(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

My 1st confinement lady was from agency. Cannot make it. Left 2 wks. Lazy n said wan to quit. So i will not hire one for my 2nd one. Will order confinement tinggat. Not sure healthy though. Also dun wan mil to come n help becoz we wont have the same views. Likely hubby only take 2 wks leave n i will be on my own.
I tried both confinement lady and confinement tinggat catering.franly, it can't beat those cooked by the CL.
portion was good, good fresh but the ginger and wine too mild.i remember adding my own fried ginger & Martel/rice wine. Plus their menu is the same for 2weeks or thoughout the 4wks.
My CL cooks well, except the longgan drink she prepares stocks once a week.cut onions etc and keep fridge.she'll be my last resort if I can't get others.

Suddenly my Morning sickness stopped... should i b worried?

Enjoy the pregnancy and don't think too much negative thoughts :)

U remind me of my breastfeeding journey. It was a failure. I promise myself to do more research on breastfeeding n also get a better pump for the 2nd one.

My latching skill is a failure :( I only rely on my trusty manual Avent pump and the milk bags but my "career" ended at the 4th month.

Just came back from dr john yam clinic..

In my 10weeks now. Hoping 2 more weeks to arrive SOON & hope MS will slowly disappear.. :rolleyes:

We discussed abt the oscar test, amnio test & harmony test..

I opt for the harmoney test & will be doing it on 20jan morning. My hubby was asking 'afternoon can' .. Dr explain cos the sample blood has to be sent to usa lab & the courier will usually pick up in the noon time. :p

& also, Dr drew abit of my blood today to test for hepatitis & ammnonia thingy...

I didnt get to "bu" during my 1st one.i think my body already gone case liao.
This round bu gao gao :)
My first quite bad too.bad enforcement n back pain.i spend most times up n massaging my engorged breast..then rest.the models freestyle didn't help for inverted nipple. Switch to momforte & I get to rest more but that is towards end of confinement loh

I tried both confinement lady and confinement tinggat catering.franly, it can't beat those cooked by the CL.
portion was good, good fresh but the ginger and wine too mild.i remember adding my own fried ginger & Martel/rice wine. Plus their menu is the same for 2weeks or thoughout the 4wks.
My CL cooks well, except the longgan drink she prepares stocks once a week.cut onions etc and keep fridge.she'll be my last resort if I can't get others.

Ginger and wine/martell .... u really made my saliva drool now.
I add martell to my herbal soup, it is so yum to be served in soup rather than to drink it as alcohol.

Kiasu me has already started to stock up dom. ;)

I dunno how to bu back. If i not hiring confinement lady for this time round, only order confinement tingkat, is there any simple herbs to buy n boil? Maybe too early to ask this question now.
Got.hockhua has pre-pack herbs for confinement.mayb buy some loose better quality herb to top up? Use slow cooker very convenient

Last edited:
Ginger and wine/martell .... u really made my saliva drool now.
I add martell to my herbal soup, it is so yum to be served in soup rather than to drink it as alcohol.

Kiasu me has already started to stock up dom. ;)
Haha..and vinegar trooters!!!!!

Just came back from dr john yam clinic..

In my 10weeks now. Hoping 2 more weeks to arrive SOON & hope MS will slowly disappear.. :rolleyes:

We discussed abt the oscar test, amnio test & harmony test..

I opt for the harmoney test & will be doing it on 20jan morning. My hubby was asking 'afternoon can' .. Dr explain cos the sample blood has to be sent to usa lab & the courier will usually pick up in the noon time. :p

& also, Dr drew abit of my blood today to test for hepatitis & ammnonia thingy...

I just did the Oscar test today and blood test for trisomy 13, 18 and 21.
The blood results will be out within 3 days :)

Haha..and vinegar trooters!!!!!

Waaaaaa ... buay tahan .... my friend's mil cooked very fantastic trotters. She invited us for lunch and we could drink the vinegar as soup. It's so tasty ........ I want to ask my mum to make it for me now :D

Suddenly my Morning sickness stopped... should i b worried?

Think last week, my MS suddenly gone too, I felt normal. And I was so upset and worried then when I started feeling abit nausea again, I thought is I upset until I subconsciously make myself nausea. Then 1-2 days later, it worsen until I vomited dinner (wholesale). Slowly, I feel my MS abit under control but morning to noon, it is the worse. Try to relax and don't think, just hope for everything to be fine. It is hard not to think de... but do try to distract yourself. Maybe it will come back with a revenge.

Got.hockhua has pre-pack herbs for confinement.mayb buy some loose better quality herb to top up? Use slow cooker very convenient
Last time i went to buy loose herbs for confinement lady to cook. She didnt use at all. Wasted my money. Heart pain. Thanks for sharing on the prepack herbs. Didnt know abt this. Will go n check it out. Thanks.

U remind me of my breastfeeding journey. It was a failure. I promise myself to do more research on breastfeeding n also get a better

BF is the biggest obstacle during confinement and I salute the mummies who endure it but u will have great satisfaction seeing yr bb drinking it. That's the greatest reward :)

pump for the 2nd one.
Aiyo, I also very scare I will be a failure in breastfeeding.. Hoping for the best.
Must really ask from your on advices on breastfeeding.. totally clueless.

Aiyo, I also very scare I will be a failure in breastfeeding.. Hoping for the best.
I joined this breastfeeding group in fb.
The breastfeeding advocate network. Quite useful. But theory n practical may be different. Crossing my fingers i can have a smooth breastfeeding journey this round.

I joined this breastfeeding group in fb.
The breastfeeding advocate network. Quite useful. But theory n practical may be different. Crossing my fingers i can have a smooth breastfeeding journey this round.

Thanks for your advices. I must go see see...
Jia you to you too, may this round be a success for u.

my friend actually tell me if below 35 yrs old at time of delivery, just do oscar test is gd enough...

Sane, hw old r u? Okay to reveal?

But my hubby say since draw blood liao, tel me might as well do a 98% accurate test.. o_O

I admit i myself abit 'gan chiong' to know the gender, so i chose harmony..

I just did the Oscar test today and blood test for trisomy 13, 18 and 21.
The blood results will be out within 3 days :)

The last time my mil brought me to this place at waterloo to buy herbs. Apparently a lot of ppl go there to buy for confinement. The lady there will teach you what to do. When time gets nearer i will ask her what is the name of the shop. I think prices must have gone up from 3 years back. Cannot imagine how much cordyceps cost now. I still have a few strands in my freezer. Can bring out to use again.
for DOM if anyone goes travelling ask them to buy at duty free. Much cheaper.

my friend actually tell me if below 35 yrs old at time of delivery, just do oscar test is gd enough...

But my hubby say since draw blood liao, tel me might as well do a 98% accurate test.. o_O

Thanks for sharing that piece of info, about the age.
I am starting to freak out about which test I should choose.
I feel kind of ill-prepared on my pregnancy, in the sense I don't what to do first, what to read, even what to eat. Now I just eat whatever that don't makes me vomit.

If the Oscar returns bad results, last time used to be need to go through invasive tests to further confirm results, right. With harmony, can we go to Harmony (after a bad Oscars results) and skip the invasive tests?

Think last week, my MS suddenly gone too, I felt normal. And I was so upset and worried then when I started feeling abit nausea again, I thought is I upset until I subconsciously make myself nausea. Then 1-2 days later, it worsen until I vomited dinner (wholesale). Slowly, I feel my MS abit under control but morning to noon, it is the worse. Try to relax and don't think, just hope for everything to be fine. It is hard not to think de... but do try to distract yourself. Maybe it will come back with a revenge.
I also had one day where i felt normal but as what Piggling says it came back and worse. So i guess it fluctuates. But i do feel the cramps getting frequent which i believe is due to expansion.

I feel kind of ill-prepared on my pregnancy, in the sense I don't what to do first, what to read, even what to eat. Now I just eat whatever that don't makes me vomit.

If the Oscar returns bad results, last time used to be need to go through invasive tests to further confirm results, right. With harmony, can we go to Harmony (after a bad Oscars results) and skip the invasive tests?
My colleague was telling me she failed both her oscars. The first one she din bother to investigate further but for second one she did amnio. Both her boys turn out fine. I think i will go to harmony if fail.

Funny Lah u..."career"

Some of my colleagues take it more seriously than their career, carry the pump to work, pump a few times during the day and store it in freezer :D

Last time i went to buy loose herbs for confinement lady to cook. She didnt use at all. Wasted my money. Heart pain. Thanks for sharing on the prepack herbs. Didnt know abt this. Will go n check it out. Thanks.

I went to "bulk purchase" at the wholesale shop above Bugis Hawker.

There are several herbal wholesale shops there in Fu Lu Shou complex too, always crowded.

I brought dried longan, red dates, tangshen and red dates in bulk there.

Maybe if have the extra cash, just opt for harmony test??

Dr quote me 1300 for the test.. Forget to ask hw much the oscar test is thou..

Yes.. This is what i read also..

If oscar result is unfavovrable, can do 98% accurate harmony test instead of the amnio test which has risk of 0.5% miscarriage...

Waaaaaa ... buay tahan .... my friend's mil cooked very fantastic trotters. She invited us for lunch and we could drink the vinegar as soup. It's so tasty ........ I want to ask my mum to make it for me now :D
Mai tempt me!!!!!!!!!!! Haha

Haha..my CL uses it..but we add-on
Ohhh...I miss her caramelised roast pork...Siao!

I am 34 this year :D, ok to reveal. During the Oscar scan, they scan the baby head diameter, heart, cord, veins, arms, thighs, belly, feet, thighs and
the doc on duty will reveal the risk to u.
Mine is 1:800 for trisomy 13, 1: 4000 for trisomy 18 and 21 I can't rem but is a 4 digit figure.
Blood test will be known 3 days later via sms :)
Total bill for today is 498.62.

Dear ladies,

Dr drew some of my blood for ammonia & hepatitis test..

I ask him what if i have hepatitis A cos i love eating shellfish like clams & oysters & crabs

Dr say when baby is born, just inject the vaccine into him or her... :(

Is that so simple?

Anyone has knowledge on this??

Dear ladies,

I ask him what if i have hepatitis A cos i love eating shellfish like clams & oysters & crabs

Is that so simple?

I don't have vaccines against Hep A and B too and I told my gynae, she is not worried. So I think maybe the situation is really controllable. :)

My colleague was telling me she failed both her oscars. The first one she din bother to investigate further but for second one she did amnio. Both her boys turn out fine. I think i will go to harmony if fail.

Yes.. This is what i read also..

If oscar result is unfavovrable, can do 98% accurate harmony test instead of the amnio test which has risk of 0.5% miscarriage...

Thanks for the update, ladies.
My gynae quote me roughly $300 for Oscars and $1,000 for Harmony.
If can proceed with Harmony after receiving bad results from Oscars then maybe I will go with Oscars first.

Dear ladies,

Is that so simple?

Fairytale..after confinement,let's have a shell food feast!!!!

Actually they say still can eat now but make sure is cooked thoroughly..

I still eat chilli crab & lala at those zi char stall..

Mussell i also eat, but is those cooked in white wine one..

I love to eat those XI HUM parboiled with hot water, then go wif chilli one..
This one i stop eating liao..

Fairytale..after confinement,let's have a shell food feast!!!!

wha, so many meetings liao. I'm only seeing gynae for the first time next week, which should be my 8th week.
Coz I have history of miscarriage.saw him a day post Missing Af for hcg, next day to do scan.3rd appt check heartbeat n today coz of my a&e episode of dehydration, my appt of 24th brought forward.

Mussell i also eat, but is those cooked in white wine one..

I love to eat those XI HUM parboiled with hot water, then go wif chilli one..
This one i stop eating liao..
Guess other than uncooked,afraid not clean & laogai or vomit.
Hmmm..I used to love crab but after ist preg, ok do without.this preg, I see Le no appetite eat. Haag but relative always say I ate during ist preg hence my son always pinch me playfully

Guess other than uncooked,afraid not clean & laogai or vomit.
Hmmm..I used to love crab but after ist preg, ok do without.this preg, I see Le no appetite eat. Haag but relative always say I ate during ist preg hence my son always pinch me playfully

So many seafood lovers! I luv seafood too!

Feel like going to melben for their tang hoon crab .... yum yum ....

Ya.. Anyway i hv no craving for anything of this shellfish at the moment.

My craving for past 2 weeks were wonton/fishball noodle & chicken rice.

I am 34 this year :D, ok to reveal. During the Oscar scan, they scan the baby head diameter, heart, cord, veins, arms, thighs, belly, feet, thighs and
Mine is 1:800 for trisomy 13, 1: 4000 for trisomy 18 and 21 I can't rem but is a 4 digit figure.

Sane, do u know what do they test for blood? So now i know we will know e result immediately... Dr also said Oscar is enuf so i signed up for that... *worry/concern*

Last edited:
恭喜夫人,贺喜夫人 :D

Me due date is 3aug..

My hubby asked doc 'can 9aug anot?'

Dr say no lah.. Too many days liao, usually is early, not late.

Sane, do u know what do they test for blood? So now i know we will know e result immediately... Dr also said Oscar is enuf so i signed up for that... *worry/concern*
I attached the bill as reference for mummies
going for Oscar :D
The blood results will be known in 3 day's time via sms while for Oscar, the sonographer will check the bb's heart, lung, head diameter, spine, legs, hands for you. The ratio of the scan will be read to u via a doctor on duty on the same day too.
Hope it helps :)

204844264cb982ecadd5fd42c7a47f1f1a02ceaf.jpg

Congrats on your results! Very good. Envy :)

恭喜夫人,贺喜夫人 :D

Me due date is 3aug..

My hubby asked doc 'can 9aug anot?'

Dr say no lah.. Too many days liao, usually is early, not late.
My gynae said ask PM Lee to waive fees for all babies born on National Day and the nurses all laugh cos means he himself no fees to collect haha

Congrats on your results! Very good. Envy :)
My gynae said ask PM Lee to waive fees for all babies born on National Day and the nurses all laugh cos means he himself no fees to collect haha
I am seafood lover too!

Same same cause the mummies here will have safe and healthy pregnancies ;)
That's Dr Han, always 無厘頭 。。。 :D other than sushi feast, we will have to arrange for another seafood feast.
Just now browse spring maternity website, found that they have very affordable maternity shorts and top. Can go in see see :)

Back