IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi, may I check for the blood test at DPO19, do you get results instantly if you are pregnant? Or need to still wait a few days? Thanks!

Blood test probably need to wait 1-2 days. U can use pregnancy kit to confirm first , then go clinic to do blood test

Hi gals

Appreciate if someone can advise me. First time doing IUI and not sure about the procedures. Kinda confused and lost.

I saw Dr Stephen Chew on Tuesday for a scan thereafter he arranged an IUI on Sat. He didn't say much and just sent me for HIV test and to the clinic of human reproduction (CHR) for counselling. CHR passed me a jab and informed that i have to self jab today before the IUI proceudre.

Further to this, Dr Chew didn't prescribe any medicine/supplements but asked me to purchase Coq10 and Nicotinamide Riboside (not cheap $69.90 for 10 days dosage) from watson and to take 600mg dosage each per day. The sale lady said no one will take 600mg and it's way over dose.. did the doctor prescribe correctly or not? Beside the Coq10 and Nicotinaminde, im taking Selenium, Vit D, Folic Acid and thyroid and it seem like so many pills to swallow now :(

Is it normal? Anyone has been through the same as me?

When is your iui procedure? I believe it is better to seek a second opinion if you have doubts. The selenium, thyroid all this is taken on your own accord? Or also prescribed by doc?

When is your iui procedure? I believe it is better to seek a second opinion if you have doubts. The selenium, thyroid all this is taken on your own accord? Or also prescribed by doc?

Hi Clksy

My iui is on Saturday and the medicines are prescribed by the doctors. I'm currently seeing Dr Shelia for Thyroid and auto immune disease.

Hi Clksy

My iui is on Saturday and the medicines are prescribed by the doctors. I'm currently seeing Dr Shelia for Thyroid and auto immune disease.
Well.. to my understanding.. excess supplements that your body can’t absorb will just be passed out.. so I don’t really need to worry so much unless you have weak liver. Why don’t you just get a vitamin that has all that you mention in it rather than separate ones.. I hate to swallow pills too and use a liquid version :)

Just went for my Iui today but doc says the sperm count was very low and asked if we will still like to proceed with the procedure. Anyone with success stories for IUI even with v low sperm count?

Just went for my Iui today but doc says the sperm count was very low and asked if we will still like to proceed with the procedure. Anyone with success stories for IUI even with v low sperm count?
Hubby has low sperm count too after wash (5.7 mil) but failed. Hubby morphology also not fantastic. Doc says only 13% chance but we still tried since already 3/4 through the process. Technically you only need 1 sperm to swim to the correct place. Right now, we decided to take a break and let him take supplements, will see if it improves after 3 months. Otherwise, might just go for IVF since my eggs are still healthy and have a good reserve.

Hubby has low sperm count too after wash (5.7 mil) but failed. Hubby morphology also not fantastic. Doc says only 13% chance but we still tried since already 3/4 through the process. Technically you only need 1 sperm to swim to the correct place. Right now, we decided to take a break and let him take supplements, will see if it improves after 3 months. Otherwise, might just go for IVF since my eggs are still healthy and have a good reserve.
Icic.. Mine was less than 1mil. So the doc says to continue with intercourse. But I have problems ovulating too. So I guess will see what their advice is b4 starting the next cycle. What supplements is he taking BTW?

Icic.. Mine was less than 1mil. So the doc says to continue with intercourse. But I have problems ovulating too. So I guess will see what their advice is b4 starting the next cycle. What supplements is he taking BTW?
Blue Stork fertility by Pink Stork. I got it via Amazon. A lot of the supplements sold at pharmacies and GNCs are super rip off. I have let 2 doctors look at the ingredients and they gave the nod. I take MaryRuth Organics liquid + CoQ10 gummies (improve egg quality as I had bad PCOS last time - no longer PCOS now) + omega gummies (all MaryRuth) which my hubby refuses to (he prefers capsules), doctors also gave the nod to it.

My husband also had low count below 1 mil and low morph too but we went ahead with the SOIUI since I already did all the jabs. It failed. We are moving forward with IVF in Feb after 3 mth break.
All the best!!! I hope ur IVF will be successful! This is my first IUI. How many cycles of IUI did u do before the recommended u to switch to IVF?

I did two SO-IUIs, both which failed, despite 2-4 big follicles being present, high sperm count and motility (low morphology though doctor said this is not an issue for IUI, not sure)

Decided to move on to IVF

I did two SO-IUIs, both which failed, despite 2-4 big follicles being present, high sperm count and motility (low morphology though doctor said this is not an issue for IUI, not sure)

Decided to move on to IVF
Wow 2 to 4 follicles! I had only 1 n tt took like 23plus days of jabbing. Did u have to wait and rest a period of time b4 starting on ivf?

Hi all! Happy CNY!

I just started TTC last year. Just went for fertility check at KK November last year as wanted to try IVF since I’m turning 40 this year. I have 2 issues. I am not ovulating every month and the other issue which is polyp thus need to remove before I can proceed further.

Doc proposed SO-IUI instead of IVF as me and husband don’t have major issue but I’m considering as I’m 40 in few months time and wish to utilise government co-funding for the first time hence looking at IVF. Have scheduled polyp removal in late March and 3 weeks later need to see doc again to confirm all clear before starting IVF. Not sure if I’m in time for IVF before mid June which is my birthday. :(

I do have some questions below hope you guys can give some valuable info or advice. Thank you :)

SO-IUI also can qualify for government co-funding right? I hope to start one cycle now before I hit 40 to be eligible for subsequent government subsidies after 40 if trying IVF later.

Should I start with SO-IUI or straight to IVF given my age? SO-IUI seems more simpler and less invasive. My egg reserve is ok but I’m not sure about the quality.

Hi all! Happy CNY!

I just started TTC last year. Just went for fertility check at KK November last year as wanted to try IVF since I’m turning 40 this year. I have 2 issues. I am not ovulating every month and the other issue which is polyp thus need to remove before I can proceed further.

Doc proposed SO-IUI instead of IVF as me and husband don’t have major issue but I’m considering as I’m 40 in few months time and wish to utilise government co-funding for the first time hence looking at IVF. Have scheduled polyp removal in late March and 3 weeks later need to see doc again to confirm all clear before starting IVF. Not sure if I’m in time for IVF before mid June which is my birthday. :(

I do have some questions below hope you guys can give some valuable info or advice. Thank you :)

SO-IUI also can qualify for government co-funding right? I hope to start one cycle now before I hit 40 to be eligible for subsequent government subsidies after 40 if trying IVF later.

Should I start with SO-IUI or straight to IVF given my age? SO-IUI seems more simpler and less invasive. My egg reserve is ok but I’m not sure about the quality.
IVF has higher chances (40%) but more expensive. The chance for SO-IUI is only 8-15%. I am only turning 32 in a few months but I’ll just go for IVF next... I did 1 cycle of SO-IUI. I think the word healthy is very debatable, best to just look at the numbers and decide.

IVF has higher chances (40%) but more expensive. The chance for SO-IUI is only 8-15%. I am only turning 32 in a few months but I’ll just go for IVF next... I did 1 cycle of SO-IUI. I think the word healthy is very debatable, best to just look at the numbers and decide.

Thank you for ur advice. U r right. Given my age I should go IVF directly and not waste anymore time already, no need think so much.

I tested day 12dpo and got a positive on FRER. Any test which has hcg 6 or 10 sensitivity can pick up early if not aftee 14dpo
Icic... I think today is 15days past my Iui... Guess I will just wait for 2 more days as I am afraid its too early or still detecting anything from the hcg trigger shot tt I had before the iui.

Thank you for ur advice. U r right. Given my age I should go IVF directly and not waste anymore time already, no need think so much.
Not 100% about the time issue.. I compared the data of SO-IUI to IVF.. the % for SO-IUI isn’t high.. if you need to go through a few cycles.. you probably will end up spending more than IVF. Hubby’s sperm play a part too.. my hubby is just borderline normal.. so comparing all these factors, my next choice will be IVF.. especially since I still have a healthy reserve and healthy eggs.

Icic... I think today is 15days past my Iui... Guess I will just wait for 2 more days as I am afraid its too early or still detecting anything from the hcg trigger shot tt I had before the iui.
Are you taking progesterone? If you are... It delays the cycle. But 15 days... You are good to test already. The hcg trigger disappears by end of day 11. Good luck!!

Are you taking progesterone? If you are... It delays the cycle. But 15 days... You are good to test already. The hcg trigger disappears by end of day 11. Good luck!!
Oh! Din know it disappears by then. OK cuz my blood test is next Tuesday which is actually 19 days after iui. But still taking the progesterone pills as instructed by the nurse.

Oh! Din know it disappears by then. OK cuz my blood test is next Tuesday which is actually 19 days after iui. But still taking the progesterone pills as instructed by the nurse.
Yea. Need to take progesterone to support the lining in case you are pregnant.. Good luck!

If you are doing blood test you might as well wait as its more accurate with hcg levels.

Did this for my 2nd IUI. Had 2+1 smaller egg. Didnt work for me but could have been quality issue. Plus I was a bit skeptical as to when I actually ovulated.
I had Letrozole (2.5mg/day) + Puregon (75iu/day) too. Had 3 + 2 but eggs are small so I was given Puregon. I ended up with 1 egg becoming dominant and another which may or not ovulate (near dominant only). It wasn’t successful but probably a sperm problem as the washed sperm count was only 5.7 mil.

I have a total of 8 eggs with alternate days of puregon (100iu). 2 big 1 and gynae is pushing for more on my coming IUI on this Tues. 18mm can ovulate liao right?

Hi all, I am a new member here. I would like to know if anyone has any unused Letrozole, meaning to say do not want to continue consuming it. Do let me know if I can purchase it from you. Thank u!

I have a total of 8 eggs with alternate days of puregon (100iu). 2 big 1 and gynae is pushing for more on my coming IUI on this Tues. 18mm can ovulate liao right?
Depends. For me I have EWCM two days like the day before ovulation on the ovulation itself. I think depends on your body have you been tracking it for a few cycles?

Depends. For me I have EWCM two days like the day before ovulation on the ovulation itself. I think depends on your body have you been tracking it for a few cycles?
Last 2 cycles dont have. Only this cycle have. Before I do IUI, almost every month have de. I find that as we age, EWCM dont come every month le. Thats me la , maybe...

Anyone has done midluteal progesterone blood test ? Generally done 7days post ovulation? How to interpret the result ?

Hi, i'm new to this thread! Just did my first IUI this morning. In the 2WW now.
Anyone know if the uterus lining will grow thicker if drink red bean soup?
I only just know that i had 2 follicle of 18mm and 20mm and lining was 6.5mm.

Last edited:
Hi, i'm new to this thread! Just did my first IUI this morning. In the 2WW now.
Anyone know if the uterus lining will grow thicker if drink red bean soup?
I only just know that i had 2 follicle of 18mm and 20mm and lining was 6.5mm.

Hey! Omg I just did my IUI too on 22-02-2020. We can be cycle buddies. Wow so lucky to have 2 follies! Increase your chances. Im on SO-IUI and after all the jabs, only had 1 dominant follie at 18.5mm. Uterus lining was 9.2mm-triple. Hubs sperm was 29.2mil post wash. Baby dust to you! Hopefully this is our month! Btw, where did you do your IUI? Mine was at kkhivf

Hey! Omg I just did my IUI too on 22-02-2020. We can be cycle buddies. Wow so lucky to have 2 follies! Increase your chances. Im on SO-IUI and after all the jabs, only had 1 dominant follie at 18.5mm. Uterus lining was 9.2mm-triple. Hubs sperm was 29.2mil post wash. Baby dust to you! Hopefully this is our month! Btw, where did you do your IUI? Mine was at kkhivf

Yeah! So coincidence we did it on same day. I’m worried about the uterus lining and will it thicken the next 5 days. I did mine at dr fong Yang’s clinic.
He only told me about the egg sizes before the procedures. I only know about the lining thickness after the procedures. Baby dust to you too.

Now also doing acupuncture and hope it will help with the lining!

Yeah! So coincidence we did it on same day. I’m worried about the uterus lining and will it thicken the next 5 days. I did mine at dr fong Yang’s clinic.
He only told me about the egg sizes before the procedures. I only know about the lining thickness after the procedures. Baby dust to you too.

Now also doing acupuncture and hope it will help with the lining!

Hey Pldream! I don’t really know how to improve the lining but from what I heard you can eat red bean soup of i not wrong? I was also thinking about going to acupuncture to improve implantation but DH just want me to rest and warm my feet and womb and only drink warm water. I’m on the progesterone pills too, dydrogesterone(duphaston). I was wondering if I were to take an ovulation test again will it show up as positive since I took the trigger hcg shot? Good luck to you! Update me as you go along the way okay!

babydust!

I finally did my first IUI today too, think I didnt lie down long enough after the procedure, haha bladder was bursting omg o_O Trying not to think too much about IUI and the 2WW as I dont wanna be too stressed. But I just cant help googling about what to expect or do post IUI :oops:

I finally did my first IUI today too, think I didnt lie down long enough after the procedure, haha bladder was bursting omg o_O Trying not to think too much about IUI and the 2WW as I dont wanna be too stressed. But I just cant help googling about what to expect or do post IUI :oops:

Me too. How long did u lie down? My bladder bursting and I can only tahan 6 mins.

I also try to research for post iui symptoms over the weekend. I only have some cramps so far. Not sure is it normal sign. Sigh can’t help to think as well

Hey Pldream! I don’t really know how to improve the lining but from what I heard you can eat red bean soup of i not wrong? I was also thinking about going to acupuncture to improve implantation but DH just want me to rest and warm my feet and womb and only drink warm water. I’m on the progesterone pills too, dydrogesterone(duphaston). I was wondering if I were to take an ovulation test again will it show up as positive since I took the trigger hcg shot? Good luck to you! Update me as you go along the way okay!

babydust!

Yeah keep each other update! Hope we are all lucky this month!

Me too. How long did u lie down? My bladder bursting and I can only tahan 6 mins.

I also try to research for post iui symptoms over the weekend. I only have some cramps so far. Not sure is it normal sign. Sigh can’t help to think as well

I think I just managed to hit 9 to 10mins cos the doc talked to me for abit to distract me. Haha i tried to use my phone but didnt work as a distraction. I am having cramps now too! i read that it seems normal to have cramps. my cramps seem to get worser now versus in the morning when I did the IUI.

I think I just managed to hit 9 to 10mins cos the doc talked to me for abit to distract me. Haha i tried to use my phone but didnt work as a distraction. I am having cramps now too! i read that it seems normal to have cramps. my cramps seem to get worser now versus in the morning when I did the IUI.

My dr went out of the room after the procedure. Wish me good luck and hope to see me after 2 weeks. Lol

2ww is such a long wait. Anxious to know the result but can only wait patiently. Let’s encourage each other during these 2 weeks.

Hey StayingPositive! Yea on the day of IUI and 1dpiui i had some cramps and had spotting right after the procedure. I wanted to stay on the “procedure bed” till 15mins but then the nurse said at 10mins ok alr. I also not sure but just wrapped everything up when the nurse said that. Maybe Cause there was one other patient that also need to do the iui. For my cramps, mine was affected mostly at my butthole region LOL. But doc said was fine cause the cramping area was sharing the same nerve. Today is 4dpiui and taking everything lightly. Staying at home cause i took leave for this and just lazing watching Netflix. Babydust to all of us hopefully this is the month!

Anyway, anyone got any idea how long the hcg shot will normally be out of your system? Thanks in advance!

Back