(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

crupmy...may i know who is ur gynae...since we are in the same hospital....mayb we are seeing the same gynae leh. Mayb juz tell me which flr can oredi...

guess jan... wah, u din log in for days eh? crumpy is seeing the same doc as us.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">sybil,</font>
sorry to hear that. take care &amp; remember, if u need anyone to talk to, u can always pop by here.

actually, i'm curious abt what happened, that is, if u wld like to share, so we can take note as well. cos it seems that u'r already in 2nd trimester
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Can you give some examples of a menu based on a whole foods approach? </font>

During pregnancy, in the first and last trimesters especially, women experience an "energy drain". They will experience cravings -- and often satisfy them with highly processed simple carbohydrates that provide short term satisfaction and energy, and then are fatigued again in a short time.

Whole foods (or less processed foods) will provide satisfaction and sustained energy, because they contain complex carbohydrates, fiber, protein and important trace minerals.

For example, orange juice (a highly processed food) will act faster for increased energy, and let you down faster. Applesauce, because it contains more water, fiber and original nutrients, will provide more sustained energy. A Whole apple or orange would be even better.

The water, nutrients and fiber of intact foods are also good for alleviating constipation, a condition many women experience during pregnancy.

For breakfast I'd recommend cooked oatmeal or another whole grain cereal with sliced almonds (to provide essential fatty acids) with soy or almond milk, and a sliced banana and raisins for added sweetness.

Or another breakfast suggestion, a California sandwich: Sprouted grain bread with humus spread on one side and mustard on the other, avocado, tomato, romaine lettuce, sprouts, cucumber, or whatever of that combination appeals to you and is easy for you to digest. This would make a good lunch as well.

For lunch or as a light meal before running, I suggest potatoes or yams. Baked potatoes with avocado is a wonderful combination. For nutritious lunches and dinners, I include beans or rice, and tofu, with raw vegetables. One of my favorites is a tostada, with a baked corn tortilla, and layers of beans, rice, corn, veggies and fresh salad ingredients, topped with salsa.

Fruits are a great snack, and should be eaten several hours before or after a meal. Because fruits are digested and eliminated rapidly, it doesn't work well to have them mixed with more complex foods.

If you must have chips, or crackers, I encourage you to choose the baked variety, rather than the fried versions.

Almond milk-based shakes are a nutritious and wonderful snack. Almond milk is made from a blend of 1/4 to 1/2 cup of almonds, soaked 24 hours in water, then blended in a food processor or blender with 1 cup of water. And when you crave sugar, you can add a good vegetable protein powder, one that has no dairy products (whey casein) along with whole fruit, dates flax seed, raisins, lecithin, aloe vera gel, even romaine lettuce and sprouts, for a nutritious, satisfying drink. You will be surprised that these ingredients will be so delicious. The key to this drink is that it is mostly whole and raw food with all it's nutrients immediately available to absorption.

<font color="0000ff">What are some other healthy alternatives for snacks and cravings? </font>

Pack a small ice chest to take with you during the day -- for your workplace or doing errands in the car. I would include small rice cakes topped with humus (see recipe) or baba ganoosh, fresh veggies like jicama, carrot, or celery sticks, easy-to-snack-on fruits, like strawberries and grapes. I would also recommend that you avoid wheat- based products (like breads, crackers) as much as possible. These foods are highly processed and tend to create fatigue and other health problems.

<font color="0000ff">
What else would you want pregnant women to know?
</font>
I want to stress that now is the time to really start paying attention to how you feel, and to discover how your diet affects your energy level. As a regular practice, take a few moments to ask yourself before you eat anything, "Will this really satisfy and take care of me?" As you become more sophisticated about your body's energy levels, you will come to view tiredness as a healthy signal to slow down and rest -- not to pop a diet coke!

Journaling is a great way to notice your eating habits, and how you feel after eating certain foods. For example, do you notice that you feel more tired after eating certain kinds of foods? What foods make you feel more energetic?

There is also great wisdom and benefit to shifting into whole foods and healthful eating during pregnancy -- you are starting good habits that will benefit you and your family long after the baby is born.

hey i am only in my 17 weeks and since then i gained so much. my org weight was 45. now is 50. tat is very scary

sybil,
Very sorry for wat happened.. Pls take care and have yr mini confinement.. It helps to build back yr constitution.. Mind sharing wat happened? I mean when u feel better
sad.gif
God Bless U &amp; Take Care of yr bb in Heaven

Btw, have u named yr bb? or noe his/her gender? Pls B STRONG.. bb will b heartpain to see mummy sad.. U take care K.. Hope to see u soon in tis thread again

hi all,

sybil,
sorry to hear abt the loss, please be strong, take care of yourself and build up your health now.

angelia,
i went to see my gynae just now. i am at week 26 day 1, and my baby is 888g. i put on so much weight!! first trimester only 2kg, 2nd trimester 8kg, so in total gained 10kg already!
sad.gif

mngo,
same here...i was 44-45kg before preg and 50 now and only 19 weeks...i oso abit scared...

Jen,
dun worry, you'll be regaining your weight when your appetite gets better...

seems like my weight goes up pretty fast during the first trimester even though i did not eat much... sigh. i am targetting to have addtional 13-15kg increase in weight.

Slk/mngo,
i also gained abt 2-3kg in my first trimester despite the fact that i din't eat much and got diarrhea quite often too...
Let's hope and pray hard that most of the excess weight will be gone once we give birth...

do u gals notice that u eat particularly more during a certain time? i find that in order to curb my nauseous feeling, i keep eating something the whole morning, almost every hour... but after lunch, i can last till 4pm before i need to "eat" again...

melody_vin (melody_vin) ,

dun envy lah...... i also put on alot weight too, 8.5kg to date, 2molo see gynea liao, dun know will he shock and comment about my weight gain...... i tik by rite in 2nd trime, each week weight gain should be about 0.45kg, but mine for these 2 weeks is about 0.7kg!!!!!?????? URRRGG!!!!!! i also abit scare leh........

guess jan (guess) ,

yah, i have my pix in the previous page and thanx for ur compliment too.....
happy.gif

sybil (sybil) ,

move on strong!!!!!!!!

Dear aLL,

i tik most preggy the same, i also wat, 1st trime only gain 0.68kg, so if u calculate my up to date weight increased is 8.5kg, u will know all my gain is from 2nd trime, ard week 20 also i tik.... it jus keeps shooting!!!!!!!!!

chihiro (sen) ,

dun say fat, we are jus putting on more for the sake of bb mah.......... *whenever i feel fat i will say tat to myself* ha!!!!!!!!! but i tik its true, as we are now having a mission!!!!! so to put on weight is like a package, bo bian.....

Berry (berrywife) ,

thanxs for the compliment....but i do tik tat skin is more radient after preggy.... my hubby says he tiks tat its becos i use to be a smoker and after know tat got bb, stop mah, so skin better, i tik tat might be the reason to it.......

mngo (mngo),

i always cared pp tik that my hubby is younger than me, as i feel tat women age faster...... NOT FAIR!!!!! and i also scared afetr birth, i will look haggard!!!!!! me 28yrs old, hubby 30 yrs old.

kypf (ktpf),

i tik its good to take pix, for memory mah, and u.s site, they always have those tummy pix posting, so interesting.... but in singapore, dun hav leh.....tats y i tot of starting one in this forum, for us the yr end mum... ANYONE INTERESTED????!!!!!

Oranges (oranges) ,

I always tik that preggy is always beautifull in their very own way....... anyway, we only look like tat for that 9 - 10 mths, mus appreciate....ha!!!!!!!

MTMTMT (mtmtmt),

ha!!!!! i rem tat time bishan or plaza singapore got the contest, didnt hav the courage to join........ scared scared!!!!!!!

little_devil, your first trim only 0.68 kg gain ah. my one is a few kilos leh... i dunno why so much weight gain also.

mngo,

maybe your morning sickness was not so bad. first trimester lost 2kg, so far gain back 4 kg, net gain 2kg.

think suppose to gain 0.5kg per week but no weighing scale at home so will only know at next check-up.

Jen,

I eat alot more in the afternoon. probably becos tend to be very sleepy in the morning so stomach also dont know how to feel hungry.

mngo (mngo),

i tik ho..... regards to weight gain is like a standard total amount of kg. wat i mean is, like me, in 1st trime, i gain sooooo little and even my frens are like "Y SO LITTLE"!!!!!!???? but all the weight comes in in 2nd trime *like making up*!!!!!! and some pp gain alot in 1st and second, so 3rd will slow down and some 1st and second not much, but 3rd will gain more....... so i tik its like a automatc system.......

Rochelle (laputa) ,

i purposely buy myself a scale, everytime when free, sure head to it!!!!!ha!!!!! but lately not so on liao..... as i tell myself as long as i dun over eat and eat all the very unheathy things all the time, then ok lo.....but i still gain quite alot......*scratch head*.... tats y i tik its making up the first trime weight......hopefully 3rd trime will not gain so much...... pray!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning went to see gynae. BB is sleeping in siting position so can't see the gender,
sad.gif
. Hope in 3 weeks time when i go for detail scan, i can know the bb gender.

Chihiro,

U know ur bb gender already? When is ur next appt?

Oranges,

My stretch mark cream brand is Galenic. But I think it's more well known under the name of Elancyl. Famous in those slimming gel.

hi all,
im expecting my 2nd child, a girl!! ...EDD 20 sep. im just wondering if anyone of u here shares the same EDD as i? my baby kicks a lot in comparison to my first boy and he's already such a handful!!

vaingirl,

wwelcome!!!! actually our edd quite close, me 21st sept!!!!!! where are u going to deliver?? and my bb also kicks and move alot!!!! its my first bb!

<font color="ff6000">vaingirl</font>
hi and welcome !!
happy.gif

how old is your boy now?

<font color="ff6000">leo</font>
went to see gynea as im down with flu
shun bian do chk up since my nx chkup is nx mon
am given 2 days mc
din gain much weight
tink i only gain 0.5kg at most from last mon till today, am at 60kg's drstep liao, hvnt knock on its dr yet
biggrin.gif

scanning today still can't tell 100% on my bb's gender
got to wait till detail scan which is abt 3wks later lor .. this one i can't wait !!!!

oh ya, and hor, all my blood test results are normal !!
bounce.gif

phew~

<font color="0000ff">seems like most of our weight gain starts ard wk 20
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">mngo, peg peg,</font>
aiya, u pre-pregnancy so slim, no worries. me pre-pregnancy alr 50 kg. then from wk 17 ~ wk 23, put on 4 KG!!! last visit to gynae @ wk 26, put on another 1.5 kg.

<font color="aa00aa">mngo,</font>
R u targetting additionally or total 13~15 kg increase
biggrin.gif

<font color="aa00aa">slk,</font>
10 kg.. seems alot, but i think it's still alrite rite? unless u put on another 10 kg during 3rd trimester
lol.gif

but hor, R u those 40+kg b4 pregnancy? seems like those who are very slim pre-pregnancy tend to put on more weight. prob need to cos must "buffer" the baby. for me, alr got a bit of "flesh" so no need to stack on more for buffer
wink.gif

jia-lat, my girl (987g) is currently slightly bigger than ur boy. hmm.. better dun come out too fat else gotta nickname her "xiao3 fei2 zhu1" liao
lol.gif

<font color="aa00aa">yuru,</font>
dun worry abt the start date of the class, cos they can start u from any lesson, no necessary must start from 1st lesson
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">leo, chihiro,</font>
very agonising rite? need to wait another couple of wks to know gender
happy.gif

111863.jpg

<font face="courier new"> <font color="0000ff">as @ wk 28-Jun
.. .. .. .. .. . EDD .. . Week

aurora ......... 08/09/04 wk 29
cubbiebb ....... 12/09/04 wk 30 MAH / B
expecting_mum .. 12/09/04 wk 30 TMC / B
lilo ........... 20/09/04 wk 28 TMC / G
mom ............ 20/09/04 wk 28 MAH / B
vaingirl ....... 20/09/04 wk 28 ??? / G
little_devil ... 21/09/04 wk 28 MAH / B
berry .......... 22/09/04 wk 28 TMC / G
bebechic ....... 26/09/04 wk 27 MAH / G
ww ............. 29/09/04 wk 27 KKH / ??
pets ........... 03/10/04 wk 26 TMC / G
angelia ........ 04/10/04 wk 26 TMC / G
SLK ............ 08/10/04 wk 25 GEH / B
yingzi ......... 10/10/04 wk 25 MAH / G
heather ........ 10/10/04 wk 25 GEH / B
blisse ......... 11/10/04 wk 25 GEH / G
are ............ 12/10/04 wk 25 MEH / G
mtmtmt ......... 18/10/04 wk 24 ESH / G
dee ............ 22/10/04 wk 23 GEH / ??
micky .......... 23/10/04 wk 23 GEH / B
yeeyee ......... 24/10/04 wk 23
AC ............. 06/11/04 wk 22 GEH / B
cosmo .......... 08/11/04 wk 22
yuru ........... 13/11/04 wk 20 GEH / G
cirtusfruits ... 16/11/04 wk 20
young jes ...... 18/11/04 wk 20 MAH / G
joyful ......... 20/11/04 wk 20 MAH / B
peg peg ........ 22/11/04 wk 19 MAH / ??
sharon ......... 22/11/04 wk 19 MAH / G
melbb .......... 26/11/04 wk 19
sybil .......... 26/11/04 wk 19
deer ........... 29/11/04 wk 19
chihiro ........ 02/12/04 wk 18 ?? / G
leo29 .......... 02/12/04 wk 18
TBL ............ 02/12/04 wk 18 RH / G
rochelle ....... 02/12/04 wk 18 RH / B
crumpy ......... 07/12/04 wk 17 MEH / ??
plong .......... 08/12/04 wk 17 KKH / ??
woof ........... 08/12/04 wk 17
kypf ........... 08/12/04 wk 17 GEH / B
emma ........... 09/12/04 wk 17
jen ............ 09/12/04 wk 17
chantelle ...... 12/12/04 wk 17
guess .......... 12/12/04 wk 17 MEH / ??
mngo ........... 12/12/04 wk 17 MAH / B
melody ......... 20/12/04 wk 15
wendypooh ...... 19/12/04 wk 15 GEH / ??
oranges ........ 22/12/04 wk 15 TMC / ??
jov ............ 05/01/05 wk 13

<font color="ff0000">GEH - GlenE, MAH - Mt A; MEH - Mt E; ESH - East Shore; RH - Raffles</font>
<font color="119911">send me a private msg (cos not much time to check forum) if I got any info wrong or got it wrong</font>
wink.gif

</font></font>

chihiro,

U never gain much weight, ai yoh, so xian mu. Me gain nearly 2 kg from the last visit. When the nurse told me i nearly fainted, hahaha..... Funny lei, I don eat so much as compare to 1st tri, don know the weight come from where?

Angelia,

Ya lor.... abit disappointed when i can't see the gender. Hope bb will guai guai open the leg big big in 3 weeks times when i go for detail scan.

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Updates......</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">Here's Looking at You, Babe
Starts : 03 July 2004, Sat (tomorrow lah)
Time : 8:30pm
Channel : Channel NewsAsia</font>

Here's looking at your new curves, Li Lin!

THE affable nurse called out to Li Lin. "Lin ah, don't read that one. Here's the latest copy," she chirped, flapping a parenting magazine in the air.
The two bantered on in Cantonese like old friends.
Into the sixth month of her pregnancy, 31-year-old Li Lin is by now used to the routine of visiting the gynaecologist and the constant presence of television cameras tailing her.
Tomorrow, Li Lin and husband Allan Wu's journey towards parenthood can be seen by all in the new parenting reality series, Here's Looking at You, Babe, at 8.30pm on Channel NewsAsia.
The weekly series charts the couple's impending parenthood right up to childbirth and will discuss topics such as multiple pregnancies, miracle babies and late pregnancies.
It also deals with issues of parenting children of different ages from birth to their teenage years.
MediaCorp artistes Li Lin and Allan, 32, broke news of their secret wedding last December and Li Lin's pregnancy two months ago.
Their first child is due in October.
"Being pregnant is really nice," the celebrity mum-to-be told Today while waiting for her appointment with the gynaecologist.
"Everyone you know is extra nice to you because they know you're taking care of someone else. And everyone is eager to share advice on coping with the baby."
Li Lin admitted to feeling some apprehension, but is thankful to be pregnant.
"I heard of some couples who have been trying to conceive for years. And I thought: 'Wah, we're very lucky!'" she said. "I just hope everything will be okay."
As she talks about her experiences, Li Lin sounds like the ideal poster girl for parenting. She even exudes an aura of sultry sexiness with her new curves.
Li Lin, notorious for being elusive about her private life, said she has no qualms about being tracked by the cameras, week after week.
"No lah, it's not the sort of Jessica show. The show's not just about me," said Li Lin, referring to the narcissistic, fly-on-the-wall TV show, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, which focuses on pop star couple Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey.
What will be shown are Li Lin's visits to the gynaecologist, shopping trips for baby essentials and other useful information for would-be parents.
On the day that this reporter joined Li Lin at the clinic, where she was scheduled for an ultrasound scan, the crew was there to film as well.
"I'm okay about it. It's only showing my belly. I mean, everyone has a belly!" she said.
Li Lin said they don't plan to find out the sex of their child.
"We don't want to know. We want to keep it a surprise and keep you kaypoh people guessing, too!"

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
yalor, diff to buy clothes for bb lor
even mittens n booties oso diff
bought some yest, mixture of colors as well..
later will get a few more while im on my way to my mum's pl

<font color="ff6000">leo</font>
ive oredi gained a lot before preg
biggrin.gif

ha, im oso gg for my detail scan in 3wks time
hv oredi make appt on 19th july liao
wanted to go on sat, but all fully bked liao
uhoh.gif

<font color="aa00aa">leo,</font>
hahaha... dun worry. detailed scan sure can see cos the sonographer will be "shaking" ur tummy a lot so that she can get all the required measurements, so definitely can see bb gender
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">chihiro,</font>
actually hor, i havent start buying bb clothings leh!!!

wanted to get cloth nappies, but dunno which brand is comfortable, so oso hvn't bought. only bought breast pump so far
lame.gif

<font color="aa00aa">mngo,</font>
dun worry. maybe 3rd trimester u won't put on so much weight??

<font color="ff6000">angelia</font>
so during our detail scan its a session of "shake our tum tum"

oh .. i oso bought cloth nappies yest... tollyjoy
oso dunno comfortable or not ..
lame.gif

i tink its a gd time for me to start buying now since im still quite mobile .. scared i got so big in 3rd trimester, diff to shop / walk ard

argh... I want to cry... i feel quite sick now... dunno why... this morning threw up breakfast... hasn't happened in a week...
sad.gif

Jen, how about taking a day off to rest?

chihiro, I'm in my 28 week, not feeling very mobile these days, can't walk for more than half an hour without feeling like my hips and legs giving way. So yeah, you might want to finish most of your shopping before you hit third tri.

Hey, are you girls buying mainly bodysuits/rompers or seperates? How many pieces are you all getting?

vaingirl, my EDD's on 22nd sept. My baby girl is also super active, moves and tumbles the entire day. But I am glad that she is active- active babies have better muscle tone. Plus, I see it as her way of 'communicating' to me.

angelia, Sarah uses Pigeon and Pureen cloth nappies... and I rate Pureen higher than Pigeon.

jen, i think you better take the day off to rest.
happy.gif

gosh... i threw up another cheese sandwich...
sad.gif
think i really cannot take milk products... sigh... die, not taking any calcium at all...

berry, my mc entitlement all used up leow... anyway, even if i go home, there'll be no one to take care of me... so no lunch also...

btw, gals, i couldn't find the mustela cream in JL leh...

btw, i'm a bit worried... if i can't take milk/milk products, does it mean that my baby may be allergic to milk?!
uhoh.gif

Back