IMO, it's not abt e $$ 2 replace vol 1. do u hv e time n effort? i read abt how u do ur vol 1-3, already so hei hei chuan. u 1 2 go thru vol 1 again?

Back