IVF 2019

As the person who started this thread I’m so grateful for your willingness to share as I am a first timer with IVF.

Wanted to share that my beta test was confirmed POSITIVE today! Praise the Lord! I’m going for my first ultrasound next week, hoping for a healthy pregnancy!

Here are some things I did before and during the TWW. I know every person is different but hopefully this may be useful:

1. I did weekly acupuncture for 2 months right until before ET. I did not take any herbal supplements, only folic acid, as my acupuncturist says western and herbal medicine may have unknown interactions.

2. I swam every other day for 20 min right until ER. Had to stop once I started using the crinone gel. After that I just did my morning yoga.

3. I ate salmon/ sardines at least two times a week. Stayed away from refined sugars and carbs. Also ate a lot of dark leafy greens like kale and spinach.

4. After both ER and ET I stayed home for 2 days only and then went back to work. But I came early and left on time. Avoided stress at all costs.

5. Prayed and prayed like crazy!!!!

Sending out so much love and baby dust to everyone here!

Congratulation !! December baby yea ?

Thank you dear.
It’s almost 9dp5dt, still not feeling anything. :(

I am starting to have dark brown crinone discharge and last night when i pulled out my applicator it had red blood on it too. Looks like AF is coming. I also did a hpt this morning and it’s negative. So i think im out of the running for bfp. My blood test is in 2 days time!

Don’t be despair. Just wait for your blood test first ! *finger cross* Jia you !

Anyone got Dr Jessie Phoon before? How is she? Dr Sadhana who handled me .. last min got something on.. and i hv ET coming soon

I read somewhere you asked does KKH update regarding the grading, KKH did update mine after 5 days probably cos I’m doing FET. They called me via phone and after updating they will ask you to collect the ET grading report. All the best for your ET !!

What’s a pregnancy pulse? Sounds cool. No, my acupuncturist told me to stop going after ET. I assume it’s not safe as it’s still early? I might go back after first trimester.
oh i continued doing acupuncture after ET, my acupuncturist put the needles on different points and none on the stomach at all. apparently, these TCM physicians can detect pregnancy pulse quite early on. mine said he detected mine before my beta but didn’t want to give me false hope. i’ve been doing weekly acupuncture since my bfp, and always look forward to him telling me whether my pregnancy pulse is ok. as you know, the stress doesn’t stop after BFP, so it helped me knowing that everything is ok. he also told me the gender! haha i think TCM is very cool. almost like magic

I read somewhere you asked does KKH update regarding the grading, KKH did update mine after 5 days probably cos I’m doing FET. They called me via phone and after updating they will ask you to collect the ET grading report. All the best for your ET !!
Thank you eXj.. did my fresh ET just now. But doc couldnt grade them yet.. ER collected 9.. 1 blasto but not fully blast.. 2 coming to blasto.. 5 still moving but slow.. 1 still neex to moniter. Doc ask me to collect grading for the rest by end of 2ww. Doc gave me a choice of 1 or 2.. chose 2. Good luck to us!

Don’t be despair. Just wait for your blood test first ! *finger cross* Jia you !
Thank you dear! Im mentally preparing myself to expect bad news. And need to prepare my family members too lol. Some of them have been acting like i am already pregnant after ET lol, feel bad to have to disappoint them.

Thank you dear! Im mentally preparing myself to expect bad news. And need to prepare my family members too lol. Some of them have been acting like i am already pregnant after ET lol, feel bad to have to disappoint them.

Totally agreed on breaking the news to the rest of the family upon failure of the cycle.
Phewl

Thank you eXj.. did my fresh ET just now. But doc couldnt grade them yet.. ER collected 9.. 1 blasto but not fully blast.. 2 coming to blasto.. 5 still moving but slow.. 1 still neex to moniter. Doc ask me to collect grading for the rest by end of 2ww. Doc gave me a choice of 1 or 2.. chose 2. Good luck to us!

Same - To collect the report at KKKIVF@3 on your BT day. Unless if there is nothing to monitor, they will provide a very simple report to you (not much details) after your ET to close the case.

Cant resist the temptation not to test it at home. Just done it on 15DPT3DT and surprisingly gotten a BFP. Doesn't have much any symptom during the whole 2WW. Hope for the best on Monday for the BT.

Yes, KK will call you 2 to 3 hours after the BT. Alternatively you can keep refreshing the result on healthhub.sg once the result is out.
Congratulations on your bfp!!

I transferred a very good quality hatching blast but still failed! Haiz! Left 1 frozen blast for one more try. And if still unsuccessful we are just going to let nature takes its course.

Congratulations on your bfp!!

I transferred a very good quality hatching blast but still failed! Haiz! Left 1 frozen blast for one more try. And if still unsuccessful we are just going to let nature takes its course.

Thanks. IVF is a number game. The more you try the higher the likelihood you will get a BFP.

All the best and lots of baby dust to you and all.

i had my bfp on last round... this one for my 2nd baby hehe... i can only say tt dr n his team is very impt...

Very true. We felt that our last cycle failure was partly because the Dr and his Team rushed through the whole process. After the ET, we are prescribed with an oral medicine but wasn't given to us. We only realised this only 2 days before the BT, but AF came.

Very true. We felt that our last cycle failure was partly because the Dr and his Team rushed through the whole process. After the ET, we are prescribed with an oral medicine but wasn't given to us. We only realised this only 2 days before the BT, but AF came.
omg... hw can like tt.. forget to giv med very serious .... i’ve been to tmc, nuh, kkh... my personal experience kkh is the best cos of my dr.

omg... hw can like tt.. forget to giv med very serious .... i’ve been to tmc, nuh, kkh... my personal experience kkh is the best cos of my dr.

We only realised when the KKH A&E asked us why we not taking the medicine. We are like huh?! This round with Dr Tan is a blessing.

Hi everyone,

This is my first fresh IVF cycle in March and am currently in my 2ww. Today is my 17dp2dt and I am having my blood test tomorrow. I have not been feeling well these few days and used the hpt twice. Both times showed bfp. I do not want to raise my hopes high, is there possiblility that hpt showed positive and the blood test result could come back to be bfn?

Hi everyone,

This is my first fresh IVF cycle in March and am currently in my 2ww. Today is my 17dp2dt and I am having my blood test tomorrow. I have not been feeling well these few days and used the hpt twice. Both times showed bfp. I do not want to raise my hopes high, is there possiblility that hpt showed positive and the blood test result could come back to be bfn?

Unless is chemical pregnancy, blood test not doubling or scan cannot see sac (Ovum blighted), otherwise congrats!

Hi everyone,

so far twice i c bfp on hpt it’s accurate... fingers crossed all the best!

Hi everyone,

hpt won’t show false positive... so congrats on your bfp!! unfortunately with ivf, the stress doesn’t stop when you get your bfp. firstly is whether or not your hcg doubles within 48hours. next, is whether or not got yolk sac. then it’s another two week wait to see whether or not got heartbeat. hope you feel better soon!

hpt won’t show false positive... so congrats on your bfp!! unfortunately with ivf, the stress doesn’t stop when you get your bfp. firstly is whether or not your hcg doubles within 48hours. next, is whether or not got yolk sac. then it’s another two week wait to see whether or not got heartbeat. hope you feel better soon!
How to find out if the hcg doubles? Need to go down for another blood test 2 days later?

I really need to pray very hard that everything goes smoothly. I have no frozen embryos left and whilst others transfer 5D blast I transfer only 1 2D embryo. Was so demoralised for the past 2 weeks.

How to find out if the hcg doubles? Need to go down for another blood test 2 days later?

I really need to pray very hard that everything goes smoothly. I have no frozen embryos left and whilst others transfer 5D blast I transfer only 1 2D embryo. Was so demoralised for the past 2 weeks.
depending on your first beta test, you might be called back for a second beta. but if your first beta shows good hcg level usually don’t need to do second beta.

don’t be demoralised!! doesn’t matter about the embryo, my friend now has a healthy bb girl from her day2 embryo. a day2 embryo will also become a blast in your womb anyway. please cheer up and be happy for your little beanie. i know it’s hard, but you have to celebrate every little win with ivf you know... it’s stressful enough. some people have never gotten a bfp. at the very least you know your embryo is good enough to implant, celebrate that. talk to your little beanie “grow strong little one”.

Another way to cheaply check for HCG increase is to do pee stick every day at the same time, and check whether the 2nd line increases in intensity... But this is not as accurate as blood test obviously.
To keep costs low, use those internet home pregnancy test pee sticks.... I used Fairhaven health from iherb

Once u hear the heartbeat at around 6-8 weeks, chances of carrying to term are good.
Good luck!

Thank you dear.
It’s almost 9dp5dt, still not feeling anything. :(

I am starting to have dark brown crinone discharge and last night when i pulled out my applicator it had red blood on it too. Looks like AF is coming. I also did a hpt this morning and it’s negative. So i think im out of the running for bfp. My blood test is in 2 days time!

Pray hard, some time HCG is low which the test kit still cant pick up. Brown discharge maybe a sign of implantation.
Finger cross and wish u luck.

Pray hard, some time HCG is low which the test kit still cant pick up. Brown discharge maybe a sign of implantation.
Finger cross and wish u luck.
Thanks dear but but my spotting has turned into AF.... and I still have to make a trip down to NUH early in the morning just to take a blood test that I already know the outcome. Such a waste of time and effort ...

Dunno is it worse to do a blood test then find out bfn or finding out this way so u don’t go through the agony of waiting for that phone call. But kind of sucks that I didn’t get to make til the first official blood test...oh well..

Life cld be worst when you read about the bombings in Sri Lanka...

Thanks dear but but my spotting has turned into AF.... and I still have to make a trip down to NUH early in the morning just to take a blood test that I already know the outcome. Such a waste of time and effort ...

Dunno is it worse to do a blood test then find out bfn or finding out this way so u don’t go through the agony of waiting for that phone call. But kind of sucks that I didn’t get to make til the first official blood test...oh well..

Can understand your agony as we went through exactly the same thing. Your next cycle will be better. Perhaps you might want to try with Dr Tan HH from KKH next round?

totally can relate to that, don’t give up. i tried 11 yrs for my first baby, nw 13 yrs for the 2nd one... jiayou!

By the way, did all of you get a ovidrel shot right after embyro transfer. I was given one ovidrel to bring home after egg extraction and told to bring it on embryo transfer day. But after embryo transfer doctor told nurses no need for the ovidrel shot which I don’t know why. The nurses said the ovidrel is a hcg jab to let the body think it’s pregnant in order to help implantation. I wondered if that made a difference.

10B2573A-4D83-4526-9712-983FD713C46C.jpeg
By the way, did all of you get a ovidrel shot right after embyro transfer. I was given one ovidrel to bring home after egg extraction and told to bring it on embryo transfer day. But after embryo transfer doctor told nurses no need for the ovidrel shot which I don’t know why. The nurses said the ovidrel is a hcg jab to let the body think it’s pregnant in order to help implantation. I wondered if that made a difference.
I only got 1 ovidrel 250.. its the last trigger shot before ER. I tot ovidrel is to prepare your eggs for ovulation?

I got my HCG shot immediately after ER. Then the subsequent day just keep taking hormone pills.
Ven after ET also hormone pill which is 3 times a day to maintain progesterone so that the womb lining will thicken.

I got my HCG shot immediately after ER. Then the subsequent day just keep taking hormone pills.
Ven after ET also hormone pill which is 3 times a day to maintain progesterone so that the womb lining will thicken.
Ok... I didn’t use hcg for trigger because of risk of ohss.i got a shot of something after ER, nkt sure what lol. Might be hcg. Ok good to know that they didn’t miss a step lol. I was on crinone gel and ugesteron after ER too and for the rest of 2ww.

Ok... I didn’t use hcg for trigger because of risk of ohss.i got a shot of something after ER, nkt sure what lol. Might be hcg. Ok good to know that they didn’t miss a step lol. I was on crinone gel and ugesteron after ER too and for the rest of 2ww.

So far mine only give pills. Maybe next round try put 2 to increase chances. In fact when I at SGH seems like a lot put 2 but get 1.

the shot is on wed n ET is in fri... so ya... before ER

So far mine only give pills. Maybe next round try put 2 to increase chances. In fact when I at SGH seems like a lot put 2 but get 1.
I only have frozen blast left. Cos i had to do a genetic screening on day 3, lost 2 embryos there.. i only had 2 blasts left so thought I split to increase chances. Cos some ppl say fresh transfer your body is not as optimal for pregnancy. But frozen you may lose or damage ur blastocyst during thawing haha. So don’t put all my eggs into one basket literally LOL

I only have frozen blast left. Cos i had to do a genetic screening on day 3, lost 2 embryos there.. i only had 2 blasts left so thought I split to increase chances. Cos some ppl say fresh transfer your body is not as optimal for pregnancy. But frozen you may lose or damage ur blastocyst during thawing haha. So don’t put all my eggs into one basket literally LOL
frozen yes u will lose ur eggs, for fresh cycle, i nv hear before not optimal

frozen yes u will lose ur eggs, for fresh cycle, i nv hear before not optimal
Some say that for fresh cycle the body has undergone a lot of stress from injections and egg retrieval, body full of hormones. So some believe in letting the body recover and hormones flush out first. But i think it’s fated..when it’s your turn it will come haha

Congrats to u! Pls stay positive !! I am in similar case as u, transferred my last 2d embryo but not feeling hopeful as I am having cramps since 7dp2dt n abit of spotting.

Some say that for fresh cycle the body has undergone a lot of stress from injections and egg retrieval, body full of hormones. So some believe in letting the body recover and hormones flush out first. But i think it’s fated..when it’s your turn it will come haha
yes that’s true, that’s why i love HH tan, he make it a breeze n stress-less... for tmc every other day i need to keep check in check egg ...

I got my hcg results and it’s in the grey zone.. haizz.. i know eventually the level will drop. But i have to continue inserting the supplements with AF flo until wed for another blood test. It’s prolonging the agony :/

I got my hcg results and it’s in the grey zone.. haizz.. i know eventually the level will drop. But i have to continue inserting the supplements with AF flo until wed for another blood test. It’s prolonging the agony :/
so sorry you’re in beta hell :( what’s the hcg level?

some ppl preggy with flow de. just maintain.. jiayou!

Back