IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,
I will be returning red eggs at Toa Payoh Lian Shan Shuang Ling Si on Sunday 25 Feb, around 12 noon.

My TTC journey took a long while with several IUIs, miscarriage, and 3 IVF cycles. The pregnancy was also unstable at the beginning. But with ZSNN’s blessings and the support from some sisters here whom I chatted with, I’m blessed with my gal today!
My prayers and wishes are with all of you. Jia you! Baby dust to all.
Congrats!

Hi Kissryl. I hope you are doing well now, hugs.

May I ask for your 2 blasts transfer, its a fresh transfer?

My doctor advise to put 1, but nurse advise to put 2. We have decided to go for 1 in the next FET. :) hope it will go well.

Sorry didnt log in recently.. it's fet.. good luck to you!

Hi @towkayneo thanks you for your information. i still thinking of nature or medicated
natural FET is for those who is able to ovulate, BUT you need to monitor your ovulation as well as lining. I've come across cases whereby the lady has good lining but ovulation doesn't come (maybe due to stress) , the cycle has to be aborted. You have to keep checking your ovulation with the ovulation kit.

Medicated FET is for those who are not able to ovulate or those who want to focus on building up the lining to min 8mm. Once hit 8mm, can do ET. Less stressful.

Hi all,
Has anyone experienced repeated IVF implantation failure?
I have done 2 fresh cycles, 3 FET, total 20 embryos.
Zero managed to stick. Only one time it stick, but resulted in heartbeat stopped at week 7.
I am Super depressed now.
What else can I do?
I have seen dr Tan heng Hao, did 1 fresh and 2 frozen with him from 2014-2015.
Now my doctor is Dr sf Loh, seeing him from 2015-till now.
Today I just failed my 6th cycle. :(
I am 34, Hubby sperm no issues, my ovarian reserve is very good too. All was looking good, but it just cannotimplant.
Help

Hi all,
Zero managed to stick. Only one time it stick, but resulted in heartbeat stopped at week 7.
What else can I do?
I am 34, Hubby sperm no issues, my ovarian reserve is very good too. All was looking good, but it just cannotimplant.
Help

both of u do karotyping before to check chromosomes? maybe u can check out if havent done yet. last resort is to go through PGS or PGD to test the embryo before transferring

Hi all,
What else can I do?
Help

You may wanna try TCM and acupuncture to improve the blood circulation in the uterus. Cos if “cold” uterus, poor blood circulation, can also affect implantation and growth.

You may wanna try TCM and acupuncture to improve the blood circulation in the uterus. Cos if “cold” uterus, poor blood circulation, can also affect implantation and growth.
both of u do karotyping before to check chromosomes? maybe u can check out if havent done yet. last resort is to go through PGS or PGD to test the embryo before transferring
Hi lady091980, In Singapore, can we do pgs or pgd? Where can we do karotyping?

Hi all,
What else can I do?
Help

I failed Ivf fresh twice and have low reserve. Went to see a tcm doc who prescribed 3 months herbs. Successfully bfp on 3rd month even with low lining. Try tcm if you haven’t, it helps to condition your body and also improve egg quality. All the best!

Hi all,
What else can I do?
Help
hugs..i have no experience..but did dr loh suggest you to do hysteroscopy to check ?

Hi all,
What else can I do?
Help

If the embryo is chromosome abnormal it will not implant. Pgd can only do in spore if u have some hereditary issue. I don’t know if u have tried gluten free diet. No harm trying if u haven’t. I feel my diet somehow contribute to my bfp. I also do intralipid n hysteroscopy. Hang in there. I did 5 fresh n maybe more than 10 Fets to bfp. Not everyone is lucky to strike on first few tries.

If the embryo is chromosome abnormal it will not implant. Pgd can only do in spore if u have some hereditary issue. I don’t know if u have tried gluten free diet. No harm trying if u haven’t. I feel my diet somehow contribute to my bfp. I also do intralipid n hysteroscopy. Hang in there. I did 5 fresh n maybe more than 10 Fets to bfp. Not everyone is lucky to strike on first few tries.
hi bunny, are all yr fet with dr loh? can share how he did the fet as in lining reaches xx mm and is it medicated or natural..

normally he freeze day 2 or day 3 and will e embrie quality degrade when thaw after freezing or the grading remains e same...

many thanks

Last edited:
Hi all,
What else can I do?
Help
I have low ovarian reserve.i have very thin lining despite all the max drug dosage to thicken them.i did 1 iui. 2 fresh. 1 medicated Fet. Which resulted in bfp and i just delivered my Lo 1 month back. What i did for last cycle was since i knew my condition on unable to implant due to thin lining was 5.8 at last Fet which dr insist on continuing the cycle...i went to private for intralipids treatment of 2 cycle before Et and after Et i think and i went ahead with additional support of prolacton jab which government hospital dont usualy provide unless fresh bleeding occurs. So generally i think my Fet success was due to that.And im under dr tan hh.1st thing 1st must know whats your main issues.like mine only implantation and lining issues.

Last edited:
I have low ovarian reserve.i have very thin lining despite all the max drug dosage to thicken them.i did 1 iui. 2 fresh. 1 medicated Fet. Which resulted in bfp and i just delivered my Lo 1 month back. What i did for last cycle was since i knew my condition on unable to implant due to thin lining was 5.8 at last Fet which dr insist on continuing the cycle...i went to private for intralipids treatment of 2 cycle before Et and after Et i think and i went ahead with additional support of prolacton jab which government hospital dont usualy provide unless fresh bleeding occurs. So generally i think my Fet success was due to that.And im under dr tan hh.1st thing 1st must know whats your main issues.like mine only implantation and lining issues.
Hi @hajar did you request for prolacton jab during tww? I was thinking to do it too.

Hi bunny33, thanks, I have just googled about gluten free diet. I hope it will help.

I have done intralipid, on aspirin, steriods, all done.
Dr Loh says both me n my hubby has no known issues. I ever had an ectopic pregnancy naturally in 2015, dr Loh did the surgery for me. He says all is fine inside the uterus.

Dr Loh says chromosomes abnormal is what caused the embryo not being able to implant. He says we just have to keep trying. But another thing is, I really don’t understand why he refused to do D5 blastocyst. I have 6 embryos left after my d2 transfer the last round, due to my so many failures, I told him I would like to blast all 6, and see if it goes to blastocyst, he insist “try d2 first lah”, now it failed again.

Hi bunny33, thanks, I have just googled about gluten free diet. I hope it will help.

Dr Loh says both me n my hubby has no known issues. I ever had an ectopic pregnancy naturally in 2015, dr Loh did the surgery for me. He says all is fine inside the uterus.

Dr Loh says chromosomes abnormal is what caused the embryo not being able to implant. He says we just have to keep trying. But another thing is, I really don’t understand why he refused to do D5 blastocyst. I have 6 embryos left after my d2 transfer the last round, due to my so many failures, I told him I would like to blast all 6, and see if it goes to blastocyst, he insist “try d2 first lah”, now it failed again.
I don't quite believe you can fully attribute the cause to chromosomes abnormal only without testing. it could be poor quality, and so, blasting may help.
I have done karyotyping on fetus and both adults, no issues but still no viable pregnancy.

Perhaps if you feel strongly about blasting all, then tell him. He has no reason to reject if your reason is valid.

Hi @hajar did you request for prolacton jab during tww? I was thinking to do it too.
During tww no jab given in kkh as government hospital dont give unless fresh bright red notice...i only took twice prolucton jab before Et and after Et in private tho.

I'm on my 4th day of IVF and my menses has just finished officially. Anybody knows if I can take bai feng wan now?

Prior to ET, during stimulation stage my TCM physician stopped my medication, only resume after ET.

Hence I won’t recommend u to take bai feng wan during IVF, for what I know bai feng wan helps to regulate menses..

If bfp, bai feng wan is a no no...

Can do in Sg
That is if you have family history of genetic illness, then perhaps age may not an issue.

I believe there is a set of criterion to be met before an average woman can go. Even for the trial, see below.

The trial
NUH’s coming trial is all about allowing women who are undergoing IVF to choose only the highest quality embryos for implantation, thus ensuring the best possible chances for a successful pregnancy, labor and delivery. The trial itself will be rolled out only to women who, by most people’s standards, have the odds stacked against them when it comes to getting pregnant. The women in the trial must be over the age of 35, or had at least two failed implants or pregnancies.

This restriction is made due to the fact that women over the age of 35 are substantially more likely to have eggs with abnormal chromosomes, which will then turn into embryos with abnormal chromosomes and potentially cause major health issues in a newborn. This is actually fairly common, as anywhere between 30 and 60 percent of human embryos will have abnormal chromosomes. By the time a woman is 44 years of age, this number will even jump to 90 percent.

Previously this type of genetic screening has been outlawed in Singapore. As it has been, the IVF system available in Singapore has had a 20% success rate. However, as the practice has been utilized effectively in other countries like Australia, England, China, Malaysia, Thailand and the United States, Singapore has been more willing to give embryo genetic screening a chance.

That is if you have family history of genetic illness, then perhaps age may not an issue.

I believe there is a set of criterion to be met before an average woman can go. Even for the trial, see below. ... ...

As Xylitol has done 6 cycles, she has fulfiled the criteria of "had at least 2 failed implants".
but anyway, I suspect that in order to participate, will need NUH, SGH or KKH doctor to recommend.

Increased government grant for ART:

Mrs Teo also announced that from Apr 1, to provide more assistance for those who face difficulties conceiving, the support for Assisted Reproduction Technology treatment for eligible couples will be raised from S$6,300 to S$7,700 for fresh cycles and from S$1,200 to S$2,200 for frozen cycles.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-total-fertility-rate-new-low-1-16-10002558

And i just started my IVF on 26th Feb... T_T

As Xylitol has done 6 cycles, she has fulfiled the criteria of "had at least 2 failed implants".
but anyway, I suspect that in order to participate, will need NUH, SGH or KKH doctor to recommend.

I think what sg has is a clinical trial so not sure if everyone who met the criteria will be able to go for the PGD/PGS. In any case, this is still something rather new to Singapore. Prior to this, how many genetic issue related PGD cases do NuH handle in a year? I feel the expertise is not there, so if there is no time and budget constraint I would suggest doing the PGS overseas such as Bangkok which is already very established in the field of PGS.

Typically PGS is only performed on day 5 blastocysts. However, I heard from one lady that NUH did PGD on day 3 embryo which is actually rather common as Day 3 embryo has only 8-10 cells and removal of 1 cell alone will render the embryo to be very unstable. I can’t rem what happened but I recall there is no embryo to transfer at the end. There is some time to go before Singapore labs can build up their expertise in PGD/PGS.

I think what sg has is a clinical trial so not sure if everyone who met the criteria will be able to go for the PGD/PGS. In any case, this is still something rather new to Singapore. Prior to this, how many genetic issue related PGD cases do NuH handle in a year? I feel the expertise is not there, so if there is no time and budget constraint I would suggest doing the PGS overseas such as Bangkok which is already very established in the field of PGS.

Typically PGS is only performed on day 5 blastocysts. However, I heard from one lady that NUH did PGD on day 3 embryo which is actually rather uncommon as Day 3 embryo has only 8-10 cells and removal of 1 cell alone will render the embryo to be very unstable. I can’t rem what happened but I recall there is no embryo to transfer at the end. There is some time to go before Singapore labs can build up their expertise in PGD/PGS.

I don't quite believe you can fully attribute the cause to chromosomes abnormal only without testing. it could be poor quality, and so, blasting may help.
I have done karyotyping on fetus and both adults, no issues but still no viable pregnancy.

Mich, have u done the immunologic tests in kkh ? All good ?

hi bunny, are all yr fet with dr loh? can share how he did the fet as in lining reaches xx mm and is it medicated or natural..

normally he freeze day 2 or day 3 and will e embrie quality degrade when thaw after freezing or the grading remains e same...

many thanks

Yes my fet are with dr Loh. Medicated lining reaches good mm he will arrange transfer. Natural wait for ovulation. He usually prefer natural fet. I have done both before. Some embryos reduce cells n some remain the same.

Last edited:

to encourage u more on this diet I have one expat fren Ttc for nearly 6yrs n failed many cycles. She was going to give up n go back to UK. Few months before going back she started on gluten free diet n bfp naturally. I copy her lah when she told me this.

I didn’t follow strict gluten free diet because I find it impossible to do so. However I try to follow 80 percent of it. So no noodles, no cakes, no bread, no pastry, no chee Cheong fun or bun all these. I bought gluten free biscuits from marks n Spencer which taste yucky n eat fruits for snacks. It’s not easy but with determination it can be done.
N when I bfp with gestational diabetics all the control of diet is nothing because I went through it.

Dr Loh is someone who believe womb is a better place even though many dr n lab now feel it’s the same. It could be through his past experiences makes him think womb is still better. N I have read before that the embryo deteriorating n not looking good in the lab n he ask patient to come back for transfer. The patient bfp. Till now who can guarantee that those dying in the lab cannot survive in the womb? What if they can? There are always two school of thoughts. Of course having said that if u have enough embryo u can choose to blast n select the best to put in. N it’s true....those who can survive blast are the stronger ones. He won’t reject u if u insist to blast.

Jia you to u.

Last edited:
Yes my fet are with dr Loh. Medicated lining reaches good mm he will arrange transfer. Natural wait for ovulation. He usually prefer natural fet. I have done both before. Some embryos reduce cells n some remain the same.
thank you bunny33 for your reply to me. happy元宵节 to you:)

Typically PGS is only performed on day 5 blastocysts. However, I heard from one lady that NUH did PGD on day 3 embryo which is actually rather common as Day 3 embryo has only 8-10 cells and removal of 1 cell alone will render the embryo to be very unstable. I can’t rem what happened but I recall there is no embryo to transfer at the end. There is some time to go before Singapore labs can build up their expertise in PGD/PGS.

Yes unless the patient is dd ivf in overseas and since a women failed multiple times, at least theres an option avail in SG, a women cant keep failing and affect her health when theres chromosome genetic issue, just my own opinion...

I did one fresh with him which yielded 6 day 2 embryos. He said 6 isn’t a lot so it’s better to do D2/3 transfer. I got BFP with one of the embryos and he delivered my baby last month. Ya as someone shared his protocol is to do d2 but if you have many embryos he can do blast for you as I asked him before.
Perhaps it’s a matter of time before the golden embryo appear soon. Jia you!

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement..
Can I still use the Govt funding of $7700 if I go to Govt hospital for my next cycle?
I have done one fresh cycle and three FET with KK Second fresh cycle and 1 fet with DR Loh (this was no Govt subsidy)
If I go to sgh next, will I still be eligible for the $7700? Since it will be my second fresh cycle with Govt hospital.

Back