IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hello ladies! Has anyone done hysteroscopy before?? Have mine scheduled and quite scared of the pain now
been through years ago.its not painful as u will be sleeping during the procedure. the pain from e pill- which come a few hrs after inserting a pill to you virginally. after hysteroscopy,u will be put in observation ward to rest n when u ok they will let u go home on same day

Hi Linglong,

1. I’m on long protocol for my first IVF. I had sever endometriosis and low amh due to 3 operations I had done to remove the cysts.

2. Yes, long protocol shuts off our own natural hormones. Can’t recall what was monitored during the first scan.

I was given Lucrin 2 weeks before my menses and continue all the way for 28 days (during stimulation as well). For stimulation, I was given gonal F with a high dosage of 450 IU.

I was told by the nurse, long protocol has lesser chance of having OHSS.

PS: 1 bottle of Lucrin is just nice for 28 days, try not to have spillage.

3. I retrieved 7 eggs, 4 matured, 3 fertilized but only 2 useable. Fresh cycle - Trf both embryos, bfp with a singleton.

4. I didn’t ask for the grading as I don’t want to expose myself to additional stress and anxiety in case grading not ideal.

5. I didn’t take any supplements at all except folic acid, but was on TCM for my condition for approx 6 mths before I decided to heed doc advice to do IVF.

My TCM medication stops approx 2 weeks before my IVF cycle and my physician gave me “An Tai Yao” to consume after my ET till BT.

During the IVF cycle, I only ate egg whites and drink isotonic water. Tried a few Brazilian nuts but too heaty for me.

For the TWW, I took the HL given, R&R at home. Didn’t do bedrest, rest whenever I felt tired. But do avoid doing/carrying heavy chores/items.

Wish you success in your upcoming cycle! Fighting!

Thanks Xiaobell82 for your reply. I feel more positive towards my next try.

I want u to know i was in the exact same situation as you.. have switched to nuh.. just want to give u a big hug and tell u to be strong..
Thanks baeksang, can i check if u waited before switching or are you doing ur cycle right away?

Im contemplating when to start but everybody (hub, tcm) is asking me to wait 6 months at least..

Hi. Same as you, I have 2 blasto left. For my case, due to age, the doctor recommend to put 1 only. So will be transferring 1 in the next FET. If my age is higher, I probably will try putting 2 to raise the chances.

Did the doctor recommend how many you should put?
Hi wish88, I've put 2 blasts before and failed and succeeded with 1 blast on my fet. This of course however ended up in mc.

I think putting 1 lessens ur stress, and it seems higher chance to me..but eventually depends on how well your blasts are. I had 2 frozen blast but 1 of it thawed and died so I've no embies left and got to start all over again...

Hi towkayneo.

Ya that's true. But sometimes will have the thinking of wanting to put two just to increase the chance because I have no kids now :( For now I will still follow doctor's recommendation as the coming transfer is the 2nd attempt. Hope this time round is my golden embryo!
Jia you! Yes! The doc knows your condition best! Jia you!

Hello ladies! Has anyone done hysteroscopy before?? Have mine scheduled and quite scared of the pain now

Hello dear. For NUH, Hysteroscopy is not done under GA. Unless you can't take the pain during the procedure, they will book u to do it under GA. I did twice last year, non GA. First time wasn't that painful but second one is very painful, not sure why.

If I'm not wrong, u can take painkillers before the procedure. You might want to double check. ;)

Hi wish88, I've put 2 blasts before and failed and succeeded with 1 blast on my fet. This of course however ended up in mc.

I think putting 1 lessens ur stress, and it seems higher chance to me..but eventually depends on how well your blasts are. I had 2 frozen blast but 1 of it thawed and died so I've no embies left and got to start all over again...

Hi Kissryl. I hope you are doing well now, hugs.

May I ask for your 2 blasts transfer, its a fresh transfer?

My doctor advise to put 1, but nurse advise to put 2. We have decided to go for 1 in the next FET. :) hope it will go well.

Hi everyone

I will be returning 100 red eggs to ZSNN at sengkang 半港天后宫 (80 Rivervale Crescent) this coming sunday 25 Feb b4 noon.

I am blessed with a baby at my 5th ivf cycle after praying to ZSNN. Previous cycles i din pray.

Please collect them n baby dusts to all..

Hi ladies I just finished a fresh stimming cycle in Oct, and have left over Gonal F. Abt 3 or 4 pens (I can't rmber). I know some clinics help to extract the remaining Gonal F to make one full jab, to help patients save cost. I'm keen to give mine away so as not to waste, so if anyone of u interested, pls PM me :)

last time the nurse also ask me to keep the pens. So TMC help to extract the remaining Gonal F to make one full jab?

Hi all,
I will be returning red eggs at Toa Payoh Lian Shan Shuang Ling Si on Sunday 25 Feb, around 12 noon.

My TTC journey took a long while with several IUIs, miscarriage, and 3 IVF cycles. The pregnancy was also unstable at the beginning. But with ZSNN’s blessings and the support from some sisters here whom I chatted with, I’m blessed with my gal today!
My prayers and wishes are with all of you. Jia you! Baby dust to all.

Hi all,
I will be returning red eggs at Toa Payoh Lian Shan Shuang Ling Si on Sunday 25 Feb, around 12 noon.

My TTC journey took a long while with several IUIs, miscarriage, and 3 IVF cycles. The pregnancy was also unstable at the beginning. But with ZSNN’s blessings and the support from some sisters here whom I chatted with, I’m blessed with my gal today!
Congrats!

Hi all,

Congrats

Hi all,

Congratulation.

Back