IVF/ICSI Support Group

dr said if can ovulated do nature fet so all the while im doing nature fet. yup abit stressful
If it's too stressful, you can change to medicated which you can focus on building up the lining.

I ovulate too, but aim for medicated cos I just want to focus only one thing at a time.

I know of friends who are too stressed over missing the ovulation date that they have to abort that cycle.

Do give it a thought. Good luck.

Hi I’m with Prof Wong... both hubby and I are very happy with him even though we failed our fresh transfer. We’re on the last leg of our tww for our FET. I know a few ladies here don’t really like Prof because he’s not very chatty - but that’s what we like about him. He’s very direct and straight to the point and will answer your questions. Have a list of questions ready for him before you go see him. He works from two consultation rooms and you will see him going in and out of the two rooms. When I was spotting during this tww, he saw me without me having to make an appointment (and I had to wait for only 15 mins max). He was very reassuring and made me feel more relaxed. He is also one of the most, if not the most, experienced doctor there...

Yes Prof is very nice and one incident before the IvF retrieval, he came out and chit chat with me in OT gown and he looked so funny in mask but this make me relaxed a little as i felt i am like a little pig going to be slaughter, haha

Hi ladies, decided to go for my last subside ivf before hitting 40 in another 10months. Anyone is with nuh now and which doctor should i go for it. Did my previous 2 ivf at kkh and both failed. Need advise.

Hi
I had 3 iui with Stephen chew all failed then I change to Prof for ivf.
1 fresh cycle also failed so we went for frozen transfer as prof was on leave so the procedure was done by Stephen chew and bfp.
Its funny how life works out sometimes :)

From experience, I wld say both doc are pretty good but if I will to go back again I will chose Dr chew.
I find prof scan to be quite rough and painful compared to Dr chew.

Hope this helps :)

Hi ladies. Rightfully i should be 6 wk5 days into my preg, transferred blast on 8 jan. But till date, only yolk sac seen.. feeling pretty devastated now and also like to hear if anyone has positive stories on this??
No worries,kissryl. I was like u previously. But the next appt or another one. I saw heart beat. Relax n take care!

No worries,kissryl. I was like u previously. But the next appt or another one. I saw heart beat. Relax n take care!
Hi snowyg, thanks for your encouragement!

Unfortunately i started bleeding fresh blood the night before and kkh refused to give me any proluton jab... im still tolerating till tuesday to see dr tan hh.

Lotsa of regrets for being tensed up and not having enough faith in my LO.

Tough struggle to finally succeed on 4th try and face such issues just right before cny.

Hi snowyg, thanks for your encouragement!

Unfortunately i started bleeding fresh blood the night before and kkh refused to give me any proluton jab... im still tolerating till tuesday to see dr tan hh.

Lotsa of regrets for being tensed up and not having enough faith in my LO.

Tough struggle to finally succeed on 4th try and face such issues just right before cny.

Hi kissryl, why not you go to private to get a support jab first before meeting THH on Tuesday?

Anyone on medicated fet but because period have not come yet cannot start ? I only have light red spotting for 2 days n the nurse said must wait till full period then can start. It seems like my period this round is so light .This is my second period after a failed ivf cycle last month.

Anyone on medicated fet but because period have not come yet cannot start ? I only have light red spotting for 2 days n the nurse said must wait till full period then can start. It seems like my period this round is so light .This is my second period after a failed ivf cycle last month.

I was on medicated FET and the period that came was very light. I did mine at NUH and the nurse confirmed that I could start on my medication after they took a blood test. Apparently, the mercilon can cause a lighter period.

I was on medicated FET and the period that came was very light. I did mine at NUH and the nurse confirmed that I could start on my medication after they took a blood test. Apparently, the mercilon can cause a lighter period.
Thanks for the reply however I have not started on mercilon yet because my period/spotting is light . I'm waiting to start mercilon on my D2 . I'm told to either skip this month since it's only light spotting or continue to monitor till period comes .Dont know should I consult doctor or just wait it out ? I don't feel like waiting distrupting my plans sigh ..

I was on medicated fet 1st cycle in 2017.period absence wen abt to start fet for 1st time ever as usual my period is regular.called kkivf was told to induce period.thus heed their advice got induced.period came.started medicated fet thereafter.

Thanks for the reply however I have not started on mercilon yet because my period/spotting is light . I'm waiting to start mercilon on my D2 . I'm told to either skip this month since it's only light spotting or continue to monitor till period comes .Dont know should I consult doctor or just wait it out ? I don't feel like waiting distrupting my plans sigh ..

You should consult your dr. You just did a fresh cycle a few mths back?

I was on medicated fet 1st cycle in 2017.period absence wen abt to start fet for 1st time ever as usual my period is regular.called kkivf was told to induce period.thus heed their advice got induced.period came.started medicated fet thereafter.
Shall ask the doctor about it since my period is always regular

On today 14 Feb. I had to remove my baby who didnt continue to grow.

Finally only strike on my 4th cycle and no embryos left. But short-lived happiness..

Now im really tired of having to go through another cycle but ivf is my only choice..

Im considering a switch to NUH.. but is NUH always more on to FET after ER?

Yeah I understand that waiting can be very hard. But sometimes it’s for the best...

Finally only strike on my 4th cycle and no embryos left. But short-lived happiness..

Now im really tired of having to go through another cycle but ivf is my only choice..

hugs kissryl. have faith that your time will come.
I too have been through many short-lived happiness in my ivf journey. now facing the strain of upcoming 6th attempt. but ultimately I am unwilling to give up yet.
gambatte!

Yes I did fresh in dec and was not successful . Heavy period last month and this month waiting to start medicated fet , shall consult doctor instead , thanks all for the advice

Ah, that could be the cause. All the medications may have caused your hormones to be a bit off. Perhaps your Dr can prescribe something to you.
Btw gals ... which hospital are you gals doing the IVF in?

I will be doing mine in KKH and most probably with Dr SF Loh since I am being assigned to him

I did mine NUH and will be doing a fresh cycle again with them in July.

Big hugs to you. Please take a good rest and lift your spirits up before doing another cycle. I hope you will strike in your next cycle! Don't give up!

NUH does both fresh transfer and FET. You can speak to the Dr and ask them for their opinion.

awww HUGGGGS DEAR.. I have not started my ivf with NUH only tried a cycle of iui..so cant advise much on that. .(Had 2 failed ivf cycle with KKH)

Really sorry that u had to go tru this...I hope u remain strong like u always have throughout this journey. HUGS!

NUH does both fresh and frozen transfers, depends on how you respond to the stimulation. If you are at risk for OHSS, they will do a frozen transfer instead.

I been through tt before and feel for u hope time will comfort you

Hi everyone. I had just being through a chemical pregnancy and now is picking myself up for my next ivf.
1. Anyone being through long protocol for ivf? (As my last rest only 2 eggs retrieved thus doctor say to try long protocol. I am having low amh).
2. What they monitored? I understand they shut off your body natural hormones before they start. So am i right to say their first scan shouldnt see any follicles but lining only?
3. How many eggs being retrieved and fertilised when you go through this long protocol?
4. What was the grading of your embryo?
5. Anyone drink youmeishu or dom to improve yr body? How you take the drink with eating yr supplement? Is it morning you take supplement while at night you drink the tonic wine?
Sorry for so many questions. Thank you.

Hi ladies, do ur experience short menstrual cycle? À normal will b 28 to 30 days but mine is 26 and 24 these 2 mths so kinda worried. I heard from tcm tat too short a cycle is no gd for fertility.

Hi ladies, Wish everyone here a very Happy Chinese New year 2018,
One query: if you have 2 blasto left, would u transfer 1 first in 2 separate cycles or 2 together in 1 cycle ?
Any advice? Thanks

One query: if you have 2 blasto left, would u transfer 1 first in 2 separate cycles or 2 together in 1 cycle ?
Any advice? Thanks

I will put 2 together in 1 cycle. I feel that even if u put 2 in, one may not survive. At least u have a 50/50 chance of a twin or a single bb.

Any advice? Thanks
Hi, it depends what yr blasto grade and is both same grade. I read an article if both same grade transfer 2, else transfer 1 has higher chance.

Hi, it depends what yr blasto grade and is both same grade. I read an article if both same grade transfer 2, else transfer 1 has higher chance.

I havent got to noe wat grade, i asked thr nurse she say no grade as it is already day 6 and embryoist only mentioned are very gd grades, i will ask the doctor again,
i prefer transfer 2 but my hub prefer 1 cos if one fail still have another 1 standby and less complications if theres multiple pregnancies, e.g. miscarriages if 1 doesnt survive, preterm babies in incubators and etc.
If transfer 2 and also failed, means have to restart thr cycle again and no more co funding...

Any advice? Thanks

Hi. Same as you, I have 2 blasto left. For my case, due to age, the doctor recommend to put 1 only. So will be transferring 1 in the next FET. If my age is higher, I probably will try putting 2 to raise the chances.

Did the doctor recommend how many you should put?

I want u to know i was in the exact same situation as you.. have switched to nuh.. just want to give u a big hug and tell u to be strong..

Hi. Same as you, I have 2 blasto left. For my case, due to age, the doctor recommend to put 1 only. So will be transferring 1 in the next FET. If my age is higher, I probably will try putting 2 to raise the chances.

Did the doctor recommend how many you should put?
MY doc also recommended putting only one embryo Cos of age and Cos I have 2 kids. He said that if the 2 transferred embryos managed to implant, I may not be able to handle twins on top of the 2 kids. I agree with him. Plus twins usually have more complications.

Hi everyone. I had just being through a chemical pregnancy and now is picking myself up for my next ivf.
1. Anyone being through long protocol for ivf? (As my last rest only 2 eggs retrieved thus doctor say to try long protocol. I am having low amh).
2. What they monitored? I understand they shut off your body natural hormones before they start. So am i right to say their first scan shouldnt see any follicles but lining only?
3. How many eggs being retrieved and fertilised when you go through this long protocol?
5. Anyone drink youmeishu or dom to improve yr body? How you take the drink with eating yr supplement? Is it morning you take supplement while at night you drink the tonic wine?

hugs hugs* I just failed my FET too.

1) I had done a long protocol before.
2) They put me on lucrin for a few weeks to *shutdown* the system. You will get your menses that cycle. After your menses, they will start with the stims. Once you start stims then you will have to go for scans to measure the follicles. The difference between the short cycle is the *shutdown phase*. My first IVF was a long protocol. I had to do a frozen transfer cos of high progesterone but I succeeded in that cycle.
3)I only had 1 normally fertilized embryo for the long protocol. My second IVF was a short protocol one and I got 2 normally fertilized embryo but I failed my FET recently with 1 of the embryos even though it was a better quality that the one I succeeded with.
4) My first IVF - Average quality - BFP
Second IVF - One V Good and one Good. - FET with the V Good but BFN.

hugs hugs* I just failed my FET too.

1) I had done a long protocol before.
2) They put me on lucrin for a few weeks to *shutdown* the system. You will get your menses that cycle. After your menses, they will start with the stims. Once you start stims then you will have to go for scans to measure the follicles. The difference between the short cycle is the *shutdown phase*. My first IVF was a long protocol. I had to do a frozen transfer cos of high progesterone but I succeeded in that cycle.
3)I only had 1 normally fertilized embryo for the long protocol. My second IVF was a short protocol one and I got 2 normally fertilized embryo but I failed my FET recently with 1 of the embryos even though it was a better quality that the one I succeeded with.
4) My first IVF - Average quality - BFP
Second IVF - One V Good and one Good. - FET with the V Good but BFN.

Thank you for answering my question, the_spinsterella. Let's jia you.

MY doc also recommended putting only one embryo Cos of age and Cos I have 2 kids. He said that if the 2 transferred embryos managed to implant, I may not be able to handle twins on top of the 2 kids. I agree with him. Plus twins usually have more complications.

Hi towkayneo.

Ya that's true. But sometimes will have the thinking of wanting to put two just to increase the chance because I have no kids now :( For now I will still follow doctor's recommendation as the coming transfer is the 2nd attempt. Hope this time round is my golden embryo!

Hi Linglong,

1. I’m on long protocol for my first IVF. I had sever endometriosis and low amh due to 3 operations I had done to remove the cysts.

2. Yes, long protocol shuts off our own natural hormones. Can’t recall what was monitored during the first scan.

I was given Lucrin 2 weeks before my menses and continue all the way for 28 days (during stimulation as well). For stimulation, I was given gonal F with a high dosage of 450 IU.

I was told by the nurse, long protocol has lesser chance of having OHSS.

PS: 1 bottle of Lucrin is just nice for 28 days, try not to have spillage.

3. I retrieved 7 eggs, 4 matured, 3 fertilized but only 2 useable. Fresh cycle - Trf both embryos, bfp with a singleton.

4. I didn’t ask for the grading as I don’t want to expose myself to additional stress and anxiety in case grading not ideal.

5. I didn’t take any supplements at all except folic acid, but was on TCM for my condition for approx 6 mths before I decided to heed doc advice to do IVF.

My TCM medication stops approx 2 weeks before my IVF cycle and my physician gave me “An Tai Yao” to consume after my ET till BT.

During the IVF cycle, I only ate egg whites and drink isotonic water. Tried a few Brazilian nuts but too heaty for me.

For the TWW, I took the HL given, R&R at home. Didn’t do bedrest, rest whenever I felt tired. But do avoid doing/carrying heavy chores/items.

Wish you success in your upcoming cycle! Fighting!

Back