(2014/08) August 2014

ladies, how are u? congrats to all!
i have been waiting for the aug thread to be open, follow and was hoping to be part of the group.

i apologize first in case i bring some negative thoughts to the thread. this is my 4th pregnancy, the previous 3 were miscarriages and the last one being ectopic. can't help being more paranoid than others.

i tested positve on monday , but my hcg level is very low only 5.8. luckily rose to 21.2 on thurs, still beneath the 25 range. coz I'm high risk so dr ask me to take blood test and have to follow thru with jabs etc later to hope that i can carry through this pregnancy. coming tues going for another test, if still doubling then i will be really consider pregnant in the dr eyes. though clear blue already say pregnant lol

dr has to make sure its not ectopic again therefore i will have lots of blood test these 2 weeks, coz chances of happening the second time is 10% and then 25% and so on.

So i decided to join the thread now, hope that i can get some support :) if this is successful, it will be my first :)
Hello Hopeful_Mum,
welcome!
rest more and dun carry heavy stuff...

Thanks kopibeanie ~

Mummies who are having No.2, mind sharing with us first time mums how did you give birth to No.1? I've heard and read many stories regarding labour and that's The part I kinda have a love-hate relationship with. Lol. It's The only way to meet our babies but quite a lot to go through! How did you guys pull through? Thanks ~~

Jvall, Welcome!
for my no 1.i had contractions starting from 10pm on 23rd August, but i thot it was braxton hicks. then throughout the night, the contractions came coming and got stronger.. but i din wake my hubby cos i thot let him sleep somemore! i tahan til 5.30am then wake him up and we sped down to Mount A. by the time reach there, i was 3cm and i got the epidural. Epidural was really painful when they were putting it in cos had to curl up like a ball and contractions just kept coming. but once epi is in, dun feel anymore pain and can sleep somemore. Gynae came in at 12 plus and say i can push liao. Pushed until 2 plus then dd came out.

Today I just had a bad scare. Has been slightly constipated (cox I'm the type daily go toilet and very smooth type) then went toilet to try. No poo come out. Then when I pee and wipe, on my discharge there is some red strains of blood. Totally freaked out. Only small slight cramps. Then been drinking water and going toilet. Now okay Liao nothing. Wah scare the hell out of me. Can't wait for my blood test on tues. Hopefully these 2 days no more such scare.

But I really go toilet as frequently as I drink water. Feels thirsty easily. As I drink I will need to go toilet shortly. It's just the beginning , need to urinate so frequently? Or something wrong with my bladder lol

Today I just had a bad scare. Has been slightly constipated (cox I'm the type daily go toilet and very smooth type) then went toilet to try. No poo come out. Then when I pee and wipe, on my discharge there is some red strains of blood. Totally freaked out. Only small slight cramps. Then been drinking water and going toilet. Now okay Liao nothing. Wah scare the hell out of me. Can't wait for my blood test on tues. Hopefully these 2 days no more such scare.

But I really go toilet as frequently as I drink water. Feels thirsty easily. As I drink I will need to go toilet shortly. It's just the beginning , need to urinate so frequently? Or something wrong with my bladder lol

i also tend to pee more frequently even though i just discovered i am preggy.
that was quite a scare! its fresh red blood or brown? just monitor and if got more red blood, better go gynae earlier

i also tend to pee more frequently even though i just discovered i am preggy.
that was quite a scare! its fresh red blood or brown? just monitor and if got more red blood, better go gynae earlier
It's fresh red blood. It's like strains in the cervical mucus. Very little. I just hope it doesn't worsen.

Yeah I know. Will monitor. Tues morning doing blood test already to check if the pregnancy is viable or not. Just can pray now.

Jvall, Welcome!
for my no 1.i had contractions starting from 10pm on 23rd August, but i thot it was braxton hicks. then throughout the night, the contractions came coming and got stronger.. but i din wake my hubby cos i thot let him sleep somemore! i tahan til 5.30am then wake him up and we sped down to Mount A. by the time reach there, i was 3cm and i got the epidural. Epidural was really painful when they were putting it in cos had to curl up like a ball and contractions just kept coming. but once epi is in, dun feel anymore pain and can sleep somemore. Gynae came in at 12 plus and say i can push liao. Pushed until 2 plus then dd came out.

Wow! Thanks for sharing! Power you still so considerate to let your hubby sleep longer. lol. If it was me I think I would've panicked! Guess I'm too dependent on my hubby liao. I don't think I have a high threshold for pain so epidural has always been in my mind but Im just gonna pray that the injecting part won't kill me, lol. I've read from many places that some had no pain while injected, some very painful. Some after being injected epi the doctors still had to turn it off or sth to let them feel the pain to push! So many diff reasons and scenarios! Lol.

Same here! although early but keep drinking and peeing alot! I read that beginning is like that but will come back again when the baby is heavy and pressing down on your uterus.

ya every woman react differently to pain and epidural. ya lo, now then i realised i was so nice to let him sleep....and i am those type who cannot stand pain one. dun think so much now since we are still at the first stage :)

if everything goes well and i am still pregnant (meaning still staying in this thread), i don't mind doing the excel. but i don't know how to upload file.

oh i found an upload option!..
i wait for my tues blood test and first scan first? if okay i don't mind doing it :)

if someone else doing i also don't mind :)

I still don't know my edd. Shall wait for next appt. Tomorrow going for 2nd blood test for my homo level n injection. Haiz ...

I still don't know my edd. Shall wait for next appt. Tomorrow going for 2nd blood test for my homo level n injection. Haiz ...
u also going for blood test? hormone injection is it pregnyl? if dr says jabs is to help u maintain then just go :)
we jia you together ;)

u also going for blood test? hormone injection is it pregnyl? if dr says jabs is to help u maintain then just go :)
we jia you together ;)

Yup let Jia you together . Cause my homo level is low compare to other preg woman. Last time my no 1 , need to jab 3 times a week. No 2 , need two times a week n include pills too. Cannot escape . I hate it. Cause it cause me sleepy.

Morning ladies!

hmm sorry ah, I share disgusting things early morning. this morning I finally managed to pass motion. and after that when I wiped, its all reddish brown from Cervical mucus. sigh I really dam sian. I texted the nurse and asked if I have to worry. she says "dr say nothing to worry at this moment, all will be determined after your blood test tomorrow" if not rising, then its already understood that it will be an early mc. if rising properly, then the dr will see me in another few days time to see if anything needs to be done.
now im just observing, when I pee, no blood. its always after passing motion, sigh started yest morning. dam sian.

Maybe u should not push too hard when u do ur business. Eat fruits n drink more water.

maybe urs r spotting. So don't worry too much. Try ok :)

Maybe u should not push too hard when u do ur business. Eat fruits n drink more water.

maybe urs r spotting. So don't worry too much. Try ok :)
I trying. hopefully see np more blood. but I am the super smooth type when doing business. only recently become constipated since Sunday. coz im the type everyday go toilet, can finish within 1 min one. lol that's why I freaked out.

anyway seeing red is no good. but what to do I can only hold on and wait for blood test results tmr. if its doubling then dr will see me and maybe give me jabs to maintain. if dropping, I think dr will see me for a different reason. coz my hcg is really low, as long as drop means early mc liao.

so sad then I cannot be in this grp :(

I'm feeling so unwell and nausea since i test positive. Not sure if its all in the mind.. lol
I just stayed in bed the whole day. :(

I trying. hopefully see np more blood. but I am the super smooth type when doing business. only recently become constipated since Sunday. coz im the type everyday go toilet, can finish within 1 min one. lol that's why I freaked out.

anyway seeing red is no good. but what to do I can only hold on and wait for blood test results tmr. if its doubling then dr will see me and maybe give me jabs to maintain. if dropping, I think dr will see me for a different reason. coz my hcg is really low, as long as drop means early mc liao.

so sad then I cannot be in this grp :(

Cheer up ... don't think so much. Just wait for the dr n see what she say ba.

Morning ladies!

hmm sorry ah, I share disgusting things early morning. this morning I finally managed to pass motion. and after that when I wiped, its all reddish brown from Cervical mucus. sigh I really dam sian. I texted the nurse and asked if I have to worry. she says "dr say nothing to worry at this moment, all will be determined after your blood test tomorrow" if not rising, then its already understood that it will be an early mc. if rising properly, then the dr will see me in another few days time to see if anything needs to be done.
now im just observing, when I pee, no blood. its always after passing motion, sigh started yest morning. dam sian.

I also got this problem. constipation is the worst nightmare I had during my first pregnancy. think abt it sianz already. dunno what can help. puked when I drank prune juice. veges & fruits made me more bloated & gassy. sianz.

don't worry too much. think positive!

I just tested. .positive!
Will do more tests..and see if I can join this grp of Aug 2014 mummies! !!!

I am so happy but my hubby is not in Singapore to share my joy...

Piggy2008 same to you too..!!! I saw your post in another thread. .. :)
Now need to look for gyne ...preferably near sengkang. ..

Congrats Rinko! Welcome!

Hi ladies, hope everyone's doing fine! I went in to see my gynae today due to my neck pain and was hoping he has some medicine which can Help me. In The end don't have and asked me go hospital to see orthopedic ~ Anyway, did a scan and saw a sac at 5weeks 3days, going back next week for 6th week scan. Hopefully The heartbeat is there by then!

Would also like to ask for your opinions on something. Hubby and I was just arguing that by The time while our House reno -ing, next year april, he told me many people around him warned him not to let me set foot in The reno house at all due to those pantang things like what baby will have problem and even related some true stories he heard from friends. I retaliated saying that if there's any defects or whatever is due to bad chromosomes or when The embryo or fetus growing did not grow properly and not because you reno House tile crack or what then ur baby got problem. He's very pantang on this while I'm those ang moh pai kind and wanna be part of our house reno journey. He told me I can only set foot after everything is done and furniture moved in. =.="

He said you wanna be stubborn hor? Anything happen to baby later you don't regret. And I'm like if anything really happens It's due to science and while in The womb not developing properly and etc not because of renovation! If you tell me those chemicals that are used or what I have to stay away then of course. But this I find it hard to believe.

We can't seem to agree on this unfortunately and have not come to a conclusion. Now if I "Stubbornly" go and Choy choy touch wood any problem with baby, it seems like he will automatically blame me?! But what if nothing happens? We won't know until birth ma. So how you tell me.

Ladies any experiences or your opinion? So troubled by this now. Hais. Those ang moh also reno their nursery and all while pregnant also nothing happen ma. I believe in science not pantang and tried asking my hubby to explain to me how The hell you link the House to my womb. Lol.

Meanwhile, drink more water and cheers!

Hey ladies. Sticky baby dust to you. I'm discharged. I had a chemical pregnancy. The baby didn't stick. So I need to wait for my af to arrive.

Congrats Rinko! Welcome!

Hi ladies, hope everyone's doing fine! I went in to see my gynae today due to my neck pain and was hoping he has some medicine which can Help me. In The end don't have and asked me go hospital to see orthopedic ~ Anyway, did a scan and saw a sac at 5weeks 3days, going back next week for 6th week scan. Hopefully The heartbeat is there by then!

Would also like to ask for your opinions on something. Hubby and I was just arguing that by The time while our House reno -ing, next year april, he told me many people around him warned him not to let me set foot in The reno house at all due to those pantang things like what baby will have problem and even related some true stories he heard from friends. I retaliated saying that if there's any defects or whatever is due to bad chromosomes or when The embryo or fetus growing did not grow properly and not because you reno House tile crack or what then ur baby got problem. He's very pantang on this while I'm those ang moh pai kind and wanna be part of our house reno journey. He told me I can only set foot after everything is done and furniture moved in. =.="

He said you wanna be stubborn hor? Anything happen to baby later you don't regret. And I'm like if anything really happens It's due to science and while in The womb not developing properly and etc not because of renovation! If you tell me those chemicals that are used or what I have to stay away then of course. But this I find it hard to believe.

We can't seem to agree on this unfortunately and have not come to a conclusion. Now if I "Stubbornly" go and Choy choy touch wood any problem with baby, it seems like he will automatically blame me?! But what if nothing happens? We won't know until birth ma. So how you tell me.

Ladies any experiences or your opinion? So troubled by this now. Hais. Those ang moh also reno their nursery and all while pregnant also nothing happen ma. I believe in science not pantang and tried asking my hubby to explain to me how The hell you link the House to my womb. Lol.

Meanwhile, drink more water and cheers!

The last time, it happen to my No 1. Although i am not 100 percent believe but i still follow the old folks way ... example if there is drilling or knocking (if let say you insist want to follow ...usually i will wait outside the house or downstairs until it clear then i go see .... as long there is no drilling or knocking ... i still go in and see my house because at that point of time, i am the most free compare to hubby (partial i going to due soon for my no 1).

give and take. just talk to him. tell him you will go and see when there is no work been done :)

The last time, it happen to my No 1. Although i am not 100 percent believe but i still follow the old folks way ... example if there is drilling or knocking (if let say you insist want to follow ...usually i will wait outside the house or downstairs until it clear then i go see .... as long there is no drilling or knocking ... i still go in and see my house because at that point of time, i am the most free compare to hubby (partial i going to due soon for my no 1).

give and take. just talk to him. tell him you will go and see when there is no work been done :)

Thanks babe~ Yeah maybe should give and take. Like common sense don't exert force or carry heavy things and stay away from hazardous stuffs is common but totally not going at all is ridiculous to me. The House we xinxin kuku fork out money to buy and reno and then I can't be at least part of it to oversee that nothing goes wrong is really wasted as this is another milestone in our life tgt, owning a Home of our own. So Yeah.. but Thanks for The advice! Will try to talk to him~

Hi ladies, I tested positive on the 11th but as line was very faint I made an appointment for a blood test on the 12th and was confirmed preggy! So excited as DH and I have been trying for the past 9 months :p

MS has been relatively mild. But im suffering from very bad bloating and it makes my tummy really huge & uncomfy.

Hi ladies, I tested positive on the 11th but as line was very faint I made an appointment for a blood test on the 12th and was confirmed preggy! So excited as DH and I have been trying for the past 9 months :p

MS has been relatively mild. But im suffering from very bad bloating and it makes my tummy really huge & uncomfy.

Congrats & Welcome!

Congrats happy mummi!

JVall, like what piggy2008 suggested, it would be better for you to stay away (preferably downstairs or wait outside the house)when there is knocking, painting, installation, drilling going on. When coast is clear, then go up to have a look? During my #1's time, I stayed away when delivery man was installing the bb cot, etc. BB was ok. However during #2's time. I stayed in the house, just different room, when hubby was installing the toy cabinet. End up, #2 had a bald patch on his head and also lots of Mongolia birthmarks all over. I didn't believe in the panting stuffs till #2 came along. Better be safe than sorry.

Welcome mummies Rinko and Happy mummi ^^

Hey ladies. Sticky baby dust to you. I'm discharged. I had a chemical pregnancy. The baby didn't stick. So I need to wait for my af to arrive.
i am so sorry to hear this hopeful_mum. take care of yourself. do a mini confinement for yourself.

Last edited:

congrats Happymummi and welcome!

Hi everyone! I've tested positive last week with a very faint line and confirmed again with the clearblue digital test kit.
My first gynae apt is this Saturday! I'm now trying to research skincare products that are safe for use during pregnancy and I've stopped using my current ones except for the cleanser.

Any ladies have any thoughts on skincare brands/products that are safe to use now? Particularly toner and moisturiser.

Hi everyone! I've tested positive last week with a very faint line and confirmed again with the clearblue digital test kit.
My first gynae apt is this Saturday! I'm now trying to research skincare products that are safe for use during pregnancy and I've stopped using my current ones except for the cleanser.

Any ladies have any thoughts on skincare brands/products that are safe to use now? Particularly toner and moisturiser.
Hi CherrieVal which gynae u go to? I am still looking for one to do a confirmation as I tested positive yesterday evening.
Trying to research on which gynae before my hubby come back from biz trip this sat.

Hi CherrieVal which gynae u go to? I am still looking for one to do a confirmation as I tested positive yesterday evening.
Trying to research on which gynae before my hubby come back from biz trip this sat.

Hi Rinko! I'm not too sure which area you stay but I will be going to the one at Clementi, its called GynaeMd. I've been there for my previous pap smear so I thought of just returning to the same gynae since she's quite nice

Hi CherrieVal,

U gg to visit Dr. Regina at GynaeMd? I am considering her too. looking for reviews for her but couldnt find any...is she nice? hehe
I just tested pos too....

Hi Rinko! I'm not too sure which area you stay but I will be going to the one at Clementi, its called GynaeMd. I've been there for my previous pap smear so I thought of just returning to the same gynae since she's quite nice
Ic..then will be too far for me...
I am staying at sengkang. .will do mpre research. .

Hi mudppie,

yes I'm going to visit Dr. Regina. I'm been googling about her as well, and through some threads I found out that she had been in kkh for quite a long time and this is actually a newly opened clinic by her, which is why there are not many reviews yet. I managed to still find out a bit here and there about her though... The last time I went to her for pap smear she was quite nice. If you are not going to the gynae any time soon probably I'll update after my visit on Saturday?

Hi mudppie,

yes I'm going to visit Dr. Regina. I'm been googling about her as well, and through some threads I found out that she had been in kkh for quite a long time and this is actually a newly opened clinic by her, which is why there are not many reviews yet. I managed to still find out a bit here and there about her though... The last time I went to her for pap smear she was quite nice. If you are not going to the gynae any time soon probably I'll update after my visit on Saturday?

I also plan to book sat appt...shortlisted her & another gynae at clementi....kekeke....is this ur 1st bb?
my hb prefers to see her...but i prefer another leh...lol....oops!

Its my first bb :) a bit don't know what to do/what to expect... seems like there's a lot of knowledge in this. What food to avoid, what not to do, etc.

Back