(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

MY CONTRIBUTION (bold is what i am buying)
happy.gif

RICE/CARBS
brown rice
calrose rice
ABC Pasta (organic and non-organic)
noodles(I use white noodles, like somen or jade noodles)
bread
potatoes

MEAT
beef
pork
chicken
"Five" fish (cod fish / ngor fish / threadfin)
pork / chicken liver

VEGGIE
cauliflower
broccoli
spinach
pumpkin
carrot
tomato
sweet potato
cabbage

MISC
garlic
egg yolk
toufu
cheese

FRUITS
papaya
apples
pear
avocado
peaches
nectarines
plums
cherries(er.. actually not advisable before 1)
melons
kiwis

SNACKS
ricecakes
breadsticks
toast
yogurt
cheerios/oatios
BB snacks (rusks/gerber puffs/etc)

Evelyn
I think problem lies with my girl than yours lah- even her fave food she can't eat that much. She eats abit, but hungry 3hrs later, plus she needs milk to fall asleep.
sad.gif

Jen,
do u know voting deadline?

little prince,
Dat bike belongs to hubby's nephews. It's at my IL's place... Quick take pics n show leh... tofu can eat, but like wat fruitcake says, in moderation. Last time i sure put tofu over the weekend but now i check wif nanny how frequent she cooked tofu on weekdays b4 deciding whether to add for mine.

MT,
Tok abt mag cover...Kieran is supposed to have a free foto shoot (like mag cover like dat) n it expires in aug...Gosh... Heheheh...my bag is big to u cos urs so tiny...ehhh...but wif the exception of ur huge refugee bag. Kieran can walk from my tv to the part where i place my stand fan...n dat is abt 2 metres?Do u add anything into the cereal? For me, if i give cereal, it's really plain cereal, nothing else added.

Re: EYS brown rice
Anyone interested? I have a brand new tin which Kieran does not fancy anymore. Willing to sell cheaper.

skyblue,
I use chicken stock as "water" for the cereal. And add beef stew.

Cos Athena hates porridge, she takes LESS porridge compared to cereal, and cereal already so little!

I got new diaper bag! My Her World freebie tote fell apart under weight stress, LOL... so bought Muji canvas- very light, and more neutral gender cos HB complain most bags too girly. :p

medusa, dunno leh... i supposed is 1 Sept?

puff/medusa, if u go down hor, pls pls take a pix and gimme hor... my HP one really blurr... hb dun have digital camera...

To the rest of the mummies, you all better vote har (*whisper* for Jean hor)!!! or else...... kekeke... not cute oso must vote... haha... *I worse than Medusa*... just joking...

Berry:
i think so too, i dun mind paying more for EYS QC.

Mince meat:
ask you all ah, when you feed mince meat to your babies ... do u buy lean meat and mince it yourself, or do u buy mince meat fr the supermarket?
My MIL tells me that the mince meat from supermarkets (esp mince pork) contains a lot of fat from the less favourable cuts of the pig. So she wants me to buy the lean pork fr the wet market and ask the butcher to mince it on the spot.
Problem is, i hardly go to the wet market!

may may:
i am also travelling to penang in nov with my 11mth old baby. But i intend to bring my slow cooker there. Once touch down, go supermarket to buy ingredients to cook. Quite cham but i rather do this then to take the risk.

EYS brown rice need to cook over the stove.

I try NOT to buy those instant cereals that only need to add water, cos the milk powder they use in those cereals are prob low grade ones that MAY cause diarrhoea in the baby. Esp when you're travelling, kenah diarrhoea quite cham for baby & parents.

Five fish = ngor fish i think (threadfin)

littleprince

yah, i was just reading, there seems to be quite a bit stuff against soy formula on the web. alternatives would be hypoallergenic cow's milk formula where the casein is removed, or even goat's milk i guess. but dunno how good goat's milk is either :p

domestic goddess

hehe, i don't cook cheese at home 'cos don't like, so not familiar with food with cheese recipes. thanks for the ideas.

VOTING

i'll vote for your babies! waiting for the numbers!

My supermarket list for my 9-mth old son:

RICE/CARBS
brown rice
white rice noodles)
US russell potatoes

MEAT
lean beef (for stew)
lean pork (for stew or to mince)
chicken thigh
threadfin

VEGGIE
broccoli
spinach
pumpkin
carrot
japanese sweet potato

MISC
egg yolk
toufu

FRUITS
papaya
apples
pear
avocado
peaches
nectarines
kiwis
banana (pang jio)

SNACKS
yogurt
BB snacks (heinz teething rusk)

cody,
Athena eaten several boxes of instant cereal- particularly Nestle. She likes lah. No diarhoea but CONSTIPATION (must feed lots of water n fruits etc n sometimes even massage tummy).

wah... so fast archive leow... for those who missed the voting post...
sms DisneyBaby <baby_code> <your_name> <nric> to 9111-5541...

<u>Baby Codes</u>
A64 Yingxin
A76 Athena
A82 Jean

1. One HP can vote for max 5 babies
2. One HP can only vote once for 1 baby

votes: i voted for the above 3 babies already!
1 vote each, fair ....

medusa: that's good that athena takes to the cereal. makes travelling so much easier!

jen

oops, pai seh, missed earlier post in archive :p thanks!

cody

hmm, maybe you can try buying the right cuts of meat and ask the supermarket pple to mince for you?

KC:
really ah? oh shucks, i just got a tin of EYS brown rice yesterday.

But if the EYS ones tastes so awful, won't the normal ground brown rice + si shen taste the same?

cody

you can try, i haven't asked myself but at cold storage i've seen a sign that says you can tell them how you wanna cut your meat or something like that, so maybe they can also mince? dunno abt ntuc, hardly go there because cold storage is nearer my house. but ntuc cheaper hor?

BB contest
I've also voted for all the bbs oreadi. Hope all bbs can enter the finals :p

Can any mummy post a pic of the "cheerios". Still unable to find in Cold storage/NTUC

AC
i cook pasta like the way i cook porridge, the longer you cook it, the more it will "pong" (expand). you can use slower cooker to cook it, then i add the same ingredients i use for porridge.

cody
i fllwed the way your mum told u, choose meat from market and ask butcher to mince for me. those pre-minced in supermarkets, i heard too tt they use all kinds of balance pork parts so no good lor. i hv bought minced meat fm G Value at Tampines Mart there before, they hv a section tt sells fresh meat, can request for mincing there. i think only those supermarkets tt hv a section to put fresh meat pieces there (those tt ppl can choose), then can request for mincing.

Disney BB Contest
I voted the bbs liao, will use hb's hp to vote again tonite. :p

sharon
berry recommended organic ABC pasta before, that one very expensive, can buy at Tanglin Mall. one small pack costs ard $6-$8 but its made from veggie powder so supposedly more nutritious. i bought the normal supermarket ABC pasta, less than $2 and one big pack, but plain, no veggie powder. i think if you do put alot of veggie ingredients in yr pasta liao, then no need to use the organic one - up to individual preference. i hv both, i mix sometimes depending on my ingredients list for the day!

acherly i was wondering... if send from another HP but same person particulars, can or not huh? cos they oni say 1 HP can vote once for 1 baby... but they din say 1 person cannot vote twice from 2 HPs leh... :p

AC,
tis is wat i gave gabe...wat i didnt give is striked out

RICE
white rice
brown rice
potatoes
ABC pasta
marcaroni
mee sua (bought but havent tried it yet...dunno how 2 cook cos i never eaten mee sua MYSELF)
plain white bread

MEAT
beef
pork
<strike>chicken</strike>
"Five" fish (wat's tis? is it threadfin?)
threadfin
cod fish

VEGGIE
cauliflower
broccoli
spinach
pumpkin
carrot
<strike>tomato</strike>
toufu
dao miao
sweet pea

MISC
egg yolk

FRUITS
papaya
apples
pear
avocado
kiwi
watermelon
grapes
peach
apricot
nectarine

SNACKS
yoghurt
cheese
bb bites biscuit
morinaga biscuit
pigeon xiao man tou

thanks AC.
happy.gif
So you are a SAHM too?

I notice quite a few mummies give your babies huge variety of fruits.

Kelly/other mummies: Do you puree the fruits whenever you want to feed or give slices? How to give kiwi, apricot and peach? Fresh ones are often not as sweet as what my bb will like. He gagged when I gave him bitesize pieces of water melon once, so I stop giving him that.

Are your mummies all eating chunky food (or table food) or anyone still pureeing food?

Anyone feed your baby Heinz or Gerber jar babyfood?

wah... i see the long lists of foods... think my jean not eating enuff leh... she oni has porridge twice a day... dun think there are any "snacks" in between... tried to give her kiwi, banana (via spoon) she dun like leh... if i let her bite bite... it's like she din "eat" much oso... how to know whether she eat enuff or not?? she's so skinny oredi!!! Help!!!

AC.. to cook pasta, I add in ABC pasta or small shells when water is boiled and just cook till soft. If I use macaroni, I will usually chop them up with the other food in blender once they are cooked.

Small shells are lots of fun for my son as he will pick them up one by one, examine them before eating. In the meantime, I will spoon feed him the rest.

<font color="0000ff">Hi mummies</font>
How do you give egg york to ur babies? fully cooked for half cooked??

<font color="0000ff">Domesticgoddess</font>
I give Heinz custard, fruit gel &amp; yogurt to Anders. He likes all of them
happy.gif

AC
yar, its marcaroni in ABC form.

MEALS - rhyan eats 2 porridge meals at nanny's pl, she cooks 1x for 2 meals using slow cooker. for me on wkends, i cook 2x for 2 porridge meals coz i use rice cooker. ingredients, i buy fresh meat/fish on Sat am to use over the 2 days. will only bulk freeze veggies like potatoes and pumpkin etc and use within 2-3wks. most of the time, i dun buy jar foods coz rhyan doesn't like it.

FRUITS
i use spoon to scoop and feed. hvn't gotten to let rhyan feed himself most of the time as *ME* very terrified of messiness but am trying to do it lor. i do not puree nowadays.

kelly
the pigeon xiao man tou same as normal brands kind? need to break and feed?

jen
rhyan dun like most fruits except apples and pears. refused to even taste bananas, and will scrunch his face as if its very sour for most of the other fruits. but recently after i keep offering and eating with him, he is willing to eat the golden kiwis. i think maybe got to keep trying?

jen, jean where got skinny? she looks so chubby!

COw (chriso) - your name is so interesting.
happy.gif

Egg yolk got to be hard boiled, fully cooked. I usually cook the yolk and mash it with other food like pasta, tuna dish etc.. What brand of yogurt do you buy? You don't give Anders other savoury varieties from Heinz or Gerber?

Threadfin - anyone know what is so special or good about this fish??

domesticgoddess...tk goodness no! me FTWM and onli cook bb food during wkends
happy.gif

for soft fruits like papaya, i will mash them, and harder fruits like apples, i will grate them

wat is ABC form?

Cow...egg yolk, i gave half boil, hard boil or mixed into porridge

jen...i also dun give so much variety of food, usually wkends we will go out, prepare porridge already no time...

prince, she's skinny leow... when she stretch, can feel her rib cage leh... yesterday i saw one bb... very chubby... cheeks all puffed up... then the arms and legs like lian2 ou3 (lotus root)... haha... pcs will love it man... hb say that type will have problem next time... :p

COW:
i give egg yok hard boiled. mash up the egg yolk and mix into his porridge.
PD suggests not to feed half-boil becos of all the problems with chicken flu etc. Better to feed fully cooked so that i can kill the bacteria.

Domestic goddess:
my maid / MIL cooks twice a day for the 2 meals my son eats. However weekends when my maid is busy, i cook only 1 meal (porridge) with slow cooker. Breakfast is rice cereal with avocado.

Heinz jar food ... i use that only when i am going out for a loooooong time such that i cannot prepare my son's porridge in time or can't keep warm for such a long time.

threadfin: dunno leh, its a hand-me-down recipe that all babies should eat threadfin

jen: not to worry lah, babies MAIN nutrition is still milk at this age... anyway there's a saying that some babies fed with full FM tend to "pong nee" (teochew saying ... "pong" = swollen / puffy, "nee" = milk). This kind of chubbiness will be lost v quickly once baby falls ill. Then again, its just the old wives talk.....

i think Jean is fine, nothing to worry about!

<font color="aa00aa">harlo mummies,</font>
wow, now talking abt food.

<font color="0000ff">EYS brown rice cereal</font>
Shanice HATES it a lot, i think. but still gotta let her finish it!!

then i bought organic brown rice from NTUC, she also don't like. then i tasted, like OATS to me leh?!!! then try WHITE porridge wif carrot, she oso don't like!! then intro FM, she throw up *faint*. my BM alone not able to meet her dd. i wonder what if 1 day no more BM then how huh? let her drink water ah?

<font color="0000ff">fruits</font>
hmm.. think Shanice only likes apple and pear. (btw, what type of pear u gals gave? the green pear shaped 1 or the yellow round type)

<font color="0000ff">other food</font>
i gave up on all other food. think she don't like ALL BABY FOOD. but when we eat, she'll move her mouth as if she's munching food.. wahahaha.. very cute leh..

<font color="0000ff">age</font>
hmm.. i don't mind broadcast my age 1.. i'm a tigress born in 1974..

erm.. at least 1 person is same age as me hor.. kekeke..

<font color="0000ff">nestle cereal</font>
erm.. nestle cereal contains SUGAR leh. so i will NOT look at nestle brand of food until Shanice is 1 yr old lor.

<font color="0000ff">bread &amp; Ikan bilis</font>
erm.. i think hor, those white bread from confectionary oso contains SALT leh.

then hor, IB oso a lot of salt leh. i think no matter how we wash oso will still hv lah.

<font color="0000ff">fish</font>
erm.. that time GP says not to give white bait (not even fresh) or fish cos will cause more phlegm and might deteriote Shanice's cough/bronchitis condition when my mum asked abt giving fish. GP says "try to cut down. if can, don't intro 1st" *then what else can i give??*

domesticgoddess,
Nanny n myself cooks once only n Kieran takes porridge 3-4 times each day (@ nanny's pl) &amp; abt 2 times(during weekends). Porridge not chunky nor pureed rite? Sometimes i give Kieran tiny pcs of fruits (very tiny). I gave him small marie biscuits b4 oso (under CLOSE supervision).

cow,
I give egg by dumping it into slow cooker. But 1st i separate the white from the yolk, after dat jus stir into porridge.

Fruitcake, thanks for the link. BUt, didnt like the surrounding of the infantcare located ard katong area..i check it out before my gal is born:p

Domesticgoddess: that what i heard from most mummy that Enfalac/Enfapro A+ caused constipation..my gal seems to be ok coz she poo once a day (consider ok isit?) Btw, where do you get ABC pasta? Sound yummy..

Voting for babies..is it i have to vote one by one? or all together? Paisei..abit blur..didnt read properly..

BABY FOOD

AC, yar lor, very exciting menus! luke doesn't have such a variety yet, hehe. so many lists, i just add on to your list in caps hor.

RICE
brown rice
calrose rice

MEAT
beef
pork
chicken
"Five" fish

VEGGIE
cauliflower
broccoli
spinach
pumpkin
carrot
tomato
ASPARAGUS
FRENCH BEANS
SWEET POTATO

MISC
garlic
potato
egg yolk
OATMEAL/MIXED GRAIN CEREAL
CHEESE

FRUITS
papaya
apples
pear
avocado
BANANA
MELONS
PEACH

SNACKS
(J dun have!!)
CHEERIOS
HEINZ TEETHING RUSK
YOGURT

angelia:
alamak!!! i forgot to check my email last night!
sorry woman ... i was completely poofed by the time i got home from dinner last night. Tonight k?

what is CALROSE rice??
Walking / talking SBF book aka Berry - can u pls advise if you're online?

what's the benefit of eating calrose rice vs white rice anyone?

Re: Baby Food and Milk
Angelia ah... Jean is drinking almost 800ml of EBM everyday... my supply also almost cannot make it leow... was thinking of reducing one feed so she can take more solids?? But then, she like dun like FOOD leh... feed her like kill pigs lidat... peng san...

Re: Nestle Cereal
I got one box of Wheat &amp; Milk with Chamomile and Orange Blossom... since Jean hates cereal, dun think will give her... anyone wants?? But expire next month hor...

Re: Vote
Think have to vote one by one... oi, I vote for all the babies leow leh... Medusa/Puff, are you guilty of not voting for Jean? *arbish* wahaha... =P

Sorry, pls forgive me for tokking nonsense... I going crazy cos damn bored ah.......... anyone wants to msn party?!?!
biggrin.gif

domestic goddess

i give luke 2 meals a day, snacks on an ad hoc basis. i use a mix of freshly prepared food and frozen food cubes, very occasionally, jar food, all depending on whether i have time/opportunity to prepare. i still puree my food but nowadays don't add water and puree less finely. for fruits, the bulk comes in pureed form, but i do give wedges as finger foods, which he gnaws and chews, but not much goes in :p

GUAVA

anyone giving guava? i'm thinking of because it is high in vit c and luke is still a bit young for citrus fruits.

BREAD

hehe, think all bread got salt one, gardenia/bonjour all have.

EGG YOLK

i also give hard boiled, scared of bacteria which is not killed by cooking fully. but luke has eaten half boiled before and he was fine.

PEAR

i give luke the green and brown types, don't think got much difference?

Back