2016/07 July babies

Yup I'm using britax isofix, can be rear facing. As u know emkjr very fussy on car seat and he is ok with this haha I think should be comfy lah u can consider

Thanks emk! I go google so maybe you can share which model you have ? I see like got a few models under this Brand.

Last edited:
Thanks emk! I go google so maybe you can share which model you have ? I see like got a few models under this Brand.

@redvel I just do a quick check on their website and realize my model got retired already
I'm using Britax advocate, maybe u can check it out on this series for their latest model.

4f53c4877b758aa50db86a7ab31ab798.jpg

62f912507a8552eff0764f65fc0d44c0.jpg

Hee hee forget bring out pacifier so he suck this toys until sleep I have read an article, it said the car seat have to be broad, narrow car seat not good for their kneel cap.

Hello emk. Yes got the Maxi Cosi Milofix that has isofix. Haven't got her to try on yet. This Sat will be the day.

My gal is having constipation problem. She doesn't take much fruits despite giving her papaya/prune/berries/cherry/juice/Yakult. How huh? She does drink a lot of water and also barley water but she poo hard big ones and that makes her cry.

My mil suspects it's milk powder. She is on stage 2 enfamil. Any babies on this FM?

@redvel oh emkjr also drink enfamil stage 2 too but no constipation. I think depends on individual body, my friend baby cannot take similac but my niece ok leh haha maybe u wanna request other brand sample milk and let her try out

Hello emk. Yes got the Maxi Cosi Milofix that has isofix. Haven't got her to try on yet. This Sat will be the day.

My gal is having constipation problem. She doesn't take much fruits despite giving her papaya/prune/berries/cherry/juice/Yakult. How huh? She does drink a lot of water and also barley water but she poo hard big ones and that makes her cry.

My mil suspects it's milk powder. She is on stage 2 enfamil. Any babies on this FM?

My boy had diarrhea after switching from stage 2 mamil to stage 3 mamil... when I let him rest a month and transit again he diarrhea again.

Now I put him on nan...

If you have concerns on constipation, can consider Mamil stage 3... moves bowels well!

lol super 通 if on mamil stage 3.

Ya fm is really depends suitable or not. Anyway I just bought stage 3 enfamil. If this one still constipation then have to consider switch brand.

lol super 通 if on mamil stage 3.

Ya fm is really depends suitable or not. Anyway I just bought stage 3 enfamil. If this one still constipation then have to consider switch brand.
Mine on enfamil since birth. Recently change to stage 3. Can poo but poo poo got white white stuff. My mum suspect is the FM. Probably monitoring again as just recover from
Fake measle

I'm in the transition to switch from stage 2 to stage 3, previously I give stage 3 only he reject to drink. Now I slowly adding more stage 3 than stage 2 fm for his milk, hopefully he will be ok with it hee hee

Any of your lo one call u mama ? Must prompt then they will call or they will automatically call u mama ?

Oh then I better start to mix mix the stage 2 n 3. Stage 2 left half tin now.

My gal will call mama, papa, Yeye, nainai, popo (aunt in law) automatically. I mean most of the time la. Sometimes totally ignore. Her 姑姑 and 姑丈 are also very close to her but she hasn't mastered pronouncing them yet.

Woah can speak so many words, emkjr only good mood then said mama papa but not very clear leh, he always said 'A '. Did u use baby word to her ? Like neh neh for milk ?

Oh then I better start to mix mix the stage 2 n 3. Stage 2 left half tin now.

My gal will call mama, papa, Yeye, nainai, popo (aunt in law) automatically. I mean most of the time la. Sometimes totally ignore. Her 姑姑 and 姑丈 are also very close to her but she hasn't mastered pronouncing them yet.

Did they suddenly said out all these word or u all have to keep prompting them to say ? Emkjr good mood the walk over n said mama, when I prompt him to call me he will smile smile and look away. Sigh did u use baby language with your girl ? Like milk is neh neh ?

Hmm I think we use baby talk and adult talk? Mix mix lor. When good mood, she will address on her own. Else we need to say "who's that?/back?" and she will call. But among all, I don't know why she doesn't call mommy as much But she is of course still very close to me among others :)

I wasn't consistent with signing so the only sign she knows is "more". She will do the more especially when it comes to food.

She knows what she wants so she will say "neh neh" when want milk ; "yao yao" when she wants to sit in the bouncer (to rest and drink water); "walk walk" when she wants to walk rather than carry, etc. She is also naming objects when she sees them like shoes, flower, truck-truck, house etc. She is also quite good at calling strangers uncle/auntie when she is in good mood.

I guess we just name things as we go along and she picks up from there. I tried flash cards but alas I've no patience. Luckily all flash cards are passdown as I could never get through them.

Last edited:
Wow seems like your girl can talk very well leh.. emkjr still don't want to talk leh haha he will point to thing and ' ah' to tell us what he want, he will point to his pillow when he wanna take nag, point to tv when he wanna listen to song, bring the shoe over when he want to go out.

I think it's just statistic leh. That gals pick up faster than boys in most areas, especially words? He will catch up for sure.

Newest which I myself was surprised was that she said "wet wet" and pat her diaper when she was in uncomfortable heavy wet diaper. Yeye did a good job teaching her haa (Yeye is the day care nanny)

I've been teaching her for the longest time for her to say "help" rather than cry or eeh eeh eeh. Like when she wants something but can't say it and she starts to get pekcek. But just can't get into her, yet I hope.

Haha very impressed that yeye can handle her whole day, good job!!!!
Oh I think at this stage is like that one when they cannot get something they want. Emkjr will point at thing he want like remote control, vacuum cleaner, mop etc and I pretend that I don't get it and I give him something else, he will get pekcek and throw away the thing I give him. Is your girl behave the same too?
Recently emkjr love to play actual home appliances than his toys, hmm did your girl does the same too ?

Hehe yes can give the Yeye a trophy!

Yes of course she throws a fuss when she doesn't get what she wants but that's usually just before her nap when she is tired but fighting it. Keeps pointing to where the object is if she can't name it. If we give her alternative object that she has no interest she will push your hand away. Ya she also super attracted by TV remote control. But we have strict house rule no playing of remote control (when she was much smaller she played with the set up box remote control and all her saliva seeped into it then spoilt it. Yeye and Papa not happy because it means no fav tv program to watch a few days. They are 电视迷 :p ). So now when she sees remote control she will say no-no. Lol. Because everytime she wanna grab one we all say no no!

But one grown up "toy" that always entertains her is my bunch of bank token. I got a bunch with 4 tokens and she likes it press all the numbers. Haha you can try it.

Any of your lo one call u mama ? Must prompt then they will call or they will automatically call u mama ?

He only calls mama and nobody else! MIL sometimes prompt him to say things like car, chuchutrain, star, dun want, he got repeat and sounds like.

Cries when he doesn't get anything or when what he is holding is taken away from him. V assertive and whiny. Last time still quite blur, u think stuff away he just look at u and proceed to the next intriguing item...

@candymoshi @redvel oh at least your lo cry or fuss when they cannot get what they want, emkjr will use his hand to sweep whatever object infront of him leh .. sweep left and right and all object fly all over the place. How to correct this habit ?

Some mother intro fresh milk once they turn one. U wanna start with fresh milk ?

I'm not sure if at this stage fresh milk is sufficient. Just exploring the thought since fresh milk is like more easily available when out and about. I'll go read up more first.

@candymoshi @redvel oh at least your lo cry or fuss when they cannot get what they want, emkjr will use his hand to sweep whatever object infront of him leh .. sweep left and right and all object fly all over the place. How to correct this habit ?

I think it's just his way of expressing ? This phase will pass?

I remember my boss' daughter when about our lo age, threw things violently when not happy. Not sure what she attempted to do to correct... but definitely just a short phase. The gal is already a teenager now.

How do you mummies teach your lo to call papa and mama? My boy can't seems to be able to associate me with the word mama though he's very close to me. The only person he recognize and can associate by name is my dog! Whenever I call out to my dog's name he will point to him and say dog. How sad is that!

How do you mummies teach your lo to call papa and mama? My boy can't seems to be able to associate me with the word mama though he's very close to me. The only person he recognize and can associate by name is my dog! Whenever I call out to my dog's name he will point to him and say dog. How sad is that!
I am sure they will pick up eventually.... My gal will call 姐姐 when she sees her elder sister but not mama! She sees dog she will also say 狗狗 ... Still waiting for her to call me mama!

Our lo each has their own pace so eventually she'll call you mummy:)

My gal has been showing interest in using chopsticks but wondering if I should give her training chopsticks or just normal chopsticks (shorter than adult's). After all my generation all learnt from scratch.

sometimes we will show her the family photo and point to her who is who...also her kor kor likes to whine 'mummy mummy", i guess my gal also learnt through his whining!

by the way, i would like to ask from you mummies:
my girl likes to suck her thumb till the skin broke. how to break this thumb sucking habit?

Last edited:
Hi all,
Sidetrack abit, my LO is coming 1yo in oct.
May i ask,what time do u usually give last milk feed? LO have been refusing last feed at ard 11pm and slp through till 11am is it ok?
Usually Her feed before 11pm is abt 8plus

sometimes we will show her the family photo and point to her who is who...also her kor kor likes to whine 'mummy mummy", i guess my gal also learnt through his whining!

my girl likes to suck her thumb till the skin broke. how to break this thumb sucking habit?

Oh no. Does it hurt her?

Mine doesn't have suck thumb issue but she uses her fingers to dig her gums. Her teeth are sprouting including her molar. Still drooling a lot at this age.

Hi all,
May i ask,what time do u usually give last milk feed? LO have been refusing last feed at ard 11pm and slp through till 11am is it ok?

Wow so good she can sleep till 11am!

Mine regardless what time she sleeps, she will still wake at 7ish am. And that's the latest she will wake up -_-.Now she goes to bed about 8plus-9pm.

Looks like there's no chance for her to STTN anytime soon. I think we want to try mixing cereal into her last milk feed. Hopefully she takes it.

For mummies who do try that, what cereal do you mix in?

Hi all,

Last feed at 8:30pm and wake up at 6ish later is 7am to play.. but he will not take milk until 9ish and go for morning nap until 12pm
No worry lah if they hungry they will wake up for milk. And they burn less energy during sleep so won't feel hungry.

Wanna ask u all,did your lo ask for milk once they wake up in the morning ?
What type of breakfast did u all give them ?
Emkjr recently dont want to finish his milk in the morning and keep wanting to eat out food lor, bread , pancake..

No leh she won't ask for milk once awake. Her morning routine is sit her in the bouncer and drink warm water and watch cartoon. That can last her at least 15mins. She enjoys that private moment while everyone else in the family can get some own prep time. About 7plus or 8am, if she gets cranky, milk first. If never show sign of that, will feed her cooked oatmeal. Then she'll get her morning walk or to the playground. Around 9-10am she will have milk then her first nap of the day.

She does ask for food all the time when she sees us eat. Since few days ago she has been on home cooked porridge strike. I made porridge early in morning and put in thermal flask for her lunch. She has lost interest in that already. So I told Yeye to feed her egg and bread for lunch. Sometimes he will feed her rice and tofu. Today he fed her pork porridge from outside and she likes it.

During weekend, she will just eat whatever we eat. MCD, Chye tao kweh, chee cheong fun all these.

I think as long as they eat happy with varieties then let him have the pancake lor. Maybe can add some banana or blueberry into the batter.

Need to rant since yesterday it's almost impossible to brush her teeth. Shut her own mouth tight.

What toothbrush do you use? Maybe I'm using wrong toothbrush? Anyone using the 360degree one? Any good?

I am also finding ways to break this habit. Her sucking is so vigorous that nail on her right thumb came off recently .

No leh she won't ask for milk once awake. Her morning routine is sit her in the bouncer and drink warm water and watch cartoon. That can last her at least 15mins. She enjoys that private moment while everyone else in the family can get some own prep time. About 7plus or 8am, if she gets cranky, milk first. If never show sign of that, will feed her cooked oatmeal. Then she'll get her morning walk or to the playground. Around 9-10am she will have milk then her first nap of the day.

She does ask for food all the time when she sees us eat. Since few days ago she has been on home cooked porridge strike. I made porridge early in morning and put in thermal flask for her lunch. She has lost interest in that already. So I told Yeye to feed her egg and bread for lunch. Sometimes he will feed her rice and tofu. Today he fed her pork porridge from outside and she likes it.

During weekend, she will just eat whatever we eat. MCD, Chye tao kweh, chee cheong fun all these.

I think as long as they eat happy with varieties then let him have the pancake lor. Maybe can add some banana or blueberry into the batter.
Redvel u feed ur gal or she self feed? Chye Tao kweh not too oily for our buds? What is mcd?

Redvel u feed ur gal or she self feed? Chye Tao kweh not too oily for our buds? What is mcd?

Depends. When it comes to porridge/soupy dish then will spoon feed her. Snack time of fruits will also cut small piece to feed her. The rest she self feed. MCD is McDonald's hee.

Oh those oily or got too much sauce food I will still use hot water to wash off first.

Last edited:
Oh no. Does it hurt her?

Mine doesn't have suck thumb issue but she uses her fingers to dig her gums. Her teeth are sprouting including her molar. Still drooling a lot at this age.
not sure if it hurts but she still need to suck her thumb whenever she wants to sleep :(

I am also finding ways to break this habit. Her sucking is so vigorous that nail on her right thumb came off recently .
same here! Actually, I tried not to cut her fingernail hoping that she will find it difficult or uncomfortable to suck but then her nail chipped so I have to cut it short for her.

Another way I can think of is to try to re-introduce pacifier to her but I don't know if she will want it. When she was a few months old, i tried to replace her thumb with pacifier and she would spit it out.

Need to rant since yesterday it's almost impossible to brush her teeth. Shut her own mouth tight.

What toothbrush do you use? Maybe I'm using wrong toothbrush? Anyone using the 360degree one? Any good?

I use pigeon tooth brush, not rubber type is the soft brush type as recommended from pd dentist to use soft brush instead of rubber brush.
Indeed very difficult to clean their teeth as he will bite the toothbrush and give me cheeky smile haha

Now emkjr have 4 teeth on top and 2 below. Where the next teeth to grow out ah ?

@redvel which type of cooked oatmeal u give ? Ya emkjr on porridge strike and morning milk strike. Make me crack my head to prepare food for him.

I'm also using that same toothbrush you're using emk.

I've just ordered the 360 toothbrush. That one looks good leh. Provided she opens her mouth -_- . That one can reach top and bottom teeth at the same time. Can also brush brush her tongue.

She has quite a lot of teeth already. The smallest molar teeth have come out half way already. That should be coming out next for emkjr.

@redvel which type of cooked oatmeal u give ? Ya emkjr on porridge strike and morning milk strike. Make me crack my head to prepare food for him.

Indeed Thinking of what to let her eat in the day is a headache sometime.

I'm giving her the Quaker quick cook oatmeal. 3 min cooking time. Add raisin or prunes to add some taste. She likes it. I just cook in the morning and Yeye will warm it up n feed her at breakfast and even sometimes lunch when she doesn't want to eat other things.

@redvel oh emkjr also drink enfamil stage 2 too but no constipation. I think depends on individual body, my friend baby cannot take similac but my niece ok leh haha maybe u wanna request other brand sample milk and let her try out

My 1.5yo gal used to have small problem with constipation as well. She pooed like once every 2 days. After changing to Friso stage 3, there is no pooing issues. She poos almost everyday in the morning-95% of the time, after waking up/ drinking her milk and clean her before sending her to childcare. Feels accomplished yar...

Wow so good she can sleep till 11am!

Mine regardless what time she sleeps, she will still wake at 7ish am. And that's the latest she will wake up -_-.Now she goes to bed about 8plus-9pm.

Looks like there's no chance for her to STTN anytime soon. I think we want to try mixing cereal into her last milk feed. Hopefully she takes it.

For mummies who do try that, what cereal do you mix in?

I add 90ml of boiled moonrabbit brown rice powder to all her milk feed .
Eg 210ml feed 90ml is the brown rice powder (Nan 2 7scoop)

But past 1 month keep refusing her last feed..tsk tsk

Back