(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

shannonbaby
I think subjective leh, I walk a lot oso. Cheong shopping centre, go zoo... oso like tat leh. My #1, I dilated 1cm for 2 weeks, initially v happy, go walk and walk, end up my mom and I oso wait until neck long.
But yours 2cm, I think labour quite soon liao.

Hi Redrose

We go to the same gynae. Me too, having same problem as u. Although my EDD is last day of jan, but my bb already 3kg at 35wks! Seems that my bb's weight growth is exponential leh
sad.gif
I am very very depressed, b'coz I am also hoping so much for natural this time. My #1 also c-sec after failure to dilate from 20hrs of induction.

Tmr is my checkup again, very xianz.

mom2nat
saturday cannot lah, must wait up to 2 hours
initially i stupidly go mornings weekdays then go back to work after my appt, so dragging my feet. so 2 mths ago i changed to weekdays afternoons. 2pm+ appt, finish liao can go shop shop or go home early.
bo bian, take half day leave all the way lor.

pixie
My appts usually 9+, the waiting time not tat long, unless gyane went delivery ward.
I not working, but my hb is, so dun wan him to take leave lor. So make it Sat am. something I can't stand are the hbs who sit on the sofas. mah chiam all preg. So crowded liao, still no courtesy to give up the seats for other preg women.

I have like mensus cramp feeling liao wor ..... is it abt time??? btw icy i read magazine walk more, stimulate nipple and ML is one of those which will trigger labour wor ...... but i think at this stage we will Not think of ML hahaha .....

QQ, are you monitoriing frequency now? Is it more and more frequent. Any show or water bag leak? If not, maybe false alarm like last time? ;)

joyce
before preg, the size of womb is only abt a pear, and the location is at lower abs. So when u had menses cramps, it's only at that part.
Now with a baby inside, the womb has expanded to reach as high as your belly button, or even higher. So contractions (which feel like menses cramps) will be felt the whole area, not just near your privates.

icy
it's actually not the sperms. It's the semen that contains some hormone thing which may trigger labour. Plus husband's brother which is bumping against the cervix, also helps to trigger.

Here's what i found:
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/makeloveexpert/
in the last few weeks of pregnancy, love-making releases the hormone oxytocin into your bloodstream. Oxytocin helps your cervix to get ready for labour, and in very late pregnancy can trigger off contractions. Semen as well, which is rich in the natural prostaglandins that help the uterus to contract, could also help to start labour. This is perfectly safe if your pregnancy is progressing normally but your doctor may advise you to avoid making love in the last trimester of pregnancy, if you have a history of premature labour.

Why no one think of ML?! After bb born it'll be worse, so do whatever u can now!!

Chaye,
I enjoyed reading your birth story...esp the breathing part.. I tink I may have panic attack, jus like you... i guess keeping calm is the most impt at that stage... anyway, Congrats again!!!

Also CONGRATS to deerdeer...

Flynn/ Wendyg,
I oso would like to try natural w/o epi (if I can tahan the pain) but if my labour is gonna be 12 hrs or more, i don't tink i'll have the energy to TONG and push after such long labour.. will c how it go...

tmr going for my 36wk +5days check-up and c wat's the story now...

eh the cramp very mild type ..... not really strong
like wanna come mensus liao then kind of feeling

Good morning, mummies!!

Cannot sleep well... Got heartburn and cramps at lower area like QQ too. Experienced cramps these 2 days only... dunno is it dilating or bb engaging? The crampy feeling comes on and off. Today afternoon gg for checkup. Hopefully my bb gain some weight liao.

Good morning everyone... yawn... feel like gg back to bed.

When I look into the mirror, I feel my tummy "move" lower liao. Dunno isit illusion or my skin can't tahan the weight so drag down liao. Hee...

Morning mummies...
My tummy dun look that much lower to me...gosh..wonder how long more I have to wait..so tempted to go on maternity leave already...

Morning everyone,

first day staying at home although going to school to hand over my work later...
happy.gif

finally can come into the forum everyday before i pop..hehe

QQ,
I also have the same cramp feelings as u. but mine is constantly, been feeling the menses cramps like feeling for about 2 days, never go away and seems like the head of my baby is trying to push out like that.

my 'cramps' feel like menses "suan suan" feeling.. always hoped they'd build up to contractions, but dun hv ley. so wait sommore...

last night my feet swell until very very bad like elephant feet and the toes looked like mini-sausages. This morning can see it in my face.. swell until eyes so small. aiyooo

morning...

wow.. you gals are moving so fast. can't catch up.

think more or less decided that I will go for csect. thanks everyone for the advice.

Congrats to deerdeer...
happy.gif

terrier

how big was your #1? guess it's becos bb is too big, thats why cant dliate fully. i oso the same. bb was 4.2kg and i only dilated till 7 cm and stopped, end up csect. can understand your disappointment, wanted so much to try natural this time but yet can't. sigh...

WendyG, do you put your legs up to sleep at night? I tried doing it for about a week when I first had water retention. End up legs are just a bit swoleen but my fingers are swollen and joints are painful when I flex my fingers cos I can't put my hands up when I sleep. Gynae asked me not to take too much salt to help with water retention.

kitsune
i nvr had probs with water retention until now, wk 40. i drink abt 3l plain water a day. i love hot water.
maybe last night my dinner too salty. but then i drank a lot of water after that too.

nvrmind bb coming out soon. i can be ugly for a week. With my #1, i was bloated since 2nd trimester i think.

That's good, at least your water retention problem started late.
happy.gif
Exactly 36 weeks today, I still got 4 weeks to endure if BB really come out on EDD. It will probably get worse cos i love salty food. Hubby don't want to let me eat french fries liao. :/

hmmmmm i dunno leh .... i am praying not to come out so early .... afetr 9 jan is fine hahahah ..... cos will crash with CNY leh .... but do have that feeling ... crampy ... dunno is it wanna come out liao

Hi all,
Gave birth liao to a baby boy on the 31st Dec 07. Really can't "tong" until 2 Jan 08. By 30th Dec, can't tar han. Told my hubby, tommorrow ask gynae to take out. Then, went to bed and water bag burst!!!

kitsune, I also like to eat french fries. Been having craving for pizzas and fast food through the pregnancy. Kekeke. But like wendyg I also like to drink hot water, maybe that helps the water retention a fair bit, coz I drank a lot of hot water during the first 2 trimester, only now then I start to drink a bit of cold drinks, or rather a lot of cold drinks and coffee. Cannot tahan the temptation already. I get water retention, but they are at my toes, can be very painful.

But I realised now that I am expecting, I am very sensitive if the food is very salty. Strangely, I dont find fries as salty as some of the food we eat outside. The other day, I ate dinner with my hubbie, half way through I felt like I was floating. He was telling me, some pple feel like that if the food has a lot of MSG.

4 more weeks to go for me too. So sian. Feel like going out, past few months when stomach not so heavy, I still dare to go out shop shop walk walk alone, now none of my friends wanna go with me and then my mum also say better not. Feel like a prisoner at home.

Congrats to Blackbatz!

For the past 2 days, I have a bit cramps and more tightening... but still no news.. SO Boring!!

wendyg,
Oic.. so it is the semen. I told hb abt ML can dilate faster then he was like give me that "My 'army' is not for that purpose" look. Anyway I also no mood leh, how to with such a Big tummy.. hahaha.

wendyg
Aiyo, your water retention sounds bad. I oso dunno wat can helps, except drink more water!

angelsky
Aiyo, still got 4 more weeks you dun go out, This week I guai guai at home until I quite buay tahan liao. Luckily tmrw my schedule v packed can go gai gai, or else I think I peng san!!
Oh my fren gets sleepy when there's too much MSG in her food.

I think I gg to get coconut juice later... yum yum...

Icy
My hb say he dun wan to poke other pple's head. Anyway I feel like a kangaroo now if I ML, so better hibernate lor.

mom2nat
yes i'm drinking more water now. water yum yum.
my husband phobia that bb's hand come out to grab him, so he refuse refuse refuse for the past few days. Everytime doc appt she said "bb is EVEN LOWER!" he a bit freak out.

But i zero dilation ley, bb's hand how to come out.

Good morning ladies.

Have not sleep well last nite. Drunk pepsi when watching tv and the caffine make me insomnia for the whole nite.

Re: Backache

I think this is the syntoms of late pregnancy. Cos ia also experienced backache. Till now still dun have any syntoms of labouring.... Can i ask is loose stools one of the syntoms?

wendyg,
haha dunno what he try to say.. He scared that he will hurt me and Bb, then he come out with lots of werid reasons.

mom2nat,
I also buay tahan. Tomorrow is weekend, heng.. then can plan to go out with hb..Else I lazy to go out alone too.

Mom2nat, my hubby say the same thing le, later poke bb's head. kekeke. I also very sian, been rotting at home this whole week already. Count down also no mood. Think I will jalan jalan in town later, else I think I will go mad.

During confinement, I highly doubt I will be able to tahan staying at home, but because bb will need a lot of attention, so even if wanna go out also cannot "fang xin".

haha, Wendy, your hubby very funny, scared BB's hand grab him. LOL
happy.gif
My hubby also no mood since I preggie. He scared will affect BB no matter what gynae says. :p

Wendyg,

My doctor also tell me the same thing every week when i visit him. Ya the BB head is nearly engaged!!! But till now still haven lor.... I understand how ur feeling is like.

morning all (",)

Congrats blackbatz!

i also experience mild cramps ard my belly button area yesterday, tightening & hardening of tum tum & stomache feeling, wanna go toilet pass motion & my piles getting worse BiGGer...shan dong peanuts!!!
sad.gif

Back