IVF 2019

Hi all, anyone done FET here before? Need some advice.

I am currently on birth control and waiting for FET in May. Today is my Day 17 on bc and i need to continue till 21 Apr. I had a Triptorelin jab on the bum 2 days ago and today i noticed that i am spotting. Is it normal to be spotting while on bc? My menses is only expected to come 3-4 days after i stop my bc.
Hi Billie

I am also doing FET. But I was not told to take birth control pill leh. I was only told to call KKIVF on day 1 of my menses for this month. Mine will be medicated FET.

Hi, I’m scheduled to do my egg transfer tomorrow but I’m still on the fence on whether to do a single or double embryo transfer. I will only know my final number of embryos tomorrow morning because I am doing a additional genetic screen. But 4 gd quality d3 embryos have been put through the screen. Of course if only 1 or none pass the screen then the decision is made.

But if I’m lucky to get more I’m still undecided to trf 1 or 2. What did you ladies do? Initially I thought I’ll def trf 2 to increase chance of success but I’ll afraid of multiple pregnancies.

Please share your experience, thank you!!

Hi, I’m scheduled to do my egg transfer tomorrow but I’m still on the fence on whether to do a single or double embryo transfer. I will only know my final number of embryos tomorrow morning because I am doing a additional genetic screen. But 4 gd quality d3 embryos have been put through the screen. Of course if only 1 or none pass the screen then the decision is made.

But if I’m lucky to get more I’m still undecided to trf 1 or 2. What did you ladies do? Initially I thought I’ll def trf 2 to increase chance of success but I’ll afraid of multiple pregnancies.

i’ve done 4 transfers, the first two times i transferred one embryo each time. (both no implantation at all) since we had 5 day 6 blasts left, after discussions with our doc, we decided to transfer two embryos for the following FET. it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. my latest FET, we also decided to transfer two and i’m now pregnant with a singleton. so in my case, transferring two was definitely the better option as i seem to have an issue with embryo quality. (all my embryos are untested, if i have to do another round of ivf i’d also select to do pgd/pgs)

since you’re doing a genetic test (pgd?) maybe you can transfer one embryo. especially if you fear multiple pregnancies (and the complications that come with it).

My pgd screen is only screening for the thalaessemia trait as my husband and I are carriers, so the embryos will still be at risk of other genetic defects.

Did you know that the embryos were average quality when you did the single transfer? I was thinking if they inform me that by d5 the embryos have dropped in quality i may then go with 2. But i really know don’t know what is the difference im success rates between a gd quality embryo and average quality embryo.

Congratulations to your pregnancy! How many weeks are you at?

i’ve done 4 transfers, the first two times i transferred one embryo each time. (both no implantation at all) since we had 5 day 6 blasts left, after discussions with our doc, we decided to transfer two embryos for the following FET. it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. my latest FET, we also decided to transfer two and i’m now pregnant with a singleton. so in my case, transferring two was definitely the better option as i seem to have an issue with embryo quality. (all my embryos are untested, if i have to do another round of ivf i’d also select to do pgd/pgs)

since you’re doing a genetic test (pgd?) maybe you can transfer one embryo. especially if you fear multiple pregnancies (and the complications that come with it).

Hi Billie

I am also doing FET. But I was not told to take birth control pill leh. I was only told to call KKIVF on day 1 of my menses for this month. Mine will be medicated FET.

It could be because my cycle is longer than normal people, approx 45 days

So i read an article recently about our body rejecting both embryos even if 1 is good due to the lower quality one.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-less-successful-with-two-embryos-study-finds

So i read an article recently about our body rejecting both embryos even if 1 is good due to the lower quality one.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-less-successful-with-two-embryos-study-finds
Thank you for sharing this, it is indeed very insightful! I was just having a discussion with my husband if implanting two gd quality embryos actually increased success rates or allows you to achieve success with lesser tries. Meaning the specific embryo that resulted in a successful pregnancy wld have suceeded whether you transferred it on its own or with another embryo. And the one that didn’t develop further wld have failed whether in a single, double or triple trf. It’s really the quality of the egg and your body condition at the time that matters, not the number of embryos?

Haha sorry for getting too analytical. Job hazard

The article really helped give me some extra confidence in making the right decision. Thanks again!!

My pgd screen is only screening for the thalaessemia trait as my husband and I are carriers, so the embryos will still be at risk of other genetic defects.

Did you know that the embryos were average quality when you did the single transfer? I was thinking if they inform me that by d5 the embryos have dropped in quality i may then go with 2. But i really know don’t know what is the difference im success rates between a gd quality embryo and average quality embryo.

Congratulations to your pregnancy! How many weeks are you at?
no i did not know the actual quality of the embryos as the lab at NUH don’t do grading... from what i was told, they actually used my best looking embryos that i had for the first two transfers. for my hubby and me, twins would have actually been best case scenario for us (we want a big family and understood the complications that came with it).

it’s hard to make decisions like this... so many what-if’s involved. it’s really just like a flip of a coin, all down to luck at the end of the day and there’s only so little we can control with ivf. good luck for your ET tomorrow, have a good night’s sleep, keep your feet warm and cozy and think happy positive thoughts for when you have your embryo/s on board.

i’m early days still... 7w3d, we heard baby’s heartbeat yesterday.

no i did not know the actual quality of the embryos as the lab at NUH don’t do grading... from what i was told, they actually used my best looking embryos that i had for the first two transfers. for my hubby and me, twins would have actually been best case scenario for us (we want a big family and understood the complications that came with it).

it’s hard to make decisions like this... so many what-if’s involved. it’s really just like a flip of a coin, all down to luck at the end of the day and there’s only so little we can control with ivf. good luck for your ET tomorrow, have a good night’s sleep, keep your feet warm and cozy and think happy positive thoughts for when you have your embryo/s on board.

i’m early days still... 7w3d, we heard baby’s heartbeat yesterday.
Thank you dear! Yes it is so hard. So many variables so many uncertainties. My ivf is at NUH too. Im hoping if they say good quality it’s good quality . I think that there are few types of grades that are considered good quality? Haha I don’t know.

Take good care too!!

Yea that’s a lot. So are u doing fresh transfer? I hv 16 follicles and my doc said im borderline for ohss, but he did let me opt for fresh transfer . I just did ER so waiting if I develop any symptoms for ohss. Feeling bloated now
Yes I did the the fresh transfer on D5.
Everything went well.
But they will call and check status if u r still bloated on D3.

Initially I plan trf 1 too. But on D5 only had 1 early blastocyst and 1 still at cavity available to transfer.
So instead freeze one I just input two because if freeze 1 don't know able to survive thawing.

So I just take the risk transfer 2.

Initially I plan trf 1 too. But on D5 only had 1 early blastocyst and 1 still at cavity available to transfer.
So instead freeze one I just input two because if freeze 1 don't know able to survive thawing.

So I just take the risk transfer 2.
The embryologist just called me. After pgd screen only 2 embryos do not have the genetic disease. But both are still at early cavity stage. She said they are not ready for freezing if I were to trf 1 only, she will need to let it grow further to blastocyst.

Sigh..wish I had more to have more tries. Yea you are right I’m worried abt surviving the thawing too.

Are you in 2ww now?

i’m in my 2ww... 2nd day after trf... start having nausea n no appetite signs

Hi! Okay, I’m currently 8 days post transfer. I only have cramps and back aches. Hoping all goes well. But I feel sick after eating chicken. Fingers crossed that it will turn out positive. All the best to you too!

Been drinking 100plus zero since yest ER. Bad cramps...

Just got a call from hospital today. Will be doing transfer tomorrow. Out of 14 eggs retrieved, only 2 are mature and fertilized. :(

What do you gals recommend to eat after transfer to increase chances of implantation?

Just got a call from hospital today. Will be doing transfer tomorrow. Out of 14 eggs retrieved, only 2 are mature and fertilized. :(

What do you gals recommend to eat after transfer to increase chances of implantation?

Fresh pomegranate juice help

I had 12 mature eggs but only 6 fertilized. 4 good quality but I lost another 2 cos I had a genetic screen for thalaessemia. Just trfed one today.. and freezed the last one.

Like what many had said it’s quality over quantity. Good luck to ur trf! It’s much easier process than ER. Except my bladder was too full and the doc had to drain my bladder. That was quite painful . So don’t overload your bladder.

Hi! Okay, I’m currently 8 days post transfer. I only have cramps and back aches. Hoping all goes well. But I feel sick after eating chicken. Fingers crossed that it will turn out positive. All the best to you too!
all the best to u!! did u do 5 days trf or 2 days?

just relax, don’t stress, rest n watch comedy ...

dear all, after 4 failed IVF attempts in KKH, I went to taiwan to give my last shot and was blessed to give birth to a boy girl twins 8 months ago. The fertility hospital is considered the "Authority in fertility" and has superior technique who cheap success rate up to 80%. As a patient in their mailing list, I saw that they are having a seminar on 27th.
Just sharing . This is the registration from . https://forms.gle/7fc2re7WEqi2nQ947

anyone in 2ww, forget to take medicine like me? i’m having goldfish brain...

Heard ladies tend to be more forgetful when pregnant.

Anyways, put alarm to remind yourself on your meds. That’s how I remind myself too. Few alarms set for daily to remind myself on medication timing.

Hi Ladies,

Anyone start testing at 9dp2dt? I am getting crazy. I tested on clearblue and its negative.

Yesterday i used ovulation kit (leftover) and there is fade 2 lines.

Heard ladies tend to be more forgetful when pregnant.

Anyways, put alarm to remind yourself on your meds. That’s how I remind myself too. Few alarms set for daily to remind myself on medication timing.

haiz...
Hi Ladies,

Anyone start testing at 9dp2dt? I am getting crazy. I tested on clearblue and its negative.

Yesterday i used ovulation kit (leftover) and there is fade 2 lines.

did u trf day 2 embryo or day 5?

Hello all, I am new here.
Thanks for sharing all the stories about ivf journey. I hope I can also share my ivf journey with you all. Mostly all of you are doing your ivf at KKH/NUH but I done mine at a private hospital.
Just a short introduction, I am 37yo this year and I had 1 cycle of egg retrieval and did 3 times of ivf frozen transfer. This year is my 4th years of ivf journey, 1st transfer we only made it to 6 weeks and later did a D&C. 2nd transfer was not pregnant at all. 3rd transfer was on 26 Feb 2019, now I am 7th weeks of pregnant and thanks god that we finally made it on our last embryo (grade 4BB, after LAH become grade 5BB). It was a really great news for us.
If you have any question, I am happy to answer! Cheers and don’t give up!
Which pte hospital you went? Cause I thought of going to pte instead of govt hospital.

Hi All,

I did my first scan on 13 Apr and started injections that day too. The injections are quite manageable, not painful. Thank God.

During my first scan (before injections), there were 5 follicles range between 3 to 6mm I think. The count feels very low to me. Does anyone knows if the count will increase after the stimulation starts?

Please share with me about your experience. Feeling nervous. Thank you.

Hi All,

I did my first scan on 13 Apr and started injections that day too. The injections are quite manageable, not painful. Thank God.

During my first scan (before injections), there were 5 follicles range between 3 to 6mm I think. The count feels very low to me. Does anyone knows if the count will increase after the stimulation starts?

Hi, yes. The counts might increase and are you taking any other supplements besides the injections? I was given supplements to have better egg quality. Try to relax and keep yourself calm. I’m sure all will go smooth. I think eating egg white helps too. I was told to eat like 5 egg whites a day.

Hi All,

Hi, yes it should increase but everyone responds differently to these jabs. Doc will adjust your dosage depending on how u progress. Anyway it’s kind of a double edged sword, while it’s great to have many follicles to increase chances of getting gd quality eggs but too many follicles indicates you are at risk of ohss. So just take each scan as it cones, don’t worry too much!

Hi everyone, it’s 4dp5dt for me. Not really feeling anything except some twinges on my pelvic region, hoping it’s cos it’s trying to implant.

Baby dust to everyone!!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm praying for good quality eggs too. This is my first IVF, so bit anxious about egg count too. I do hope they could retrieve at least 8-9 egg. I'm taking folic and ubiquinol. What supplements were you given by your doctor?

Hi, yes. The counts might increase and are you taking any other supplements besides the injections? I was given supplements to have better egg quality. Try to relax and keep yourself calm. I’m sure all will go smooth. I think eating egg white helps too. I was told to eat like 5 egg whites a day.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
For your case, how was the count during your first scan? Did it increase after stimulation?

By the way, when they say 5 day transfer, does it include the day of retrieval? Eg. ER on Monday, when do they do the 5 day transfer? Sat or Fri?

Hi, yes it should increase but everyone responds differently to these jabs. Doc will adjust your dosage depending on how u progress. Anyway it’s kind of a double edged sword, while it’s great to have many follicles to increase chances of getting gd quality eggs but too many follicles indicates you are at risk of ohss. So just take each scan as it cones, don’t worry too much!

Hi All,

first scan is like that. common. don’t stress, after 1 wk u will start to know how many roughly.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
For your case, how was the count during your first scan? Did it increase after stimulation?

By the way, when they say 5 day transfer, does it include the day of retrieval? Eg. ER on Monday, when do they do the 5 day transfer? Sat or Fri?
Day of retrieval which is day of fertilisation is day 0. So day 5 will be Saturday if ER is on Mon.

I had about 10 follicles ranging 6-8mm after 3 days of injections.

Sharing CNA insider video on IVF: What's pushing Singaporean women to cross the Causeway to seek fertility treatment in Johor Bahru? Talking Point investigates

Back