Child Adoption

<font color="ff6000">Hi Angel,</font>

1) We went SBL Family Vision for our HSR. They took abt 3 wks to approve.

2) You should get ur child's DP within 2 wks, after you submitted ur application. We took abt 1 mth as there was some hiccups at MCYS.

3) Of cos the BC n the Citizenship is a DIFFERENT thingy! BC is a Birth Cert. only Whereas getting the Citizenship Cert. certified that ur child is a SINGAPOREAN!

Please do read the contract properly before u sign up with them. Cheaper price might mean that they will not provide certain services n u might need to run some errands yourself to get things done. These r just my piece of advices. Good Luck!

Dear <font color="ff6000">VQ</font>,

thanks for your reply. first, how did you format the text bold and orange at the same time? I tried but can't. Please teach me?

Wow 3 weeks is really speedy! Pity I live in Clementi and SBL (Tampines) is the other end of the island. Trans Centre (Toh Yi) and FeiYue (Bukit Batok) both take about 5 to 7 weeks to approve! How many times do we need to report at the centre? If not too frequent, perhaps I might submit my HSR there.

1) After the HSR report is approved, if the agent has a suitable baby for us, do we immediately bring the baby home, or must I wait for DP?

2) I am so ignorant that I didn't even know BC and Citizen Cert are 2 different documents. Silly me. So after DP, how long must we wait to get BC and after getting BC, how long to get Citizenship? Did you manage to change place of birth on BC?

3) I am also very fearful that the agent may exclude many hidden costs so we'll be meeting up with her this Sun. Do you think if I submit my HSR application by end Jan, I can have a baby before May?

Hi Mocha,
I have sent u an PM did u get it?
Hi Cat I did leave u an email did u get it?

Well I am thinking very hard to adopt another little one maybe this time a boy, my little girl who is 31/2 is also asking for another little one.
So can anyone share what it's like going through the HSR? When it was my time we didn't need a homestudy.

It is tricky to teach u the bold n color text here in this thread i PM u later ya?

1) i went SBL in Tampines once for the interview But my hubby went twice. 1st to submit application, 2nd was with me.

After HSR approve, if u had a suitable baby. COnfirm n bring him/her for a medical check up. Once medical report is out n the baby is healthy. You can arrange to bring the baby home immediately. Again, this might also depends on the agency on how their arrangements r. Shunfa expects me to bring the baby home after medical checkup but i insist to wait for the reports. Actually, when i brought my DD for the medical check up, i wanted to bring her home after that. As the nanny who looks after her is terrible!!! She has those white fungus in her tiny little mouth, private part is not clean thoroughly! her belly button is dirty too! And she dressed like a pauper! i feel so embarrassed when i brought her for medical check-up! So, fm my experience, u might want to bring along your very own NICE receiving blanket, wet tissue, tissue n body powder. In case, bb poo when u bring him/her for check up. This was happens to me! hahaha.. i was lucky as i alway bring as pkt of wet tissue with me.

2) we got our DP on Aug2007, BC on 28Nov2007, Citizenship on 12Dec2007.

I must say again: <font size="+2">PLACE OF BIRTH CAN'T BE CHANGED!!!</font>

3) i think that will depends on when u get ur HSR? When u found a suitable bb? We r quite lucky to hear fm shunfa that she had a suitable bb for us, on the same day we collected our HSR! within a mth, the bb is back home with us!

And the agency might make use of ur desperateness too. So ur DH n u must read the agreement carefully. Ask all questions you can think of. Even if u think it is stupid, or not important. God Bless You.

Hi Elizabeth,

Yes I got your email and have passed your info to my friend who may be interested.

Hi Angel and VQ,

It seems that the place of birth is such a sore point for you. Why is it so? You will be telling your child his/her adoptive status right?

As for the 'state' of babies given up for adoption, I heard from my sister who also adopted a M'sian baby (in M'sia) that most of them look like 'refugees' - skinny, malnourished and not well-taken care of. So be prepared for that. I did not realize that this should not be surprising since after all, the poor babies were given up.

Hi Cat,
My little girl came to me when she was 3 1/2 weeks old and she did not look like a refugee. If fact at first I didn't find a connection that I wondered if I did the right thing. However as months went on I loved her and she became my little angel.

<font color="ff6000">Hi Catherine,</font>
Nope, the place of birth of my bb is not a sore point to me. Do i sounds like i am? Cos many asked me abt it so i Bold n increase the font size. So everyone can c. hahaha....

<font color="ff6000">Hi Elizabeth,</font>
i did not receive your email on the details of your agency
sad.gif

Hi VQ,

Yes, you did sound like it... I guess that is the problem with writing... miscommunications do happen...
happy.gif

Hi Elizabeth,

I guess all of us go into adoption with a lingering fear and doubt. But we are all doing well now aren't we?

Hi all,

Looks like we could move on to start another thread on bringing up adopted kids? Issues and concerns? Babies are cute and all that but they do grow and start to talk, think, etc etc, then we'll have new things to grapple with? Even my 3-year-old now is asking questions already - I have told him that he has two daddies and mummies since he was about 2. Of course he can't really get the concept of adoption but I can see that he will ask more really soon, with the way this chatterbox is progressing.

So why not we start a thread to keep in touch as our babies grow?

What say you? I might start a thread asking for mummies/daddies who were adopted themselves or have siblings who were adopted. It'll be great to hear their growing-up stories, especially the emotional part. Will have to find time to do this... will keep you people informed.

funny why my post in the morning wasn't reflected but this was what I typed:

The baby's birth place is not a sore point for me but I heard recently from a mutual friend that her adoption agency told her the birth place can be changed so I just wanted verifications. My husband and I definitely want to tell our baby about his adoptive status and we plan to start with simple children's stories like Jungle Book.

This thread has been TREMENDOUSLY helpful for us seeking adoptions. Why don't we continue to use this thread to share tips and advice on bringing up our adopted children since the title of our thread 'Child Adoption' is quite generic. Perhaps we can even organize a small gathering this CNY and start our very own adoption support group
happy.gif
what do you think?

Hi Elizabeth,

I still did not received ur PM and also me still cannot PM u.
sad.gif

Hi VQ,
When I bring my BB to go for check up she was quite OK , only the milk bottle that she used is yellow and sticky...

<font color="ff6000">Hi Mocha,</font>
When you arrange for medical check up. Did you pick ur BB fm Linda or fm the nanny? The nanny is in Yishun, Khatib?

<font color="ff6000">Hi Elizabeth,</font>
i receive ur PM. Please send me the detail.

Hi guys,
I will PM u guys again.
Hi Cat,
Well my little one has started to ask questions too. I found the movie tarzan a great example to use and a book I picked up called bunny love. I don't think it has sucken in yet however i haven't heard her ask her daddy about this topic. She does say she came out off my tummy but i keep trying to explain to her. We should all plan a play date oneday. I heard that touch minstry does it once a year. Its good I think then as the child grows up they won't feel different anyone interested.

Dear Mocha and VQ

you both adopted your babies from the same agency (Shunfa)? Hubby and I just went for our medical checkup this morning. Am glad we've offically started this HSR process. Am getting my hubby to re-read all your postings to prepare ourselves with the meeting with the adoption agent later this afternoon. Please keep posting
happy.gif

dear all

we are thinking of adoption and have been reading through some of the relevant websites, like MCYS and the accredited HSR centres.

However was not able to find any websites about private adoption agencies except for a Fox adoption agency.

Can someone help to point in the right direction?

Angel,
may i have the contact of the agency you are using? 18k seems a lot more reasonable.

Hi babymaking
I introduced Angel to the agency she is using I will pm u if u like.
Hi angel
I can't wait to see how things work u with u. Please keep me informed

Hi <font color="0000ff">Natelize</font>

just met Alice this afternoon. She seemed professional and knowledgable with adoption matters so my husband and I will be going ahead with the adoption through her. Over dinner, we also revealed our adoption plans to our extended family and everyone seems very supportive and eager for us to bring baby home. Now just need to sit down and file in all documents needed by the HSR. That might take a while but really thank you for pointing us the way.

<font color="0000ff">babymaking</font>, it took me lots of searching too to find an agency we are comfortable with. I read and re-read this thread many times just to glean and learn from the valuable lessons and experiences posted here by forummers who have gone before us. There are some agencies recommended in this thread: Catherine recommended ShunFa agency run by a lady named Linda and Natelize recommended Lotus Agency. We did call Shunfa up but was told no baby was available at the moment so we turned to Lotus. Alice (from Lotus) made it clear to us today that the price she quoted us was a one-off 'special' rate out of sympathy (so to speak) because of the terrible loss that we went through last year (where both our twins were born premature and died in hospital). Read our blog at http://ashleyisourangel.blogspot.com/ and you'll know what I mean.

My hubby and I thought long and hard before we finally decided to officially start this adoption route. Some well-meaning friends who know about it advised us not to rush as there's no turning back. 1 colleague even commented over lunch that 'the grass is always greener on the other side, why are we so desperate to have a baby. Once you have a baby, then you know how difficult it is (to handle)." Well, I just smiled and shrug her off as I knew from the bottom of my heart that we have been ready, from long ago.

I have barely filled up my HSR forms but already dreaming of the day I can meet the baby who's destined to be ours. I'm sure this was how many of you felt too - Chris, Mocha, VQ and Catherine, right? Suddenly, life has meaning again...

Glad u had taken the 1st step. Do keep us posted.

Yes, i adopted fm Linda,Shunfa. DH n i r satisfied with her services. Some times, after we brought our little DD back home, She smsed me to ask whether everything is ok. And she reassure that we can called her if we hv any problems.

Yes, some friends or even relatives commented we already hv a DD. Y do we wanted a 2nd? hv 1 is better than none? Yes from their point of view but to us, our DD is so lonely. We bought her the best toys, brought her for overseas trips during every school holidays. BUT to her, she rather has a younger sis to play with. She would cried to me, telling me that her friend is willing to give up his little sister to my DD. DD cried bcos she has no sibling whereas this friend hates his little sister so much!! DD envy him for having a lttle sister!

When i told 1 of my aunt who just came back fm USA abt my adoption. She commented that i m CRAZY!!! i nearly broke down! Sad bcos she wont understand me. later, my mom explained to her. she nvr comment in front of me anymore. A day later, we brought our little DD home. This aunt of mine, also doted her. Todate, all my family members had even forgot abt my little DD's adoption. Everybody feel that she is my very own!! All commented she is getting to look lke her sister or even me!!! i m also very free during family gatherings as all will "fight" over to carry my little DD!!! hahaa....

Hi all,

I would like to add my comments.

Those who choose to adopt a baby or child, knows deep down in their hearts why they are doing it, have confidence in raising up the child and have the unconditional love for the child or baby.

No one else can understand that and neither will they. My wife and I have been extremely lucky to have complete acceptance and unconditional happiness from all our family members and friends too. Like VQ said, its very true that you tend to be "free" during get togethers cos everyone wants to carry your baby!.

My baby is 8.5 months now and she looks a whole lot like my wife. Babies' features will somewhat "morph" into the happy faces they see every day of their lives. So just enjoy yourselves with your babies...no one will see the desire and no one can understand the desire in this hectic and competitive world. Now whenever I look at my lovely daughter, how she has grown and her happy smile and simply adorable face, the feelings of love is so immense and the feeling of happiness and peace takes over our lives.

To all those who are currently going thru the HSR process, just hang in there and quickly complete the HSR questions and get all your documents in order. Dont take too long otherwise the process for interview and approvals will similarly take a while to come in. Bear in mind, the HSR approval is the beginining, its the search for the baby that may take a while. So you dont want to be bogged down with the HSR process. Aim to complete, refine and get all your supporting documents ready for verification within a week. Its definitely possible cos I took one week to plough thru the HSR cos its just like applying for a COE!

Yes the feeling and desire will grow as the adoption proceeds, but always take yourself out of the picture or take a step back to identify the possible areas that can go so wrong and disrupt the adoption process. You tackle that and the process will be smooth.

Let me share with you something which happen recently, my wife and I usually just stand at our daughter's cot when she is sleeping just to look at her, hear her breathing and feel the preciousness of our daughter. Just then, Ally our daughter opened her eyes, turned around and gave us the most beautiful smile and fell back into sleep....that moment will forever etched in our hearts and thats why no one will understand the desire for a baby.

Remember, hang in there and dont give up! if you want it really bad, it will come thru and you got to make that a reality. God Bless!

Hi Chris,
It was really encouraging to wake up this morning to read what u have posted. That we should never give up and we will get wat we want if we press on.
Hi Angel(babymaybe)
U should change ur nickname to baby I have. Its no more babymaybe. I'm so happy for u that u have started this journey and i believe u and ur husband will do ur best for the little one that is about to join u.

Dear <font color="0000ff">VQ, Chris and Natelize</font>, thank for you coming in to share your own experience to affirm my hubby and me. Your stories gave us so much renewed hope. Indeed, this journey through infertility to loss then adoption is a road that is very little travelled. Even our church friends keep asking us if we've prayed about it and confirmed that it's God's will for us (to adopt) or perhaps God wants us to remain childless. It's very difficult for us esp. since we've stopped attending church after our twins' death. Our heart desires for a child to love but then there are comments like this which seem to tell us to wait or hold on, don't act rashly. Somehow, I can sense this process will not be easy. Chris is right, HSR is only the initial 'hurdle', the search for the 'right' baby (whom you fall in love with) may be more time-consuming. So we're not sitting on our laurels - I've brought the HSR forms to office today to make a duplicate just in case we make mistakes in filling them up!

<font color="ff6000">Hi Chris,</font>
i agree with u totally. No one else can understand what n how r we going thru and neither will they!

Sometimes, i feel that it's heaven's will that DH n i decided to adopt a 2nd DD. I hv a weak womb. i was told even if i m pregnant. my womb might not be able to hold the bb. DH told me he does not want me to go thru the "sufferings" like i had my biological elder DD. And a m/c of losing a twins at an early stage.

So when our little DD came, my DH told me happily, without me sufferings thru pregnancy complications, We got a cute little DD!!! This really worth everything.

My elder n little DDs love each other so much. Elder DD is so proud of showing off her little sister to her friends!! Kiss her everytime! And little DD is so happy n excited to c her elder sister too! she would "Ah Ah Ah! Ba Ba Ba!" n kicking her hands n legs as if trying to talk to her sister!!!

DH n i r very very happy n feel our family is finally completed!

Hi,

Yes, there'll be people who'll never understand. My family and in-laws were supportive as my husband and I were not the first ones in the family to adopt - my sis adopted 2 and my bro-in-law adopted 1.

My only negative (slightly) experiences was with one of my immediate neighbours whom we asked if she knew any babysitters in the area. She remarked in Mandarin - 'why don't we have a baby by ourselves' - we told her no, we tried and are getting old already - in the end she did recommend a babysitter a few days later which we had to decline - so it turned out positive after all as she actually remembered and took some action for us. The other was an ex-colleague who insensitively asked us - that a boy must have cost a lot and 'how much did you pay?'. I just replied 'I paid some money lah'.

One of my neighbours, a couple who has been married longer than us and still childless maintained that they would prefer to have children of their own. But I can see that the wife always looks at us in envy ever since we got our son!

And as for 'falling in love' with the baby part - take note that it may not always happen - as mentioned by Elizabeth also (no 'connection') and my sis when adopting her first baby - dared not take her home from the hospital for a few days fearing that the baby may not be healthy. For my husband and I, the first time we met our son, he looked tired and smiled weakly, looked kind of 'blur' but rested his head on my husband's chest (son was 4 months+ at that time) when my husband carried him and my husband was immediately 'sold'. I, on the other hand was standing-by feeling quite awkward and unsure... but Linda and her husband told us that they had never seen a baby so chubby and cute and it took us a few minutes to say yes (not a very long time, right?) and we want to kick ourselves now for even thinking for so 'long' then!

And like Chris and his wife, we still 'step back' very often and just look at our son in wonder - like we're still in a dream, 3 years on. Next Monday will be the 3rd anniversary of his 'homecoming'.

It's just great having a child at last.

Hi VQ,

My BB was not from Shunfu adoption. Mine was from King's adoption. Cos that time Linda say no BB on hand so I went to other adoption agency. When I bring my BB to Check up, the agent send the BB to me at the hosipital and then she will left the BB to me until the check up finished then I called her to pick up the BB again.

Hi Elizabeth,
I am not sure why I still cannot received ur PM? May I ask after u PM me am I suppose to received the message in my personnal mail box or is in somewhere else? Really need some help..!!

Hi Angel,

We all been through the same process. When we start with the HSR, we almost give up and we took almost 2 month to complete the whole document collection and answering the question. Now we have no regart to the whole process that we when through. Like Chris and VQ say, no one will understand how we feel and the desire for having a BB. People who can conceived and give birth to a BB will not understand our feeling.
Happy for you that you have step out ur 1st step. Very soon u will be like many of us here, enjoy the happy moment that the BB bring to us. so keep going....
happy.gif

Hi all

guess what? Just found out today that the colleague who made that 'grass is always greener on the other side' remark is 3 months' pregnant! She's married but find raising a child very tiring and vexing so have been advising me to think twice. How unfair this world is, isn't it? But this news also strengthen my resolve to go ahead with adoption because I still fall into depression and self-pity each time I hear/see a friend/colleague get pregnant. I can't rejoice with them; instead I will sob my heart out, thinking how God has blesssed them and left me behind. People have been asking me 'have you heard from God whether this is God's will for you?'. Today, I think I did - the revelation is how long am I going to keep succumbing to such negative thoughts? I cannot go on like this. I have to get hold of my emotions and get on with life. How to, unless I too have a little one to have and to love. Like what all your adopted darlings have done for your lives. Today, I've got my answer.

Grass greener on the other side better than no grass on this side ...

Angel i agree with you, sometimes it seem sooo ... unfair. I am also torn apart between trying naturally and waiting patiently to trying another IVF to even considering adoption, thats why i am here. Its very tormenting to be at where i am, faced with choices but cant move cos i am not certain, no peace with whichever decision i am to make. How i wish i can make the big daring step with peace like what you have done today.

dear angel

thanks for sharing your story, i have read your story at ward 44? (i think) while i was hospitalised at KKH during a very painful IVF attempt last year.

i cried buckets at the noticeboard and wanted to write to you when i visited your blog when i was discharged...but i didn't know what to write..nothing i could say can make you feel better about the bitter losses that both of you have faced.

I had a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy within the last couple of years, with numersous failed attempts at IUI, 1 fresh IVF and just last week an unsuccessful FET.

Each failed pregnancy send me to greater depths of despair at ever holding our own child. Each unsuccessful attempt at ART makes me wonder if we will ever be parents.

after last week's failure, we decided that the cost (physically, mentally, emotionally and financially) of ART is too much to bear. My health in general have deteriorted despite taking lots of tonics, vitamins to the point that i have a post traumatic stress illness - fibromyaglia (FM) - which occured after the emergeency ectopic surgery. It took us another 6 months of hospitalisation to diagnose FM- after numerous hospitals and full body scans.

while we are not totally sold on the idea of adoption ( i am adopted myself and it's not really a positive experience) - we are looking into it and see if we can bond with the baby first.

hence looking into various avenues and hope to open our hearts to a child out there who will embrace the love that we can offer him/her.

elizabeth,
pls email me at [email protected]. I still haven't figure out how the PM function here work. Thanks for sharing.

dear <font color="0000ff">babymaking</font>

yes, I was warded at ward 44 (bed 14) for a total of 3 months from April 21 to June 18 last year. When I was at work, I experienced sharp contraction pains and rushed to KKH to see Dr Loh. He warded me immediately after the u/s showed that my waterbag is sagging. My twin son Joash was born 2 days later despite a failed operation to stitch my cervix up. After that, I continued to be warded as my twin girl Ashley was still growing inside week after week. It was then we thought she could make it but alas, due to some infection left behind in the womb due to Joash's amniotic fluid and placenta, Ashley had to be delivered prematurely too through C-section. She was only 27weeks5days and passed away after 12 hours in the NICU. Every single day, we wish she had survived and our story would have been different. She would be our miracle child to tell the world of God's goodness. But it was not to be.

Do take time to evaluate your options. I've been through 1 IVF, 2 FETs, 2 stillbirths (Nathaniel and Joash) and several failed pregnancies (no heartbeat developed, had to abort it etc) so I can feel your pain. Each time we start a treatment, our hopes are raised. But each time it failed, we are plunged into depths of despair. It's a constant emotional roller-coaster ride that never seem to end, as if the Big Guy upstairs is torturing us. We would have kept trying if not for the devastation of witnessing our Ashley take her last breath before our eyes...it was the last straw. My hubby decided not to put my life at risk (I nearly died too due to blood poisoning) and refuse to let me go through all the painful ART treatments anymore. Hence, adoption seems to be the only door open. The couples here have been sharing their positive adoption stories. Just feel free to post your doubts and am sure someone will be able to reach out. {Hugs}

<font color="ff6000">Hi Mocha,</font>
Oh Yes! ur darling was fm King's. Sorry i keep on forgetting. hee...

<font color="ff6000">Hi MapleBabies,</font>
Welcome to share in this thread. I do feel "sour" when i hear others got pregnant when they did not like children or didn't even like children at all. I envy even more for those who keep on saying: i am so scare i m pregnant!! Angry right? when i m trying so hard! (No Hard -feelings for those who can conceive easily! I really ENVY u!)

i use to blame heaven for not helping me on my TTC journey. But after i adopted my 2nd DD. I realise heaven had been helping me all the while!! Bcos i m weak in my womb n had previous pregnancy complications. Heaven didn't want me to suffer further, so here we were leaded to Adoption journey!!!

Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry, I don't know what happen to my email. I have write to the technical support, they also don't know why.. they say may be my email rejected the PM...so could u please send the infor to this email again : [email protected]. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi all,
U know just sitting back and reading some of the lifes stories it is sad to see how many people get angry at God. I always knew that I was going to adopt since I was very young so when I found out I couldn't have kids of my own I took it. At the time I was a preschool teacher and I loved my job. I just kept telling myself that even if i didn't have children of my own God has given all these other children. Having bitterness is not good for the soul cos u wont be able to live for the moment. And to all those of u that have been through had times why not forgive the pass but not forget and move on with the little ones u will soon get. Having kids is never easy and I believe in every stage be will have bumps but we learn and move on.

Its interesting cos my wife and I realise this, God does not give us what we WANT, but he only gives us what we NEED.

We initially wanted a baby from Philippines which somehow turned out to be disastrously messy with the agency. After a while we came to hear of a baby that was up for adoption thru a relative from Indonesia....its was not what we WANTED nor expected but she has surely turned into a lovely baby which we NEEDED!

Unfortunately the pain was a necessary path, somewhat cleansing process, in order to really see what was before us.

<font color="ff6000">Hi Chris,</font>
I am waiting for your GOOD news!

When r u collecting citizenship for ur lovely girl? Or hv u collected?

I hope you can get it by CNY.

Hi babymaking,

Please go read the archives of this thread. You will find the some not so good info about Fox and useful info on other stuff as well.

Hi everyone

I've good news. My hubby and I finally completed all our HSR Forms Yesterday and I'm taking leave off work tomorrow to submit them at Trans Centre (Bukit Timah)! It's been so tedious getting all the reports and forms ready in our busy schedules but we finally did it! What a relief
happy.gif
. Let's hope tomorrow's submission will be smooth and may we get a good assessor. Happy New Year to all of you in advance!

Hi Angel,

That's good news, indeed... a good start for the coming year of the Rat.

And to everyone, Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous Year ahead!

For those whose babies are celebrating their first CNY, enjoy collecting ang pows at last! We had been giving out ang pows without any 'returns' for more then 10 years before getting our son. And he came just a week before CNY 3 years ago - so finally then, we had some 'returns'... hee hee!

Cheers!

Hi Chris

I've something to check with you regarding adopting M'sian babies through relatives' recommendations. But you don't accept PMs. Can you please email me at angelinesim(at)yahoo(dot)com? Hope to hear from you before CNY. Thanks.

Hi all,

Me, my hubby and our lovely daugther would like to wish everyone Happy New Year and May all your wish come true.

Thanks Mocha for your well-wishes!

We've submitted our HSR forms today! But the staff at Trans Centre told us we've to go down for 3 interviews and 1 more in our own home. Read somewhere that some other centres only did 2 interviews...let's hope the whole process will be smooth-sailing.

Finally, u had submitted the HSR forms! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

As for the interviews, i went down for 1 interview at SBL. Maybe, different centres hv different rules n procedures. Or maybe, the Adoption rules had made some changes again.

hi catherine

thanks for your advice. we went down to fox adoption as they had a 4 month baby available, both myself and hubby fell in love with the baby.

All we had to do is put down a deposit of 5k and we could bring the baby back, but i am uncomfortable with doing so without knowing if the HSR is approved.

Irene provided relatively good advice, as she warned us of the heartbreak of parting with the baby should the HSR not be approved for whatever reason.

in the end, we decided to take a step back and wait for the HSR approval before we go baby looking.

Dear chris,
i understand that you had a bad experience with irene, could you share (perhaps via email, since it's not conv to post here) your experience and what exactly went wrong?

any others here who used fox and had a bad experience or any positive expereince from fox? i would love to hear either to make an informed decision.

I guess what moved me to fox is that they openly post pictures of the babies online and provide a basic history even before being obliged to go down.

the other agencies have somewhat been less open, often putting remarks that they do not have a baby available but they can find if you want to, or the baby is not in Singapore, some haven't even seen the baby themselves, or worse in one instance, even demanded money when the baby is not even borned.

Hi Angle,

Great to hear that you have hand up ur HSR application. The up coming road will not be difficult because for what i think the most difficult part is the collection of all the document they require. As for the interview we when for twice in FeiYue and 1 home visit.

I remember when I hand up our appilcation for the HSR I also very worried but I get lots of information and helpful advice from the member here especially Catherine, Chris and VQ. Thanks so much for sharing ur infor and things to take note on the whole adoption process.

So not to worried cos lots of pple here were supporting you. Just relax and everything will be fine.

Hi babymaker,

I have been to fox family with same reason as what you think too. They are very open and they post the picture of the BB online. But after I have talk to Irene then we decide not to go for it cos their BB is not pure chinese. Cos our parents are paticular abt it.

Do ask them on how is the whole process because I think theirs is quite complicated cos Irene even told us that we need to fly to the the country of the BB birth to make vow....

Hi all,

A warm Happy Year of the Glorious Rat to each and every one of you and your family and your little ones either already with you or on the way to you soon!.

Its been a really hectic CNY for us. We just got back from KL last night after a wonderful week of CNY festivities with our wonderful baby who is now already 9 months old!! Suddenly overnight my wife and I were no longer the highlight of CNY celebration, our daughter has taken over the priviledge!!!

Another good news to share is that we have also already collected our daughter's birth certificate and also her official Singapore Citizenship certificate on 3 February 2008!! About 4 days befoe CNY!!! I have also submitted today her application for Singapore Passport and it will be ready by 18th Feb!!! Hurray hurray hurray!!

To all those who are keen on Fox, kindly IM or email me below [email protected].

Angel -> Good to hear that you have submitted the HSR report for review and approval. Dont worry about the interviews and all that...hang in there!!

Back