(2004/08) Anyone due in August 2004?

Hi gals,
How's everyone today? Anyway, I too bought the mothercare maternity pads but my sis told me to get whisper ultra with wings cause the last time, she exp side leakage with her Kotex maternity pads. So I'll be using the mothercare one at my mum's pl for confinement in the daytime and the whisper ones in the hospital and at night.

Also got the Avent ISIS breast pump, even though I'm not sure if I'll have enough. Since most places are not selling for $50 odd, thought I'd just get it now and the Avent electric sterilizer at $119. My sis used hers 5 yrs ago and it still works perfectly now. =)

Anyway still fig out Hanyu name for my daugh. So difficult cause I want one that sounds nice yet must have a gd meaning. Still hv nightmares abt my CL teacher in school whose name was Wu (surname for Goh) Lian (Lotus) Zhu (Pearl) and we ended up making fun of her name and calling her Wu (without) Lian (Face) Zhu (Pig), ie. Faceless Pig! So must ensure can't be made fun of.

So any of you decided on EL or CL names? Care to share? My daughter will be called Lynn-Sarah.

Hi Ladies!
Yeah, we'r all getting a week closer to our edd!=>

Congrats Sue, seems that ur bb's weight is fine, just right for her week. Sigh, my boy seems so light, just 1.7kg at 32 weeks. Worried that he might have prob if he still doesnt put in more weight for the rest of the weeks b4 birth. :<

Adrianny, do be careful of the antibiotics. There are times when i dont really trust medication actually coz nothing's for sure in this world. They may say it's safe now, years later there'll b research showing otherwise. Unless it's a must, then u take okie?

Beanie and Punggolite, i also bought the avent steam steriliser, from baby sayang, they had free delivery above $100. I heard from my colleagues, that before we give birth we must try out whatever sterilisers, food warmers we have else on the actual day we need it, we would be at a loss how to use it. So get some experience on how to operate it first hehe!

Andriany and Punggolite, Yah, i also saw the Pureen pads at Shop n save, selling for $7.50, is that ex compared to Mothercare's? How much does Mothercare's cost? Sigh, i hate the thought of going through menstruation after birth...

Valencia, lately i oso feel very hungry in the midst of night! But i too tired n lazy to go n get any food, plus i'm scared that after eating, i would have that heartburn sensation again, yucks:< N my toilet breaks get more frequent now, esp in the wee hours. Well, there r times when my body too tired, that toilet urge cant even wake me up haha!

Andriany, agree with u abt the diff of CL names. Must make sure both characters sound nice tog, n also with the surname. U know what, my hubby's surname is Sun, as in Monkey God, n this yr is Monkey year, mine's a boy, so i've to avoid the word Wu(realise), even though i quite like the word leh. All the hassles to avoid people laughing at our bb's names=> But quite a fun process to choose names, and all of a sudden we may realise y there's a period when there r so many of us gals with Ling or Hui. :>

By the way, i heard from my mil that we women after birth during confinement must try to wear long pyjamas, dont wear those night dresses, as too cold for us, and might affect our bones causing us to have arthritis when old. So do remember this okie? :>

Hi Valencia,

Most likely I will buy the one with wing as I am afraid of leakage and do remember to buy more disposable panties as is more convenient.

I have also fixed the English name but the chinese will wait till I give birth and get a shi fu to name for my girl.

Hi Lebit,

I tried fixing the steriliser yesterday with my hubby and he tried with the power on to make sure is working and everything looks fine. Is quite fun fixing it up. Anyway, is my MIL who is going to use it, so my hubby got to teach her. hee hee.

BTW, I heard from my SIL that we must wear socks and slipper during our confinement. So do remember k.

Is any of you girls going to engage a malay massage lady? I heard from my cousin in law is very effective for her. On the 6th day, she is able to wear back her normal jeans. BTW, she put on a total of 15kg and just gave birth last month. So most likely, I will be engaging one too.

Hi Valencia, got it. also replied you liao. Yup, my mum told me if water bag broke, can still wait awhile till contractions are nearer to each other then go hospital. I also bought the Avent Manual pump because my friends told me they tried both &amp; find the manual one better. Already show my hubby the medela electric pump in case I need it during confinement so that he can go &amp; buy.

Hi Leibit, in fact, I'm worried that my gal will be too heavy because gynae said her weight is slightly heavy than bb at 34wks.

Hi Andriany, any special meaning behind Lynn-Sarah? My hubby &amp; me only intend to give my gal a Chinese name. We might get someone to give her a name after birth. Hahaha.... your joke on the CL teacher is funny. That's why must be careful with chinese words &amp; their dialect translation.

Hi Beanie, I've already engaged a massage lady. It's $500 for 7 session. I've gained 13kg so far, must really go back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The massage helps to get rid of the wind in the tummy &amp; improve our blood circulation.

Hi all,

The Avent steriliser can only be used for Avent milk bottles rite? me thot of getting Pigeon one. Is it gd? U mean we can also put in the breast pump into the steriliser together with the milk bottles? All these r giving me a headache cos I remember last time,pple dun use steriliser, jus use a pot to sterilise all the bottles.

Hi ladies,
If you need to do any shopping, do check out the John Little Warehouse Sale
Singapore Expo Hall 4
23-Jun-04 to 27-Jun-04
Start Time: 10:30; End Time : 22:00

Show Profile:
Sale featuring Houseware, Ladieswear &amp; Lingerie, Menswear, Household Linen &amp; Bedding, Childrenwear, Toiletries &amp; Cosmetic, Nursery Accessories &amp; Equipment, Toys etc.

Happy Shopping!

Hi gals,

Beanie - you are welcome. I will be using Medela PIS but looks quite ugly like a school bag...cannot imagine bringing that to work!!

Leibit - the mothercare ones that I bought the last time round cost me $2.50 cos I got some discount coupon fm Mothercare so just used lor..that's when my colleague told me that the pads are slightly shorter compared to the pureen ones...i hv packed the pureen ones into my bag and realised that they are very soft. The price for the pureen brand is about there...i also got it at $7.50 at Kiddy Palace. If not, see if you can buy it at JL and make use of their $5 voucher when you accumulate other purchases. I bought 2 nite dresses fm Mothercare, not long sleeved ones though unless i sleep in aircon places...very soft and comfy cos i am afraid of the hot weather by the time i deliver since i hv to do confinement..think better treat myself better since cannot bath for at least a few days....

Good news for mamas - I used the ABD Washing Powder on my baby's stained clothes and it removed the stains effectively plus there is a nice smell so think can consider this brand for yr next purchases!

Skyblue - the pigeon one is equally good and i think it's cheaper too for a brand new one compared to Avent brand. Yr pump can be sterilized 2 ways - either using the tablet (when you are out) or using the steam sterilizer. Up to you. Should be able to I bought a 2ndhand Avent sterilizer cos i'm stingy and don't want to spend $100+ on a brand new one. It's better to use the steam sterilizer over the old fashion days cos can save more water...i remember my friend's gyne telling her that it is more hygenic to throw away the pot of water with every sterilization exercise which can waste a lot of water in the process so really up to the individual. For my mil - think she'll still pref. the olden days method of sterilizing the water in the pot.

Andriany - Lynn-Sarah sounds really lovely...very English indeed. Good Choice!!

Hi Everyone,

havent log on for a while, seems like the topics move fast
happy.gif
Had a busy and fruitful weekend - almost completed my list of items to get for baby
happy.gif

Leibit - i'm also attending the prenatal class at MAH, but it's the Thurs class cos the sat one is full liao
sad.gif
i knock off at 6, so everytime got to take cab there...
i bought a pack of maternity pads from Kiddy Palace, but cant remember the brand. But i've stocked up on whisper ultra with wings in case cant get used to the maternity ones.

Beanie - welcome to this thread. We're still thinking of the CL name for baby. Difficult choice though...
Will be getting a massage lady if condition permits - meaning no c-section. You got yours through recommendation? Is $500 for 7 sessions the market rate?

Gals, one thing abt steriliser -> heard from friend and sil that unless you get those express ones, if not it can really be a long wait to get your equipment ready. i have one handed down from sil, but she seldom use and pref. the boiling method.

Will be busy washing baby's items these few days. The shopping over the weekend really makes us feel so satisfied
happy.gif

Leibit,

I wish I can be like u. Hungry and yet still can sleep.

Beanie,

U mean there is maternity pad with wings? Not tat I know of leh. Yeah. I got my disposal panties already. But I onli got two packs of the maternity type. Cos seems rather big. Afraid I might be "swimming" inside. Hehe....

Skyblue,

I bought the pigeon steriliser. Heard gd feedback on it. Yes, u can put the pump in the steriliser. The steam steriliser works on the same theory as using the pot to sterilise.

Puggolite,

I got nite gowns fm Mothercare oso. Izzit the short slvees cotton one? Very comfy tat one.

Yest went to see gynae. So happy tat I din put on any week since my last visit, which was 2 wks ago. But my boy had put on another 0.5kg. So at wk 33+, he is 2.5kg and I had put on 14.4kg :p

Hiya ladies,
Wow Valencia, congrats on not putting on any weight since yr last gynae visit! I'm actually quite worried about weighing myself this Sat. Still rem during my 2nd trimester, my hubby went for training in the US for 1+ mths and I ended up going out with my gfs for lunch, dinner, blah, blah, blah and ended up gaining a hefty 3.6kg in a mth! Freaked me out man, and got a chiding from gynae, telling me to be wary lest I balloon. Heh. So there went my weight watching. Think I'll gain abt 15kg in total for this pregnancy. Sigh...compared to my reed thin preggie sis, I'm like a whale.

Beanie, where did you get yr contact for the Malay massage lady? I really need one soon and my mum seems to have lost the contact for the lady who massaged my sis 5 yrs ago. Think these ladies really do wonders...hoping I won't have c-section so can start off massage asap.

Aimee, I'm in the process of washing bb's clothes too. Just handwashed one batch just now and realised I don't hv enough space to hang the rest so will be washing the last batch sometime soon.

Sue, the reason for our choice of name? Well, my hubby likes the name Sarah. In some contexts, it means 'leader', in others, it means 'princess'. Anyway, my parents say that Sarah's a strong name, so my dad suggested that we balance it off with Lynn. Can't quite rem what it means now though. Have to ask dad again. Heh. Yup, so to be fair, giving MIL chance to come up with CL name.

All of you packed yr bags yet? I've got to pack a bag for hospital and another bag of baby stuff to bring over to mum's pl and I've not even started! Gosh, so behind time...

Hi Val,

Yes, it's the one from Mothercare - 2 for $49. I bought the pink/stripped ones - just washed them yesterday...went for gyne visit yesterday too...Baby's now 1.87kg - wow..she gained 550g within 3 weeks...

Andriany - you know what? I just washed the stained ones only...my hubby so funny...he said just wash the smaller sized ones...the bigger size ones can wash at a later stage when baby's out if there's no time/space to keep!I also haven't packed my bags yet so dun worry....my hubby was the one who kept reminding me abt it.

aimee- i think the pigeon and the avent ones (100+ range) are both express steam sterilizers so not to worry.

For those ppl receiving handme down electrical stuff (e.g. sterilizer, breast pumps, food warmer etc), pls remember to test the items again to make sure they work cos electrical items not used for a long time may malfunction/not work.

At last a thread for august mother!!..my EDD is 12aug, giving birth at NUH..
Have you guys started packing for the delivery??..didn't really know what to pack...read from a magazine that we should start packing aournd 34 weeks to get ready.
I think my nesting instinct is here too..will get frustrated whenever i see things in a mess (esp my husband's family living with us...they don't do housework) and somemore my husband ban me from doing any housework!! ..and my legs will get soar after standing too long....

Andriany,

But during the last visit b4 yest, I putted on 4.4kg within a mth leh. When I saw tat, I really freak out!!! I already putted on 14.4kg so far. Anytime I can hit 16-18kg for the whole pregnancy.

Need to pack hospital bag so soon ah? I onli intend to do it early Jul. Have not started to wash bb clothing &amp; bedding yet as I wanted to get the rack b4 washing. Hmm... perhaps go and get it tmr or so.

Punggolite,

I got the pink too. But got it b4 the sale @ $66. Find tat its really comfy and got another set (Navy Blue) during sale. But the pink ones find tat a bit transparent. Can see the undies :p

Any idea do we hv to bring along our nite gown to hospital?

Hi Valencia,

I think you can check with your gynae if it's normal for you to put on so much weight, as i think there's a guideline on that..it will depend on your weight before you get pregnant, something to do with the BMI...I think as long as the mum and the baby is healthy, it should be ok lah!
I think it's always better to pack early lor..cos i think if we wait till we're near our EDD..we'll be too tired and anxious to pack. I can recommend a magazine to read, it gives lot of information and i find it really useful, the magazine is call Pregnancy &amp; Birth (australia magazine) . The magazine even show woman giving birth!
Maybe this info will help..i went for my checkup last week (32wks), my baby was weighing 1.8kg, which the doctor say is very ideal..so by the time i'm due, the baby will be 3kg. He say a very ideal weight is 2.8kg.
He say the bigger the baby, the longer the delivery time, if my baby is 2.8kg, the delivery will usually be 6-8 hours..if bigger..it might probably take 10 hours!
Hey..anybody here with gestational diabetics??

Scoobydoo,

My gynae did not say anything abt my weight gain. Actually, I dun really bother how much I putting on now so long my bb is doing fine. Aiya...after delivery then I stress abt the excess weight. Hehe.... But my gyne did mention tat my bb is slightly abv avg weight. Est weight at birth is ard 3.5kg. Big bb = long delivery time? Hai~ like tat jia lat liao :p

Hmm... Then perhaps I should start packing now. But frankly speaking, I dun really know wat to pack. I will check out on the magz.

Hi Pungolite n Valencia,

If we use the steam steriliser, then no need to put tablets or anything except water? i think I'll get the Pigeon steriliser.

Hi everyone,

When u mention the night gowns, is it for wearing during the hospital stay or during confinement? Is dress kind better or the pants and shirt kind more ideal? Last time when i wear the dress kind of pyjamas, end up when i wake up, the pyjamas also 'roll' up to my thigh area already. So was thinking of getting the pants kind of pyjamas so that i dun 'expose' myself at the hospital.
blush.gif

I've also started washing my bb's clothes but lazy me used the washing machine. Got the Kodomo softener. Smells so heavenly. Like Andrainy, I also not enuf space to hang so have to wash on separate days. Those with stains I'll be handwashing once I get the ABD Washing powder. Feel so satisfied after the bb clothes r washed n folded n stored in my wardrobe.
happy.gif

Hi aimee,

I got my massage lady through my cousin in law. According to her, charges is $50 per seeion for 7 sessions and you got to pay for the medicine and other stuff. As for the market rate, I am not too sure. I will be using her since my cousin in law said is effective.

Valencia,

I have not buy the maternity pad yet, but heard from friends got wings. Got to check it out this weekend. I think 2 packs of disposable panties is not enuf. My friend bought 5 packs of 6 and in the end, her husband got to go and buy her another 2 more packs. But it depends on individual cause she used the disposable panties throughout her confinement. Most likely I will be doing that too.

I just got a booklet from TMC and in the booklet, it is recommended that we bring our own nightgowns (front-open type for easier breastfeeding)

Andriany,

If you want, I can ask the contact from my cousin in law. I have not ask her for the number yet. I also hope I dun need a c-section. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Punggolite,

The nightgowns you bought from Mothercare, is it the dress type or shirt and pant type and do they have fromt-open type for easier breastfeeding? $49 for 2 is a good buy. Will go and take a look maybe tomorrow.

I have also not pack my bag yet and have not finish all my shopping but already got all the big items ready. Hope to finsh all the shopping by next week and start packing mid July. Think I am most behind schedule in this thread. Hee.....

Anyone giving birth in TMC? If so, you should receive a booklet from them soon and in the booklet, they will infrom you what to pack, what they will provide. I find it very useful.

Hi mummies-to-be, better start packing the bag early. My friend's colleague's EDD is 6 Aug has already given birth. He's very kan cheong now because his wife's EDD is 29 July &amp; has not even pack the bag! Better be prepared.

Punggolite, glad that you found ABD is good. It was recommended by my colleague &amp; after my mum used it on those hand-me-downs, she said it removed all stains. Now, GSS so can buy one more box to store.

Valencia, I also bought the mothercare nursing dress, the pink/stripped ones. It's look comfy. So gd that you din gain any weight. Our bb's weight are pretty close. Mine's 2.4kg at 34wks. My gynae also commented that my bb is slightly heavy, my hubby is worried that I'll have prob delivering since I'm not very big frame but gynae told him it's ok. I can deliver up to 3.5kg, more than that might need c-sect.

Andriany, thanks for the explanation on Lynn-Sarah, it's a nice name. I've also yet to pack my bag but will start soon. Your sister is also preggie now. When's her EDD?

Hi ladies,
Scoobydoo-Welcome to the Aug MTB thread! Anyway, really envy you,yr hubby ban you from doing housework....how lucky can you get? =P You're staying with yr in-laws? So how's it like?

Val-Hey don't worry about weight gain...I threw it out the window after I put on 3.6 kg in April. Hai...We'll all work hard to fit into our pre-preggie clothes and share tips on how to lose weight yeah? Anyway, I had my part-time maid iron all my pre-preggie clothes to fill my wardrobe so that I can psyche myself into exercising after deliv to fit into them since I spent so much money over the yrs on clothes. Still so many Mango and Zara clothes that I bought before I found out I was preggie that have never even been worn yet! Gosh.....that's an incentive to lose weight man. Oh yes, Val, you just reminded me abt washing the bedding. Totally forgot abt it....thanks for the reminder! =P

Skyblue-I bought three button down nightgowns (short-sleeved ones) and also one set of short-sleeved top and pants. Bringing the pants set and 2 nightgowns to hospital, just in case got leakage.

Beanie-I bought pack of 40 disposable undies. Hope it's enough or have to get hubby to buy more. Think he'll freak out. Ha. Anyway, would apprec if you could get the massage lady's contact for me...need to lose this flab asap after deliv.

Sue-You just scared me into setting aside a deadline to pack....worried that I may be early. But thing is, not even done washing all the clothes so must hurry. Hmm, ABD is really gd eh? think I should buy one too, in case of stains later. Thanks for the recommendation. Oh yes, my sis's EDD is a week after mine-4 Sept. So qiao right? So there may be a chance we'll give birth on same date?! And horrible thing is, we share same gynae...so all of you pls pray it doesn't happen!

Anyway ladies, just to check, did any of you buy diapers yet? If so, anyone knows where to get cheapest Pampers Baby Dry? Helpful Punggolite, Eastshore provides 1 pack of Pampers Premium Newborn right? Do we still need to stock up on Newborn ones or just buy Small? Would apprec any input. Thanks!

beanie,

Wat I meant was, I got 2 packs of maternity &amp; 5 packs of normal disposable panties. The nitegown fm mothercare is meant for breastfeeding.i.e got front buttons.

Sue,

I actually oso quite small frame. Height is 1.56cm and my pre preg weight was 42kg. My gyne din mention I may need to go thru C-section though he said my boy is slightly heavy.

Andriany,

I oso engage a part time maid to do all my house chores, including ironing. Hmm...Maybe after I delivered, I will get her to iron all my pre preggie clothes oso. Hope it helps.Aiyo...I bought a 2 pc swim wear before I found out I was preg. Yet to wear it leh. Now with the ugly stretch marks, I dun think I hv the cheek to wear them
sad.gif

Dun stock up diapers since bb outgrown them rather fast. U will be surprised to see the rate they grow.

My mum told me not to use Pampers thruout the day since its rather ex. She suggested to use a cheaper brand in the day time and Pampers in the nite. Any brand to recomend?

Punggolite,
thanks for the advice. Guess will have to do some checks on the items bought/handed down. i just left them in the room after getting hold of them...can you imagine how lazy i am
sad.gif

Scoobydoo,
Welcome to this thread!
happy.gif

Actually have been wanting to pack early...cos heard &amp; read alot abt early deliveries. Just that always busy with baby's things rather than packing my stuff. But whatever it is, will get down to it this week...still got to write instructions for my hubby, cos he doesnt know where the things are in our house! ;p

Valencia,
Good to pack early, so you'll know what you are in need of. Anyway, for the gowns, depends on whether we want to wear the hospital ones or our own right?

Andriany,
wah, you bought so much disposable? i bought 3 x 6 over the weekend and i was wondering if that's alot leh...
Anyway, me bought a pack of Fitti NB size, and a pack of drypers S size. Dun dare to stock up too much cos people always say bb grows very fast.

Most of you have managed to get night gowns from Mothercare...prob will drop by this weekend to check it out.

Anyway, a trend that i realise is: the bigger the baby, usually delivery time is longer (what i realise in friends and sil who've given birth).

Whatever it is, relax and just look forward to the day!
happy.gif

Wow , few days not here ...so many posting already!
Hi Andriany , I think have to buy 1-2pk of NB diaper cos hospital only use one pk then remaining you can bring back !
Unless you are using cloth diaper then you dont have to buy loh !

Hi Sue , yah Mrs Wong is very friendly and like to jokes alot right ?I did not attend her lesson but I did have chance to talk to her previously.

Hi Leibit , you talk about Episiotomy ....oh ...I can still remember the pain when Dr cut !!! cos I did not use Epidual ! but the pain is very short lah ...dont scare you ....

Hi scoobydoo , Dont think bigger baby = longer delivery ....I think it has to depend on individual ! Dont worry now...

Hi ladies ,
You all should also take note of "SHOW" ...its a sign that you are going to give birth too...not only waterbroke.
And I think its better to go see your gynae first then decide whether to admit to hospital immediately or later!

Hi Aimee,
Yep seems like I've bought lots of disposable panties eh? Heh. But thinking of using them also during confinement so that I don't have the hassle of washing undies if they get stained.

Hi Val,
Read from the diapers thread that Petpet and Drypers give out some kinda gel so am thinking of just sticking to Pampers Baby Dry. Pack of small (46s) costs $11.90 at Fairprice but one mum in that thread told me when there's promotion, price goes down to $10.95 or so. Although I have to agree that Drypers is much cheaper...in a dilemma now.

Hi irenevinc,
That's what I thought cause I'm sure babies use diapers very fast. Pampers NB is super ex...wondering if I should just tell my practical hubby's close pals to buy us Pampers of various sizes. =P No way am I going to use cloth diapers cause my mum will be looking after my newborn daugh, my sis's newborn son and her other 5yr old son all at one go, with the help of a maid so it'll be madness in Punggol once we pop.

Just went to JL Warehouse sale. Nothing much to get but saw a Mothercare car seat suitable for 0-4 yrs (that's selling in Mothercare for $166) going at $139. Thinking of bringing hubby over the weekend to take a look. Asked sales staff and she said they were from Kaki Bukit. Anyone been there to buy car seats, playpens or cots?

Hi hi!
Andriany,
Ok lah..my husband banned me from doing housework, so sometimes i will "threaten" him to do for me..or else i'll do it myself!!(haha!).
Ya..in in-laws staying with us..not a very good experience lah, they are ok lor but i'm don't really know how to communicate with them, so me and husband always stay in our room. But they are moving out soon..cos my mother-in-law keeping 2 dogs!..then she didn't want to give away one..so they decided to move out.
Hey..anybody here not going back to work after delivery??..need to have some opinion.

Andriany, it will be double happiness for your family if you &amp; your sister give birth on the same day.
happy.gif
I'll be using clothes diapers &amp; drypers during the day. Maybe at night then use pampers but we have not buy yet. My colleagues told me to switch between clothes &amp; drypers to reduce nappy rash. One of the brand you can buy is Nepia. Heard that it's cheap &amp; good. If you have MOtherhood (Jun issue) mag, can get 2 free samples by sending in the coupon.

Valencia, you are even smaller frame than me. My pre-pregnancy weight is 46kg &amp; I'm only 155cm. So I look like a ball now. ;p

Have you gals started taking the coconut juice? I started my first one last Sat.

Hi ladies!

Wow, this coming month seems to b a much busy month than usual huh? With all the washing of bb's clothes, purchases of bb's items, being a bb is so privilege now :>

Irenevic, u mentioned that pain during episiotomy is short, how short is it? Hopefully it doesnt last more than 15 mins. I'm really quite concerned abt it, coz i think that's the greatest fear i have. Really dun know what's my threshold for pain :p

Andriany, u sure bought a lot of disposable panties! Shd b enuff. I bought 4packs of 6, n tot if i need more, wld ask hubby to go n buy. I showed him where to buy this, as well as the pads and pampers just in case. Dont want to buy too many, else stock up in house takes up space. I went to Kaki Bukit, there r 2 shops selling bb's products- BB Kingdom n BB Hyperstore. Just a short distance away from each other. Bought an aprica pram frm BB Kingdom, they had better offer, as the sales over there gave discounts even though their price is much cheaper than that from stores like Robinsons. They also have other brands of prams such as Graco n Combi. However, the cots over there seems to be much smaller in size than the ones i saw in Robinsons...mayb my eyes r playing tricks on me? I bought a pack of pampers premium NB(36). Yah very ex, but tot of trying this brand since my colleague highly recommended it.

Scoobydoo, so u've been staying w ur in-laws? Who's doing ur confinement then? I'm also staying with in-laws, and my mil wld b doing confinement for me. But i've no idea how much i shd give her. Afraid that if i give her too little she might say i'm ungrateful. But if i give too much, i tot i might as well ask others to do...sigh. Will b working for a few mths after birth, though hopefully can get no pay leave, depends on situations then. Wonder will we b in time for the new maternity leave that govt's gonna announce?

Sue, I heard that coconut juice is to prevent jaundice in bb. Is that y u r drinking it? Really, we've so many things to eat n drink: calcium, iron, chicken essence, coconut juice, haha, guess that we really have to b firm abt our post-natal exercise! These few days, the tot of early delivery has been lingering on my mind, so that's y i tried to complete my tasks at work as soon as i can. But at the same time, i feel so tired, want to sleep n sleep, m i normal? :D

Will u gals b working right to ur edd? Or will u b taking leave way b4 that?

Hi Andriany,

I haev got the contact for the massage lady from my cousin in law. The lady's name is Maria and her mobile number is 9366 5484. Her charges is $50 per session and $10 optional for another medicine (my cousin in law told me she was recommended to take the optional medicine for wrapping as she took the epidural and experience slight pain on her back, but after the first session, the pain subsided). So if you are thinking if taking the epidural, you may like to consider paying another $10 more per session. Are you having your first baby? My cousin in law told me that for first baby, normally sher will recommend 5 to 7 session depending on individual progress. So you may like to call her and see how. I should be calling her these few days.

Valencia,

Ok, now I get it. Thanks for your info. Will definitely go down to Mothercare tomorrow night to take a look at their night gown.

Anyone going to the JL warehouse sale at the expo? Thinking of going this Friday but worry that it is going to be extremely crowded.

My sister in law recommended me Huggies Dry Comfort and I bought one Medium pack (66pcs) to store. I already bought two packs of pampers baby dry small size (46pcs) and TMC will be giving one pack NB. Just wondering if is enuf? Any advise from you ladies? BTW, I will be using cloth diaper too as my MIL will be looking after my girl.

hi all.. i am very new to this thread and glad to meet u gals.. i m due on the 3rd aug and this is my first baby.. hearing that we have to pack hospital bag now already? what has to be consist inside? i haven get anything for my baby at all..

Andriany,

I got my bb cot fm Kaki Bukit (BB Hyperstore). But there are two shop. BB's Hyperstore &amp; BB kingdom. Personally I feel tat BB Hyperstore better.

Sue,

I heard tat its gd to drink the coconut juice. But too sure when should I start. I can drink now? Wats the rationale of drinking?

Leibit,

I will be working till my EDD. Even if I take leave, at most 1-2 days earlier onli.

Hi Andriany , its good to use disposable panties during confinement too. During confinement , ur hand cannot wash too much in cold tap water !
Wow , can your mom take care of two baby ?? Really tough ! think you will be stress during your confinement then....

Hi Scoobydoo , me thinking of quiting my job after my maternity ...but not confirm yet , see how then...

Hi Sue , I havent start drinking yet ,..really good to drink ???

Hi Leibit , Dont worry , its just 1-2 seconds...
My company force us to take our maternity leave 10 days before our EDD ! So no choice ..rest early.

Hi Beanie , I think for Diaper , just buy some at home to use after you give birth ...when not enough then ask hubby go and buy . Dont buy too much to keep. Especially NB diaper ,quite small and you also do not know your baby size yet !

Welcome Joey , I am also due on 3rd ...Which hospital will you deliever ?

Hi Irenevic, you went through the episiotomy before? Will the pain continue after the stitches are done or the anesthasia wear off? Must be tough to take care of the wound after delivery. Actually me also worried abt this...sigh.

Hi Scoobydoo, me will be going back to work after my maternity (depending on whether i'm eligible for the changes in Aug
happy.gif

What abt you? Who's helping you take care of bb?

Hi Leibit, will be working till EDD, of course if doc gives MC then i'll take also loh
happy.gif
But heard from my friends that waiting at home is not a nice feeling. Better go back work and keep yourself occupied.

Hi Beanie, like what Irenevic said, dun buy too much. i've stock up 2packs of NB and 1 S size...in case not enough, ask hubby to go buy loh
happy.gif

Hi Joey, welcome to this thread. Seems like we have more and more Aug babies :p
Wow, havent get anything for bb yet? Are you having hand-me downs? If not better go get some items during the sale. i heard GSS is ending this fri?

Hi gals,

got this list from somewhere. i havent pack, but i think most of the items are there...
Hospital Bag For Admission

- Daddy's &amp; mummy's identity cards
- Letter from Gynae
- Marriage Certificate (if registering for baby's name at hospital)
- Booking Slip for admission
- Notebook, writing materials

For Baby
- 2 baby tops (1 long sleeve, 1 short sleeve)
- 1 bottom (optional - normally bb put on diapers and wrap up with blankets)
- 2 pair of mittens n booties (preferably bb socks coz' booties are too big on new born
- 1 receiving blanket with hook
- Handkerchiefs

For Mummy
- Maternity or Normal pads (Day &amp; Night use)
- 2 night gowns with front opening buttons for nursing
- Bedroom Slipper (optional)
- Inflatable ring (After Episiotomy) - can loan from hospital too
- 1 pack cotton or disposable panties
- Clothes for after discharge
- Book/Magazine
- 2 nursing bras
- 4 nursing pads
- 1 face towel
- Toiletries (Hospital will provide you with a toiletries kit - toothbrush, toothpaste, cleanser, toner, moisturizer, etc)
- A pair of socks (if feeling cold at night)
- Plastic bags for soiled clothings
- Handphone &amp; charger

For Daddy/Misc
- A jacket
- Digital camera (CF card, batteries, charger)
- Video cam (batteries, tapes)
- Essence of chicken/Red bull
- Chocolate bars &amp; snacks
- Tissues/ Wet tissues

BTW, how many milk bottles have you gals bought or are going to buy? My sil gave me 4 125ml ones and i was wondering if it's sufficient..

Hi Aimee,

I actually bought eight large NUK bottles and 4 small ones. SIL gave me another 4 Avent bottles.A bit KS right?

Actually, this is the number my sis advised me to buy. She said sterilise a few together is better - save time. My colleague advised me to buy small ones for NB so that baby will not suck in too much air. You may like to check how many bottles your striliser can hold at one time.

Augustmum , you quite KS leh ...so many bottles !Do you intend to fully breast feed your baby ?
If not , I dont think you need so many !
Usually big bottles are use when newborn grow older.

Aimee , yah I went through episiotomy for my first child. Hmmm... can feel the cuting and stitching loh.... its not so painful after all. Only when you need to urinate ...oh...it painful "sting" !
They will give you antiseptic solution and cotton wool for you to clean . this is also quite painful... hmmm.think better dont say so much later you too afriad of it.. Anyway dont worry about the pain lah.... brave mummy...

Hi ladies, have you all decide which brand of formula milk for your newborn ? And you will need to buy 1-2 tin of the formula milk at home for emergency . In case not enough supply of breast milk !

HI Irenevinc,

Come to think of it, I'm not KS but veri KS ;P.End up with so many bottles cos' listen to too many advice and did not expect SIL to give me bottles too.

I intend to BF. I may give the extra bottles to my frens if I succeed. Ended up inheriting the bottles from SIL cos' she is too successful in BF and does not need the bottles at all.

I'm thinking of getting Similac. Was warned by colleague to standby one tin too.

Thanks Leibit and Val for sharg abt the Kaki Bukit stores. Will check them out this weekend. =)

Thanks, too, beanie, for the contact for the massage lady. Actually, like to find out, do we have to book her or only call her when we are due to deliver? Cause even if I were to call her now, I can only let her know my EDD right?

Hi scoobydoo, I've actually stopped working since late April. Trust me, it's not exactly a very gd feelg to stay at home, esp when I've been workin and earning my own money since I graduated. But no doubt it's been fun going for walks at shopping malls, checking out sales and catching up on my reading. It's been fine balancing accounts so far but I'll see how things go when baby comes in terms of finances. Hopefully can bf so it'll be cheaper. Got my mum on standby in case I intend to go back to workforce after confinement.

Hi Aimee,
I bought the Avent sterilizer and it came with some bottles. Only bought another 2 125ml bottles just in case.

Hi irenevinc,
Gosh, haven't even considered getting tin of milk powder! Guess I'm too optimistic abt hvg enough...haha! Altho my sis warned me tt she couldn't and her son was a glutton.....

Welcome Joey,
Better try to grab some stuff from GSS....
Tangs sale has ended on 20/6
Robinsons and Taka will end on 27/6
JL on 4/7
Isetan and Metro are last on 25/7

Anyway, just curious abt the coconut drink thingy....my mum and MIL hv been tellg me to drink soon, esp in last few wks b4 EDD.....but may I know what's its purpose?

Oh man, tomo's gynae visit....hope I hvn't ballooned in terms of weight. Argh! Can't bear to look in the mirror these days....I'm now a moonface! Help!

Hi Joey, i think the GSS is not ending today, but till July, but still good to go check out some items first else you may have too much to do at one go, esp when you have to wash bb's clothes
happy.gif
Are you expecting a prince or princess?

Hi Augustmum, you sure have alot of milk bottles! i intend to fully BF also, but i'm worried abt milk supply, and also what will happen when i return back to work, so want to find out more abt the milk bottles you all are getting...

Hi Irenevinc, is episiotomy now a must? i heard from the therapist during my antenatal class that the doc will perform this for us when we reach the crowning stage of labour to prevent tearing?? Do we not have a choice not to go through it?? Sigh, even if you do not tell me, the thought of it always make me feel so scared of the process. No wonder some would opt for c-section instead...
So how long does it take for the wound to heal?

Me havent decide which brand of formula yet, but a friend gave me a tin of similac cos his son got used to another brand at hospital...

Hi Andriany,
wah, think you should have quite a number of bottles (abt 8)? Prob during the time when not enough then send hubby out to buy some more loh :p

Me also going for gynae visit tomorrow...you so funny - dun even look in the mirror?
happy.gif

i still remember the gynae commented i look better now that i'm rounder! sigh
Let's update bb's progress here tomorrow ok!
happy.gif

Hi Andriany , wow , you so good , can stopped work since April ! Think for Massage lady , I will call her after delivery . If natural birth , think after 3 days can start massage . If c-section then must wait for 2 weeks !

Hi Aimee , I am also using Avent bottles . Its easiler for washing and putting milk powder because of wide opening ! Oh , about episiotomy , hmm ...not sure is a must or not now ! ( Think have to depend on your gynae.) Last time , my gynae did not ask me just do it when reach the crowning stage of my labour( to prevent tearing ). No choice..It will heal after about 6 days ... I dont wish to opt for c-section because it is more painful ! You have to stay in bed for one day in hospital after your c-section ..cant even go toilet !!! For natural , you can walk around after they take off your drip!! Its better.

I will be giving Friso 1 . My first child also use this brand so i decided to stick to it !
Me also going gynae tomorrow !

Leibit, I was told that coconut juice will help to ease the labour and also cleanse the bb. You know most babies are borned with a layer of yellow/creamy thing (dun know what you call). I don't intend to work till my EDD, most likely will get MC from my gynae or take leave. I'm also worried abt premature &amp; I've not even hand over my things to my colleagues yet.

Valencia, you may start drinking the coconut juice now. Suppose to be for smooth delivery. My colleague told me to start around 32wks but I started only at 34 wks. We are left with 5 wks now. Drawing nearer and nearer to meet our little ones.

Hi Aimee, I only got 3 small AVent bottles. Was told that I don't need so many for newborns &amp; sometimes, might get it as gifts. Anyway, we can buy the bigger ones after our confinement. Yah, will get my hubby to go &amp; buy more if there's no enough.

Hi augustmum, I wanted to buy NUK initially but was advised against it because my friend told me that some bb will reject NUK bottles. MOst bb will use NUK if you have been breastfeeding them because NUK teats are shaped like the nipple. I'm not sure how true so to play safe, I stick with Avent. I bought the sarong carrier, blue satin one. YOu can try Bum wear at NOvena Sq. I bought mine during Bum Wear office sales. There's no discount though.

Hi gals,

Haven't log in for a couple of days and voila! so many postings!!

Andriany - yes, Eastshore provides 1 pack of Pampers Premium NB but think you may want to stand-by another pack at home if you intend to use disposable diapers for the 1st 2 wks like me. If you think the cost is really expensive, then buy another brand n use pampers premium only at night for yr baby.

Aimee - don't worry, you are not the only one. I am only starting to wash my baby's clothes even though i have sort them out into 0-6mths, 6-12mths etc.

Val - I think the plain pink ones can see undies but the stripped ones shd be alrite. I shd be wearing the other hand-me-down night dresses fm my colleagues that's why only bought 2 pcs fm mothercare and you are rite - the material's really very comfortable. Ya, must bring yr nitegowns to the hospital..bring 2 will do, i think. if it's long sleeved,better cos they say may get cold in the hospital etc?

Beanie - think you prob bought the nitedresses...yes, it's dress form with buttons for easier breastfeeding purpose.

Hi Sue,
Thanks for the info on the coconut juice. Maybe I should start drinking from next week onwards then. Are we supposed to drink one a day or what?

Hi Helpful Punggolite,
Think I'll just get my hubby's practical colleag to buy a pack of 2 packs of pampers premium NB, and 2 packs of Pampers Baby Dry S size. Right now Giant's having sale on Pampers Premium for larger sizes but still think it's a bit too costly.

Hi aimee,
Thought I should update you on baby's progress. Am currently in 31st week and my daugh's 1.7kg. Gynae said it's ideal weight and she should be around 3.2kg at birth. So how did yrs go? And irenevinc too?

Hiya ladies,
Just back from shopping trip to buy cot. Finally settled on buying one from Taka...heh.....used voucher so cost us only a little.

Anyway, does anyone know if Sheng Shiong carries Pampers diapers and how much they go for? Would apprec input. Thanks!

Hi Irene,
i will deliver in SGH. hwo abt u?
happy.gif

Dear Aimee, Andriany..
hee.. i hope to grab something during GSS too but once i look at the large variety makes me giddy.. what are the first priority items to be purchased first?

and also.. i am expecting a boy-boy..

Hi Joey,
Here's the checklist I used when preparing for my baby which may be of some help to you. I've placed an asterisk to indicate which items are top priority.

ITEMS REQUIRED FOR BABY:-

EXPENSIVE ITEMS
Electric Bottle Sterilizer
Cot * (unless you intend to use playpen w/ bassinet instead of a cot)
Cot full set bedding *
Pram *
Rocker
Breast Pump *
Car Seat
Playpen
High chair

CHEAPER ITEMS
Baby bathtub w/ non-slip mat *
Milk bottle carrier
Diaper change mat
Milk Bottles * (if you don't intend to breastfeed or if you need to supplement breast milk) Note that Avent electric sterilizer comes with bottles too.
Pacifiers
Receiving blankets *
6 sets Vest and long pant sets (0-6 mths) *
Bodysuits (0-6 mths)*
Bibs *
Mittens *
Booties
Socks *
Baby towels
Milk powder container
Washcloths
Breast pads *
Cotton wool balls
Baby bag

DAILY NECESSITIES
Wet wipes
Diapers *
Milk powder (if not breast feeding)

Hope the list helps...
Anyway to me, best places to get baby stuff is Robinsons Centrepoint or John Little, Specialists Centre...one stop shopping. Some people swear by Kiddy Palace but for me, it's way too far, nearest one at Century Square so depends on where you stay.....have fun shopping!

thks andriany.. reeali appreciate that .. will drag hubby to there hopefully today.. :p

i think i stil on holiday mood.. just sleep and sleep the days through.. hee maybe its my first baby and my mentality is " my mum will take care all for me"..

:D

Andriany, don't drink one a day. It's too much because coconut is cooling. Take it only once a week so I always take it either Sat or Sun when I'm out for dinner. My friend told me to eat the flesh as well because it's oily so it helps in smooth delivery. She swears by it because she has an easy labour.

For those delivering at MAH, they will give you a bath tub as baby gift so don't have to buy.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,

I'm also delivering in Aug.. EDD 23 Aug, seems to be later than many of u all.... Anyone near this date?

Hear many pple talking abt this coconut juice. Is it any type of coconut?

Back