(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Same same cause the mummies here will have safe and healthy pregnancies ;)
That's Dr Han, always 無厘頭 。。。 :D other than sushi feast, we will have to arrange for another seafood feast.
Just now browse spring maternity website, found that they have very affordable maternity shorts and top. Can go in see see :)
I have one spring bottom and two spring tops. Can last till 3rd tri. Value for money.

My sil in labour now. Shd be ok for me to visit her when baby is born? I was very pantang the last round so i avoided all bb showers etc. But this one is my own brother so i have very mixed feelings.

I also like seafood, eg crab. But when I was trying, already cut down alot. My husband will nag cruel la, dirty etc until I also worried and I also scare cooling. So i try to avoid eating during pregnancy unless cant tahan, but now no cravings.

But i guess eat in moderation should be okie!

My sil in labour now. Shd be ok for me to visit her when baby is born? I was very pantang the last round so i avoided all bb showers etc. But this one is my own brother so i have very mixed feelings.

Understand how you feel. I think maybe can visit but dont touch baby? My colleague v pantang till she wont go the new mother's bedroom even though she is not pregnant. I don't know what is the rationale but just be more careful if worried.

I also quite pantang, don't dare attend weddings. Think only close families then okie to go. So far I only went to a friend's baby's 1 year birthday and that was because promised before I know about my situation. I think I will try to minimise such activities, just in case. Sorry if i sound pantang n ignorant because tried for awhile for this baby so extra scare.

Hmmm.. my sis also just gave birth and im not gg to hospital and she is v understanding :) i will attend family ocassion. Just avoid eating the cakes n red eggs.

Thanks for all the advice. Maybe i will visit at home instead of going to the hospital. And avoid eating the cake and red eggs. I attended one full month but also before I knew I am pregnant. Since its my own brother I believe he will understand since it has been a hard journey for me. I also don't want later something happen and I cannot answer to my in laws.

Think last week, my MS suddenly gone too, I felt normal. And I was so upset and worried then when I started feeling abit nausea again, I thought is I upset until I subconsciously make myself nausea. Then 1-2 days later, it worsen until I vomited dinner (wholesale). Slowly, I feel my MS abit under control but morning to noon, it is the worse. Try to relax and don't think, just hope for everything to be fine. It is hard not to think de... but do try to distract yourself. Maybe it will come back with a revenge.
Don't worry, no symptoms doesn't mean something's wrong. I have no symptoms at all & my gynae said not all the mummies get symptoms. Take it as a break for urself & prepare for the long journey ahead :)

Just came back from dr john yam clinic..

In my 10weeks now. Hoping 2 more weeks to arrive SOON & hope MS will slowly disappear.. :rolleyes:

We discussed abt the oscar test, amnio test & harmony test..

I opt for the harmoney test & will be doing it on 20jan morning. My hubby was asking 'afternoon can' .. Dr explain cos the sample blood has to be sent to usa lab & the courier will usually pick up in the noon time. :p

& also, Dr drew abit of my blood today to test for hepatitis & ammnonia thingy...
I also saw him today & he joked about how his kidney stones brought him closer to child birth pain. Also discussed about Oscar & harmony tests. Most likely will go for Oscar & harmony will be a back up plan. When's ur next visit?

Hello..

He told me by next friday 16jan blood test result for the hepatitis & ammonia will be out & nurse will call me. Forget to check if i need to go down to see doc anot but anyway i wont be in singapore next week.

As for the harmony test, i doing on 20jan morning... So 20jan will be the next appt.

Duno dr yam will do ultrasound for me that day anot. But anyway i will request he scan me again.. :D

I was discussing wif my hubby should we just do oscar cos 1/3 of the cost, & since i am 33 this yr, not that 'old' .. But he say since more accurate just do harmony & i admit i myself eager to know gender..

I also saw him today & he joked about how his kidney stones brought him closer to child birth pain. Also discussed about Oscar & harmony tests. Most likely will go for Oscar & harmony will be a back up plan. When's ur next visit?

Some of my colleagues take it more seriously than their career, carry the pump to work, pump a few times during the day and store it in freezer :D

I went to "bulk purchase" at the wholesale shop above Bugis Hawker.

There are several herbal wholesale shops there in Fu Lu Shou complex too, always crowded.

I brought dried longan, red dates, tangshen and red dates in bulk there.
My hubby told me his fren went msia to buy from those shops that sells these herbal stuff. They said much cheaper than singapore. But dunno where got trustworthy seller.

Ya.. Anyway i hv no craving for anything of this shellfish at the moment.

My craving for past 2 weeks were wonton/fishball noodle & chicken rice.
Me too! Have been eating chicken rice few times a week. But i wonder chicken hang there so many hrs dunno will have bacteria or not. But i still eat la.

My gynae said ask PM Lee to waive fees for all babies born on National Day and the nurses all laugh cos means he himself no fees to collect haha
My edd is 11 aug. My hubby fren ask me to induce early n go for 9 aug bb. Make sg 50 more unique.. i guess many ppl will also choose this date to induce or c sec.. i prefer let nature take its course.

Hmmm.. my sis also just gave birth and im not gg to hospital and she is v understanding :) i will attend family ocassion. Just avoid eating the cakes n red eggs.
Any idea why?
Last time when i preg i did attend bb shower before.
this time my hubby's bro's wife gg to have bb in june..so cannot visit n also cannot attend bb shower?

My gd friend of 10 yrs is giving birth end of jan..

Because i am only in my 10th weeks, i have not inform her of my pregnancy.

So when she give birth, i am still not sure if i want to go hospital visit her.. I mean she has been updating me on her pregnancy since she was pregnant, like showing me video of the bb moving in her tummy, let me hear the heartbeat etc.. i feel abit :oops: If i no go visit her at hospital..

Hello..

He told me by next friday 16jan blood test result for the hepatitis & ammonia will be out & nurse will call me. Forget to check if i need to go down to see doc anot but anyway i wont be in singapore next week.

As for the harmony test, i doing on 20jan morning... So 20jan will be the next appt.

Duno dr yam will do ultrasound for me that day anot. But anyway i will request he scan me again.. :D

I was discussing wif my hubby should we just do oscar cos 1/3 of the cost, & since i am 33 this yr, not that 'old' .. But he say since more accurate just do harmony & i admit i myself eager to know gender..
Think harmony test is getting popular due to accuracy & gender disclosure. Update me once u done k? I have time to decide until early feb. Would like to know the final cost too if possible, Xie Xie in advance!

My edd is on 25 aug, my gynae says I stand a chance to deliver a national day baby since I popped at 38 weeks during my first pregnancy. My edd last time was 24 Apr & I delivered on 9 Apr. Dr says perhaps might 历史重演! Lol

Ok. Will update here after test is done & also after receiving the results..

I hope when i update, it will be with a lighted hearted mood.. :p

U remind me of my breastfeeding journey. It was a failure. I promise myself to do more research on breastfeeding n also get a better pump for the 2nd one.

Me too! My supply is extreme low or no supply at all for my first. My bm is just a supplement for him. I am determine to do better this time round n seek for all helps! Lets j8a you together!

milk engorgement must be one big nightmare during confinement. Hopefully this time, most of us can pull through with it.
I also hope can breastfeed, can save money and bond with baby.

Another n8ght mare is no engorement cos no supply. bm arent cheap cos you will take lots of lactation supplement and lactation tea etc. More ex than fm. Which my hub keep niam me during my first cos he see i stress over low supply.

Good morning mummies. ... I knock off at 830 pm last night, too tired.........

I have one spring bottom and two spring tops. Can last till 3rd tri. Value for money.

Okok tks, I should go try in their shops, they used to have one at amk hub but closed down already. For pants cannot try, I don't dare to buy.

Thanks for all the advice. Maybe i will visit at home instead of going to the hospital. And avoid eating the cake and red eggs. I attended one full month but also before I knew I am pregnant. Since its my own brother I believe he will understand since it has been a hard journey for me. I also don't want later something happen and I cannot answer to my in laws.

I think the most impt is to go in your own comfort. Not comfort, better don't do it.

Any idea why?
Last time when i preg i did attend bb shower before.
this time my hubby's bro's wife gg to have bb in june..so cannot visit n also cannot attend bb shower?

According to the elders, we can go but avoid the room. Maybe the theory is just like wedding to avoid "冲" each other.
I attended full month and wedding as well but I strictly avoid funerals.
My take is don't do it if you don't feel comfy.

Ok. Will update here after test is done & also after receiving the results..

I hope when i update, it will be with a lighted hearted mood.. :p

Haha okok ... :D:) I like the part of knowing the gender, feel so disappointed that I can't know it yesterday and I cant wait for the detailed scan :confused:

Me too! My supply is extreme low or no supply at all for my first. My bm is just a supplement for him. I am determine to do better this time round n seek for all helps! Lets j8a you together!

Take more fish will do. I felt bad too after I started work and milk diminished. However don't take it upon too hard because formula fed babies grow up well too and I started my gal on solid at around 4months too.;)

Yes! Jia you! Nearer to delivery must ask wat pump is the best. Heavy investment this time. Haha! Also i heard some mummies start to take supplement for milk supply before giving birth. Must try.

Good morning mummies. ... I knock off at 830 pm last night, too tired.........

Okok tks, I should go try in their shops, they used to have one at amk hub but closed down already. For pants cannot try, I don't dare to buy.

I think the most impt is to go in your own comfort. Not comfort, better don't do it.

According to the elders, we can go but avoid the room. Maybe the theory is just like wedding to avoid "冲" each other.
I attended full month and wedding as well but I strictly avoid funerals.
My take is don't do it if you don't feel comfy.

I see. Tks for the clarification.

Haha okok ... :D:) I like the part of knowing the gender, feel so disappointed that I can't know it yesterday and I cant wait for the detailed scan :confused:

Take more fish will do. I felt bad too after I started work and milk diminished. However don't take it upon too hard because formula fed babies grow up well too and I started my gal on solid at around 4months too.;)

Last time i so stress n cried buckets coz of low supply. N seeing mummies showing their high supply made me even sadder instead of motivating me. But finally i told myself motherhood is not juz abt breastfeeding. So slowly i got over it. But i promise myself i have to try harder for 2nd child.

Last time i so stress n cried buckets coz of low supply. N seeing mummies showing their high supply made me even sadder instead of motivating me. But finally i told myself motherhood is not juz abt breastfeeding. So slowly i got over it. But i promise myself i have to try harder for 2nd child.

So early. :D, and feeling hungry. Shall I go for mac breakfast or mee hoon with kopi :rolleyes:
Actually I felt sort of relieved when I ended bf with the little flow and started my gal on Nan, quite happy that she's taking formula well too. Then later, greater satisfaction when she start on solid that I cook for her.
Haha true, I always believe that as long as we tried our best, there's nothing to regret.
Let's all jiayou this time!

Ah... i want mac too.. hmmm.. maybe I shld go out n get my breakfast... u all r so early lol...

I hv gynae appointment today... but they seems to forgot to send me reminder sms.. kinder worry they miss out my appointment.... so can't sleep well last night

So early. :D, and feeling hungry. Shall I go for mac breakfast or mee hoon with kopi :rolleyes:
Actually I felt sort of relieved when I ended bf with the little flow and started my gal on Nan, quite happy that she's taking formula well too. Then later, greater satisfaction when she start on solid that I cook for her.
Haha true, I always believe that as long as we tried our best, there's nothing to regret.
Yup. I also told myself a happy mom equates a happy baby so i din stress too long over my low milk supply. My boy also took NAN! And he is doing well! In fact he falls sick lesser and recovers faster than his cousins who are fully bf. So i think a lot of factors contribute to their constitution.

Girls, you all can try Old Navy from USA too.. their maternity wear are very affordable :)

agreed. i bought when i had #2. but i am short and fat so dress very long must alter. haha

this time round i wear what i had for #2 .. never spend money buy any yet but think i need to et shorts. all cannot button already

You totally understand right! *tears of joy*

The upcoming visit will be my 3rd visit but I am still very worried.
It is a 3 weeks wait from 2nd to 3rd appointment and I feel so uncertain not knowing what is going on inside.

thou its my #3.. i totally hate the wait too... its always a month to next visit.. i oso kinda worry :(

Aiyo, I also very scare I will be a failure in breastfeeding.. Hoping for the best.
Must really ask from your on advices on breastfeeding.. totally clueless.[/QUOT

@Piggling : usually for #2 baby onwards, bfing will be easier. no stress more impt
drink hot soup/ drink b4 latching
message breast b4 latching too

Another n8ght mare is no engorement cos no supply. bm arent cheap cos you will take lots of lactation supplement and lactation tea etc. More ex than fm. Which my hub keep niam me during my first cos he see i stress over low supply.

Aiyo... Getting worried... I hope i can try and really cannot then go for fm. Rather than too stressed and make baby stress too. Sigh. It is not easy being a mum. :)

So r u all now w8 or w10? I realised different doc will give different dates..
My gynae told me based on my lmp im wk 10 but if i based on ovulation date im wk8-9 so it depends how you cal. Usually doc based on LMP unless you dont rem then they cal based on baby measurement.

I juz had bee hoon. Nowadays must split many meals into small portion else i feel v bloated..
yeah! U r rite? Mum knows the best for the child.

agreed. i bought when i had #2. but i am short and fat so dress very long must alter. haha

this time round i wear what i had for #2 .. never spend money buy any yet but think i need to et shorts. all cannot button already
Tpy has an affordable shop for maternity.. Can try
I am adding my ASOS carts! For mummies wearing asos maternity..do u buy true size per current measurement of add a size more??

My gynae told me based on my lmp im wk 10 but if i based on ovulation date im wk8-9 so it depends how you cal. Usually doc based on LMP unless you dont rem then they cal based on baby measurement.

when i went for my 1st check. gynae say mine is true to based on LMP. same date as what i calculated

Back