(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

PY: poor thing.. Anyone else who can help you? Mum or mil? It might be better to have someone around to help you to cope...

Goodness... I thought 3 week babies are already a handful.. 6 week ones also? Could it be growth spurt? Read up yesterday that it happens at 6th week too that they become fussy might not be colic.

ong
i guess she is not the stringent type. most rules to b observed but when one gets desperate, u juz need to do sthg to relieve urself b4 u get crazy. heee, tts wat my fren says oso... is my MIL hintg tt i can violate the rules? haha... but my MIL knows i will obey most rules lah.

PY
*pat pat* i suspect i will b like u when my CL leaves next wk. I am so used to the routine of hvg her ard and hvg meals prepared & chores done. I cried too the last time when she left. but dun worry, once u get the hang of routine; it will b better. so ur outburst is v normal.

u meant u thawed ur FBM tt was expressed on 31/10? not chilled ones rite? its funny but most frozen BM hv a fishy smell. most of the babies wun notice the smell but some will reject.

chilled BM shld not smell the same as FBM leh. i even drank my own BM. the taste is v mild wif a milky aft taste at the end. so u need to taste ur own BM to know how normal ones taste like.

give ur hb some time to get use to feeding baby. sometimes it doesnt come naturally. and when he is feeding, try not to jump in too fast and say he is doing this blah blah wrong etc. it pisses him off as well. let him learn.
happy.gif

funzee
if u r btl feeding, then bb shld b drinkg milk at regular intervals, not 1.5 hrs. baby probably am cryg for other things eg he's tired, he poo-ed/pee etc. gotta trial & error. if u suspect tt his milk intake has increased, then u gotta increase the amt. i think bb experienced growth spurts once every 3 wks like at 3 wks old, 6 wks old etc.

Me had a terrible past 3 days...

Glynnis down with cough and flu. i brought her to the doctor on Monday.
Me down with diarrhea since Monday, went to see doc yesterday.
Glynnis passed her virus to Glendon. He had been staring at us everyday for the past 3 days ever since the moon is out. He only sleep when the sun come out to greet us.

Have not been able to sleep for 2 hrs straight every night. Somemore, his cries wake Glynnis up and she too will cry for mummy. I wanna faint le...

Going to bring him to see PD later in the evening.
sad.gif

Because of the lack of sleep and i have not been eating due to my diarrhea, my milk supply dropped... Only managed to express out about 100ml this morning. Sianz...

Now i am thinking whether to bathe him. So afraid that if i wake him up, he will stare at me again, then i really don't need to do other things at all le.
sad.gif

Gal: I not expert yet... Now waiting for her to wake up so I can bathe her. It seems that I gotta wake her up instead haha.. Today will be the first time I bathe her w/o much help.

Ok brb to reply the rest later
happy.gif

bb pushing the breasts away
try giving him some ridwind before feeding. the reason why they are pushing the breasts away is that they 'dun want' the milk because they are feeling bloated. from all the trapped air in the foremilk..

emily: in ur case, u might already be over feeding ur bb hence he is regurigitating quite a bit..and also 'pushing the breast' away..my boy did these couple of days ago and i just cannot figure out why. a chat with some bf-ing frens from the other thread brought back my long lost memories.. and i figured out... trapped wind lah! aiyoh!.. i thought he playing tricks on me again..
happy.gif
.. try it? it works..

also.. how heavy does ur bb weigh now?
use this formula..
(2.5 ounces X per pound of body weight)/8 = recommended feed/3 huorly
to see if the constant feeding is causing the bloat?
happy.gif

doris hp: 96387660
(ha.. at this rate we are going.. tien and I shd demand some recommendation fees from doris)

funzee/vin: hmm.. might want to read up the GF routine. it is not as strict as it seems and put a clear structur ein place.. Rayan is nicely advancing to the three weeks routine.. i think he is beginning to sleep thru the night...

py/ddnikz: hugs to both of u.. i have the same meltdowns a few days ago.. not due to confinement lady since i dun have one.. admit it is tiring. esp with the constant latching.. while it is normal to miss the past.. must brace urself for the future.. ur bbs are ur best teachers.. and u too will learn in the process.. confinement ladies are only our pals for that one month.. we walk the battles with our hbs from now on
happy.gif
cheer up and chin up!
happy.gif

PY: ya.. Miser has learned a lot these few years.. night time duties he is also performing.. funny. last time he sleeps more.. coz bottle feeding mah.anyone can do it..
now i need to latch. and i think he sin tia i have less sleep than him.. so i can 'order' him change nappies, fetch me and that, do this and that in the middle of the night :p..then also i vent on him like no other pple biz.. yesterday at polyclinic. i 'scolded' him 'can u dun be so retarded?' :S.. i feel bad thinking of it now.. coz i wun like pple scolding me likethat.. but then i thought he lost his brains then.. he just took it lor.. :S
men has to learn.. sure we get frustrated.. but hor.. dun let them do ah. next time they wun do it at all.. so let ur hb manage it.. while u get some rest.. and if he says he cannot understand why u keep crying.. tell him women made of water lah. he is the container to contain all the water lor!

roxie/famela: the mon petit jardin nurshing shawls.. can 'see thru' from the top..? else i dunno how to see if i have latch rayan! hahahah

Dreamygal:hugz take care. i also seemed to be having some diarrheoa.. hmmm...

Tien: are u thinking of getting doris back ah? sometimes i want to.. sometimes (like now), i think i can manage liao.. it only hurts when i feed with engorged boobs.. ha. i lazy.. wake up pump in the night.. and the next day feeding is -oh-my-god-de-pain!.. serves me right.. so i dunno if i want to spend $120 to get her back for another visit.. haiz.. maybe when i am one of the 'in the pit' moods again.. i wil sms her immediately lah.. 150ml? woo-hoo steady leh! how long past delivery has it been for u?yesterday i pumped only 70ml :S.. but seems like yu he at 3.4kg only needs that leh.. he happy to survive on 80ml for 4 hours leh! ehhh.. i am waiting for the growth spurt man..

gal: mild stuffy nose.. or cld be nothing.. that elias is having.. if it bothers u.. get some saline drops.. one drop into his nosestril.. before he sleeps/feeds.. was prescribed that by my pd for yu he when he was down with the stuffy nose.. when first born..

PY: Cheer up okie? We need to be strong for our babies. *Hugs* yar, my EBM very fishy (Chow chor bee). but so far, andre seems quite ok with it leh.

dreamygal: take care of yourself. Hope you and your babies recover fast fast.

Baby does not have a fixed schedule yet. Trying to catch his pattern is like trying to catch the stock market.Just when i thought we finally settled on something, it just goes haywire the next day. So far, i've been just breastfeeding on demand. He's putting on good weight. I think maybe when he hits 2 months, then i try to drill him to a schedule.

ok, going to mop the floor! Baby's stirring, looks like will wake up in the next 15 mins.

Good morning ladies!

Really couldnt do without my breastpads now. Every morning will leak like crazy if I didnt pump for the past 6 hours. This morning, got my highest record... 270ml from both breasts!

Jrrt>> Yeah, maybe by the time our daughters' turn for confinement, we will be even less strict with them. :p I am a cold drinks person but hv been controlling myself not to take them (also because my mum is strict in this sense, dont let me touch the food/drinks in the fridge except to put in the EBM). But hor, that day I popped over to the mall, it was raining on my way home (5 mins walk). I did carry am umbrella and was wearing a cardigan and long dress, is that considered caught in the rain? Was not drenched but because I was wearing sandals, my feet were wet.
sad.gif

PY>> Hugs to you. Where possible, try to take things easy and hv a rest when baby is napping. I remember I was also unsure of a lot of things when I had my first baby. Come night time was even more stressful as baby refused to sleep and was crying to be carried. Both hubby and I were totally exhausted. Looking back, I now tell my 6yo girl what she had been doing to torture Daddy and Mummy at that time and she questioned us now if she was really that "naughty". Haha ... Anyway, hv trust that it will be a passing phase. With time, you will find the baby more manageable and you will be able to tell what's wrong and how to pacify her.

Just to share, my boy tortured his daddy last night (or I shd say this morning). Refused to sleep after taking 120ml of milk. Cried so hard when being put down on bed and hubby was so tired. Woke me up, asked to be the human pacifier. So I put my boy on my breast and he suckled so hard for more milk before falling alseep for the next 4 hours. Sheer bliss for us, could hv some sleep finally. :p

Dreamygal>> Dont worry, you're in the AMK gang liao. PM us your mobile number for easy contact? Are you SAHM/FTWM?

wahh so many amk ah. sad sad *left out* :p

astro : a relief after reading ur post. won't rush to PD today then. Going to bring him for jab tomolo and will ask e doc there to check.

Dreamygal : oh dear..hope all will go back to normal soon.

manage to accummulate 120ml. (ya..accumulate...sigh...i see all of your figures on EBM...envy envy...)
today going to intro bottle to my boy. *nervous* hehe.. wish me luck. maybe 12midnight feed ask my hb to feed :p

baby acne :
i know its normal. but i c my boy's face a bit mo-peng i heart pain. is there anything that can be done? "other than put powder".

Hi mummies,
My son now 3weeks old. He like sleep side way which is left side. I found he sleep one side his head one side big & small. Any advise how to put him sleep both side so balance it. When I put him rite he angry and move back to left.

Hi gal^,

I am also facing the same problem as you. My baby also seem like having difficulty in breathing during night. I have checked with the doc and he mentioned to me is not a concern for the baby to have it during the 1st 3 months. But if the baby's face starting to change colour, then need to send to hospital asap. Else just breastfeed the baby as much as possible and try to make sure the house is cleaned.

For the baby acne, you can try to put some baby california cream. It helps for me baby.

Hi keroppi,

You can try to pop some pillows behind the back on the side that the baby that he less favour. If not can let the baby to sleep in yao lan

gal: my girl too had the same problem of so called baby acne. i put calendula cream on her from california baby (bought from overseas spree). could see good results day 1 itself!! you shud try it out.

I'm doing total BF for Riona. Haven't introduced bottle to her as yet. she's 6 weeks now. should i be introducing bottle to her now or shud put it off till later? the only reason i want to introduce bottle is that i have to travel in December..was thinking feeding her with bottle would be easier on flight - but again taking the EBM out may not be so easy....sigh!! lets see...

joyce/vin: thx..ah..so tht is what tht famous cream is used for. i onli bot the bb california shampoo & body wash. dang...n my cuz just came back from US.

does it work for heat rash as well?

vin : think as long as >1mth can intro bottle.

Vin: but direct latching helps to alievate the air pressure in ear canals better.. no? if confident of latching.. my humble opinion is direct latching is better. dun have to lug the pump there also!

gal: calendula cream can be used for a vaerity of purposes.. some of us here shd learn to spree.. then we can spree for ourselves.. hahaha. i always lombang spree from other thread.. now i have like 5 calendula cream and 4 desitin at home?! hahah. KS..
my boy already has the bottle from day 3
happy.gif

i'm beginning to dread bf-ing. i cant do my work properly. got to always remind myself to pump the milk. and everytime takes me 30mins. nevermind.. 1ml per min. total 30ml MAX.

what crap..

jrrt,
maybe your mil see u so agonized by not bathing for 12 days so hinting to u lor.
happy.gif

gal,
my boi have the exact symptons that u boi had but this is suppose to be very normal as almost every bb had it cos i read fm somewhere that bb have very small airways and our breastmilk got antibodies so he will heal after a short while. I will constantly clear his nose as well to make sure nothing is blocking it as bb cant dig his nose so we got to help him a bit. somestimes they sneeze becos of this reason cos itchy aro the nose area.

hi mummies!
Omg just ended my 3rd 2-hour afternoon latch in 3 days! I really hope its growth spurt and not cos of my lousy latch and her lousy suckle.

re: gathering at amk
I am not amk-ian leh... I bedokian!

dreamygal: you take care Okie... Be strong...Jia you!

Astro: I haven't got Doris bk yet...cos I also think sometimes I get it..Haha..and I do hear gulping if yuxi suckle properly sometimes and *touchwood* my nips are sore but not bleeding and no blisters (suspect its sore cos of my pumping)...also heartpain to spend another $120 to get her bk...maybe at the rate we are recommending her can get a free session? Haha I wish...

I'm in my 4th week nia.. 150ml is usually my middle of nite pumping amount. Last nite I yield 150ml at 2,30am but my 4.30am pump only yielded 80ml why ah?

astro you very hardworking to follow gf routine...I really dunno how to get bb to sleep through the nite...might be too late to follow the gf routine now or when my cl leaves...yuxi still waking up at 2 am and 5 am to feed..so I suspect might need to increase her bottle feed at nite from 120ml to 130ml or even 150ml. Also nowadays my 10.30pm feed can be 1.5 Hour long and yet can't last her more than 2 hours at nite..,maybe cos my breasts are not full at that time sigh...

astro,
wow u buy so many CB & desitin prdt. I using mustela barrier cream and it is such a big tube and i doubt i can finish it within the nx 3mths. tink the stk will tahan u for at least a year, i guess.

Oh the California bb calendula cream works very well!
happy.gif
can see that the little red acne is gng down just aft 1 day.

Siangjiao: you in amk too?
happy.gif

dreamygal: hope you and your babies all get well soon!

jus to chk w u all..my boy used to poo arnd 6 times a day. but the past few days he has been only pooing 3 times..is it normal as he grows? arnd 6 wks old now...

Aiyoh dun have much tine to reply.. Maybe tonight when hb is bk then I can sit down infront of the comp ha.. Typing frm my iPhone now. Btw my girl has been taking 80ml-100ml since 2 weeks ago. Now she's 4 week Liao.. Is it normal? But her intervals is still like 2-3 hrs..

Astro: ya she quite pro bf.. But initially when my milk not in yet she recommend us to give fm lo.. She cook the oysters for me to eat everyday in my mee sua.. So my milk really increased alot! I told my cousin who gave birth in sept and she says it works for her too!

So my cl feed her using bottle lo ha.. I miss her leh. I will def ask her to do my #2 for me... This time round not thru agent cos she can earn more
happy.gif

help,my bb i snw 18days old.he got constipation when during enfalac,so switch him to similac but nw his poo is like almost watery.sometime he furt also comeout with some poo,isz normal?when he drink enfaclac is very diff.to burp him n it become hip curps.but similar is ok only e diarrea

Sigh so sad lo .. I called my cl ytd night and she told me she starting work today!! Omg no off day for her.. She has a new baby to take care of Liao..
sad.gif
dunno why I feel kinda like I dunno how to describe lol.. I tell my girl auntie got new baby le.. Sounds like dun want us Liao. Haha!!

hey there ladies. just got back from late brekky at BK, diaper and wet wipes shopping at NTUC (got some good deals for pampers and drypers and pigeon wipes!), then chilled with my fav coffee at starbucks, got back and packed the stuff away, cleared my store room (again!!! dono how come can accumulate so much junk so quickly?? just cleaned it out before hari raya!) then Ana woke up for feed, pooed, so changed her, put laundry in washing machine and now taking a short breather while waiting for the cycle to finish. phewh!

<font color="0000ff">gal/bluesea/shugar/siangjiao/angie/aria jo</font>: thanks for all your lovely comments on Ana's pic!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">roxie</font>: oh, from pupsik.. love that online store too! owner is really very nice and helpful. got my belly bandit from her.
happy.gif
me too - am also using the poncho as pram cover, blanket etc etc i got it for $32.50 each and i really think it's worth every cent.

<font color="0000ff">ddnikz</font>: you and <font color="0000ff">PY</font>and <font color="0000ff">xoxo</font> are lucky to have gotten such wonderful CL. just think of all the horror CL stories who CMI.

<font color="0000ff">jRRT</font>: ^5! i think it's a powerful quotation!
happy.gif

that long sleeping record was a once off lar. she's back to feeding every 3/4 hours. in fact now seems to want to feed more. 1 boob used to be more than enough, but now she wants like 1 1/2 boob to be really satisfied. haha! SS decreasing or growth spurt lar i guess.. don care lar. as long as she's happy, i happy.
happy.gif

how do i cope? i oso dono leh. this one i go by NIKE's tag line: just do it. LOL! having some sort of a loose routines around the "essentials" help i guess? like breakfast, bath time, lunch, TV/play time, tea time, etc. the rest of the time just roll with the flow i suppose. that day i managed to get both kids to bed by 7pm. HEAVEN!! not easy la.. some days i fall behind schedule and my son sleeps later.. but more or less i try to follow that schedule that GF outlined. of course not on the dot though. i blogged abt it. you may want to take a look.. here's the link: http://www.contentedbaby.com/BabyandToddlerRoutine.htm

and when i do start to feel exhausted or i notice that adil is getting a bit unruly because he's getting so restless from inactivity at home, then i send him to my mom's lar, like today. i am lucky she stays pretty near to my place. and adil is more than happy to go to his grandparents' house cos he's usually there when i'm working anyways.

<font color="0000ff">bluesea</font>: i took the newborn package from kellysyjphotography. you can take a look at the different packages she offers. this is her website: http://www.kellysjyphotography.com/

i signed up for package B. actually a couple of months back some of us here got together and signed up for the package as a group.

don't need to go to the studio. kelly came over to my house with all the props. she's a very nice young lady. i'm full of praises for her and her ability to handle and soothe babies. sooo patient!

hey, glad that you had a good break!
happy.gif
sometimes a short break liddat is all we need to recharge and get re-energised to tackle more challenges. hehe

<font color="0000ff">ong</font>: steady ah! NIP without any cover! i think even if i dare, my hubby would freak. LOL! only time i dare go without my cover is in the car but that's cos i'm in the back seat and the windows in the back are really tiny and slightly tinted so am rather hidden.

<font color="0000ff">tien</font>: eh, can still take photos of yu xi even though not newborn what.. only thing is that now they sleep less lar so might be difficult to get them into those kinds of poses. even for Ana's i regretted not contacting kelly earlier cos so busy and forgot. by the time i did, her only free slot was when ana was exactly 3 weeks so a bit more chubby and not so tiny already. and harder to get her to sleep!

<font color="0000ff">siangjiao</font>: that's wonderful! have you received it yet? i hope you'll love it as much as roxie and i do
happy.gif

hahaha! i told you mommy emo looking at that photo! LOL!
biggrin.gif

<font color="0000ff">joanne</font>: WOAH! 6pm to 7am??! eh, really must share your secret leh

<font color="0000ff">aria jo</font>: kelly's da bomb lar!
happy.gif

eh don't give up lar.. give it a rest and then try again when both you and baby are calmer?? sometimes baby can sense your anxiety about desperately wanting her to latch her on so naia (hope i got your girl's name right..?) might be reacting to that. you can always try and try again. if she dowan, then just give ebm lar. which is also not a bad thing, must rem that ok? it's just more work for us. but it's the same good old bm for them babies. enjoy the experience either way ok? just rem: years down the road, our babies won't really care whether we managed to latch them on, or feed them ebm, or fm. but am sure they'll remember our spending good, quality, happy moments with them and feel our love. so don't despair, don't feel so helpless.. and don't cry yah? *pat pat* try to enjoy whatever experieces you have with naia okies? *hugs* *hugs*

<font color="0000ff">boi</font>: am not 100% sure about this but if i'm not wrong babies can see al colours but they see best when the contrast is greatest hence you have black, white and red cos these colours are really contrasting ie black/white and black/red. they can't see too far now also so go close to them when you talk to them so they can your face. they love looking at faces esp our eyes cos of the black/white contrast again.

<font color="0000ff">ddnikz/PY/funzee/vin</font>: *big hug* am so sorry to hear about the different challenges you guys are facing with your babies and that it's making you feel down. if i may offer some advise... do learn to let go of your fear and feelings of incompetence. babies can somehow sense it when the mommies are stressed, or anxious etc and they will react to it by fussing more. so learn to relax and be calm when you're around the baby. you'll be surprised at the result.

colicky babies are tough - i empathise cos my son Adil was a colicky baby too. we had many many stress-filled moments when his shrieks and screams filled the house each night till the wee hours. he'd scream til he was red and his body was all stiff and rigid. it was scary! and it was very difficult. i broke down many times too back then. and there were moments when i felt like shaking him hard to make him stop because NOTHING else seemed to work. but tell yourself this phase will pass... and feeling harried and flustered when your babies are in that state will not calm them.

when they start to fuss liddat next time maybe can try taking deep breaths first and try to soothe them as calmly as possible. try gentle swaying/rocking, slow pats on the back as you hold them up close against your shoulder, go shh shh shhhhh softly in their ears. can even try turning them on their tummies and place them face down against your thighs so that their tummies are a little compressed against your thighs might make them feel a little more comforted.

by no means am i guaranteeing that these methods will work, but worth a try..? i discovered (through reading and trial/error) that these approcahes/methods do work. at least they did with my son last time lar. so try..? and remember to tell yourself that this difficult period will pass and soon you'll have a happy, smiley, babbling baby.
happy.gif

oh, and try to get your hands on the Telon oil. it's good for wind in baby's tummy. i apply liberally after shower and use the oil to massage baby, paying special attention to their tummies. i also apply it on Ana's back and legs, especially the sole of her feet. helps to prevent wind from 'entering'. all the malay families with babies i know use this telon oil. even my bros grew up on this in the past. i dono where to get from in SG but i read somewhere that mdm rokiah sells them? in SG might be more ex. i always buy like 10 bottles or more when i go Batam. it's very cheap there. i think if not wrong like $1 a bottle.

<font color="0000ff">emily</font>: welcome to the oct thread
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">dreamygal</font>: oh dear. sounds like you had a really bad few days. hang in there k? and drink LOTS of water to rehydrate yourself. hope all 3 of you get better soon.

blue{astro}: you can look into the nursing poncho from the neck hole. it's wide enough for that. but quite cumbersome when you're first starting to latch and holding baby in one hand and guiding his mouth to the boob and holding your boob with the other hand. no more hands free liao to hold the neck opening to peep inside. so what i do is i pull up the poncho completely over the top of my head so that my head is also inside the poncho. get what i mean? once baby latch, then i come out lar. from then on, i can just one hand hold baby, one hand can pull neck opening to peek inside if need too. if not i just let baby alone. hope i make sense? there are nursing bibs/covers that have rigid neck openings so you don't need to use your hand to pull it open to se inside, but i don't like these kinds cos it only covers the front lar. if don't wear nursing tops then if you lift up your t-shirt or top, then your back will be exposed.

<font color="0000ff">baby acne</font>: i'm using CB calendula cream too. seems to help. can try this.

<font color="0000ff">blessedcyn</font>: milk that has been thawed should not be re-freezed. actually anything that has thawed cannot be put back in freezer. bacteria will multiply.

you asked about pigeon wipes earlier right? I got them for $9.50 for a pack of 3 from NTUC just now. maybe you wanna get from there. usually KP sells about $10..? and NTUC's usual price is $9.85. Not much difference lar unless you plan to really buy a lot and stock up.

<font color="0000ff">vodcarib</font>: yup, completely normal
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">PY</font>: sorry dear. i can't answer that cos now my girl latches on. but when i was having my massage sessions that time, my mom/hubby would bottle feed her and she'd normally drink about 80-100ml. week 1 was only about 70ml. then increased a bit in week 2. coming to week 3 was 100ml i rem. now i dono how much she drinks already. cos havent given her a bottle for a while. should start giving her again soon lar actually. must prepare her for days that i won't be around to latch liao.

ok, i think am done here... wah i started typing this reply at 3pm!! it's 4.32pm now?!! gah! haven't had my lunch yet!! better go before Ana wakes up again.

laterz~
happy.gif

famela,
wow, u r good ! other than astro, tink you r the next 2nd steady one who can remember and response to everyone accordingly.

Vin, yes, my bb born on the same day as yours. also at Mt A. Has Riona slept thru the night before? My baby has never done so! She typically wakes up 1-2 times per night, depending on when her last feed is.

I don't think my baby is colicky, more like her drinking pattern is non-existent! She can have a full feed of about 4oz and still want to drink 1.5 hours later! scary!

As for GF's routine, I'm aware of them and I tried one of them last week. The first day I was pretty successful, then it all went downhill after that! Sigh! Also found out recently that my baby is drinking more than she needs, so I was trying to cut down her intake, so was splitting the feeds. I think no use, she just needs to drink 30oz a day.

PY: think 4 weeks old can drink up to 120ml per feed. My bb was drinking 4oz per feed and sleeping through her full month party!

wow Famela! Really long post but great info.. mummy guru!

Hmm let me psycho hubby again to see if he keen in photoshoot...maybe mine not so newborn style lah..cos by then my yuxi will be quite big

dreamygal
goodness... u muz b hvg a v hard time wif ur babes! hope they recover soon.
happy.gif

bluesea
nxt time when it comes to my DIL/daughter's confinement, i sure wun b strict on them. its like we've been there, done tt, so can really empathise. I told my CL &amp; masseur; i am not gg to hv a #3 coz i hate confinement and the woes of handling a baby in the 1st mth. tts enuff to scare me off! then they reply, "Dun say too soon, u might end up wif #3 a few yrs later!" i hope not!

Vin
its ok to intro bottle to baby at 6 wks old now.
happy.gif
my girl juzb turned 3 wks and i am alrdy giving her the bottle once a day.

ong
hee, i think yeah, my MIL can sense my frustration so she prob tried to make me feel better by telling me she broke the rules 30 yrs ago.
lol.gif

Tien
b thankful tt the 2 hr latchings r in the daytime ok!
lol.gif

mine can do her marathon latchings ard MN! *faint*

blessedcyn
how long has the EBM been in the chiller when u decided u wanna freeze it? as far as possible, i think best is as soon as the EBM has been chilled, u may transf it to the freezer if desired? a couple of hrs shld b fine. i am not too sure abt it.

vodkarib
its norm for >1 mth old babies to hv less poo aft they turn 1 mth old.
happy.gif

famela
U r GOOD!!!! can type such a detailed posting!
happy.gif

my girl needs 2 boobs each time to be happy. and each boob needs 20 mins... so here u r, my marathon latching sessions. i get so fed up sitting in bed alrdy! i am waiting for her to shorten her latching timings! compared to her and my son, they r vastly apart. my son only needed 1 boob and took max 10 mins per latch while my girl here needs 2 boobs and minimum 20 mins per boob each time. aiyoh!

u managed to get adil in bed by 7pm? thats fantastic! mine only gets to zzz ard 10pm... now i only get to spend time wif him aft RN sleeps when she's done wif her milk feed ard 8+pm. v little time wif my son! feel so guilty! i promised him tt i'll bring him to a movie during the sch hols w/o mei-mei!
happy.gif
am lookg fwd to it.

gal^
i am not sure if this is applicable to newborns but i think the theory holds true. my 3 yr old son has mild sinus and at times he wld grunt and cough badly ard 3-5am. when we consult PD, he said tt babies/young kids' nostrils &amp; airways r narrower, moreover ard 3-5am, thats when the air is the coldest, thus we can hear grunting sounds ard this hr. this prob shld b gone as the child grows older when the airways grow "bigger". however, no harm to check wif the PD the next time u bring baby for vaccinations.
happy.gif

Jrrt: my marathon latching also replay from 10 to 12 for the past 2 nites!

Blessedcyn: my pd say if u want to freeze bm must decide within 24 hr...

gal^>> yah the smell is like our DHA pill.. so it's normal lah hor hehe..

Tien>> They only can help when baby is crying,, then they help to carry lor.. but bathing, feeding , changing diapers.. i'm doing all these myself.. i'm in the midst of training my hubby

jRRt>> yah too used to their prescence liao.. today i got no appetite for dinner at all. My MIL cooking sucks! she tried to cook the ji jiu that auntie used to cook for me often.. but she added sesame oil in it! i was like wtf ?! yucks it taste like shit. the soup was tasteless... fish is too dry and hard i think overcook.. i think the dish i ate most was the spinach..
sad.gif
my mom keep asking me to move back coz she said she's worried that i dun have the appropriate food to eat.. coz my MIL knows nuts abt confinement food and what to do what not to do.

Bluesea>> yeah i totally agree that it's a passing phase.. i used to help my auntie to look after my cousins when they were a baby.. and because i didnt spend 24/7 with them and i tot i'm ok with looking after them.. but now when i have my own baby i tend to think otherwise.. I know how to change diapers, feeding etc but sometimes it's really very diffiuclt to handle them when they become cranky.. hai .. mummy zhen wei da haha.

Re: Baby acne

My CL told me that some of the red patches that my girl has is because of my BM.. Sometimes when i feed her forget or didnt clean the face properly with wet towel. So she told me to apply powder on it and it will goes off.. but now i see my girl has some tiny littly bumps.. on the forehead as well as the cheeks and the ears.. Does the baby california cream helps? My CL told me that my girl has a sensitive skin.. so i didnt really dare to apply anything on her face except powder..

Vin>> I used fridge-to-go to bring out EBM
happy.gif
it's pretty ok leh.. Can get it from Tangs basement. Now they have discount for visa.. 5% discount. But at the same time, we gotta bring a warmer out.. but for me i think i'll just bring a normal cup and pour hot water in haha. so far we haven tried bringing out to shopping centres yet.. only to my mom place (during the full month celebration)

Astro>> I didnt really use my desitin cream leh.. only that time she got nappy rashes .. but the rashes didnt go off quite fast.. it took abt 2-3 days.. then CL told me it's too oily for her skin.. then now i'm using pureen .. (given by TMC) and i think it's so far so good for her. Cheap too! haha. calendula cream is for what one ah
? eh baby california and calendula cream is the same thing? lol!

Loke>> Cannot dread BF! Like that the milk ss will drop leh!...

Famela>> OMG! Your replies are so detailed haha thumbs up! :D:D

PY: your hubby should be able to help once the training is over so no worries... Your phase will pass soon.. While my turn will come after next Friday...

Seems like you are still on confinement diet? You are also on it for 40 days? After my CL leaves my mum will take over the cooking..

<font color="0000ff">hilo all.. a quick peep before moo-ing duty at 945.. just that i will watch miser give the bottle of ebm.. while i express. tired to sit there and latch.. weird mood..all of a sudden again. morning was good! afternoon so-so.. evening become like that.. just like my milk supply!

PY: california bb is the brand name.. in their product range got many other products. this calendula cream is one of their products..
ya.. miser also against using desitin all the time.. he says got chemical.. then funny.. at kkh. they prescribed another diaper rash cream for YH.. just in case coz i brought my desitin there after i realised they left him to sit in his own poo (*sigh).. they gave another brand. zinc oxide level 15%..desitin only 10%.. he said use theirs.. chey..

famela: roger.. wah. sounds like an acrobatic feat.. and very suana like :p

loke: chill lah. at times i also have this feeling.. esp with the endless latching.. jsut yesterday i was telling a fren and also to hippo that i dun see the larger purpose to all these latching.. sure.. bonding lah.. but i am a detached mother, remember? in a way,the two of us are quite alike so i can quite understand ur sian-ness.. but take pride that Angel is still true to her name.. when it comes to latching.. so work from there lah.. as per discussed via sms. heh.. my demonic boy. i am waiting for him to come to his senses.. haiz..
pumping is actually ok leh. but it is not fun when the yield is disproportionate to the time spent! with teng. it was more.. i dunno why.. but i used avent single then. this time more latching, more 'powerful' pump, more effort.. the yield is still miserable.. sometimes i read about other ladies producing so much and they still say not enough :)P) i get depressed big time.. :p i think i shd remmeber what madam rokiah told me.. 'dun compare with other mothers, all different, with different bbs'.. *chant to self infinite times*..
*Sigh*

ong: hey..we open two windows and read and post at the same tmie mah. so easier to reply to each post .. sometimes i get lazy.. and i dun do it :p

tien: not i good-lat leh.. just that the GF routine keeps me sane.. i cannot play by ear one. i go berserk not knowing what i need to do next.. i can't live in baby time.. not possile.. at least not for astro.. anyway. the GF routine is easy lah.. and noone is ever too late for a schedule to be put in place. it benefits everyone.. esp the bb
happy.gif

hey.. eh. when was yu xi born ah? just before yu he or what? i forgot liao..

** the colour of the words spell my mood now!</font>

How often does your baby latch on? My girl latches on for 35 minutes and refuses to let go. I ended up having sore nipples. Do you all encounter tha same problem as me? It has been so sore that for past 2 dAys i have been bottle feeding her.

Tien>> i not on confinement diet liao...
sad.gif
my cl left liao ma nobody to cook for me.. Today my mil cook normal dishes.. and it's already CMI..

Astro>> icic i still dun dare to use desitin.. hai who wants haha i sell to them coz i bought 2 tubes.. open 1 only. lol! so calendula cream is good for the baby acne la? hmm dunno if i should try..

oo i got milk monster. bottle feed #1 - 120ml. he gulp it all down with v lil pausing. tink if i have more than 120ml in the bottle he will still wallop.

loke : me know what u mean. my pump out sessions can even hit 15ml (combined). maybe can try PY's suggestion on oyster mee sua.

PY : everyday u eat oyster mee sua for breakfast? whole 30 days?

Back