(2014/08) August 2014

Pinkk11, where can we get red raspberry leaf tea from? Would like to try but would it induce premature labour ah?

I kinda envy you coz you still can eat lots of food to increase bb weight! I am on the contrary...my bb is already 2.8kg at week 34 and my gynae asked me to cut down on carbo and sugar if I want natural birth...this is killing me!!
Same my baby is also big and i have a hard time cutting down on the sugars haha

I'm at 33 weeks baby was 1.8kg which gynae said smaller but expected but as long bb is healthy . Anyone here going for elective c-section? Usually which weeks your gynae suggest for opt?

I'm at 33 weeks baby was 1.8kg which gynae said smaller but expected but as long bb is healthy . Anyone here going for elective c-section? Usually which weeks your gynae suggest for opt?

I'm opting for elective csect. gonna do it on 37W+ for personal reasons.

gynae recommend ard 38W coz scared labour may come early if schedule csect too late. she's worried abt preterm labour for me coz my job requires lots of walking & standing.

1st time hearing abt raspberry leaf tea. When should we start, where to get and any brand will do?

Will it be fine if we take both coconut n RRLT at last trimester?

Hi any mummy realises that medela bottle has different qualities? The 4 that come with my breastpump the plastic is clear in colour and it is pp7 but the other 3 I just bought today the plastic looks milky in colour and they are pp 2 and pp3...should I be concern?

i'm into my 35wk now... have started taking 1 coconut each week since 32wk...
these 2 days have been taking a few durians coz bb only 2.1kg @ 34wk..
i took red raspberry leaf tea for my first pregnancy.. in labour for about 2 hours only.. i personally think drinking RRLT helps..
for my pregnancy this time i took RRLT twice a week when 2nd tri started.. but stopped for the past month coz i ran out of tea bags..
will be starting to drink again next week after i get my tea bags.. :)
Hihi just wonder where did u buy the raspberrt leaf tea?

Hi mummies, Im intending to get a electric dual breast pump. Contemplating between Avent and Medela. Any recommendations?

I thk now very popular brand is spectra... U girls can check it out if u all haven buy...

I just got mine from aus.. It's a Korean brand.. I bought from aus spectra website 2 years warranty.. Malaysia also have 1 year warranty..

Heard it's more quieter then Medela and also a lot cheaper if u consider to buy FS...

My fren bought for me the raspberry leaf tea - from either guardian or watsons.
U ladies can go check it out.

But I heard don't drink too early on during pregnancy, so I will start drinking from 37W onwards, maybe twice a week?
Then coconut water once a week, but on different days..

Actually I dun really understand the benefit of coconut. I mean.. even if baby is born with a lot of whitish thing... Ultimately the baby will still be cleaned up right?

Actually I dun really understand the benefit of coconut. I mean.. even if baby is born with a lot of whitish thing... Ultimately the baby will still be cleaned up right?

Actually, the lecture from my pre-natal class says the whitish thing is actually to protect the baby from any germs etc when he is born and it act like a lubricant to make him easier to come out. So I also dun quite understand the benefits of coconut either. Tats why I ask the mummies here but only one replied...

'Vernix is theorized to serve several purposes, including moisturizing the infant's skin, and facilitating passage through the birth canal. It serves to conserve heat and protect the delicate newborn skin from environmental stress. Vernix is also thought to have an antibacterial effect;[4] though there is little evidence to support a chemical role of vernix in protecting the infant from infection, it may form a physical barrier to the passage of bacteria.[1]"

So conclusion like my lecture from the pre-natal class say, this vernix is actually good for the baby then why are we drinking coconut water to reduce it?

I thk now very popular brand is spectra... U girls can check it out if u all haven buy...

I just got mine from aus.. It's a Korean brand.. I bought from aus spectra website 2 years warranty.. Malaysia also have 1 year warranty..

Heard it's more quieter then Medela and also a lot cheaper if u consider to buy FS...

Hi pooopi, which model did you get? You mentioned there's 2 years warranty so it's international warranty?

I asked my gynae abt the coconut & raspberry tea last time when I had #1. can't remember what she said, but something to the effect that's it's juz old wives tale & best not to anyhow take since no proven medical benefits.

Coconut has alot of benefits. The water and flesh. If tri 1, we do not have appetite, can eat skin & drink coconut water. Ang mo do that.
In sg we only drink coconut water in the last mth of preg. It really cools the body down when we are v hot. I think up to individual to believe bb cm out clean or bloody ba. I will drink cos I feel it cools my body and make me more comfy in my last mth.

Hi, all mummies. I'm 36 weeks now and my baby boy weight already 3kg. .. my edd on 1st Aug. Now is on food control , cos I'm go for nature birth. My doc advice if next 2 week bb grow till 3.5kg then will be induce on 38 weeks.

Just went for a checkup and found out baby is 2.3kgs I'm 33 weeks today. Bit worried that baby is soo big. Should I start controlling my diet? Would really like to have a normal delivery...

Actually the best way to control diet is really to cut carbo and sugar. And the best way to cut sugar is through the beverage we drink. Don't drink barley or ice lemon tea all that when u eat outside... u may think nothing of it but they are very high in sugar level. Milo also. And soya milk like jolly bean all that. Cut away fruit juice too. After I cut all these seemingly harmless beverage, my weight and baby weight is really controlled.

Prired, I think 2.3kg is still ok. I am 35 weeks and baby girl at 2.65kg and gynae says awesome. Lol. My gynae direction for me is natural. I am still thinking left 5 weeks liao.. do I wanna boost the weight or not. So I don't think ur baby is too big.

Hi, all mummies. I'm 36 weeks now and my baby boy weight already 3kg. .. my edd on 1st Aug. Now is on food control , cos I'm go for nature birth. My doc advice if next 2 week bb grow till 3.5kg then will be induce on 38 weeks.

My baby was 2.8kg at week 34! My EDD is 7th Aug. I am going for check up again next Friday...hope baby weight is under control coz I really want to have natural birth too!! Lets jiayou together! :D

Hi all mothers-to-be...
I had been a silent reader for a while, so hope i am not too late to join the forum. My EDD is 20th August, and is currently into my 33 weeks. My little boy is 1.89kg during my 32 weeks check-up, and it make me worry if he is a bit too small, since he is a boy. But, my gynae say his weight is still ok... Oh well...

Hi pooopi, which model did you get? You mentioned there's 2 years warranty so it's international warranty?

I got S1.. I was told that it was to establish milk supply.. So I get that first lo..

The warranty is in aus.. They say the respond very fast from aus and they will arrange.. Once bought also no need to register warranty cuz they auto de.. That's what I was told.. :)

Just want to check w you ladies here, did you notice some white stuff on your nipple... I tried to remove but nipple v sensitive. I din dare to remove it after my tummy hardens.
Another qn is anyone aware if we can eat during ctg? I need to be at clinic by 830am tomr.... I think I need to ta bao food to clinic.

Dear ladies who asked me to add you all, I can only add people in my friend list into the group.
As far as I know, this FB group is a secret group therefore even if you found the group in FB, you also cannot join unless u are being invited.

I would suggest you give me 2 email address if possible so I can try the other 1 if the first 1 u gave doesn't work.
J.lau: can gimme yr email addy so I add you on FB so u can add me? Paiseh ah!

'Vernix is theorized to serve several purposes, including moisturizing the infant's skin, and facilitating passage through the birth canal. It serves to conserve heat and protect the delicate newborn skin from environmental stress. Vernix is also thought to have an antibacterial effect;[4] though there is little evidence to support a chemical role of vernix in protecting the infant from infection, it may form a physical barrier to the passage of bacteria.[1]"

So conclusion like my lecture from the pre-natal class say, this vernix is actually good for the baby then why are we drinking coconut water to reduce it?

I think drinking coconut does not reduce vernix, it helps to reduce the chances of baby having skin problem since we have been eating all the heaty food during pregnancy. This idea come from the chinese thinking so no backup from western medical research...can read this for more details: http://baike.pcbaby.com.cn/qzbd/952083.html

Think they are giving free fumbee pads with purchase. I called bumwear to enquire on Thursday. Which is around the same price as agapebabies. They are giving a $20 rebate voucher with purchase above $220.

I just bought mine online from agapebabies today!

Don't need to travel so far if don't live near expo...

Think they are giving free fumbee pads with purchase. I called bumwear to enquire on Thursday. Which is around the same price as agapebabies. They are giving a $20 rebate voucher with purchase above $220.

I just bought mine online from agapebabies today!

Don't need to travel so far if don't live near expo...

Hi girl which model u got and at what price can share?

I oso not gg expo as too far for me, and don't want to be disappointed if just a mini pasar malam one again.

@Seaturtle - the manduca new style carrier. Retail price $249.90. Added on a fumbee bundle deal - total $271.40. Comes with a free storybook. Haha. They will also send a $20 rebate voucher which I intend to use to purchase a milestones card set from them! That's why decided to just get from them. The rebate promotion ends 07/07/14.

I saw the expo photos online. Seems like quite a crowd leh. But expo too far for me la. Transport + time not worth the few dollars in savings.

@Seaturtle - the manduca new style carrier. Retail price $249.90. Added on a fumbee bundle deal - total $271.40. Comes with a free storybook. Haha. They will also send a $20 rebate voucher which I intend to use to purchase a milestones card set from them! That's why decided to just get from them. The rebate promotion ends 07/07/14.

I saw the expo photos online. Seems like quite a crowd leh. But expo too far for me la. Transport + time not worth the few dollars in savings.

Thanks girl :) I go take a look. Are u getting any bb sarong sling too? A few frens recommending them to me as well.

Just want to check w you ladies here, did you notice some white stuff on your nipple... I tried to remove but nipple v sensitive. I din dare to remove it after my tummy hardens.
Another qn is anyone aware if we can eat during ctg? I need to be at clinic by 830am tomr.... I think I need to ta bao food to clinic.
I have it for quite some time already, isn't really white, more off white, only becomes white when I bathe. I'll just remove it..

Hi everyone. How's everyone doing? We are now in purple final leg. I should be popping in the next few weeks around week 37-38

Not good for me... :(
32wks now then diagnosed with high BP. Have to be on medication. Thankfully little boy is growing well at ard 1.9kg.

I got pupsik sling. .. my indon maid use it on top of her sarong. I think she prefer my sling.
Agree tt sling may give you bk ache esp if bb is heavy.

Not good for me... :(
32wks now then diagnosed with high BP. Have to be on medication. Thankfully little boy is growing well at ard 1.9kg.

Hi luvyz don't be disheartened. My gynae also noticed my bp gg up at 32 weeks. He said could be due to my blood sugar issue. I gg to see him Tom so may be placed on medication too.

Back