(2004/08) Anyone due in August 2004?

Hiya ladies,
Hmm, so many of u gonna pop soon rite? So exciting!

Gosh, augustmum, when I read yr postg,I initially thought tt u were gonna break the news tt u've popped! Thk gdness yr labour was stopped and yr bb's doing well. Do take care of yrself ya? And prepare for the day when yr darling will be in yr arms.

Scoobydoo,
Nice, meaningful name u've got for yr son....do take care of yrself, n don't worry abt hvg to take insulin...after all, it's for the gd of yr bb rite? I'm sure all will be fine after u've deliv. Just had my first dose of BHC ytd....quite uncomfortable but gave me chance to practise my breathg...heh. Oh I'm def gonna request for anaestician to be on standby for epidural. Don't wanna act hero then can't tahan at the end. Some ppl say tt side effects is backache but then agn, it may be due to the fact tt mums don't take care of emselves after deliv. For eg, they bend when they ned to change bb's diapers. Do get a diaper changg table or put bb on bed and sit down whilst changg bb.

Leibit,
Yea, I knw I'll hv the penguin syndrome soon. Feelg heavier nw already. Heh. Hmm, abt the benefits, thk it doesn't matter when bb is born as long as it's this yr....tt's impressn I get.
I hvn't been drinkg coconut water tt much. Only drank it once last wk. And gonna drink again next week. Maybe drink once every 2 weeks?

Irenevinc,
Ya la, she wants a grandson....so can't wait for us to hv another one. Kept tellg my hubby to eat more meat so tt next one guaranteed boy. Can u believe tt?

Alritey, take care everyone....n mtbs who are due anytime nw, do hang in there!

Hi Leibit, irenevinc is right. Bigger bb easier to take care but mummy will have a more difficult time delivering the bb.

Hi Irenevinc, your EDD is close to mine. I was thinking taking MC in the last wk of July. Really feeling very tired walking around. Every morning, have to drag myself out of bed.

Hi Scoobydoo, I don't intend to take epi because I've friends who took & they said they experience ocassional backache. So they told me to go thru it without if I can. Gynae will tell you no side effect. My gynae doesn't encourage epi so I'll try to go without.

Hi all,

I thought I was going to pop too when doc asked me to go hospital. Thank God, not yet. However, I was quite surprise that labour could be delayed. Weird huh?

The most surprising thing is that other than the extreme back pain at work, I couldn't feel the contractions that were registered by the machine (in the hospital).

My MC ends this Wednesday. Will extend one more week, then take pre-maternity leave. Will be seeing doc this friday. Think he may do an internal check for me. Hope it will not be painful.

Read somewhere that all mothers who give birth this year are entitled to the new maternity benefits, so don't worry too much.

I don't intend to take epi too. Doc said most of his patients just rely on gas.

Alright gals, do take care!

scoobydoo,

The pain izzit fm ur V but its inside? I think is becos bb gg to engage. I got the pain oso. Especially during walking and when I get the pain, I can feel a lot of movement fm the bb.
I will try not to take epi. But if really cannot tahan then still hv to take. Otherwise, later no strength to PSUH. As for side effect, heard tat will get backache. But dunno how true is it.

Went for my wkly checkup on Mon nite. BB now is 3.2kg. I told my gynae "dun scare me!!!" He recalculate again and gave the same result. I think to comfort me, he told me to expect an error rate of 10%. So its like + - 300g. Its really a mixed feeling. One hand hope tat bb is big so easier to manage and the other scare too big diff to deliever. BB had engaged already. Nowadays kept having false contractions. So exceited and yet so scared. Hehe... :p

Scoobydoo, Contraction is like menstrual pain.
If you have menstrual pain when menses come , then you will know how it feels like !

Andriany, Dont think you can standby anaestician!last time , the nurse said if you need epidural must tell them before labour.
Yah , heard of the myth about hubby eat more meat then baby will be boy !
My MIL have 3 grandaughter now , so they hoping that this one is boy ! BUT too bad for them , Its a girl again...ha..ha..maybe next time they will pressure me for 3rd child for a boy !
Anyway , I like girl !

Sue , Wow you can take MC related to pregnancy ?
My company dont accept MC that is related to pregnancy , so I have to take leave if baby pop out before 30th July !

Hi ladies, Usually the starting of contraction , you cant feel it . As it get more frequent and stronger then you will feel it !
From my experience , I had "show" in the morning then went to my gynae in the afternoon.
At about 2pm they check the machine ( for contraction ) .. Confirm there is slight contraction by really I could not feel it !
At 6+pm , then I can feel the contraction come on and off . AT 12am , when I really cannot "tahan" the pain then go to labour ward .They check for dilation -5cm already ...so prepare for labour !
My daughter delivered at 3+ am and without Epidural. SO I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS TIME WILL BE SIMILAR !

Oh , any of you drink "frisomum" milk ?
I have one unopen can that was taken during the motherhood fair . Any of you want to drink ? I can pass it to you because I cant drink milk !
Think it a waste if I keep it !

hi guys!

Oh..i've check about the pain that i have..it's actually my cervix dilating!!!..the article say that i'll take a few weeks.
To know more..can visiti the website: www.parents.com. This is a really good magazine..didn't get to see it in singapore's newstand.

Hi all!

I'm so sad now,
sad.gif
coz i've been feeling the pain from my baby on my tummy very frequently. It's like the burning sensation plus gastric kind of pain n stingy effect. I was rushed to the gynae twice, 2 weeks ago n yesterday. It was so painful till i cant even speak or stand properly. Sitting doesnt help either. Gynae couldnt find any prob related to this, except that maybe bb's position n movements worsened the pain. One thing though is he suspected pre-eclampsia, as my symptoms kinda similar to it--> swollen legs n feet, high blood pressure, abit high on protein, n pain on tummy area.... was given hospitalisation leave till next Wed then review again.
With such kind of pain, it's really affecting my work n mood. But such abrupt leave being forced upon me, esp my boss keeps on wanting me to rest at home, has actually left me very confused n lost. Gynae said that bb is very low in position now, n most prob i will deliver in 2-3 weeks time, earlier than my edd. Sigh..... i tot he can pop after N-Day...
sad.gif

Irenevinc, yes, we can take MC related to pregnancy. Sometimes, I go for checkup on weekdays & will take MC. MOst of my colleagues also take MC before EDD. Today, my back hurts a lot than other days. Is that part of contraction?

Scoobydoo, that's mean you are dilating too. I can feel slight pain today when I walk. Not sure if it's dilation.

Leibit, I know it's hard but try to stay positive. If your gynae & boss asked you to rest, then shld take this opportunity to rest at home.

Hi ladies,
I read the website scoobydoo posted cause I experienced the same sharp pain from vagina just yesterday. I'm due on 25th Aug so can't be tt I'm dilatg so fast right?! Better check with my gynae tomo. Scares me to thk abt it.

Leibit, do take care and rest well. As sue says, do try to stay positive....thk of the end in mind, of hvg bb in yr arms n you'll feel a whole lot better. Don't thk abt work n just relax, okie? I'm sure yr boss also wants u to put yr health before yr wrk commitments.

Scoobydoo, I hv the same sharp pain too, starting from around week 32 or 33, and its getting more frequent n painful now whenever i walk. But gynae told me its due to the bb's weight pressing on it. I'm already in my 38 week now liao. Gynae has not check me for dilation yet, my due date is 30 July.

Hi Leibit , How are you feeling today ?Since your bb is low , do have more bed rest ! dont walk too much ! Rest is important !

Sue , Good company you have ! So will you be working after your maternity leave?

Amie , you 38weeks liao , will you be the first to deliver among us ...

Its Friday liao ... tomorrow have to see gynae ...hope everything is fine !

irenevinc, ya lor, i'm getting very nervous now. My mum c my tummy n says i might pop next week! Me seeing gynae again tomorrow too
happy.gif

Hi Leibit,

Don't worry too much. Take a break. You and baby should come first before work.

I've a lot of problems (swollen leg, backache etc)too while working but ever since I have taken my medical leave, the conditions subsided and baby is going bigger each day.

If you are still worried about work, maybe you could try working from home. I've not handed over all my duties too. However, I'm keeping constant contact with my colleagues, informing them on what to do via emails and phone calls.

Trust me, a rest will do wonders...

Irenevinc/Amie, how's yr checkup today?

I also went check up this morning. BB is now 3.1kg & her head is very low but not engaged yet. Gynae said anytime now & he gave me MC for next week. I told him I'm very tired. ;p My next appt will be next Fri since I don't have to work. Yah, I'll continue to work after my maternity leave. Will probably take 2 more weeks of leave after that because I've lots of leave to clear.

Hi M2Bs, here's a list of Aug mummies. Easier to refer.....
happy.gif

Amie ............30-Jul
Valencia........End July - Early Aug MAH Boy
Irenevinc.......3-Aug TMC Gal
Joey Low.......3-Aug SGH Boy
Sue...............5-Aug MAH Gal
Huaywen.......7-Aug KKH Boy
Augustmum..10-Aug TMC Boy
Scoobydoo....12-Aug NUH Boy
Leibit............15-Aug MAH Boy
Aimee...........18-Aug MAH Boy
Punggolite.....Mid-Aug Gal
Beanie...........Mid-Aug TMC Gal
Andriany.......25-Aug East Shore Gal

Hi Sue,
Thanks for takg the time to collate our due dates!
happy.gif

Anyway, to all those who are due anytime now, do rest well and take care of yrselves! Esp Amie, since you seem to be the one who's earliest to pop.....all the best!

Hi Sue,
Thanks for the due dates. wow, i'm 1st in the list, scary leh! I'm expecting ESH boy.
Last appt gynae only did a scan, check bb n check water level. I din put on much weight, neither did bb. This friday i'll hv to do a vaginal examination to check whether i'm dilated.

Andriany, thanks! Although nervous but i also hope can pop soon, at least can c bb, dun hv to worry how he is doing inside the womb.

hey sue..ya..thanks for the list...hmm..so i'll be the only one giving birth at NUH. Just went to gynae last sat..everything was alright except for my diabetic thingy.
I asked him about the pain that i have..he told me that was actually my bone expanding..probably pelvic bone??..aiyo..2 different story..which one to believe??
Anyway..doc say my baby probably will pop at 38th or 39th week..2 more weeks to go..so excited!!!

Hi All,
Wasnt able to logon last week as i'm on course. How's everyone doing?

Last week went for checkup and gynae said bb's head is down liao & weighs 2.8kg at 35 weeks. Going for next appt on Wed
happy.gif

Hi amie,
did you have any symptoms recently? Surprised that gynae din do vaginal examination for you for the last visit since you so close to edd.

Hi Scoobydoo,
did you check with gynae regarding the pain? can it be due to contractions?

For MTB taking MCs near to edd, remember to check if it is credited as part of the maternity leave. My company allows MC due to pregnancy, and last time if MC till edd, will be considered as part of the 58 days of maternity leave we have. Luckily this year they change policy
happy.gif

Dunno how you all feel as the date draws near, i begin to worry more abt the delivery and even post delivery!
sad.gif

Hi Aimee, I'm nearing 39weeks liao, but not much symptoms leh, except I hv been hving mild menstral-like cramps on n off, especially at nite, but it doesn't last long. I also hv sharp pain in v area when i walk, + back ache n painful to turn in bed at nite. Last visit, i was told wat to do if got show or labour pain, but gynae din do VE for me. Maybe she feels that my bb won't come out so early?

Hi gals,

finally get to log on as i've been very tired n resting at home, cant use the comp as i will develop pain if i sit for too long. Thanks alot to u gals for the advice n encouragement. Think i've been too stressed up. In the end, i managed to hand over my duties to colleagues, so now feeling happier. Thanks!!!

Wow, Sue, u r so great man! Actually managed to list out our edds! Thanks, it really helps as now we r all able to know who will be popping :>

Amie, must remember to bring ur gynae's letter as well as ur blood test results when u admit to hospital. Try to rest now, as once bb's out, cant rest oreadi. I think most of the pain that we r experiencing now actually helps to prepare us to be stronger when it comes to the actual delivery. It's God's way of training us women up to meet the great day :>

Now i finally feel the pain in the v-area which Amie, Andriany n Scoobydoo experiencing now. Many occasions, i feel as if bb's gonna pierce right thru the v-area, as i feel that everything is almost being flipped out! Now cant stay day-dreaming in toilet...:<

Dun mention lah. Since I was free last Sat afternoon, just went back the thread to retrieve the infor. It's for my own reference too.

Amie, I also hope I can pop soon. Can't wait to see the bb. I'm on MC this whole week but went back to handover my stuff. Will be officially off duty from tmr.
happy.gif
Can wake up later, yippee.....Do you get backache? My friends said their labour started with backache.

Augustmum, we shall update each other after appt this Fri.

Aimee, my gynae asked me to check on the MC part too! I told him for my company, we start maternity leave only when we give birth so it's ok. I'm feeling excited and scared. Don't if I can cope with the labour pain.

Leibit, we're all here to support each other. Are you able to get MC &amp; rest at home? Don't be too stressed, okie. Must rest well.

Hi Sue ,
Went gynae last sat , everything is fine .
Ask about the pain around the vaginal/pelvic bone... he said your body is preparing for birth.
so its normal ..bb head is getting lower ..so must montior..
My gynae also did not do VE for me. I am 37 1/2 weeks.
wah , so good can have one week MC !! Me still have to work till 30th July ..
Going to see gynae this Sat !

Leibit, my gynae only asked me to bring admission letter to hospital, she din give me any blood test result. Try not to walk too fast or stand too long if u hv pain in the v area... put ur legs up n rest more, thats what my gynae advise me.

Sue, i have backache whenever i get the mild period-like cramps. In fact i'm having it now when i'm typing this. Other than tat, i only get backache when i sleep at nite. So good u r on MC now. I'm still working, thinking of going to get MC from GP for the rest of this week, really feeling very tired.

Leibit, you like to day dream in toilet ahh? I also experience that pain recently. Can really feel the pressure when peeing.

Irenevinc, it's the softening of pelvic bone to prepare us for labour. Yah, it's gd to be able to rest at home but I'm worried that I on MC at home &amp; bb doesn't want to come out.

Amie, I was told to bring admission letter &amp; blood test results. Maybe MAH needs that because Leibit &amp; me are delivering there. Why not you check with the nurse again. I'm also having backache on &amp; off. My friend said the backache before labour is very very pain, no matter what position you sit or lie. If you are really tired, why not just get MC from your gynae? Does your company accept that?

Sue, so u r on mc, just to check with u--does ur company view mc the same as hospitalisation leave? Coz my gynae gave me hospitalisation leave, n i was wondering wld i be able to get more of this leave from gynae, as my company separate hospi leave from medical leave. Else i wld have to take no-pay leave as my edd seems so far away n yet bb kicks furiously every day without fail. Haha, i always take my time in the loo, coz i tot it's a good way to make sure that i dont have any liquid more to come out, n at the same time i can relaxed mah. Now, seems that bb decides to go against my wish :p

Amie, yoyo, u better take mc now lah, u r so-so close to ur due! True, according to MAH, we need the blood test results. When r u visiting ur gynae again? Ask for the blood test results then. I tot that's quite impt as they might need to refer to during delivery. Also, check out ur company's hr policy on leave.

Irenevinc, i heard from my colleague that when she was in her 38th week, her gynae did VE for her n it was so painful that she couldnt even walk properly after that. N coz her VE was painful, her gynae commented that she wld then have a painful delivery time, which was quite true, coz my colleague actually turned green during her delivery despite given epidural.

Sue, yes my company accepts mc from gynae, but if i go n c my gynae b4 the next appointment on friday, i'll hv to pay extra charge leh, cos i sign up for the package n can only c her on my scheduled appt. Heart pain to pay so much just for mc... i rather go to gp instead, can claim from company.

ya my gynae told me labour pain is very very painful, n tummy will b very very hard, n the pain will go from front to back... if i get tat, can go hospital liao. haha.. i've been running to the ladies to c got show or not whenever i get cramp, but always disappointed leh.

Hi Amie,
Learnt from my antenatal classes that during contractions, your tummy will be very hard, and usually the pain comes from back. Not everyone will have show though. i think even for contractions there is a timing (eg once dunno in 8-10min?), cant remember liao.
i think the blood test results are those from the tests that you have done throughout the pregnancy? Am i right gals?

Hi Sue,
So good life, officially off. Me dunno must hang on to my work till when. sigh.
Always think of getting MC, but always cant find the chance leh, work seems never ending
sad.gif

Me so nervous, going to see gynae again today. People around me keep asking when i'm going to give birth. Sigh, thought of the process makes me worried leh
sad.gif

hi ladies , feeling better today ? Its good weather for resting hoh ...but too bad I am in office !!

Like to find out from those who enage Confinement lady , how much are you going to give for their 1st day and last day red packet ?? any idea ?

Have all of you look for post natal massage lady ?
still do not know which lady to call !
Any comment ?

Leibit, my company view MC &amp; HL different. I guess my company is quite pro-family therefore it's ok for us. I told my boss if there's anything that need my help, can always email me. My colleague's gynae did a VE for her too, she said it was pain but bearable. Perhaps, her threshold for pain is higher.

Amie, the blood test results I was told to bring was the one for the triple test. You shld have that. Same here, everytime I go toilet, will check if there's any show. Is it expensive if you go to your gynae not on yr scheduled appt? I've to pay more too but I think it's $20 more for consultation.

Aimee, must plan to handover your work now. You never know when bb will pop.

Irenevince, I've booked my massage lady. She charges $500 for 7 sessions. Some said ex but I thought it's quite ok since she's gd. I've friends who went to her for normal massage &amp; post-natal massage. Let me know if you are interested, can pass you her contact.

Hi all,
Hope all of ya r feelin a-ok!

Irenevinc,
My mum booked this malay lady who massaged my sis 5 yrs ago when she deliv my neph. V gd...sis lost all wt in the end n turned out thinner than pre-preggie. She charged $50 per session then and guarantees wt loss within 10 sessions. And she also threw in a complimentary massage for my mummy then. So now both of us dec to book her agn regardless of her price, thk takg into acct inflation, may be $55-$60 per session? Anyway, I've set aside abt $600 for massage. Thk it's v impt.

Sue , wow your massage lady quite ex hoh ! Is she malay or chinese ? Btw how long is one session ?
Maybe you can also pass me her contact too.
Thanks.

Andriany , So have you book your malay lady and how long is one session ? Thanks.

Hi Andriany / sue,
can share the contact for massage lady with me? Wah, if we all find the same lady, then she'll be very busy?
happy.gif

Prob will engage her after my delivery...scared in the end might end up with c-section leh (x-fingers)

Hi Sue,
Too bad a colleague just resigned last week, and this week the rest on course, so no choice loh. Have to 'dong' till next week bah. Every night go home tell hubby: what if i give birth today? then are you prepared??
happy.gif

Hi Irenevinc,
me also asked the same qn long long time ago, seems like no response leh. Me thinking of giving her a big one on the first day. Final one will depend on her 'performance' loh
happy.gif

If i din remember wrongly, the other time my CL said give a token sum of $12 (or more?)....cant remember leh...

augustmum , wow , you so fast ! your EDD 10 Aug leh !! Your boy boy want to come out early !!

So please take care from now on and wish you smooth delivery !!

Sue , Thanks

Aimee , I think 1st token about $12 or $24 then final one will depend on her performance !
But dono how much should give if she good performance and if she no so good or not good at all ! hmmmm....
So your big one on first day is how much ???

Yalor, so fast. Now waiting at home. Very excited. Doc. asked if I would like to wait at home or in the hospital tonight. What do you think?

Augustmum , Last time , me too ! Have show in the morning then go see gynae in the afternoon. After test , doc said can wait at home or stay in hospital ! up to you ! So since that was my first experience , I decided to stay in hospital BUT have to pay one extra night stay there !! One thing is that you dont have to rush to hospital when you are really in pain at night !!
I could feel my frequent contraction after dinner 7pm. So by 12 midnight , I couldnt endure the pain and ask nurse to go labour ward ! Then baby delivered at 3+ am ! Heard from the nurse that if you admit hospital(TMC) after 12 am then you dont have to pay extra night ! ( I saw many ladies go in at 12 am in labour ward ) ( Not sure whether can they admit you in normal ward at midnight if you are not ready yet ) ...Maybe you can call them to check it out ! If you can admit to normal ward at midnight then can save one night $$ and its safer to be in hospital at night !

Augustmum, you're the first one! This is so exciting. Hope you have a smooth delivery. If I were you, I would wait at home. If I really can't tahan, then get hubby to send me to hospital. Personally, I don't like the idea of staying in a hospital. It'll be my first time staying in a hospital for this labour.

Aimee, I'll PM you her contact. It's her mobile phone so I don't want to disclose it here.

Aimee, I've PM you too! But very paiseh, I use the same email I've sent to Irenevinc &amp; didn't change your name. Sorry. ;p

Irenevinc, no trouble at all.
happy.gif

Hey Augustmum,

hope u have a safe delivery!!!!!!!! So exciting, u can finally see ur bb boy now!!!!!!!
bounce.gif
Congrats n God bless!!!!!!

hmmm... dono Augustmum delivered already ....

Hi all ,

How are you feeling today ?
Any of you have labour symtom already ??
Take care ! awaiting for your good news....

Hi gals,

I am back in action! Yeah, I am finding myself getting bigger by the day..finding the sharp pain at the cervix there more frequently these days....my gynae says the baby's engaged at wk 35...any chance of baby going back on breech or unengaged out of curiosity?

Augustmum - I am so excited for you cos my due date's supposed to be 12 Aug and you are due already!!!

Puggolite,

The chance of gg back to breech is rather low. But unengaged yes. No worries on tat as u can always give birth w/o bb head being engaged.

Hi Ladies,

There's a public talk tomorrow on down syndrome by SGH O&amp;G Dept. Thot you'd be interested.

Date: Saturday, 24 July 2004 (tomorrow)
Time: 2pm-4.30pm (1.30 reg)
Venue: Auditorium, 5th Floor, Revenue House
55, Newton Road, Singapore 307987

Fees: $8 per person
$15 per couple

If interested please call senior staff nurse (SGH) Choon Tee at 63265923 (8am-5pm)

2pm: What is down syndrome? What causes it? Who is at risk? Do they have special needs?

2.30pm: Screening tests for DS in pregnancy. Ultrasound? Blood tests? Both?

2.50pm: Diagnostic tests in Pregnancy-amniocentisis, chronic villous sampling

3.10pm: Putting it all together- which tests do I need?

3.35pm: Ready for "Newlife"?

3.50pm: Q&amp;A

4.15pm: Refreshments

Back