IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, after 3 times failed iui..ive decided to go for ivf in april..but the problem now is..my mense have not come for 1 mnth plus..4 times neg preg test..dr given me duphaston for 10 days to make my menses come..now 10 days over and should wait for another 5 days for mense to come..now is day 3...menses should come by this week...but im quite worried if after 5 days menses still not coming..then i cnt start on my ivf medication..anyone has experience this before?

Hi ladies, after 3 times failed iui..ive decided to go for ivf in april..but the problem now is..my mense have not come for 1 mnth plus..4 times neg preg test..dr given me duphaston for 10 days to make my menses come..now 10 days over and should wait for another 5 days for mense to come..now is day 3...menses should come by this week...but im quite worried if after 5 days menses still not coming..then i cnt start on my ivf medication..anyone has experience this before?

Hi..im 34 yrs old..ttc for 10yrs..had 4 failed iui..
The last iui done was in sept 2017..
Had 1 blocked fallopian tube..
Not ovulating on my own..
Multicystic ovaries..
So i have missed my period for a month plus till now..taken 4 neg tests..i am planning for ivf..dr gave me 10 days duphaston..10 days over..now have to wait 5 days before mense come..it should come sometime this week..but i am worried if menses still not coming ..what could it be?

Multicystic ovaries..
So i have missed my period for a month plus till now..taken 4 neg tests..i am planning for ivf..dr gave me 10 days duphaston..10 days over..now have to wait 5 days before mense come..it should come sometime this week..but i am worried if menses still not coming ..what could it be?
be patient. it will come.

Multicystic ovaries..

Hope your menses did come. If it didn't then just wait it out. Don't get so stressed. There was once when I missed a period for a month too. Did BT and all but it seemed my body just decided to skip that month and the period came the next mth. So try and relax and go with the flow. :)

Multicystic ovaries..

Your Menses will come if not u just have to call the clinic n they will advise u the next step. Our body n hormones affect our egg quality so live a healthy lifestyle.

Hope your menses did come. If it didn't then just wait it out. Don't get so stressed. There was once when I missed a period for a month too. Did BT and all but it seemed my body just decided to skip that month and the period came the next mth. So try and relax and go with the flow. :)
Yup..it came yest..☺

both of u do karotyping before to check chromosomes? maybe u can check out if havent done yet. last resort is to go through PGS or PGD to test the embryo before transferring

karotyping before to check chromosomes -- do i have to initiate the dr go for test before i start ivf? What is this test anyway? Is it to check uterus lining in right measurement for implantation?

karotyping before to check chromosomes -- do i have to initiate the dr go for test before i start ivf? What is this test anyway? Is it to check uterus lining in right measurement for implantation?
usually karotyping to check chromosomes is done after several failed attempts, in order to investigate the cause of failure. however, I think you can initiate it with dr if you want. it tests if there are incomplete / abnormal chromosomes which may affect the growth of fetus. costs a few thousand.
to check uterus lining only need to do vaginal scanning

U can try prompting dr to do hysteroscopy and saline sonogram to check lining,fallopian tube blockage and cervix all before ur ivf.this helps at least in finding the problem if there is any before the real ivf start..

Hi, have anyone tried transporting your embryos from one hospital to another hospital? If yes, could you please advice the procedure, cost and did the embryo quality maintains ? I am now with Raffles hospital and would like to transfer my 5 day 3 frozen embryos to KKH. Thank you.

Hi ladies,
I am new to this forum. Failed my first ivf. Feeling really sad and demoralise right now :(
Try to cheer up abit although I know it’s not easy. Build up health and try again.

I also just failed - already had the feel before I went for BT

Trying to console myself too. Did window shopping

Nuh have pgd and pgs. They also do karotyping too. Maybe u wanna check with ur doc if they can run the test for u.
Oooh I didn’t know NUH has PGS. Wonder which one is the better, more comprehensive of the two (pgs and pgd).

To clarify, prof said we can do PGD for our next IVF cycle because we fulfill one of two requirements - we’ve had two transfers with no implantation.

Oooh I didn’t know NUH has PGS. Wonder which one is the better, more comprehensive of the two (pgs and pgd).

To clarify, prof said we can do PGD for our next IVF cycle because we fulfill one of two requirements - we’ve had two transfers with no implantation.

There's a difference between pgd and pgs. Pgd is for people who have known genetic issues which might potentially be passed to the baby that's why they test for specific chromosome and genetic issues whereas pgs they test for the 23 sets of chromosomes are there. Not too little or too many sets. So really depends on what your issue is. I did pgs overseas a few years back.

Hi.

I'm currently at kkh with Dr Mahesh. I find him so-so and got a recommendation for Dr Tan HH. I also understand from my friend who used to work in KKH that SF Loh is good (btw, any idea where is he now?).

The thing is; I'm currently a subsidized patient at KKH (with mahesh). Anyway that I can change to Dr Tan HH (@ KKH) and still remain under the subsidized group? Already spent a lot of money on this ttc journey so trying to save as much as possible..☹

Hi.

I'm currently at kkh with Dr Mahesh. I find him so-so and got a recommendation for Dr Tan HH. I also understand from my friend who used to work in KKH that SF Loh is good (btw, any idea where is he now?).

The thing is; I'm currently a subsidized patient at KKH (with mahesh). Anyway that I can change to Dr Tan HH (@ KKH) and still remain under the subsidized group? Already spent a lot of money on this ttc journey so trying to save as much as possible..☹
Hello! No if you were to change to THH, it would be under private.

SF Loh is in TMC now.

anyone have menses delayed for 2nd AF after fresh cycle? usually menses will report in cd28 but now cd32. my ovulation was quite late also. strange is i tested with a pregnancy kit on 8dpo can see fainiting line but subsequently no more fainting line till today. i did with one stick of digital clearblue but it show not pregnant. suppose the 1st kit i used was defective. now wondering what is happening to my body

Think all these post are from old timers back in yr 2012 n 2014. I don’t think they are still in forum. Dhea u can get from iherbs online website. They do ship to Singapore unless the rules have changed. I bought from I herb previously. Kkh need dr prescription to buy. Please check with dr on the dosage n do not self medicate.

anyone have menses delayed for 2nd AF after fresh cycle? usually menses will report in cd28 but now cd32. my ovulation was quite late also. strange is i tested with a pregnancy kit on 8dpo can see fainiting line but subsequently no more fainting line till today. i did with one stick of digital clearblue but it show not pregnant. suppose the 1st kit i used was defective. now wondering what is happening to my body

Mee meee.. But I did a medicated frozen cycle. My first AF came a few days after I stopped progynova. But my second AF is now overdue by more than a week although I had a couple of days of spotting ard ovulation time. It's impossible that I'm pregnant. I just think that maybe the body is trying to get back to normal. So I just go with the flow.

Mee meee.. But I did a medicated frozen cycle. My first AF came a few days after I stopped progynova. But my second AF is now overdue by more than a week although I had a couple of days of spotting ard ovulation time. It's impossible that I'm pregnant. I just think that maybe the body is trying to get back to normal. So I just go with the flow.
Hi My menses reported today after spotting 2 days.

Hi all.. i am on progynova medication to prepare for medicated ET.
May I check for medicated transfer, do I have to check whether i am ovulating?
I thought I just need to focus on attaining the right thickness of lining for transfer?

Thank u so much for your help!! :)

Hi all.. i am on progynova medication to prepare for medicated ET.
May I check for medicated transfer, do I have to check whether i am ovulating?
I thought I just need to focus on attaining the right thickness of lining for transfer?

Thank u so much for your help!! :)
Medicated Fet no need check ovulation. Each time come down to kkhivf scanning of lining thickness will be done. 8mm to reach target for transfer...

Hi towkayneo

Thanks! Have you been with Dr Tan HH before? If so, how do u find him? Does he do IUI? I know he does IVF though.
Busy dr with plenty patients under him..He does iui too but procedure will not perform by him from what i can recall.

Hi towkayneo

Thanks! Have you been with Dr Tan HH before? If so, how do u find him? Does he do IUI? I know he does IVF though.
Yup! I am still with him, trying for my #3. I find that he’s a fantastic doc, responsible, open, dedicated.

Am not sure if he does IUI. Why not you set up an appointment with him and see how best he can hell you?

Hi towkayneo

Hi Zcshop,

My friend did IUI under Dr Tan last year. The scans were all done in KKIVF by their sonographers and reviewed by KKIVF's doctors (similar to what we did for IVF). But the insemination process was not done by Dr Tan, (unlike IVF where he did the embryo retrieval and transfer).

I did two IVF cycles under Dr Tan and he was my obgyn for both my babies. He's a caring and patient doctor, though busy and the wait in clinic D can be quite Long at times.

Medicated Fet no need check ovulation. Each time come down to kkhivf scanning of lining thickness will be done. 8mm to reach target for transfer...
Thank u so much for ur reply.. yest my lining read 8.5.
d doc told me to test ovulation daily starting from today. And i recall for medicated, i dun have to worry about ovulation..
I questioned and d doc simply reply that ovulation test is necessary regardless of natural or medicated ET. sighhh

d doc told me to test ovulation daily starting from today. And i recall for medicated, i dun have to worry about ovulation..
I questioned and d doc simply reply that ovulation test is necessary regardless of natural or medicated ET. sighhh
Oh this is very odd. Medicated cycle don’t need to worry about ovulation, only have to make sure the lining is thick enough.

Oh dats weird.only natural Fet need ovulation monitoring

Yup! I am still with him, trying for my #3. I find that he’s a fantastic doc, responsible, open, dedicated.

Am not sure if he does IUI. Why not you set up an appointment with him and see how best he can hell you?

Hi towkayneo,

Can i know if you start to see THH at clinic D or after clinic D refers you to the IVF centre then you see THH from there? I thought all patients at IVF centre are not subsidized?

Hi towkayneo,

Can i know if you start to see THH at clinic D or after clinic D refers you to the IVF centre then you see THH from there? I thought all patients at IVF centre are not subsidized?
Yup, I have always been a private patient. In fact THH’s patients are all under private. are you referring to the new IVF centre at children’s tower? I’ve seen him there once at ER. Previously at clinic D, clinic B and even clinic L.

Oh dats weird.only natural Fet need ovulation monitoring
Apparently.. doc said from d scan, shows that i may be ovulating.. therefore wants me to take ovulation test to confirm..
Now they kinda change me from medicated to natural ET...
I wonder whether will affect d success rate.
I have done natural thaw ET in jan & was unsuccessful..

Back