IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyway. Will let go cheaply if there are takers. I will check on my old bill again and see price from both O&G and glenE and TMC

Hi sisters! I'm going for my embryo transfer tmr (hopefully if everything goes well!!!). Want to check if I shd prepare and get anything for the 2ww? And did u guys go out the day after ET?
All the best for ur Et and 2ww...Some went out some didnt.It all depends on individual i guess...Usualy dey said 1st 2 days dun go out after Et if can...Again depends...Take care...

Dear sisters,
There were some brownish spotting yesterday (3dp5dt) and turned pinkish today (4dp5dt) when I wipe after peeing. Would like to ask if you can share your experiences on this? Is that common? Thanks...

*** BEST OF LUCK! for cycle buddies either in TWW now or soon. Keep fighting... ***

Dear sisters,
There were some brownish spotting yesterday (3dp5dt) and turned pinkish today (4dp5dt) when I wipe after peeing. Would like to ask if you can share your experiences on this? Is that common? Thanks...

*** BEST OF LUCK! for cycle buddies either in TWW now or soon. Keep fighting... ***

Sound like implantation spotting to me... Wish you best of luck!!

I have just checked... $36 is for 500ml (not 250ml) at NUH cos that the dose of another gf of mine so yeah $18.50 per dose of 250ml. Over at glenE my gf paid $28.50/vial so if there are any interested parties, just let me know and I am sure she won't have a problem meeting Nuh prices and lower. Most private patients will buy the vial to avoid the trouble of going back to IVF clinic for the jab so we usually do it at GP.
ImageUploadedByForum1465400013.720208.jpg

Morning! Can I check if ER will affect the menses cycle? had done ER on sat and mine is FET. Menses is usually ard 20th of the mth but it is alr reporting now... If so, it will be hard to determine my next cycle for my FET, right?

Dear sisters,

Could be implantation spotting cos for 5days blastocyst, implantation will take place 3 days after transfer while 3 days embryo will implant around 5-6 days later.

Morning! Can I check if ER will affect the menses cycle? had done ER on sat and mine is FET. Menses is usually ard 20th of the mth but it is alr reporting now... If so, it will be hard to determine my next cycle for my FET, right?

Yup menses will come a few days after ER. I had mine 5 days later after ER. My next menses was pretty late and not my usual cycle so I had to jumpstart for my menses to come and prepare for FET.

Hi sisters! I'm going for my embryo transfer tmr (hopefully if everything goes well!!!). Want to check if I shd prepare and get anything for the 2ww? And did u guys go out the day after ET?

I went home right after ET and stayed home for 7 days before my hub let me venture out to the nearest mall for a quick shopping trip lol! Just walk at a slower pace if u decide to go out.

Yup menses will come a few days after ER. I had mine 5 days later after ER. My next menses was pretty late and not my usual cycle so I had to jumpstart for my menses to come and prepare for FET.
Thanks andreanie!! how to jumpstart the cycle? And for FET, when will the ET be? How many days after menses?

Hi all, can I check if it's better to transfer one or two? I have 2 embies but Dr Sadhana is advising to just transfer one due to higher risks of twins and my history of gestational diabetes when my mum carried me. So she suggests waiting till D5 to transfer a singleton. I am so confused.

Thanks andreanie!! how to jumpstart the cycle? And for FET, when will the ET be? How many days after menses?

My gynae gave me Duphaston to standby if I need to jumpstart my menses. Even for this July fresh cycle, he already told me to wait for 3 weeks from my last cycle of latest 4 weeks and then if no menses yet, can start taking Duphaston to jumpstart my menses. Menses will come a few days after I finish eating the pill. I've to take the pill for 14 days twice a day.

For FET, the ET will be around 2-3 weeks after last menses if I remember correctly. Quite fast. Need to eat some meds to make the lining thick and ready for ET. When your lining hits 7mm, you are ready for the transfer.

Hi all, can I check if it's better to transfer one or two? I have 2 embies but Dr Sadhana is advising to just transfer one due to higher risks of twins and my history of gestational diabetes when my mum carried me. So she suggests waiting till D5 to transfer a singleton. I am so confused.

Hmm I would say it's really up to u. All docs will say if put two higher risks of twins. I've put two embies in 2011 but only resulted in singleton. This year I put one but BFN. So it doesn't really mean putting two in would get twins but the chance is there if you're lucky. One of my friend also put in two but also singleton. Whereas one of my friend put 3 (in 2008) and she got triplets. So the decision is really yours to make and decide.

And for gestational diabetes, even if singleton if it's genetic then some people will get it and some people don't. So it's a 50-50 chance, not definitely u will get it. :)

Hmm I would say it's really up to u. All docs will say if put two higher risks of twins. I've put two embies in 2011 but only resulted in singleton. This year I put one but BFN. So it doesn't really mean putting two in would get twins but the chance is there if you're lucky. One of my friend also put in two but also singleton. Whereas one of my friend put 3 (in 2008) and she got triplets. So the decision is really yours to make and decide.

And for gestational diabetes, even if singleton if it's genetic then some people will get it and some people don't. So it's a 50-50 chance, not definitely u will get it. :)
For me, I will always put 2 embryos cos the probability of a BFN is much higher than BFP of 2 embryos. Why waste the cycle?

My gynae gave me Duphaston to standby if I need to jumpstart my menses. Even for this July fresh cycle, he already told me to wait for 3 weeks from my last cycle of latest 4 weeks and then if no menses yet, can start taking Duphaston to jumpstart my menses. Menses will come a few days after I finish eating the pill. I've to take the pill for 14 days twice a day.

For FET, the ET will be around 2-3 weeks after last menses if I remember correctly. Quite fast. Need to eat some meds to make the lining thick and ready for ET. When your lining hits 7mm, you are ready for the transfer.

Thanks for the info! Then i better call to make an appt with the dr. and best of luck with your jul cycle!! we might be cycle buddies though mine is FET :)

Thank you girls. As we had to make the decision quite fast, we have decided to put in just 1 as it's safer and higher chance since it will be a blastocyst. Wish me luck for my ET on Sat!

Thanks for sharing gal....was bloated till last Fri but sat onwards able to pass gas (tmi)..and bloat gone for good. That's actually bothering me alot tho should not symptoms spot. And long way for BT. :(
It's ok. Just stay positive. I think passing out a lot of gas is good. Even after pregnant you will keep passing out lots of gas...

Thank you girls. As we had to make the decision quite fast, we have decided to put in just 1 as it's safer and higher chance since it will be a blastocyst. Wish me luck for my ET on Sat!
Gdluck all the best! Lots baby dust!!!! Just 2 days away....weee!!!!

Tks. I was actually tinkin to get natural stuff lik.bodyshop makeup n tings lik tt to use or nt..haha. A bit over rite? :p

It would not be necessary. But there are ppl who do that, got special shampoo and body wash also. It is how far you want to go. if you BFP this time then you will continue throughout your pregnancy and breast feeding?

Hmm. Tts a gd qn. Bt I dont haf lik special.bodywash n shampoo. Its jz tt im concerned on if e ingredients will b absorbed into body or nt..plus its my first time. So wann knw mre

My baby's heartbeat stopped. I have opted for the medication route to flush out the embryo instead of D&C to remove. Has anyone done this medication route? How is it like?

My baby's heartbeat stopped. I have opted for the medication route to flush out the embryo instead of D&C to remove. Has anyone done this medication route? How is it like?

Sorry to hear. Stay strong n look forward to next cycle.

Dr inserted two meds at around 6pm and I only felt cramps around 10 plus but no bleeding. 4plus am I wokeup from sleep with my pad heavily soak and I sat at the toilet bowl to let the clots pass out. U can don't do that but I feel easier than keep changing pad. U will also feel cramp too. Bleeding n clots subsided morning around 11am so I supposed all is cleared. I went back to clinic the next day to check whether I have cleared the sac and no remains inside.
Just be mentally prepared that if u choose this medicated route n the sac wasn't flushed out properly u still need to do d&c. My dr suggest medication because it's less invasive than a surgery but he did warn me that if not purge out I may need to do d&c. It really depends on your pain tolerance level. Take care.

Oh dear.. You're at how many weeks? Basically the meds will induce cramps followed by bleeding. However there's a risk that it will not clear out clean and may need d&c
For me at Nuh, I had to insert the pills every 3 hrs x 4 times. By the second pills already started bleeding

Sorry to hear. Stay strong n look forward to next cycle.

Dr inserted two meds at around 6pm and I only felt cramps around 10 plus but no bleeding. 4plus am I wokeup from sleep with my pad heavily soak and I sat at the toilet bowl to let the clots pass out. U can don't do that but I feel easier than keep changing pad. U will also feel cramp too. Bleeding n clots subsided morning around 11am so I supposed all is cleared. I went back to clinic the next day to check whether I have cleared the sac and no remains inside.
Just be mentally prepared that if u choose this medicated route n the sac wasn't flushed out properly u still need to do d&c. My dr suggest medication because it's less invasive than a surgery but he did warn me that if not purge out I may need to do d&c. It really depends on your pain tolerance level. Take care.
O. I'm supposed to insert 2 morning and night for 2 days. Then I thk I better start tomorrow morning instead.

Oh dear.. You're at how many weeks? Basically the meds will induce cramps followed by bleeding. However there's a risk that it will not clear out clean and may need d&c
For me at Nuh, I had to insert the pills every 3 hrs x 4 times. By the second pills already started bleeding
By date it's 8 wks. But heartbeat stopped between 7 and 8 wks.

Update FET#1
Jun 04 (Sat), 0dp5dt
- Thawed three D2 embryos, all survived the thawing, managed to get two blastocysts in the end
- Transferred two D5 blastocysts
- Prescribed (1) Cardiprin 1 x 100 mg,
(2) Progynova 2 x 4 mg,
(3) Folic Acid 1 x 5 mg and
(4) Utrogestan 2 x 200 mg
- BT on Jun 16, Thu (12dp5dt)
Update FET#1
Jun 09 (Thu), 5dp5dt
- Spotting on and off since 3dp5dt, from brownish to pinkish
- Got the Proluton Depot 250 mg jab to support.
- Countdown to BT : 7 days

Sorry to hear that. In ivf sustaining pregnancy is such a challenge. This journey from stim till delivery is a daily labor pain for us. This journey is definitely not for the faint hearted ones and no outsider can understand our emotional roller coaster ride.

Cry it out rest well tiao body and come back stronger gal.

Dear sistas, are there any side effects for utrogestan. It seems that I kp goin to toilet lik duno hw many times today..anybd experienced same?

Sorry to hear that...i did with medication but unsure whats the name for it...However mine did not clear well...Some remnants seen in ultrasound thus needed d&c...Rest well...

Back