(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

True true. Only maternity clothes can fit in the last tri unless happen to be my cousin type. She gained only 8kg in total. Ordered these two dresses below.
image1l.jpg

image1l.jpg
2nd piece looks great! How much btw? I always tot ASOS abit more expensive de

I'm down with fever, cough and runny nose since Sat nite (1 after another). Felt really sick to be down. :-( Understand need to drink lotsa warm/hot water but water taste really awful. Now trying to add lemon slices to the water I drink. Managed to drink more but the aftertaste in the mouth still make me wanna puke. :-(
Hey I'm down with flu too. GP gave me chlorpheniramine 4mg. Prescribed dosage is 3 times a day but I'm only taking at night because it casuses drowsiness. Been having runny nose for a month now. Can't wait to get better and worried about the impact on the baby!
Hang in there babe!

My gal is delivered by Dr Jocelyn Wong, she is a very good female gynae. I heard Caroline is equally good too.
As for facilities wise, I am more comfortable with kk.
Just like when the sac couldn't be detected during my first scan, they arranged me with the sonagrapher for detailed scan even on a weekend evening and I am comfortable with my current gynae too. :)
Hi sane, can i check who's your gynae at KKH? I just confirmed an apptmt with Prof John Tee for next week and won't it be cool if we have the same gyna! :)

For ladies suffering from morning sickness, I find that having some food in my stomach all the time really helps.
For example, I'll be eating a slice of bread before I leave the house, have a light breakfast at the office, throw in a before-lunch fruit snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack (bread and peanut butter / bread bun / fruits) and perhaps something (nuts) before I leave the office.
I know it's not possible for some of you with severe nausea to down anything, so eating anything (even burgers) will be better than eating nothing! Whatever works at this point. I read somewhere that we can also get more nutrients in the second trimester.
JIA YOU!

Hey I'm down with flu too. GP gave me chlorpheniramine 4mg. Prescribed dosage is 3 times a day but I'm only taking at night because it casuses drowsiness. Been having runny nose for a month now. Can't wait to get better and worried about the impact on the baby!
Hang in there babe!
I took this med before. It is one of the med that can be used during preg. Should be alright. Get well soon!

2nd piece looks great! How much btw? I always tot ASOS abit more expensive de
The second piece is reasonable. $29.11. I think cos it is not a maternity piece. The first one is a maternity piece so more ex. Total bill is about $72. Keeping my fingers crossed it will fit. Haha.

anybody planning for any maternity shot when at 3rd tri?
I probably will do a family shoot instead. Every year i get a free photo shoot from prudential. So will make use of it. I did a 3 month shoot for my first one thru a friend but such a disaster cos he was so grumpy. The second shoot was at 9 months using prudential free shoot and again so grumpy. We did an extended family shoot at 14 months at kids pictures for my dad's 60th bday. They are very very experienced. The result was great but the price not cheap so unless special occasion i doubt we will go back. Last year we did another one at 21 months using prudential free shoot.

I take pics yearly. Love taking pics!
How short are u? I also very short.

Hehe.. I not even 1.5M.
Hello elocinker, fellow petite lady!
How about you, slchua?
Haha.. I scare i will look like dumpling in 3rd trimester.

I also very short! I confess I'm only 1.5M. In my first pregnancy, my gynae even told me if my baby is big, it's difficult to go for natural delivery bcoz of my size. Thankfully she was really small & manageable. And I'm 肉肉too! Hate it when I put on 19kgs for my first pregnancy & I totally look like a walking penguin by the 3rd trimester.

Oh no... I hope I can go for natural if possible. Heard that healing is faster. But then I m prepared to go c-section. Most important is baby safe.

Hehe.. I not even 1.5M.
Hello elocinker, fellow petite lady!
How about you, slchua?
Haha.. I scare i will look like dumpling in 3rd trimester.
I am about 1.55m. Was thinking I can pass u my clothes next time when I am done. If my hubby and I are younger I dun mind no. 3 but well.....

Not sure if I am eating well but ever since I decided to just go with my heart and eat whatever I can stomach, I feel better emotionally. :)
My dad also tell me that if gynae never prescribe supplements yet, maybe it is okie. He said, cant be the gynae doesn't want to earn your money, right? :oops:
Yah... I agree, and I think people always said maternity wear may make one look bigger than they are. And the price tab is driving me away. hehe.

Me too, I prefer normal clothes that can rewear then not so wasted. I think I will go hunt awhile in Qoo10, sometimes got good bargains. hehe.
Gynae's supplement usually start from trim 2 de

I am about 1.55m. Was thinking I can pass u my clothes next time when I am done. If my hubby and I are younger I dun mind no. 3 but well.....

Oh.. Thanks for your nice thoughts. :)
Hehe.. If want no.3, go for it! Sometimes I also think I wan to have 3 but age is catching up. Tried abit too long for no1, i am turning 30 this year.

Went for sushi & sashimi today. Blah before & after.totally can't keep food down.there goes my $35.

Ohhhh... :( but has your MS improved abit?
Dont worry about the money, just try to eat whatever you can stomach.

Gynae's supplement usually start from trim 2 de

Ohhhh.. Ic. Then I don't need to get too bothered by it yet.
By the way, do we count 12 weeks as safely into 2nd trimester or 14 weeks. I always thought is 14 so just wondering.

Just wondering, would u send ur child to full day childcare, half day childcare or no childcare if u are sahm?

Hi sane, can i check who's your gynae at KKH? I just confirmed an apptmt with Prof John Tee for next week and won't it be cool if we have the same gyna! :)

I heard raves about prof John Tee, u will be in good hands. I m seeing Dr Han How Chuan now.

Now is the rainy windy season, wear more clothings and I only wear long sleeve now.
Just brought a grey sweater from H&M, i am prone to flu too. Take more fruits and drink more water. Speedy recovery.

Girls, you all can try Old Navy from USA too.. their maternity wear are very affordable :)

Thanks. I am looking for maternity bottoms. All shorts getting tight :(

By the way, do we count 12 weeks as safely into 2nd trimester or 14 weeks. I always thought is 14 so just wondering.

According to my gynae is 12 weeks, will be considered as 2nd trimester.

Just wondering, would u send ur child to full day childcare, half day childcare or no childcare if u are sahm?

If there is reliable caregiver like my mum, I will send the child to kindergarten just like my gal.

For ladies suffering from morning sickness, I find that having some food in my stomach all the time really helps.
For example, I'll be eating a slice of bread before I leave the house, have a light breakfast at the office, throw in a before-lunch fruit snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack (bread and peanut butter / bread bun / fruits) and perhaps something (nuts) before I leave the office.
I know it's not possible for some of you with severe nausea to down anything, so eating anything (even burgers) will be better than eating nothing! Whatever works at this point. I read somewhere that we can also get more nutrients in the second trimester.
JIA YOU!
how I wish I can eat freely at work.we are not allowed :( so usually hungry Le go canteen fast grab but usually blah out.

Much as I hate..I am taking the anti nausea med.feels nauseous still almost all day but at least from 10+ x I cut down to about half...
Hiaz..today my boss talk to me abt contingency plan that might need to make other arrangements for me :( just hv to take it positively it might reduce my work stress.see wat he propose lah

Oh no... I hope I can go for natural if possible. Heard that healing is faster. But then I m prepared to go c-section. Most important is baby safe.
If the baby is not too big, u can definitely go for natural. Ur gynae might be able to advise when it's closer to due date. For petite mums like us, usually the belly will look like we have twins bcoz we are not tall. And beware of backaches, will hit sooner than others.

Depends on how old is the older child. If they start childcare first, usually u won't switch to kindergarten bcoz they are used to being at school the whole day. There are school hols when in kindergarten so there must be resources at hm during those period.

Much as I hate..I am taking the anti nausea med.feels nauseous still almost all day but at least from 10+ x I cut down to about half...
Hiaz..today my boss talk to me abt contingency plan that might need to make other arrangements for me :( just hv to take it positively it might reduce my work stress.see wat he propose lah

Your ms is the really serious type. Why not just take leave and tide over these period first?
After all there's still 4 months maternity leave might as well utilise co leave first.
Most ended the horrible ms in the 14, 15 weeks.
Mine got better in the 12 weeks now it only attack at night and when it comes, i hurry go Zzzzz :)

Hi mummies, i just found out im preggy a few days ago and went to c my regular gyn yesterday who confirm heartbeat n edd in Aug . Is pretty stressed as this is my no. 3 and unplanned for it. I have two kids , 2012 and 2013 so u see is going to b do re mi... was hesitating to give up the bb but have no courage as is a life. But keeping the bb gonna b a bit challenge be it financially or ability to cope w 3 young kids. Is a dilenma. Now is only kept between my hubby n me . Yet to told my family member.

Hi mummies, i just found out im preggy a few days ago and went to c my regular gyn yesterday who confirm heartbeat n edd in Aug . Is pretty stressed as this is my no. 3 and unplanned for it. I have two kids , 2012 and 2013 so u see is going to b do re mi... was hesitating to give up the bb but have no courage as is a life. But keeping the bb gonna b a bit challenge be it financially or ability to cope w 3 young kids. Is a dilenma. Now is only kept between my hubby n me . Yet to told my family member.

Hihi. ... at least ur bb has close age with the siblings. They will have accompany and grow up together.
This is what my gal being derived from her early childhood and I have long given all the baby stuff away. :(
Moreover the stuff can be hand down from the older kids, save alot .....
It will be a fun big family and a joy. I always envy families with 3 kids.

But having 3 kids mean our family have to live a modest life. I just give away quite a few item to my sis in law who jst give birth. Haiz. And punggol hse so tiny.. dunno how to arrange as i got in law n a helper living tog.

If the baby is not too big, u can definitely go for natural. Ur gynae might be able to advise when it's closer to due date. For petite mums like us, usually the belly will look like we have twins bcoz we are not tall. And beware of backaches, will hit sooner than others.

My 1st bb wasnt big size but coz he too comfy inside, inserted 2 pills to induce also no use, then up c sec. Surprisingly the wound also heal quite fast n not much pain. Maybe gynae skill v good.

Now i hope can try natural if possible. But must have epi. Else i sure cry.

It is fated for number 3 to be part of your family. Dun give up on him / her.
Stay positive, and believe that u can.

But having 3 kids mean our family have to live a modest life. I just give away quite a few item to my sis in law who jst give birth. Haiz. And punggol hse so tiny.. dunno how to arrange as i got in law n a helper living tog.
Maybe ur sil can return the favour after u give birth, my buddies also pass the items among each other.
Space will never be enough when there are kids, maybe can switch to a bigger place when the kids grow bigger and with in laws and a helper, they can focus on the older kids while u look after the bb.
Actually I share the same dilemma as you too because my pregnancy is also unplanned but I can't make myself to abort and it never ever cross my thought. Moreover my gal is already in P3 so u can imagine my horror to "restart" again.

If the med makes you better, just go ahead. Did you try the seaband, lemon water?
Take care, now baby is more important, let career take a backstep. Hugs.

Yah, hopefully I can go for natural. Fingers crossed. :)
I do feel backaches sometimes too.. I wonder if there is anything to do with our posture, like how we carry the extra weight.
Maybe I should go source for some prenatal yoga classes.

It is fated for number 3 to be part of your family. Dun give up on him / her.
Stay positive, and believe that u can.
I agree. Don't give up! I read somewhere that the effort from two to three kids is not as great as from one to two kids. If the family can manage two, three should be no problem plus yours so close in age gap. I really envy you. This is my 4th preg but 2nd kid so you are really blessed from my perspective. Share with you my friend's case. No helper and no elders to help out. 3 kids and stay in sengkang. They live a modest life and last year she took her first holiday in 10 years. Her oldest is now 10. Second is 8 and third is 6. It is definitely a challenge but also a joy. Hope all turns out well for you.

Hi Xuan_mom, it is indeed quite challenging for you to care for 3 kids who have close age gap.
However, it is a blessing to have a child. Do consider carefully on your decision.
What did your husband say? Is he supportive?

Hugs to you, sincerely hope you will keep your baby. It is really a blessing to the family.
I came from the 2WW-ttcing thread and there are many ladies who tried very long and went through a lot but still cant get any.
Kids need love from family and they being close in age, will bond well together, they won't mind the small space but will grow up well together.
Just to share, I have a friend staying in punggol 3 room flat and she has 3 kids with helper and now her mum stays in too to help with the kids. Her's are also do re mi. But they are very happy.
I agree with sane that I envy families with 3 kids too.. I don't know if I can ever have 3 since I took quite long to get this no. 1 but jia you, ok?

I agree. Don't give up! I read somewhere that the effort from two to three kids is not as great as from one to two kids. If the family can manage two, three should be no problem plus yours so close in age gap. I really envy you. This is my 4th preg but 2nd kid so you are really blessed from my perspective. Share with you my friend's case. No helper and no elders to help out. 3 kids and stay in sengkang. They live a modest life and last year she took her first holiday in 10 years. Her oldest is now 10. Second is 8 and third is 6. It is definitely a challenge but also a joy. Hope all turns out well for you.

Feel so touched to read this story...
Understand how you feel... And I am sure your friend is happy... I feel v happy for her too. *touched*

Feel so touched to read this story...
Understand how you feel... And I am sure your friend is happy... I feel v happy for her too. *touched*
Yah i look upon her as role model. Gave up
working for a few years so they rely on single income. She has gone back to part time work now.

Yah i look upon her as role model. Gave up
working for a few years so they rely on single income. She has gone back to part time work now.

Really very admirable... sometimes modest lifestyle can be very rewarding too especially when one has the love and support of the family.

I have an ex colleague who also had 3 kids. When her no. 1 is 4, she had her no.2 and subsequent year no. 3. After she had her no. 3, her husband had no job, for quite awhile (like got 1-2 yrs then subsequently do part time here and there) and they just relied on her single income. Now her eldest is already 10 years old and almost as tall as her le... They also managed to pulled through le.

Actually me too... 4th pregnancy but 2nd one. The joy of seeing your baby upon birth is so indescribable and I find that living a modest lifestyle is actually good.
I believe in fully utilise and recycling a item rather than to waste it and I am such a hoarder, always buying things that I don't need and taking up space in the house.
Trying to change such bad habit.

Yah, hopefully I can go for natural. Fingers crossed. :)
I do feel backaches sometimes too.. I wonder if there is anything to do with our posture, like how we carry the extra weight.
Maybe I should go source for some prenatal yoga classes.

I wonder how prenatal yoga is like? More like easy pose and breathing??
I can't imagine we do the plank and postures that require strength and core muscles :)

Thanks mummies for your encouragement.

Rurukumi, when we first found out positive from the test strips after i suspect preggy as im been losing appetit n super sleepy, my hubby make an assessment and he think prob letting go is better. Then i broke down w tears as i wanted to keep the baby. He said he just wanted to have a discussion and yet to make a decision. Then i avoid the topic the 2nd night. Then the 3rd morning my hubby told me we shd keep the bb after some thots as : LIFE COMES WITH REASONS AND DESTINY TO BE CREATED.

But i becm worried and have actually thot to give up is a better option. Unexpectedly my hubby is firm abt keeping the bb even after i repeatly ask if he is sure. Im not sure if he did that becoz of me. But he told me he cant bear to take the bb away.

I wonder how prenatal yoga is like? More like easy pose and breathing??
I can't imagine we do the plank and postures that require strength and core muscles :)
I was thinking of taking prenatal yoga classes too! I've always been active but this pregnancy has proved to be challenging! Can't imagine not exercising for 9 months. can try low-impact aerobics (no jumping involved) and brisk walking once we all feel better. For some of us, we may have more energy during T2 to try those activities :)

Dear all, i am letting go my Obimin vitamins..If u are intr, pls view link below, thks!

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/bn-new-obimin-film-tablet.144722/#post-7721117

Also, just to share its good to continue light exercises during pregnancy - the delivery process will be faster! However, i recommend all to consult ur gynae and let him know specifically what exercises u are doing. My gynae had mentioned not everyone is suitable for exercises actually.

Last edited:

Back