IVF 2019

Sorry to hear that. Did the doctor provide any insight as to why this cycle failed and what can be done to improve?

I haven’t met up with the doctor. He just msg me to take a break first. I’m on my period now. I still 1 have 1 remaining embryo. Will do that ET after my next period cycle.

I’ve only just started spotting and I’m worried my first day of full flow will fall on the Good Friday PH. Will it be too late if I end up doing a day4 scan (Monday)?

Hi Mellyn,

No, I didn’t see any Tcm or acupuncture during the 2WW. Does that usually help?
that’s just a myth, i did not do any tcm during 2ww, but i bedrest the whole of 1 wk... before doing light stuff... eat well sleep well n watch happy shows

that’s just a myth, i did not do any tcm during 2ww, but i bedrest the whole of 1 wk... before doing light stuff... eat well sleep well n watch happy shows

Okay, I actually did a lot of bed rest too as I was having mild cramps and back aches.

But oh well, guess not everyone is lucky with the first attempt.

I haven’t met up with the doctor. He just msg me to take a break first. I’m on my period now. I still 1 have 1 remaining embryo. Will do that ET after my next period cycle.

I see... i really hope the next one will be successful. We full understand how stressful this journey is

I’ve only just started spotting and I’m worried my first day of full flow will fall on the Good Friday PH. Will it be too late if I end up doing a day4 scan (Monday)?
KKH does scan on Sat. My full flow came on Fri, they ask me to go for scan on Sat. If full flow on Fri, call them early morning on Sat. They may ask you to go down immediately.

KKH does scan on Sat. My full flow came on Fri, they ask me to go for scan on Sat. If full flow on Fri, call them early morning on Sat. They may ask you to go down immediately.

Thanks!!!

My flow came this afternoon, so tmr will be considered Day1? Is that how it is counted (omg! my whole life I’ve been counting wrongly, HAHA!)?

I rang them up earlier and the nurse scheduled me for scan on sat morning. That should be fine yea?

Thanks!!!

My flow came this afternoon, so tmr will be considered Day1? Is that how it is counted (omg! my whole life I’ve been counting wrongly, HAHA!)?

I rang them up earlier and the nurse scheduled me for scan on sat morning. That should be fine yea?
tdy count as day 1, but cos late afternoon start so sometimes they won’t schedule tmr...

Hi everyone, it’s 4dp5dt for me. Not really feeling anything except some twinges on my pelvic region, hoping it’s cos it’s trying to implant.

Baby dust to everyone!!

It is still early to feel anything.
One of the early symptom include feeling tire, alway want nap.
So wait a few more days and observe if there are any other symptom

Baby dust to you.

Okay, I actually did a lot of bed rest too as I was having mild cramps and back aches.

But oh well, guess not everyone is lucky with the first attempt.

Give yourself 3 tries with the doc. They will figure out the best adjustments to increase success rate.

Stay positive and eat healthy before your next cycle.
Baby dust to you.

I think there are 2 thoughts of practice. The NUH nurse told me that Prof Stephen Chew don't do fresh cycle anymore. But Prof PC Wong and his team will still do fresh cycle (not to waste any possible chance).
Are you in NUH? We failed 2 cycle in KK so we wanted to change to go NUH. Unfortunately, did not push thru! We went for our appointment in NUH last monday to meet Dr Stephen Chew and we waited for 2.5hrs and still waiting. Until my hubby get frustrated and asked the nurse why is it so long and skipped my queue for 3 times. The nurse replied that is because they prioritised the surgery patients. So meaning even after the patient inside the room finish and 1 surgery patient come again means my turn will be pushed behind again! Therefore we left the clinic without consulting the doctor as my hubby was so upset. So probably returning back to KK again.

Out of many eggs I've gotten, all were bad qualities except 2 which made it so far.
So KKH doctor advised me to insert 2 even though I just wish to have only 1 inserted.
So I decided to listen to doctor's advise..to put 2.
1 good quality 1 average = both made it.
Wow.. congratulations! I have the same case last cycle last march unfortunately did not make it.

Hi guys, i will be doing ET this 20th.. so many questions running thru my mind.. urghh! When or do kkh update us our embryo/blastocyst grades? o_O
They called me after 1 day to confirm on the ET day. And only tell me of my grading on the day of transfer. Mine was a good quality but i only have 1. It didnt make it though. Im starting my 2nd cycle in June.

Baby dust to all of us.

Anyone got Dr Jessie Phoon before? How is she? Dr Sadhana who handled me .. last min got something on.. and i hv ET coming soon

They called me after 1 day to confirm on the ET day. And only tell me of my grading on the day of transfer. Mine was a good quality but i only have 1. It didnt make it though. Im starting my 2nd cycle in June.

Baby dust to all of us.
*Hugs*

May BFP awaits u in june

Baby dust to all of us.
I have the same experience at KK for 2 cycles, they never call to update the embryo progress and just schedule to transfer on day 2 for my both cycles with 2 embryos transfer. Both end up in negative result, the embryo quality is not as good. So deciding to go for 3rd round fresh cycle on july... last chance for the govt grant for fresh cycle.

Dont despair. May things gets better for u. My ET this sat.. i can only cross finger

We in the midst of 2nd fresh cycle and we decided to go private and go with Dr Tan HH. Everything look good at this stage and today suppose to be the date for AF nowhere to be seen. BT next Monday. Hope for the best!

Are you in NUH? We failed 2 cycle in KK so we wanted to change to go NUH. Unfortunately, did not push thru! We went for our appointment in NUH last monday to meet Dr Stephen Chew and we waited for 2.5hrs and still waiting. Until my hubby get frustrated and asked the nurse why is it so long and skipped my queue for 3 times. The nurse replied that is because they prioritised the surgery patients. So meaning even after the patient inside the room finish and 1 surgery patient come again means my turn will be pushed behind again! Therefore we left the clinic without consulting the doctor as my hubby was so upset. So probably returning back to KK again.
stephen chew i tried him once, he is not good. he not kiang enough for me. i kanna infection after ivf, he bo chup, just asking me to do another cycle!! i’m with HH Tan at kkh. he is awesome dr. all my +++ all from him.

We in the midst of 2nd fresh cycle and we decided to go private and go with Dr Tan HH. Everything look good at this stage and today suppose to be the date for AF nowhere to be seen. BT next Monday. Hope for the best!
all the best! i’m with HH Tan too

stephen chew i tried him once, he is not good. he not kiang enough for me. i kanna infection after ivf, he bo chup, just asking me to do another cycle!! i’m with HH Tan at kkh. he is awesome dr. all my +++ all from him.
Im also with Dr Tan HH at KK but failed 2 cycles, so was thinking to change..but after the experience as a first time in NUH and some more just appointment only which we didnt able to talk to the Doctor. We will go back to KKH and plan to do 3rd fresh cycle on july as a last chance for govt grant.

Goodluck to you.. i hope you will get your BFP

As the person who started this thread I’m so grateful for your willingness to share as I am a first timer with IVF.

Wanted to share that my beta test was confirmed POSITIVE today! Praise the Lord! I’m going for my first ultrasound next week, hoping for a healthy pregnancy!

Here are some things I did before and during the TWW. I know every person is different but hopefully this may be useful:

1. I did weekly acupuncture for 2 months right until before ET. I did not take any herbal supplements, only folic acid, as my acupuncturist says western and herbal medicine may have unknown interactions.

2. I swam every other day for 20 min right until ER. Had to stop once I started using the crinone gel. After that I just did my morning yoga.

3. I ate salmon/ sardines at least two times a week. Stayed away from refined sugars and carbs. Also ate a lot of dark leafy greens like kale and spinach.

4. After both ER and ET I stayed home for 2 days only and then went back to work. But I came early and left on time. Avoided stress at all costs.

5. Prayed and prayed like crazy!!!!

Sending out so much love and baby dust to everyone here!

Last edited:
As the person who started this thread I’m so grateful for your willingness to share as I am a first timer with IVF.

Wanted to share that my beta test was confirmed POSITIVE today! Praise the Lord! I’m going for my first ultrasound next week, hoping for a healthy pregnancy!

Here are some things I did before and during the TWW. I know every person is different but hopefully this may be useful:

1. I did weekly acupuncture for 2 months right until before ET. I did not take any herbal supplements, only folic acid, as my acupuncturist says western and herbal medicine may have unknown interactions.

2. I swam every other day for 20 min right until ER. Had to stop once I started using the crinone gel. After that I just did my morning yoga.

3. I ate salmon/ sardines at least two times a week. Stayed away from refined sugars and carbs. Also ate a lot of dark leafy greens like kale and spinach.

4. After both ER and ET I stayed home for 2 days only and then went back to work. But I came early and left on time. Avoided stress at all costs.

Congrats...wish you a healthy pregnancy.

Congrats

Yayyy! Im so happy for you. Congrats!

Congratulations!! Can I ask where u did ur acupuncture?

Congratulations!! Can I ask where u did ur acupuncture?

Han TCM Clinic. My acupuncturist is Dr Joyce Chee. She’s very young, medically trained and very good.

Oh another tip she gave me was, after ER and ET, to always cover my feet with socks even at home to make sure my body is kept warm to help with implantation.

Han TCM Clinic. My acupuncturist is Dr Joyce Chee. She’s very young, medically trained and very good.

Oh another tip she gave me was, after ER and ET, to always cover my feet with socks even at home to make sure my body is kept warm to help with implantation.
yay! i’m so glad you got your BFP! i loved my acupuncture sessions too... very relaxing. so i definitely recommend acupuncture during IVF/FET. did she tell you when she detected your pregnancy pulse? i just found out this can be detected and thought it was cool. they can even detect gender via pulse!

I have the same experience at KK for 2 cycles, they never call to update the embryo progress and just schedule to transfer on day 2 for my both cycles with 2 embryos transfer. Both end up in negative result, the embryo quality is not as good. So deciding to go for 3rd round fresh cycle on july... last chance for the govt grant for fresh cycle.
I thought govt subsidy only for up to 2 cycles?

Good luck!! My blood test also on Mon.

Have you tested at home? I feel like testing this weekend. I hate the idea of finding out the results over the phone. I’m assuming that’s how it’s done?

Wow congratulations!!!

Wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy !

Did you have any symptoms? I don’t really anything still. Im 9dp5dt. Thinking of doing a hpt to ease myself into any negativie news

yay! i’m so glad you got your BFP! i loved my acupuncture sessions too... very relaxing. so i definitely recommend acupuncture during IVF/FET. did she tell you when she detected your pregnancy pulse? i just found out this can be detected and thought it was cool. they can even detect gender via pulse!

What’s a pregnancy pulse? Sounds cool. No, my acupuncturist told me to stop going after ET. I assume it’s not safe as it’s still early? I might go back after first trimester.

Wow congratulations!!!

Wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy !

Did you have any symptoms? I don’t really anything still. Im 9dp5dt. Thinking of doing a hpt to ease myself into any negativie news

No symptoms at all except some light cramping and bloatedness but nothing too major. I also had loose bowels a week before my beta test (sorry is this TMI?)- the kind that I usually have before my period comes so I thought it was going to be negative.

I was extremely tempted to do a HPT but I didn’t because all the HPTs I’ve taken the past year have been negative and I didn’t think I could deal with seeing another single line

All the best for you!

Last edited:
Good luck!! My blood test also on Mon.

Have you tested at home? I feel like testing this weekend. I hate the idea of finding out the results over the phone. I’m assuming that’s how it’s done?

Cant resist the temptation not to test it at home. Just done it on 15DPT3DT and surprisingly gotten a BFP. Doesn't have much any symptom during the whole 2WW. Hope for the best on Monday for the BT.

Yes, KK will call you 2 to 3 hours after the BT. Alternatively you can keep refreshing the result on healthhub.sg once the result is out.

Last edited:

It is still early to feel anything.
One of the early symptom include feeling tire, alway want nap.
So wait a few more days and observe if there are any other symptom

Baby dust to you.
Thank you dear.
It’s almost 9dp5dt, still not feeling anything. :(
No symptoms at all except some light cramping and bloatedness but nothing too major. I also had loose bowels a week before my beta test (sorry is this TMI?)- the kind that I usually have before my period comes so I thought it was going to be negative.

I was extremely tempted to do a HPT but I didn’t because all the HPTs I’ve taken the past year have been negative and I didn’t think I could deal with seeing another single line

All the best for you!

All the best for you!
I am starting to have dark brown crinone discharge and last night when i pulled out my applicator it had red blood on it too. Looks like AF is coming. I also did a hpt this morning and it’s negative. So i think im out of the running for bfp. My blood test is in 2 days time!

Back