(2014/08) August 2014

I snack on these nuts at work too.

I have been reading alot and this is my snacking diet, so far I am feeling good!

Cut Apple
1/2 Avocado - yummy!!
Banana
*Carrot Juice (no ice)
*Watermelon Juice (no ice) > I had fresh juice today! Shall stop this after reading the below
Royal Mix nuts > as attached, even my colleagues love it! it contains so much healthy nuts and not oily, very good investment

*All juices should be consumed as a pasteurized product. If the juice is not pasteurized, e.g. if you buy it freshly pressed, that means it has not been heated enough to kill the bacteria in the juice. This could lead to a food bourne illness that may be harmful to baby or mom. - See more at: http://www.babymed.com/food-and-nut...t-juice-during-pregnancy#sthash.LW92jGAA.dpuf

Just went for my 1st scan with Doc yesterday. My little beanie is already 17mm. =)
It's so amazing to see the little form on the screen and the tiny but strong heart beat.
I was so excited and so glad my hubby managed to take time off from his work to be with me for our 1st meeting with beanie.

How
Just went for my 1st scan with Doc yesterday. My little beanie is already 17mm. =)
It's so amazing to see the little form on the screen and the tiny but strong heart beat.
I was so excited and so glad my hubby managed to take time off from his work to be with me for our 1st meeting with beanie.
congrats xixin. How many weeks are you at?

congrats xixin! How many weeks are you at?

Guess what, I just went for my scan today. BB is 17mm too. I'm 8 weeks as well.

Hello mummies,

Just went for first scan today as well! Heard and saw the bb's heartbeat..amazing. 8 weeks now and bb is at 1.57cm. :)

Congrats all! Seeing the little bean growing is such a magical feeling.

Did anyone get heartbeat measurement as well? I posted earlier that I could only see and hear, but gynae says was too little to pick up measurement at 7 weeks.

Did anyone get heartbeat measurement as well? I posted earlier that I could only see and hear, but gynae says was too little to pick up measurement at 7 weeks.

Hello waiwish,

I got the heartbeat measured today as well. The scan copies which we got from the gynae includes the length, edd and rate of heartbeat. Probably u will get to know at your next scan: )

Hello waiwish,

I got the heartbeat measured today as well. The scan copies which we got from the gynae includes the length, edd and rate of heartbeat. Probably u will get to know at your next scan: )
That's nice, gunner.

I sure hope so coz I'm concerned that measurement couldn't be picked up at 7 weeks. I know someone who got hers measured at 6 weeks. I hv to keep praying for God's mercy everyday. Looking forward to next visit!

My gynae managed to measure and listen heartbeat with a vaginal scan on week 7.. And on week 9, is able to measure with ultra sound scan :)

That's nice, gunner.

I sure hope so coz I'm concerned that measurement couldn't be picked up at 7 weeks. I know someone who got hers measured at 6 weeks. I hv to keep praying for God's mercy everyday. Looking forward to next visit!

Dont worry waiwish, since you have already seen and heard the heartbeat? Everything will be fine! keep us posted! :)

I am on my week 7 and after my visit to the gynae today I have not hear the heartbeat. I am very worried, my hCG reading is also low..

Just visited Gynae and saw little beany
Gd heartbeat. Can see his/her little hands and legs.. So cute. measured at 8cm. But edd change from 9aug to 12aug.
Gynae says next visit can see gender.
So excited...

Hello Mummies,

Just something to share with you all.
I just visited my Chinese Sinseh yesterday.
He give me a list of things that I should not eat at this point of my pregnancy. And in particular, he emphasize a lot on a Chinese herb called Dang Gui, as it will affect the hormones and is not suitable for pregnant women.
He also cautioned me that some of the food sold outside do contain Dang Gui and thus avoid eating them such as Bak Kut Teh, the dark color soup by Duck Rice stall, Herbal Emperor Chicken etc.

Hello Mummies,

He give me a list of things that I should not eat at this point of my pregnancy. And in particular, he emphasize a lot on a Chinese herb called Dang Gui, as it will affect the hormones and is not suitable for pregnant women.
He also cautioned me that some of the food sold outside do contain Dang Gui and thus avoid eating them such as Bak Kut Teh, the dark color soup by Duck Rice stall, Herbal Emperor Chicken etc.

Thanks for sharing! I didn't know that so I have been eating bak kut teh but I shall avoid it now.

Hmmm, it leads me to think is this the latest scam to cheat on milk powder and diapers (as they are not cheap too!!! esp in Singapore)

Around Y2010-2011, there was a mommy who wrote in the forum about a Chinese mommy who openly asked for breast milk as she do not sufficient for her kids. And in the end, it turned out that she was giving breast milk of different mommies to her 2-3kids for god know how long...and I think she also asked for diapers and baby necessities. I wasn't interested in the post prev cos was having no.1 and no clue about all these.

Now this scam is coming back again? And its door to door knocking to ask for milk powder and diapers!!!!

Oreodinary - which area are you staying in? I am staying north eastern region. I am going to report to Town Council and Police!!

i encountered the same scene, about 3 years back..young malay lady with 1 toddler w her and 1 baby w her..asking us if we can spare her some money...at 1st my hb reject, after he tell me, i told him go down and pass her $10 after all, i am worried for her 2 kids..if she want to con us...its her issue, but i dun want to regret if its a genuine case.

Gynae says to wait for another 1-2 weeks. Scan shows a small sag but cannot see the baby yet.

Maybe ur edd end aug or begin sept. No worry. But did gynae say how many weeks u r ...relax ...Don let it affect u too much. No good for bb ok

Currently on pills as well as jab. On paper I am 7-8 weeks, but based on u/s and sag gynae said it's 5 weeks plus

Oekmer. Don't think too much.. just tell urself. . if its yours. It will be yours. This is one thing we cannot control. . . Which is god's will.. there is nothing u can do also.

We cannot count on paper as we won't know the exact date we conceived. Usually u have to minus 2 weeks from those online calculator.

Take care and we will pray with u too.

Don't worry oekmer. My edd is Aug 30. Went to see gynae abt 1 week back and saw the Sac only. Whereas I heard others ard my timing saw heartbeat.

I'm also not experiencing any MS other than tiredness.

It seems worrying but I'm trying to be chill and take it as it comes =)

On paper Im 9weeks when I saw my gynae last week but actual Im only 7weeks. That happened also for my #1. When first scanning doc can't detect heartbeat but 1 week later used vaginal scan then got heartbeat. There are 2weeks apart also for actual compared to paper. Some time our ovulation was late. Jiayou mummy and baby Oekmer.

Thanks for sharing xixin. I remembered a tcm once told me this too. Best to err on the safe side and avoid all herbs during first trimester. Some beef noodles contain herbs too.

I brought forward my visit and finally got heartbeat measurement today at 8w, so glad. Thanks for all the assurances.

Thanks for sharing xixin. I remembered a tcm once told me this too. Best to err on the safe side and avoid all herbs during first trimester. Some beef noodles contain herbs too.

I brought forward my visit and finally got heartbeat measurement today at 8w, so glad. Thanks for all the assurances.

Great! Glad to hear that :)

Glad you got to measure the heartbeat! :) My next gynae appointment is this Saturday and I really hope I will be able to hear the heart beat too.

Oh no, beef noodles? I had a lot of beef noodles while preggy with #1 as I craved for beef (red meat) like crazy in 2nd & 3rd trimester.

I foresee the same red meat craving for this pregnancy too so I'd better find something else that's equally delicious to satisfy it!

Glad you got to measure the heartbeat! :) My next gynae appointment is this Saturday and I really hope I will be able to hear the heart beat too.

Oh no, beef noodles? I had a lot of beef noodles while preggy with #1 as I craved for beef (red meat) like crazy in 2nd & 3rd trimester.

I foresee the same red meat craving for this pregnancy too so I'd better find something else that's equally delicious to satisfy it!
Same here, craving for beef noodles soup. Especially Vietnamese Beef Pho! There is a nice one at Vivo City's Kopitiam! Just had it last Sunday and I hope I can have it everyday! Too bad it is too far for me as I stay in the North. I think Vietnamese Beef Pho doesn't put herb. Don't know it is coincidence or not, my #1' favorite animal is cow! hahaa

I am on my week 7 and after my visit to the gynae today I have not hear the heartbeat. I am very worried, my hCG reading is also low..

Hi oekmer dont worry.. maybe u're less than 7 weeks preg due longer menses cycle or late ovulation. Hence u hvnt hear ur bb hrtbeat yet. If I count by my last menses date i'll be 1 more week preg than I rly am. My first scan at 6th wks (according to last menses date) only saw the sac no embryo plus I was hving light bleeding. But a wk ltr my gynae finally saw the embryo n hrtbeat thereby tellin me im only abt 6th wk preg.. just monitir n see how. Hv faith & worry less it's btr for u n bb. :)

Hello Mummies,

opps.. i ate the duck rice soup a few times.. thanks for sharing!

anyone experiencing lower backache? mine quite bad.. :( how to ease the backache ah? this pregnancy seem to have alot more problems.. muz be age.. sigh..

I love beef noodles too, I guess second trimester onwards should be safe. Best to seek Chinese physician's advice.

For now, better not. I always ask hawker if they use herbs. They prolly find me annoying but for the little bean, I'll do anything.

You will hear heartbeat by 7 weeks, how many weeks will u be this sat?

Thanks everyone. I just pray and hope baby is growing
I was told conception could have taken place much later, so your pregnancy may not be as advanced as you thought. For example, ovulation date may be on 1st but you may have conceived on 3rd or so coz sperm survives for 5 days in uterus.

When's your next scan? Did gynae use transvaginal scan?

I love beef noodles too, I guess second trimester onwards should be safe. Best to seek Chinese physician's advice.

For now, better not. I always ask hawker if they use herbs. They prolly find me annoying but for the little bean, I'll do anything.

You will hear heartbeat by 7 weeks, how many weeks will u be this sat?

I'm not really sure how many weeks I am at yet. The previous gynae visit was on 4th January and it was still too early to see how far along I was during the scan. My gynae said possibly 4-5 weeks but he can't be sure till I'm further along. He also couldn't base the weeks on my menstrual cycle as I didn't have my period at all due to breastfeeding. So I'm hoping this Saturday I can hear the heartbeat and know how far along I am :)

Anyone experiences sharp stabbing pains that last for a sec or two each time it occurs? I just experienced this since late last evening. And it comes and goes, like spasms. It's like a eletrifying sensative, sharp stab and it's gone. Just this morning, i got it 10 over times. I wasnt even moving much, just sitting in the car on my way to work, and sitting at my desk/workstation.

It's worrying, and I pray this isnt anything to be concern of. I've called my clinic, waiting for my gyane to advise.

Hi all MTB! Have been a silent reader since TTC. So now decided to join as I am 8 weeks pregnant with 1st child now.
Will be visiting my gynae tomorrow for the 2nd visit. Hopefully can hear the heartbeat like you mummies have mentioned.

So far my only MC is nausea whole day. The gagging will come on and off... whether or not do I smell anything. Oh... and I forgotten bloated and constipation.

Last edited:
Anyone experiences sharp stabbing pains that last for a sec or two each time it occurs? I just experienced this since late last evening. And it comes and goes, like spasms. It's like a eletrifying sensative, sharp stab and it's gone. Just this morning, i got it 10 over times. I wasnt even moving much, just sitting in the car on my way to work, and sitting at my desk/workstation.

It's worrying, and I pray this isnt anything to be concern of. I've called my clinic, waiting for my gyane to advise.

Hi waiwish, sometimes I will have this sharp pain too but it didn't put me in alarm mode

Just spoke with the nurse, my gynae says it is due to my tilted uterus trying to push forward as the pregnancy continues, which is why I am experiencing this sharp stabbing pain at this stage. Said it will last for a couple of days for some ppl. As long as no staining, it should be fine.

I will monitor and try to limit movement to just loo trips at work.

I say my prayer everyday, praying for God's mercy.

I have had 3 miscarriages in the last one year, so you can imagine the fear I have with every single sign spotted or missing.

Btw, to add on the previous msg, some Lor Mee contains herbs too. Best to ask before ordering any food that might suspiciously contains herbs.

Back