(2003) Calling all 2003 babies

Hi Mummies,

I hope to join in this firendly forum, I have a boy who will be turning 5 this November.
happy.gif

Hi Wanwan, yep thought the diary is a good way for him to write and read becoz he will show me and then I'll correct him and also reply his entries, like a letter. Anyway, are you in the 2002 thread. Don't want to stress the mummies here with P1, which will start next year. heheee!

Hi Jan,
Dun think I am in the 2002 thread, or am I? Hee Hee quite new here and still finding my way around...will find my way to reach U in other thread...yeah I think I have found U in the 2002 thread. With connect with U there. I have a 5yr boy also so will join this thread too learn more from other mummies
happy.gif

Hi Wan wan, yep this thread is more active usually, while the 2002 thread heats up occasionally, like P1 registration anxiety!
happy.gif
Hope to meetup with you and kids sometime since their age matches.

Speaking of P1 registration, hv any mamas here decide on which school to enroll ur child to?? I still cant make up my mind.. I'm thinking between Jing Shan & Rivervale Primary...

Hi wan wan, the mummies here have gatherings occasionally. Where do you stay? The west mummies tried to meetup with activities for kids but our schedules were tight. Year end holidays be better. Sherlyn?? she is our initiator.
happy.gif

Hi Jan,
I stay in the north but I do bring my kids around the island north south east west...hee hee. Oh, the mummies here are very active yeah. It's really great to hear that you people do meet up occasionally as I feel mummies need to have a support group to share the ups & downs.

Hi Isabella,
My boy is gg P1 next yr, has already registered at a sch at the north. So you stay at Seng Kang area? I heard this 2 schs are not bad. They have quite unique approach to learning esp in the area of creativity. I recall reading about these 2 schs in the ST abt 2 mths ago.

Wan Wan
Me actually staying at AMK now. Will be able to get my new flat at SK in 2 yrs time. I called up Rivervale Pri and they told me that for the past 9 yrs, they have balloting even for those staying within 1KM, my hse is out of 1KM so I'm thinking if I wanna take a risk.. As for Jing Shan, It's near my MIL house and they have no balloting at all these few years, so it's like a sure thing to be able to get in... That's why I'm so headache..

I agree with you that these 2 schools not bad. I have a chinese teacher who taught me when I was in P4 teaching at Rivervale Pri now.. She's one of the best teacher I ever had. She pulled up the whole class result.. Not only for chinese but for every subjects... that yr, my class averae about 70marks for every student, every subject... And I got over 91 marks (A* grade) for the first time.. That's why I wanted so much to place my kids there... Hoping so much that my kids will have a chance to be taught by her..

Isabella,
My HB & I were also having headache in choosing sch for our kids. Neighbourhood schs? Gd ones need volunteering work or balloting. Gd schs? But boy needs to take sch bus. So finally registered him in my old sch so no need balloting but need to take sch bus.

So I am looking for a flat at AMK, TPY or Bishan because my boy schs is somewhere near Bishan. But the flats around this area are so exp, even the new ones open for balloting at TPY abt $400K! Sigh, must be prudent in spending as this is long term committment & economy is slowing down now..

A BIG welcome to mummies who just join us!!
Sorry for MIA for a while.
Was bz selecting a new maid as my current maid decided to go home for good to take care of her 5yo daughter when her mum is hospitalised for the 2nd time for the same problem.
Given her a few attractive options but still can't change her mind to finish her contract ending next March.
Luckily, she is willing to wait till her replacement comes in 2-3weeks time.

Now I also dint dare to sign Jx for hol program just in case the new maid didn't work out or not trust-worthy & I end up w more logistic issues than normal sch days.

Hi Jan,

Year end holidays arent any better since alot of you go on overseas trip right? kekeke.

Anyway I did try my luck at planning a gardenia factory visit, but they only allow kids of age 5 and above. My girl do not fit in , and so are some of our 2003 babies' younger siblings. So I think i will put on hold first.

jpooh suggested Botanical garden earlier on. Who wants to second her suggestion? I am not very keen in botanical garden thou.

I just thot abt a wild idea. How about a booking a bintan bungalow and a few of us squeezing in. hahaha.

sherlyn, i went to gardenia factory visit before with a big group of parents. ds#2 just over 2, and they allowed ... saw many younger than 5 kids there, definitely. but maybe they change policy

.ky.

Hi,
I've brought my kids to the goat farm, frog farm and mushroom farm. My kids liked the goat farm as they enjoyed feeding the goats. The other 2 farms to me are so-so & I don't think my kids were very excited also. But it was an eye opener for them. We took only abt an hr or so for the 3 farms which are nearby. You may want to consider this but it would be better to engage tpt. Think CCs always have such tours, can check with them.

Thanks ky for the info. I did email them to ask and double confirm, and they told me must be 5 and above, so I guess they must have changed the policy ?

Thanks Wan Wan. I am aware of those farms, but bull frog farm requires a group of 40 pp, but of cos, i can join their existing group if they have any.

I am even thinking abt calling up Seng Choon egg farm to see if they allow visits. hahaha.

Hi wanwan, good that you are so mobile. heheh.. Yah, and also playmates for the kids.

I always miss the cc trips becoz don't really check and no 'advertisements'.

Hi Jan, I will check if there are any such trips organised by CCs and revert if there's any that interest you. I hang around CCs once a wk as my boys are having some enrichment classes there.

I also bring my boys to Pasir Ris Park where we have picnic, cycling, sand playing and playing at playground. A very relaxing place for my family. If any of you like these activities, you should consider bringing your children there. I highly recommend it.

Jan, sentosa got villa or bunglow to accomodate a few families? :p anyway, that is y i call mine wild idea lor .. not really achievable rite
happy.gif

Wow, it is coming alive again.

Sherlyn, remember we talked Gardenia visit when I was in Singapore. They do not entertain children under 5. When are you on msn now? Hope to catch up with you to chat chit.

Jan, so what's your plan for end-year holiday?

Pris ... msn ah, usually when kids napping and i cook lite dinner .. seldom at nite now cos dh use PC, unless he dun use, like now ..

I'm making plans to bring my kids to the zoo, bird park and wet wet wild during the school hols ... weekday. Anyone keen to join me? I've got my dates already, so pm me.

.ky.

Hi wan wan, thanks but your cc (north?) abit far for me right?
happy.gif
I know, am lazy should check website!

yah, pasir ris is nice but it's right at the other end for me! Stayed at the bungalow chalet there before with my family and envy those staying there, like a resort home.

Hi sherlyn, pris! no plans leh. Introducing badminton to kids so book court for available timeslots. Maybe a day at sentosa and visit to the birdpark. Consider signing them up for nafa holiday program but need to work out the schedule as it's for few weekdays.

Hi Jan,
No lah I thot of checking what other day trips CCs are organising & then you people can also consider going those places if you are interested, just for ref. For people like you who stay near the west, you can consider bringing your children to IMM playground. My boys like the place but last wk when I brought them there, the water playground was closed. Wondering if they have closed it permanently or just for that day. Or you can bring them to the Jurong's version of 'wild wild wet' at Jurong west. It's cheaper and your kids can spend the whole day there. My boys like the pools very much.

Hi Isabella,
We just been there last Sun, so don't think will go again so soon.
Anyway, bz training my new maid b4 my current maid leave this Sat.
Enjoy yourselves!!

Hi wanwan, can't do 9 nov. But should be going jbc in dec, if the weather permits. Let you know again and maybe we can meetup?

Hi mummies, just thought of sharing this with you. Can bring your kids along during weekends.

Carnival - SYT 10th Anniversary Celebration
Encounter with Nanyang Artists - NAFA Junior Art Exhibition 2008

Opening : 14 November 2008, 7pm
Dress Code : Casual Smart

Date : 15 November - 23 November 2008
Time : 10am - 6pm (Weekdays)
10am - 8pm (Weekends)
Venue : Gallery 3
NAFA Campus 1
80 Bencoolen Street
Singapore 189655
Enquiries : Ms Tang Yuet Sum | 6512 4159
Admission : FREE

“In the Museum” series
Teoh Kang Ting Constance

This exhibition is part of NAFA’s 70th anniversary and SYT’s 10th anniversary celebration. It features student artworks inspired by five Nanyang pioneer artists - Georgette Chen, Cheong Soo Pieng, Liu Kang, Chen Chong Swee and Chen Wen Hsi. Students aged 5-17 drew on the masterpieces as the stimulus for appreciation, imagination, and expression; connecting the traditions with the modernity in their creation of artworks.

Another few more days and our baby will be in K2. We will have to register them for primary school soon. Mummies, have u all decided on which school to enrol??? Haha~ I'm so excited! Can't believe my boy is so big now!!!!!!

any mummy sending their child for primary prepartory classes? any to recommend in amk? or any home tutor to recommend? i need a home tutor for all 3 basic subjects.

Hi isabellai, not sure abt prepatory classes but I bring my son to Montessori Math and Phonics classes every Sat at Marine Parade (I stay at Serangoon). It's a home-based setting. As for Chinese, my son will start his tuition soon on weekday evenings around my place. The tutor is his previous Chinese teacher. I find she's quite good. A native Chinese.

Hi Shrext,
I'm a SAHM staying in Sengkang.
Will be able to meet up on weekdays.
happy.gif

Hi Isabella,
Will b enrolling Jx in a sch near my place for convenience.
U so fast looking 4 tutors for ALL subjects already?
Y not assess if there is any learning gap 1st?
Else the kids will b bored in sch since they already know most of the stuff to be taught. For the same reason, we r not sending Jx to any preparatory class.
In fact, he is now having his 1st wushu class upon his own request.
happy.gif

Hi Vamiga,

That's great! Btw, is your son attending the Wushu class at Braddell CC? Is yes, then we can arrange to meet
happy.gif

Vamiga
Actually Travis is quite slow in learning, that's why i wanna let him go tuition. Am afraid that he couldn't catch up with the others and might find it stress when he goes to primary school...

Hi Shrext,
Your child is learning Wushu too? Been at it for long?
Jx's class is held at the basketball court a stone's throw away from my block.
happy.gif

Hi Isabella,
Had Travis been clinically assessed as "slow"? Sometimes, it could be a case of mis-matched expectation by anxious parents. What the kids need might be just more time to learn certain concepts/skills.

Do send him for a professional assessment if u r still worried, so that the therapist can advise u on the best way to help him cope in his learning.

Vamiga
Actually I wanna bring him to be assessed. But i dun know where can this assessment be done. Do you have any place to share??

Therapist at KKH say that he is slow in his speech development when he was about 20mths old. I dunno if that still counted now..

Back