2016/07 July babies

Good job verluv jnr!

Birthday party was great but by the time it was to cut cake, she was so zoned out. Haa.

Felt emotional and blessed... wrote a letter to my gal. For the future her; will give her when she turns 18. I hope the paper hasn't disintegrate by then. Hehe.

Maybe mine also going through a spurt ? For past one week she hasn't been sleeping well too. Wakes up at least 2-3x a night. Sit up and cry. Wanna be carried.

Emk, mine sleeps like 9+ nowadays. She still pretty much in newborn phase waking up every 2h for milk (with eyes closed). Hahaha. Jin Jialat. One year old Liao still like this!

And with spurt, the intervals become 1-2hour, with sitting up in the middle of the night and eyes wide open.

Sttnn seems impossible. And anyway so used to it Liao. If she doesn't fuss, I will think that she got problem!

So nice to hear another milestone and bday celebrations!

And what's more heart warming is we are still in contact after a year. Hahaha.

Redvel, write in this forum for the next 18 years okay? But need to pray that this forum is still ard by then. Hahaha.

So nice to hear all your babies celebrating 1 year milestone :) I am a September mummy but definitely feeling the excitement of our babies turning one! Mine is starting to teeth now so quite fussy on some days and not eating as much solids as she used to initially. And still waking 2-3 times a night :rolleyes:

Good job verluv jnr!

Birthday party was great but by the time it was to cut cake, she was so zoned out. Haa.

Felt emotional and blessed... wrote a letter to my gal. For the future her; will give her when she turns 18. I hope the paper hasn't disintegrate by then. Hehe.

Redvel, your baby is so fortunate to have you as a mum. I think I will be super duper touch if my mum were to write letters for me. But if u ask me to write, I really dunno what to write for her.

KWL, you r right man! To think we r forum friends for 1 yr Liao.. hmm.. this July 2016 forum is good! Thumbs up!

Talking about food, mine loves eating with us on our food. She no longer likes the porridge that I have specially cooked for her. So what I do now is steam rice separately for her and give her whatever I cook for dinner. Haha she seems to eat more now. Hopefully she can catch up on her growth a bit.

As for night wake, KWL, I must salute u coz you have to wake up so many times and u still need to work the next day. I am waking twice at night and I really can't take it Liao. My husband still ask me if I want no. 4, and I straight away pull up my white flag!!

Last edited:
Good job verluv jnr!

nice! I have also done a time capsule for my boy. had requested some momentos, and notes/letters from guests pre-party and they came prepared! my boy will open it when he turns 16.. hehe

So nice to hear all your babies celebrating 1 year milestone :) I am a September mummy but definitely feeling the excitement of our babies turning one! Mine is starting to teeth now so quite fussy on some days and not eating as much solids as she used to initially. And still waking 2-3 times a night :rolleyes:

u may like to try teething gel too? dentinox works well for my kids. else, essential oils to calm them is good too!

Redvel, your baby is so fortunate to have you as a mum. I think I will be super duper touch if my mum were to write letters for me. But if u ask me to write, I really dunno what to write for her.

KWL, you r right man! To think we r forum friends for 1 yr Liao.. hmm.. this July 2016 forum is good! Thumbs up!

Talking about food, mine loves eating with us on our food. She no longer likes the porridge that I have specially cooked for her. So what I do now is steam rice separately for her and give her whatever I cook for dinner. Haha she seems to eat more now. Hopefully she can catch up on her growth a bit.

As for night wake, KWL, I must salute u coz you have to wake up so many times and u still need to work the next day. I am waking twice at night and I really can't take it Liao. My husband still ask me if I want no. 4, and I straight away pull up my white flag!!

Hahaha cos I still #1. If I have as many as u, I will probably die of fatigue.

Recently growth spurt so must endure a bit more of her nonsense.

Wah don't know what the world is like in 18years time. Maybe something else replaces internet then.

My gal has now transitioned to floor mattress. The cot is getting too small for her. Bang here bang there during her sleep she gets very annoyed.

I also don't think STTN is happening anytime soon. She still needs a 12am-2am feed.

Jiayou mummies.

So gd! My menses came back when she is 6mths old and my milk supply drop like stock market. Now have to slowly intro her to FM.

My gal doesn't like porridge so I did BLW for her and she likes it. But eat very very little.

Wow KWL, do you feel like puberty with no mense ? Hehhe.

Who else still in puberty here? :p

My cycle has become shorter post pregnancy.

Last edited:
Maybe all the night latching keeps Aunty flo away. Kjr is still on full bm. Will start to give her frozen bm when my supply cannot meet her demand.

Kjr also BLW. Eat little. And small size haha. Is okay lah. She happy can Liao.

BLW has its benefit. I can eat at the same time with her most of the time.

I also night latch but auntie still looks for me. My supply already cannot meet her demand. I tried all booster food but doesn't help me at all.

My girl also small size. Now 8 mths still wearing 6mths old clothes. Small size gd. Easy to carry.

She drink a lot ah? Maybe mine doesn't drink that much.

How heavy now?

Mine stagnant for 10,000 years haha

Mine now every 3hrs 150ml. But at night latch.

At 8mths she weight about 7kg. Include her diaper. Haha.. I think she only 6. Something kg

Mine now every 3hrs 150ml. But at night latch.

At 8mths she weight about 7kg. Include her diaper. Haha.. I think she only 6. Something kg

Mine probably just 120-140ml per feed during the day hahaha. Night time latch every 2hours.

Benefits of small size baby too!

Btw redvel, any news of #2 to share with us?

Weekday hard to eat with her as her dinner is 5-6pm. Our dinner is only ready at 7plus (aunt cooks for us). She would be ready for sleep (bathe her and wind her down by 730pm) around that time. So we will eat together at the table only on weekend.

I upgraded her to L size diaper (for 9kg onwards) couple of months ago. But I don't think she even hits 9kg yet lor.

Next week is her vaccination. I wonder how will she be reacting compared to 6months ago. Now she is more alert and expressive so don't know will make a scene or not lol.

Weekday hard to eat with her as her dinner is 5-6pm. Our dinner is only ready at 7plus (aunt cooks for us). She would be ready for sleep (bathe her and wind her down by 730pm) around that time. So we will eat together at the table only on weekend.

I upgraded her to L size diaper (for 9kg onwards) couple of months ago. But I don't think she even hits 9kg yet lor.

Next week is her vaccination. I wonder how will she be reacting compared to 6months ago. Now she is more alert and expressive so don't know will make a scene or not lol.

Days of L size diapers seem to be so remote and faraway...

Update us on the jab. I gonna take it end July. And yes, pls share the experience. Hopefully I can be more parepared for it

Mine very temperamental when it comes to milk. Sometimes 60ml sometimes 160ml. Siao siao one this gal.

No #2 in sight. This month also too tired to do anything :p

My gal also small size...weight n height stagnant ...the doc said she is only growing her had!

At 1 year old she is only 8.5kg....

Wonder what can we feed to make her put on weight and grow taller

She is also not sleeping through the night ...

My gal also small size...weight n height stagnant ...the doc said she is only growing her had!

At 1 year old she is only 8.5kg....

Wonder what can we feed to make her put on weight and grow taller

She is also not sleeping through the night ...

Formula baby tend to be bigger size

@KWL mine is FM baby since 4 months plus leh
When she is fully bm she is in 75 percentile now she is 25

Wah.. the opposite ah.. still got BM?

mine initially 75 percentile at 3mths but dunno how come suddenly drop and drop. My bro say to let her eat more cos she so small size. But if she eat a lot, only her stomach very big like got big tummy then next thing she will poo poo a lot.

@redevel, ya, let nature take course. U aiming for a baby in year of dog?

Snowfern suggested cooking food in butter for some fats intake. I do that for bread and steam veg. She likes it. But always ends up she is oily everywhere. Just clean up after that lo (which can be a lot of work if done daily!)

Haha ya sometimes after a meal I bathe her I see her tummy aiyo so big and round but her limbs not that round.

We were hoping for a chicken (hubby is kok kok geh) but overshot already. Actually any animal also can. Hard to imagine also this old lady here can have #2.

Ah.. I just intro butter last weekend. Like that I use more butter. Ya, but later all oily and must clean up.

Don't stress yourself. Must relax then can pop another one.

My fren gave birth same a me in Oct and her son is now coming 10kg. Just stop BM at 7mths. At 6mths already 7-8kg.

Ya, FM babies tend to be bigger.

I think boy tend to be bigger in size, eat well and sleep well does help. Old people got a saying baby sleep more grow faster. My boy start ifc this week and he sleep so little. Morning nap 40mins only, at my mum house he can sleep 2hours for morning nap. If no improvement on nap hour then I won't continue putting him there.
At the center got a baby girl same bday as emkjr and she is smaller size than emkjr. Girl more 娇小玲珑。
Hmmm the center porridge also a bit over healthy, look very plain... not so many 料, home cook still the best haha

Tmr bring emkjr to dentist for assessment, then Thursday go polyclinic for vaccination. My colleague baby having 39degree fever for two days leh .. very scare!

So much activities in this July Mummies chat, yes we have been online friends for almost a year/more than a year!

Celebrated his 1yo birthday in the home, squeezing 70pax at one point. Told my HB if I have no3 I wun care abt "fairness" so wun do 1yo celebration. But it was fun nonetheless w relatives and friends sharing the joyful moment. Best part is being prayed over and blessed by pastors.

Baby started taking fm last tues and have been having diarrhea since. Buttocks red until like monkey's butt, see already the heart so pain. Visited the GP on Sunday for medication and he is 9.3kg nia...

I just bought L size diapers in cartons but looks like he is not going to fit into it yet.

Now simply wishing that he gets well, that he will stop waking up in the nite and screaming murder, and doesn't need to be carried to sleep. Seems like be Go-stun now back to newborn.

Just got him to sleep after feeding him at 1am and washing his bum bum... 1.5hrs later still talking to himself and wakes up tired in the morn.

Elm try different textures? Mine prefer hard and tough food nowadays
Oh does it work?
I have been feeding her a bit of our adult home cook food recently without seasoning (e.g. Rice, soup, stir fry) because my girl will look with interest at what we're eating. She does eat the white rice and soup when I share with her. Does this mean she is ready for harder/tougher food than just porridge alone?

Oh does it work?
I have been feeding her a bit of our adult home cook food recently without seasoning (e.g. Rice, soup, stir fry) because my girl will look with interest at what we're eating. She does eat the white rice and soup when I share with her. Does this mean she is ready for harder/tougher food than just porridge alone?

Maybe? U got to try. Like my girl eats air fried potatoes but doesn't eat potato cooked in soup. Is a texture thing

My gal is having quite bad nappy rash. Partly she is pooping very frequently (due to more feed and was told this could be teething symptom as she is putting everything into her mouth). I'm going to switch to cloth diaper but at IFC will still be disposable but they are now changing her every 2 hrs instead of 3.

Anyone using cloth diapers? I think @snowfern is right? Moo moo kow ok?
Have you tried using Emu Tracks Emu Oil? There are so many reviews about it. U may like to check it out.

Yes,still using because I dun change her diapers at night...so from 7pm to 7am, diaper full full!

Woah 7pm to 7am your lo sleep so long ?

Hmm I have stop using it for one month already coz too troublesome as I need to struggle with emkjr when I wipe up him to prepare for sleep. So far ok leh maybe some night if I'm not so tired I will get up to change diapers for him. Any recommended age to stop using ah ?

Woah 7pm to 7am your lo sleep so long ?

Hmm I have stop using it for one month already coz too troublesome as I need to struggle with emkjr when I wipe up him to prepare for sleep. So far ok leh maybe some night if I'm not so tired I will get up to change diapers for him. Any recommended age to stop using ah ?
She sleeps around 730-8pm but doesn't sleep through , wakes up for 2 feeds. After milk continues to sleep, so we dun change her .
I stopped for my elder when she is around 2

Emk u try to wear diaper Liao. Then u apply the cream on ur finger and slot into the butt and apply. My latest way of apppying cream. Hahahaa

Back