(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

Hair Trimming
I trimmed rhyan's hair (back) again over the weekend, and the trim looked obvious. Hehe .. i mean obviously not straight lah! I managed to make it better on Mon but nanny still noticed when rhyan went to her place on Tues so she improvised! She managed to get the back hair straighter and shaved the rest that scissors can't clean off part and rhyan looked good! But hor, yest nanny was still saying the back hair not straight enough and maybe she wants to cut further, i quickly stopped her and told her can already, very nice! was telling hb wait she cut and cut till VERY SHORT then cham, hb laughed and laughed non stop at ME!
angry.gif
*very paranoid that nanny may shave rhyan botak!*

fruitcake
rhyan had roseola a while ago too, PD did give a bottle of med for taking if bb feels discomfort with the rashes. its non contagious, hope Luke recovers soon.

pcs
hmm, Christmas is supposed to last for 12 days so i think you still can make it for the lightings if you go to town over this long weekend.

medusa
rhyan scratches at his bites too! he had some weird insect bites recently (like 1 a month) from unknown sources and the bite will swell up like big mozzie bite then have small spots on it, at times hv some liquid in them. very itchy kind, rhyan kept scratching till it bleed.
sad.gif
nanny has a bottle of dunno what medicine which can be used for bbs, did work to heal provided no open wounds. so when rhyan scratched the wound till it bleeds, i changed to the mozzie cream i bought from pharmacy to relieve itch.

METRO EXPO WAREHOUSE SALE
preggie mummies, if you are thinking of getting new FP toys for your second bbs, must go to this sale. i went yesterday and saw lots of FP toys, prices are quite good and selection range is more than i have ever seen before. very tempted to buy but didn't in the end coz rhyan seems to be abit too old for FP toys and i am supposedly on budget, can't buy. got Little People range also *hehe! tempting you all to go!* :p

hi pcs / yuru
nicole saying thank u to auntie pcs and yuru wishes.

hi puff / sharon
congrats to YX and Sharwyn achivement.
auntie wendy sayang sharwyn mozzie bite. nicole had 1 big big bite a day b4 her 1st birthday. now the scar is still there so ugly.

evelyn
congrats

hi mummies,

can u i just check whether where can i get this nutrilite acerola cherry drink?
heard its very rich in Vit C and good for kid to fight off flu.

little prince,
I heard abt the FP toys but scare will spend $$$ if i go, so betta dun take the risk. :p

fruitcake,
The rashes look scary indeed. But no worries, they'll subside soon.

medusa,
Wow...A really looks like she enjoyed the beach outing. Yar, like wat little prince said, now weather not so gd for beach outing. Mebbe wait till tis rainy season is over, then our babes go on date together.

sharon,
Aiyoh, poor sharwyn... *auntie skyblue n kieran gor gor sayang sayang*

puff,
Fisherman sweets? OMG!!! SO hot!

hi mummies,
me back...after being physically exhausted for e past wk or so. tis pregnancy is extremely tiring, luckily husband on leave since 19dec to help me wif gabe. i havent been out wif gabe alone as i cant handle his weight no more (weighed him on 27dec, he's 10.4kg) even wif a sling. my back ached terribly after carrying him briefly. luckily he started walking independently on 18dec, if not i sure peng sanz faster.

some quick updates on me & gabe
- i'm 9wks preggie now, MS not as jia lat as e 1st pregnancy but e fatigue level is worst than 1st. when gabe naps, i nap. when gabe KO for bedtime, i KO.
- my food cravings in tis pregnancy is very strong. i crave for lotsa spicy food, prawn-related food such as ebi tempura, prawn mee, prawn crackers, prawn balls, etc and lotsa juices. in my 1st pregnancy, i dun hv such strong cravings at all, not even at such early stage. husband having "headaches" lately cos hv 2 hunt down food for me.
- gabe very busy walking around e hse nowadays, moving things from one plc 2 another, carrying things in his hand 2 walk around (plastic bag, shopping bag, golf stick, etc).
- gabe also fell ill recently, he's now down wif a runny nose since mon. his 7th tooth also popped out at the same time.
- i'm starting work next tues...signed contract liao, went for medical checkup, etc. me not too keen abt it cos it's so much fun to b wif gabe now n i'll still b in my 1st trimester until end jan. oh well, i was juz telling husband tat mayb i'll work til apr then back to being a SAHM again. luckily husband is ok wif it.

evelyn,
congrats! so happy for u.

gabby mum,
YIPEE! u r having a girl. i was dying 2 hv a girl b4 i got preggie. now i dun mind boy or girl.

puff,
very happy for u 2 hear tat yingxin's walking unassisted now. next thing u know, she's running round e hse, wif u chasing after her. LOL!
how's her finger?

fruitcake,
i loveeeeeeee luke's photos in NYC. he's such an adorable boy, makes me wanna hug him. is he feeling betta now?

sherhino,
wah...sam watched narnia? it's not a bad idea 2 bring bbs 2 watch movies rt? there's always a 1st time for everything...must try already, then know if it's ok mah.

husband & i tot of bringing gabe 2 watch narnia too but not sure if he'll b ok wif e special effects. we might give it a try since sam's ok wif it.

sharon,
aiyo, 7bites! auntie kelly sayang sharwyn. gabe has been having funny bite marks on his arms too. tot it was insect bites so applied antiseptic cream for him. kinda worked. he didnt scratch it though.

yuru,
welcome back!

<font color="aa00aa">sharon</font>
can try snow cream on her bites, very cooling

<font color="aa00aa">fruitcake</font>
almost the whole sweet went into her tummy!! lol, i finished the rest...chilli not yet la, still dun dare to try it on her

<font color="aa00aa">medusa</font>
i dun quite like junior league's styling, much prefer fantastic sams, very nicely done but more ex

u should try fisherman lemon flavour, rather mild

<font color="aa00aa">pcs and skyblue</font>
it's not those extra minty and "hot" flavoured fisherman so i guess she's ok

<font color="aa00aa">kelly</font>
oh dear, i fear MS the most and loss of appetite, but good thing u can eat and it's spicy food some more

will u be working half day or full day when u start work?

she still requires support when walking, think will take a while before she really starts toddling around on her own

her bruise looked better now, thanks

puff,
i'll b working 4 full days from mon-thu. if necessary, i'll work from home when my caregivers r not available. tis arrangement has been fixed wif my new boss.

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD>Babies' Name</TD><TD>Babies' DOB</TD><TD>BB Age</TD><TD>Mummies' Nick </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>05/03/04</TD><TD>1y 09m 25d</TD><TD>ruffy_happy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gabriel</TD><TD>23/08/04</TD><TD>1y 04m 07d</TD><TD>gab04 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Jiang Rui</TD><TD>23/08/04</TD><TD>1y 04m 07d</TD><TD>junior </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>Kiern</TD><TD>24/08/04</TD><TD>1y 04m 06d</TD><TD>jer (dreamer_j3r) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>Sarah-Lynn</TD><TD>25/08/04</TD><TD>1y 04m 05d</TD><TD>radiohead </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>6</TD><TD>Keefe</TD><TD>31/08/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 29d</TD><TD>cubbiebb </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>7</TD><TD>Marcus</TD><TD>03/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 27d</TD><TD>domesticgoddess </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>8</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>04/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 26d</TD><TD>jamie_c78 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Kieran</TD><TD>09/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 21d</TD><TD>skyblue </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>14/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 16d</TD><TD>expecting_mum </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11</TD><TD>Hong Wei</TD><TD>15/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 15d</TD><TD>mom </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12</TD><TD>Keira</TD><TD>18/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 12d</TD><TD>vaingirl </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>13</TD><TD>Faye</TD><TD>23/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 07d</TD><TD>berry </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>14</TD><TD>Rhyan</TD><TD>24/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 06d</TD><TD>littleprince </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>15</TD><TD>Quinn</TD><TD>24/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 06d</TD><TD>little_devil </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>16</TD><TD>Janice</TD><TD>24/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 06d</TD><TD>peipei </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>17</TD><TD>Keira</TD><TD>26/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 04d</TD><TD>pcs </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>18</TD><TD>Lucas</TD><TD>27/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 03d</TD><TD>SLK </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>19</TD><TD>Sharyn</TD><TD>28/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 02d</TD><TD>pets </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>20</TD><TD>Shaness</TD><TD>28/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 02d</TD><TD>yingzi </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>21</TD><TD>Carriane</TD><TD>28/09/04</TD><TD>1y 03m 02d</TD><TD>blisse </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>22</TD><TD>Arnav Neil</TD><TD>03/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 27d</TD><TD>sun </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>23</TD><TD>Rachael</TD><TD>04/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 26d</TD><TD>are </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>Lavigne</TD><TD>05/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 25d</TD><TD>casros (ouiwii) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Samantha</TD><TD>05/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 25d</TD><TD>sherhino </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>06/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 24d</TD><TD>ziztine </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>Shanice</TD><TD>08/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 22d</TD><TD>angph38 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>Ray</TD><TD>08/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 22d</TD><TD>micky (ade02) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Gabriel</TD><TD>10/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 20d</TD><TD>kelly (weddingfairy) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>Cayden</TD><TD>10/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 20d</TD><TD>feline </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>Meghan</TD><TD>12/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 18d</TD><TD>deniz </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>13/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 17d</TD><TD>bride0712 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>Hengzhi</TD><TD>14/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 16d</TD><TD>comizgirl </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>34</TD><TD>Qian Ning</TD><TD>18/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 12d</TD><TD>andrea ku </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>35</TD><TD>Athena</TD><TD>18/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 12d</TD><TD>medusa (mtmtmt) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>Rafael</TD><TD>18/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 12d</TD><TD>belanda </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>Isabel</TD><TD>20/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 10d</TD><TD>charsiew rice </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>Gabriel</TD><TD>20/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 10d</TD><TD>may may </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>Nilay</TD><TD>22/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 08d</TD><TD>august </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>40</TD><TD>Justin</TD><TD>25/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 05d</TD><TD>AC (anchovy) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>41</TD><TD>Anders</TD><TD>26/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 04d</TD><TD>cow </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>42</TD><TD>Sharwyn</TD><TD>28/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 02d</TD><TD>sharon </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>43</TD><TD>Gabriel</TD><TD>29/10/04</TD><TD>1y 02m 01d</TD><TD>gabby mummy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>44</TD><TD>KJ</TD><TD>01/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 29d</TD><TD>kelly (mona) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>45</TD><TD>Cindy</TD><TD>08/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 22d</TD><TD>yuru </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>46</TD><TD>Isaac</TD><TD>09/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 21d</TD><TD>cosmo </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>47</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>10/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 20d</TD><TD>why &amp; itsun </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>48</TD><TD>Ying Xin</TD><TD>11/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 19d</TD><TD>puff </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>49</TD><TD>Calista</TD><TD>11/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 19d</TD><TD>chihiro </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>Tristan</TD><TD>11/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 19d</TD><TD>cxope </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>51</TD><TD>Rui Ying</TD><TD>17/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 13d</TD><TD>KC </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>52</TD><TD>Shannon</TD><TD>20/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 10d</TD><TD>guess </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>53</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD>22/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 08d</TD><TD>seahorse </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>54</TD><TD>Brandon</TD><TD>23/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 07d</TD><TD>Bing (crazbin) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>55</TD><TD>Ethan</TD><TD>23/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 07d</TD><TD>kypf </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>56</TD><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>23/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 07d</TD><TD>peg peg </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>57</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>29/11/04</TD><TD>1y 01m 01d</TD><TD>duffy/wooof </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>58</TD><TD>Aaron</TD><TD>30/11/04</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">1y 01m 00d</font></TD><TD>maple_leaf </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>59</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>01/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 29d</TD><TD>chantelle </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>60</TD><TD>Wen Wu</TD><TD>01/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 29d</TD><TD>rochelle </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>61</TD><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>02/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 28d</TD><TD>TBL </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>62</TD><TD>Rinchen</TD><TD>02/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 28d</TD><TD>bitbit </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>63</TD><TD>Allycia </TD><TD>03/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 27d</TD><TD>emma (babypooh) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>64</TD><TD>Steffi</TD><TD>04/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 26d</TD><TD>LL</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>65</TD><TD>Dean</TD><TD>06/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 24d</TD><TD>cody</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>66</TD><TD>Luke</TD><TD>06/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 24d</TD><TD>fruitcake</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>67</TD><TD>Natalie</TD><TD>06/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 24d</TD><TD>evelyn (leo29)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>68</TD><TD>Declan Isaac </TD><TD>10/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 20d</TD><TD>mngo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>69</TD><TD>Trixilia</TD><TD>10/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 20d</TD><TD>sulivyn</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>70</TD><TD>Jeannieve</TD><TD>11/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 19d</TD><TD>jen</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>71</TD><TD>Andric</TD><TD>15/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 15d</TD><TD>stephie (blurq)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>72</TD><TD>Rae-Ann</TD><TD>17/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 13d</TD><TD>lachesiz</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>73</TD><TD>Linus</TD><TD>18/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 12d</TD><TD>oranges</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>74</TD><TD>Jodie</TD><TD>20/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 10d</TD><TD>beanie</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>75</TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>24/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 06d</TD><TD>wendypooh</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Kenneth</TD><TD>24/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 06d</TD><TD>Chihuahua</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>77</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>26/12/04</TD><TD>1y 00m 04d</TD><TD>GIRL (baobei)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>78</TD><TD>Ashton</TD><TD>03/01/05</TD><TD>11m 27d</TD><TD>Blanche</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

If u wish to join the list, pls send ur details to me:
- Baby Name
- Baby DOB
- Mummy Name
- Mummy Nick
- Daddy Name (optional)
- Mobile
- Email address
- MSN contact
- Home Address (Street)
- Occupation/SAHM/WFHM

Globetrotters Restaurant playroom, United Square Shopping Centre
353185.jpg

353186.jpg

She was sitting on separate armchair...

353187.jpg

Then she squeezed in with HB...

353188.jpg

And mirrored his arm pose. LOL!

kelly

yep, he's better, resumed his active ways and rashes have gone down too! hope you feel better as your 1st trimester draws to an end. your new boss is pretty good to allow you to work fr home!

medusa

LOL! i like the last pic! i think her new haircut is nice and a li'l spunky
happy.gif

Hope I'm not too late

YEAR-END BIG BANG at Toys"R"Us. On Dec 30, buy any 3 items and get the 4th item absolutely FREE* the lowest-priced item is free)!

*Terms &amp; Conditions apply.

Only ONE day, Friday Dec 30, 2005.

Hope I'm not too late

YEAR-END BIG BANG at Toys"R"Us. On Dec 30, buy any 3 items and get the 4th item absolutely FREE* the lowest-priced item is free)!

*Terms &amp; Conditions apply.

Only ONE day, Friday Dec 30, 2005.

353549.gif

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Happy New Year to All and May the Year 2006 finds you Smiling Always!</font></font>

<font size="+2"><font color="aa00aa"><font face="verdana">Happy New Year to ALL!!!</font></font></font>

it's been a long while n glad to hear so many preggie wif #2. <font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">congrats!</font></font>

hubby not keen on #2 unless i found a job. hiaz.. maybe i'll shake hand wif <font color="ff6000">littleprince,</font> #2 3 yrs later.

pcs, fruitcake,
hehe.

Jen, ziztine,
I'm trying to make her grow TALLER. But hor, expand sideways only leh. :p

http://www.youtube.com/?v=_IpDIMPs6R8 - Athena self-feeding with spoon. DOUHUA works well for honing spoon skills! Too runny to use fingers/ hand, yet too delicious for her to give up on. I drain away surplus syrup prior though. And I recommend Nuby spoon (can see in vid how curved the handle is- guides her in holding spoon correct side facing up). Bowl is Munchkin (smallest in set of 3, with lid and suction base).

http://www.youtube.com/?v=8nCOZJy_CvI - HB doing "Upside Down Yogi" stance for her. :p

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Been a lil busy cause hb on leave, so havent posted for a while. Also busy cause Faye big girl liao, more stuff to do with her when she is awake, and she sleeps lesser these days. I think gonna be even busier this year cause I made a resolution for all of us including myself to eat healthier food, so I'll be cooking for hb and myself as much as I can! Still thinking of this forum and everyone tho, so will try to sneak in as much as I can hehe
biggrin.gif

Faye hiding a napkin!
http://www.youtube.com/?v=hcgMmxMZmA4

Faye eating at Swensens!
http://www.youtube.com/?v=0iTQlZHwjBQ

NY RESOLUTIONS- eh, anyone else got make ny resolutions?

berrywife
wow... yr ny resolution is interesting.. cooking
happy.gif
Do share with us any interesting recipe

my ny resolution is to exercise more frequently... at least twice a week... as it is not possible to exercise during weekend, i will be doing it after office hour and before going to fetch E.. that will be about half an hour of exercise plus warming up .. hope it is enough....

Puff
How is YX now?

Happy New Year to everyone!
happy.gif

medusa
wanted to try that link you gave about predicting height but lazy to convert cm and metres into feet .. hehe .. read you mentioned about a child at 2 years' old height times two is equivalent to his future adult's height so i gather that gauge that rhyan will be taller than me then since he is a little past half my height now.

athena's expression at mirroring daddy's pose is soooo funny.

Videos
Wahahaha! I wanna laugh at all the lovely videos, our little bbs have really grown up lots over the year!

Berry
I am impressed with Faye's self feeding, she can eat her own steak with fork and knife soon!

medusa, what brand of high chair is your gal using? I am impressed that she can self feed. I m thinking of getting one for my gal too. Went to kiddy palace over the weekend and saw one lucky baby brand high chair. Price $59.90. But it look quite small, scare that can only use for a while.

lilprince,
*wail* according to future ht predictor... A's adult ht will be... my ht. Blah.
sad.gif

peipei,
thanks, I use Ikea's highchair, very easy to clean compared to others.
happy.gif
Initially will be very messy self-feeding but now it's manageable.

berry,
wahaha that hide-seek vid is sooo funny! :D Wah, F can handle utensil in each hand well, yah can use fork and knife soon enough, LOL!

puff,
I think yr-end flu thing, weather quite poor lately
sad.gif

Medusa &amp; Berry
I think both yr effort in training yr gals self feeding has paid off. Just look at them!!! They can self feed soooo well *impressed*

medusa,
1.u still remember what price u paid for?
2.when u bought it? scare that no stock liao.
3.as compared to kiddy palace chair, which is better?

cos ur one, the eating area is big, me kind of like it.

sorri to ask so many questions. :<

Thanks.

NY resolutions
1. to cook dinner at home more (anyone has quick and easy recipes to share?)
2. to exercise
3. to be neater (must model good behaviour for luke ah :p)

Self-feeding

am terribly impressed by faye and athena! i've been practising self-feeding with luke inconsistently, so he has not gotten the hang of it. i'd better persevere!!

Puff

hope yx is feeling better now!

peipei,
I think ard $25 including tray (it's removable for cleaning but I don't bother- just wippe whole thing or even put under shower). Not sure abt stock, bought many mths ago. It's not height-adjustable and so on, not 5 pt/ 3pt harness so baby can often climb out of it- do not leave unsupervised. It's main pro is easy-to-clean.
happy.gif

self-feeding,
I thank all the aunties for compliments on behalf of A, LOL!
Once u start letting bb self-feed, the bb may resist being fed by u... A sometimes allows me to feed her, but sometimes she protests very vigorously. MESSY problem if I'm out and forgot her bib etc. :p Or if the place has no highchair- my HB had to seat her on his lap so that she can reach the table surface.

self feeding- Wahaha I shd be thankful then, that at times Faye does let me feed her! I think I can understand how inconvenient it can be if bb NEEDS to eat and you have only like 15 min to spare, def not enuf for bb to self feed and cleam up after that.
crazy.gif
For us, sometimes she lets me feed her, sometimes she feeds herself, I usually let her decide and plan ahead(allocate enuf time in case she wanna self feed), so far no prob yet.

why, hehe my resolution to cook more is in line with our resolution to lead a healthier lifestyle. Also good for influencing bb to eat healthier stuff. If everything she eats off my plate are wholesome goodies, then not easy for her diet to go astray!

Sharon, I try not to let her wear light coloured clothing if I know we're gonna be eating stuff that are potentially messy/dark coloured. I am now the owner of 5-7 different types of stain remover LOL!

Puff,
Do keep us updated on Yingxin.

Berry,
totally agree that if we eat healthy, bb will too! since i had Esther, my own tastebuds hv changed too. if i take food that used to be a little sweet, i find it very sweet now. i can even stomach steamed tofus and brocolli without seasoning :p

5-7??? so u must know which stain remover works best? must recommend one to me, am trying Vanish Power O2. like not very effective leh.

SOOOO.... busy *busy as in dun even have time to really breath properly* wahahaha.... BUT mus really really say tis :

BERRY!!!! i really really enjoy watching faye self feed!!!! cant help laughing and ask hubby to see too!! i like the way she drank her soup
happy.gif
happy.gif
if im not wrong, when shes abt to take her 2nd or 3rd sip from the spoon, she even hit the spoon lightly against the soup bowl *her action is like when we adults are drinking soup and so afraid tat soup will drip from the spoon so prior drinking, we lightly contact the base of the spoon with the rim of the bowl* hope u know wat am i talking about :p

medusa

same goes to tena, shes sooo good at self feeding!! i can hear the music in the back ground leh.... sooooo soothing, wahahaha!! but i enjoy her drinking from cup alot! especially when she goes "AHH"!!

TODDLER PLAY- What do u do with your bbs these days ah? I find that at this age, a lil hard to stay indoors too long cause limited stuff they can do- Faye's not old enuf to do the real pretend-play/ art n craft stuff at home, but old enough to need various types of interactive play a day! So if weather good can bring her to parks and swimming then okie, if too hot or raining and cant go park/pool, I really cant think of that many play ideas! Can anyone share? SAHMs, wat do u all do with yr bb ah?

ziztine, steamed brocs! Wah you are good LOL! Hope soon I can be at your 'level'. Eh, I am NOW eating a bowl of organic muesli with soya milk, strawberries and cranberries! Not bad for a start hor?
biggrin.gif

Hey, that time u mentioned something abr faye's ear infection n bread, I cant find much info online leh, can u share more with me? Its the yeast or wheat in bread that can cause EIs? Then will it help if I feed her wheat-free bread?
Stain-remover, haiyo, there're 4 tops of faye's that I've tried ALL my stain removers on and still cant clean 100%. And some of the stain removers I bot are those super-stong types, from DIY shops, the smell itself can kill, smells lke industrial-strength turpentine! I've kinda given up liao, I think dun have stain remover that sure works wan :p

little devil, LOL thanks! What have u been bz with?

Berry,
I stay home alone with A lah. Not much energy to run out, and trying to economise, haha. :p
She still likes her VCDs, and her toys. Only problem I notice is she spends too lil time on each toy, she bang bang awhile then suddenly another toy will catch her eye so she moves on. Am thinking of keeping away some toys out of sight/ toy rotation.
She also likes being read too, but I get abit tired reading the same book repeatedly (she'd give to me and cry if i dun read it/ cry if I try to swop the book). As for pretend-play, she does quite alot of kissing on her soft toys. She also has a baby doll that she "rocks", pats and feeds.

Stain-remover,
I'm hopeless at it. I just pass to my mum :p . So in 1st place have to avoid staining lor. I can't avoid her wearing light-coloured/ fussy clothing cos or else wasted mah... so must have full bib.

gosh... i'm so tired... last nite dunno why jean wake up and cry... aiyoh... this morning when we preparing to go to work she also cry... sigh... i had to carry and latch her in the car...

as a guide, how much milk are u feeding ur little ones now?

Toddler Play
Gabby is busy with toys like Lego. He loves to play with household appliances like vaccum cleaner and mop. Telephones fascinate him too. He has a set of cars to play with. Like Athena, he loves a few books and wants us to read the same thing again and again. Of course, we cant keep him at home. He loves to go to the playground near my house to play too...

HOME PLAY- Faye also reads her books and plays/kisses her 101 stuffed toys, but these activities dont last her more than 1.5 hr? I do give her crayons to scribbe with, but she is not keen on them for more than 5 min for now. She has blocks too, but not ready for them yet. Mummies, apart from malls/parks/pools, where else do u bring your little ones for play?

Berry,
hmm I dunno, guess A doesn't get bored at home much. I get bored more easily than her :p .
I assemble her blocks, she takes it apart. This activity alone can occupy alot of time as long as I keep on assembling, LOL. If she does it twice a day, that's some time spent already.
She also likes passing items to me- back-forth across the room. Very busy for her.
Removing items from boxes, toy containers... then putting it in again. Removing books from bookshelves.
Then puzzle block, shape sorter, stacker, storytime, singalong.
Or switch on music for her to boogie.

Another tactic I use is to "confine" her. I'd be with her in play-yard for 1hr, then open play-yard door for her to explore nursery another hr. Then open nursery door for her to explore living room.
Then start from play-yard again. Easier for me to keep track of her and renew her interest.

A's routine for now
A wakes ~7am, she'd watch VCD while I do toileting. Then breakfast together.

3 hrs of play before she sinks down for a noontime nap (lasts 30min-3hrs).

If she napped 3hrs, I hit gold liao, I shower, eat my lunch etc. If she napped 30mins, it's a hellish badmood day for her, I die-die must bring her out or she will be cranky at home. I go mainly nearby mall and let her walk freely. That makes her happy enough.

Then her lunch, and 4 hrs of play before HB returns for dinner together. I usually tire an hr before and switch on VCD for her.

Berry,
wah, organic! so healthy! mmm...eating healthy while trying for #2? :p about EI n bread, you probably can't find much info online cos it is a non western treatment. i read about it in a book previously. the only advice is to avoid yeasted wheat bread. has Faye recovered fm her last EI? I think it is very tough to avoid the whole long list of food but hor, bo bian if Faye keeps getting EI. more painful to keep developing EI. try out more Chinese style non dairy cooking maybe? cos Western recipes for toddlers tend to involve lots of cheese, yoghurt, milk...

STAIN REMOVING TIP (for food &amp; poo)
i got a tip to share. soak the stained clothing in HOT water. can add a little detergent powder too. do it asap after the staining takes place. helps to remove most/all of the stain fm food &amp; poo effectively. dun even need to scrub much. but hor, this method not effective for colour stains fm other clothings. if anyone has a good way of removing these type of stains, pls share.

TODDLER PLAY
Esther loves visiting her neighhours to play with their toys :p

ziztine,
but I read that hot water SETS stains leh. That's why factory dye clothes, it's using hot water? Oh yah but u mentioned not for COLOUR stains.

Waaah, so gd got neighbours ;) . My next-door neighbour's younger gal ask why A so fat leh. LOL!

Is Esther RUNNING? A is still in slow-mo walking, so far I can still keep up
happy.gif

(A napping now, my fingers crossed that DRILLING noise upstairs wun wake her)

MT,
at my place, our neighbour has two boys who loves to play with Esther, entertain her with plush toys/action heros, play lego with her...at my mil's place, there are 3 toddlers (on the same floor) who are a few days to 2 months apart fm Esther :p there was one stage i was "invisible" when we were at our neighbours' house! sometimes, i leave her there &amp; get on with my housework &amp; stuff. heh

YES! Esther is running w no brakes! We brought her to see the x'mas lights in orchard the other time. decided not to bring the stroller. aiyoi, big mistake. we were chasing her the whole time. either dat or HB hv to carry her to get to our destination faster. arms ache ah :p but she had lots of fun
happy.gif
Athena will join the running club very soon! u getting help at home right? when will she be coming? sufferin fm any MS?

Stain remover
my collg was telling me dynamo is good for removing stains, will buy to try out but i will rewash with bb detergent after removing the stains.

Toddler Play
On a sat (when hb is working half day and i am at home alone with rhyan), i will bring him to the market after he wakes up ard 7am+. If time permits (not feeding time yet), will stop by playground to let him play. By the time we reach home, it would be 9am+. I will then let him watch Barney (20min) while I keep my groceries etc, then feed + shower + some playtime with his books and toys in his room, then nap. Then, it would be his lunch time and free time whereby he would explore around the house (ransack kitchen and tv console etc) till hb returns home. we will have lunch (either nearby or packed food), then hb vacuum the floor while rhyan follow him behind. hb mop floor, he sit on the highchair to observe.
biggrin.gif
Then, he will usually nap again and after nap, bring him out.
happy.gif

berry
one more place - library but i believe you bring faye to this place quite often too. guess if you are really running out of things you can do with her, then maybe can consider a 1-2hr PG for her to hv fun?

Back