(2003) Calling all 2003 babies

hi chaye,

ya, this thread like not very active le. u can go to www.kiasuparents.com. more for kids go to primary/sec sch.
happy.gif

Hi Mums!
I'm working for a local company and we have a milk bottle company interested in selling their new bottles to us.

The bottle is called The Milk Buddy. It aims to be a one of its kind multi funcitonal bottle. It has teats with air valves to reduce chances of infant colic and is made of BPA free plastic. It also has a colour strip thermometer that can tell indicate the temperature of the milk. It also has a detachable rubber bottom to facilitate cleaning from the bottom.The main funciton of the bottle is that it has a detachable milk powder compartment at the bottom where we can store milk powder for our kids without having to carry a seperate container. This would be especially useful for short trips where huge, bulky mum bags won't be needed.

I would like to get your feedback one The Milk Buddy and if you think it would be a good buy. Price range would be about $20. Please help me by giving me suggestions and your thoughts on the bottle.
Thanks!

Hi Mummies,

I am new here. I have two boys who are 6 years old and 10 years old. My youngest son is going to P1 next year but we have some difficulties getting him to focus on his studies. Any advice how to improve the concentration of a kid of his age?

I own a blog http://parentimes.com which shares the parenting insights of a working mum and her demanding life with 2 boys. Do visit my site and drop me your comments and views
happy.gif

My son is 6 years old now and having blocked nose at night, cant sleep well for months, like flu after wake up. Any good chinese doctor/Chinese medicine to recommend...? or any food to avoid?

Hi Fussymum, I think your son is having some form of allergies...my daughter used to have it and my son used to have night coughs till he contracted pnuemonia before he turns 2..I'm sick of giving them medication as it didn't help them much. SO I gave them a good basic nutrition a good antioxidant-multivit/minerals combination and a good dose of Fish oil. Fish oil is especially good for inflammation and also for their brain..

You can also give him probiotics. For my kids I give them a cocktail of antioxidant juice. All these on a daily basis...so far they are doing well,even if they fall ill, it will take a while to recover..I really appreciate good nutrition for my whole family now...
happy.gif

Hi chaye,

I also register my boy at Jing Shan Primary. Am so excited to find a mum here with kid who will be studying at the same school with mine Haha...

They will be having their orientation day on 21 Nov. Maybe after that u can tell me which class is ur girl going?

Fussymum,
that sounds like sinus....

Mummies,
Our kids will all be going to P1 next year. Any mummies thought of looking for a tuition teacher for your kids? I am caught between engaging a private tutor or to enroll him in group tuition. Actually hw should we gauge if our kids need tuition?

Any mummies how of any good enrichment centre in AMK teaching abacus, please PM me. Thank you.

Sure ! isabellali

Good to hear that both our kids will be studying in the same school ! will update you ! which kindergarten is your boy attending now ? My gal's at PAP near my mum's place and they provide P1 prepatory class since Jan and ending end of this month.

hi isabellali,

my younger son is also in P1 next year. in my personal opinion, if your boy has been attending a proper pre-school, able to read and write basic English/Chinese and Hanyu Pinyin, knows some arithmetic, he should be ready for P1. Observe how he is progressing in school for a few months before deciding whether tuition is needed. P1&2 syllabus builds on what is being taught in most preschools, except for higher Chinese, which may be a little difficult for some kids.

Chaye,
My boy is attending the childcare opposite Jing Shan. Have you heard of the after school service that Jing shan provides? I tried looking for more info on them, but am unable to find them anywhere..

JessChan
Thanks for the advice. My boy can do all you've listed. But am still afraid that he might not be able to catch up when he enters primary school.. Haha~ Kiasu mummy..

Hi,
I am the author of Parent Times at http://parentimes.com. You are welcome to visit my blog and share parenting insights
happy.gif

I am a contestant of the "I'm A Mom Blogger Contest" by Dumex Mamil Gold. Do support me and vote for me at http://www.natural-defence.com
happy.gif
(I am Denesa). Each voter is allowed to cast a vote every three hourly. Top Voter gets to win prize too
happy.gif
)

Hi isabelali

Oh your boy attending that YWCA cc ah ? I registered my #2 over there but is on waiting list now
sad.gif
wonder when got space.... Is it good har ?

Yes I heard abt the after sch service at JingShan cos I saw the banner outside their sch before. But it has been taken down since leh.. maybe closed down liao ?? Perhaps u can call the school n check it out ?

Chaye,

Nope.. That childcare is quite costly, they're at the buddhist childcare at blk 534. I tried calling Jingshan to enquire about the after school service but they say they are not sure as it was not a service provided by their school but external vendor.

Mummies,
I need some info on renovation. Would appreciate any info given. My new house will be ready in Dec. I will need to start sourcing for contractors for renovation soon. Would like to know the cost (rough gauge) of each of the following:
(Mine is a 3 room flat in SK)

- flooring
- window grills
- doors
- kitchen cabinet & cooking stove

Isabellali

Oh u put your boy at the Hui Ming childcare ya ? Good or not ? It's a long waiting list leh...
sad.gif
Moreover she told me they only accept children age 2½ onwards wor. My #2 is only 22 mths.

Renovation must ask me ma. I just finished renovating my unit. Your new hse also in AMK ? I renovated my 4rm unit everyting as what you mentioned above for about 25-28k. Final bill not out yet cos we added a lot of things along the way. He's quite good. He's a bao ga liao ID contractor. His office is at Thomson Road, a bit off Thomson Plaza so it's very convenient. If you want his contact you can PM me
happy.gif

Pls let me know if Hui Ming is good or not hor... hehe

Chaye,

Nope.. That childcare is quite costly, they're at the buddhist childcare at blk 534. I tried calling Jingshan to enquire about the after school service but they say they are not sure as it was not a service provided by their school but external vendor.

Mummies,
I need some info on renovation. Would appreciate any info given. My new house will be ready in Dec. I will need to start sourcing for contractors for renovation soon. Would like to know the cost (rough gauge) of each of the following:
(Mine is a 3 room flat in SK)

- flooring
- window grills
- doors
- kitchen cabinet & cooking stove

Hello every1!!
happy.gif

Isabellali,
Sorry, can't help w reno figures.
So yours is the new flat at Blk 400+ fernvale?
happy.gif

hi to all,

i am new to this 2003 thread.

I have two gals aged 5 and 1. I am currently staying in AMK but moving to Bt Panjang end of the year.

At current, my elder gal is studying K2 at Bethesda Church Kindergarten. I feel it is a good school as she has picked up alot on her Chinese in terms of writing and recognising since transferring from childcare. Teachers taught much on science and general knowledge too.
Overall, I am very pleased with the school cirriculum.

I hope to know more mummies from the forum and to share parenting information. Cheers!

Hi Vamiga,
Haha.. It's OK. Just trying my luck here to see if any mummies can help..
My new house is just opposite Rivervale Plaza. Quite a distance away from fernvale.

Twinklestars2,
Hihi! Welcome here!

hey isabellali

u r moving to rivervale but you just registered your boy to Jingshan leh.. need to change his school soon right ?

I registered my boy in Nan Hua Pri.

I am looking for a preloved bumbo seat, price below $30. Let me know if you know someone selling.

Hi Chaye,

Welcome to AMK town though i am moving away! haha

Since you hv been staying in CCK, any good enrichment ctres to reccommend?

I am sourcing for private piano teacher, english and maths teacher.

Btw, where have you registered ur gal in AMK?
Confirmed Jing SHan?

Hi twinklestars2

Yes confirmed Jing Shan liao.

I did not start my gal's piano until I come to amk hub. She's with cristofori now. There is a CCK central building next to Lot 1. Inside there are lots of tuition, music and dancing school. I put my gal into Kent Ridge Tuition Centre for phonics. Private ones I duno le...

Hi Isabellali,
Oh, been awhile since i passed by rivervale, dint know the new flats there r almost completed. So fast!!
happy.gif

So u will b celebrating CNY in new flat?

Hi Twinklestars,
Perhaps u can check w Cristofori teachers if they r teaching pte? Will b a good continuity.
Jx will b completing Yamaha's junior music course in < half a yr. Still not sure if 1 2 let him continue w either sch or go pte or just stop totally. He loves his class but not v keen to practise &amp; doesn't have e natural gift for music. So i m worried that if he were to go pte, it will b a chore sooner or later.

Hihi Vamiga,

Thanks for the advice. good idea, then will chat with the current teacher.

my gal is just like ur boy... asked her to stop lessons as she is not practising at all but but she refused. sighz... what to do??

Hi Chaye,

Maybe, still cant confirm anything yet.. There are too many things to consider.. Haiz~

Vamiga
Hopefully I can... =)

Mummies,
You got your kid's graduation photo yet? My boy got his already..

Hi twinklestar,
Ya ya, Jx also e same, refused to stop, as he enjoys e class. :b
Just keep throwing more $ in lor.
hahahaa...
At least he said he is enjoying himself &amp; playing on the keyboard makes him feel relaxed &amp; happy. I think that's good enough 4 now lah.

Hi isabellali,
Nice pix!
I'll love a full length grad pix but Jx's only half..
Having problem uploading his pix here due to pixel size. Perhaps u 1 2 peep into my Facebook?
Plse pm me ur email address so that I can accept u as friend.
Any1 else here in Facebook too?We can link up.
happy.gif

Hey Chaye,

I just received a letter from Jingshan today regarding the orientation day. The class is also stated in the letter... You know which class is your DD in?

Sorry that I missed your previous msg.
I find my son's childcare not bad.
Though alot of ppl think it's not so good.
But of course, they can't be compared to those montessori childcare.
But at least my son will come back and tell me AEIOU are vowels &amp; the other are consonants. In verbs, singular is with S with plural is without, these kind of things..
The spelling words they have last week is pollution, carbon dioxide, water vapours, etc.
So i think their standard is still OK.
Not like what others say that bad.

My new house is in SK, not in AMK
And it's only a 3 room flat.
Do you mind if you roughly share with me the breakdown???

Do you have facebook?
Can add me?

Hi isabellali

Yes I received the letter yesterday !!! and the class is already pre-destined. I wonder how they determined it ! So meaning they dun need to go thru assessment lor ? Moreover it is stated in the letter that you must come properly dressed and no slippers and singlets on the day of orientation.

My DD class is 1/6 leh... sounds like last class to me.

3 room flat should be much cheaper le cos new flat you wont need to do much ma and it's smaller. Got 3 room flat in SK ma ?

You can add me in FB : [email protected]

Hi Minnie,
The boys r riot as per usual when playing together.
Jx is getting v distracted &amp; dreamy when doing things, so really wonder how he going to cope when in pri sch.
Jb is v settled in his sch, so w both boys out of the house whole a.m, i'm able to get lots of things done (when i hv the mood lah~ hahaahaa...).
How's everything w u?
R u in FB?

Hi chaye, May i add u too?

Isabellali

I called up Jingshan primary and asked how do they determine the class allocation. The lady says it's decided by the principal. There is no streaming or assessment at all. All students for P1 &amp; P2 are equal. Streaming only starts at P3. There will not be any exam for P1 &amp; P2 too.

Mine 1/6 apparently is the last class wor
sad.gif
she told me it doesnt mean she is no good.

hi Chaye,
for my sch here, the kids will take an assessment during the orientation. Then class allocation will be given... my son had it last yr, so guess my girl will also hv it this yr. They says the test is just to identify the weak ones...

i suspect the sch did arrange them into classes base on their capability but they say no loh. They only group those weaker one so that they can teach them at a slower pace. Grouping got its good and bad, bec schools can teach the kids with paces that suits them. But some parents or kids will feel demoralised if they reealised they are in the weaker classes... For some if they mix the 'faster' one with the 'weaker' one together, the teacher teach all at the same pace might not be helpful to the kids either. Some clever ones might lost their attention if they find it too easy. If the teacher teaches too fast, the weaker ones might not be able to catch up, ended up losing interest also...

Anyway this is my own opinion only.
happy.gif

Yes natellehcim

this is how I feel too. But apparently this sch is not practising such lor. so sad
sad.gif

There wasnt any assessment given at all. And my gal has not even stepped into this sch at all. Only me and hubby who went there to do the registration for her during July.

hmm... any other schools have vacancies you might want to change? But every school has their strengths and weaknesses. not to worry. As long as you gal is prepared, she should not have problem in P1.
happy.gif
Are you aware no more textbooks for english? started from this year. They are using STELLAR prog.

Back