Advice Needed. Embryo stopped growing

Evon21

Hi all, i first visited a gynae when tested positive for pregnancy and gynae said was 5 wks plus. Only able to see the pregnancy sac which is relatively small at that time. 2 wks later went back sac is growing well can see embryo and measured 6 wks plus but as it is too small, unable to hear heartbeat. Went back again today due to aching and pain. Doc cant detect embryo using normal scan, then found it while using vaginal scan. He said i should be in week 7+ now. Seems that embryo stopped growing and no heartbeat at all. He said this is a failed pregnancy. Asked if i wanted to do an evacuation immediately to stop the pregnancy or wait for 1 more week. Im seeking 2nd opinion tml and also waiting hoping that everything will be fine. Did anyone of you experienced the same? Im very worried and at loss now. Am i losing my first baby? Thanks to advise.

I'm sorry to hear this.
If I am in your shoes, I will seek 2nd opinion and wait for a week or so. I will also ask for hcg test as that will be an indication if the numbers start falling.I won't do d&c immediately as long as I feel that there might still be chance for a miracle.
I'm sorry that this is happening to you :(

Hi Blackcanary, hopefully dr tseng @ gleneagles will be able to help. Din go to him initially bcoz his charges are quite expensive and far from my place. This current gynae of mine did not do any test for me, and str away recommend me for d&c. Read reviews abt him is quite positive before going to him. Im really worried and hope that everything will be fine.

Sorry to hear this, try to talk to your baby, ask baby to be strong, if I was you, i'd seek the second opinion from another doctor, good luck.

Hi all, thanks for the concern. Went for 2nd opinion. Should be in my wk 8, but baby has stopped growing for 2 wks. This time could hear very very slow heartbeat. Doc said is -ve. Advised to go for d&c next week to clean up the uterus asap. I wasnt very devastated when i heard abt d&c as i was mentally prepared. I went to zhu sheng niang niang temple to pray, tears dropped automatically and i knew that baby cannot be saved. I have treat is as baby is not fated to be my child, will chao du for him/her after the surgery. Doc also advised us to try again 2-3mths after surgery. Im just wondering how painful will it be after the surgery, as doc only mentioned will have very bad cramping feel, which i dont experienced any menses cramp so far.

Personally I had experienced these x3..all stopped growing n without heartbeat..fetus was smaller den gestation size..
I went for DnC ...

Back