(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

i am standing by epi .... wanna try not to use see how 1st hahaha ....

Chaye congrats!

Oh i book the lady for post natal no deposit required oso

Luvv / kitsune
I prefer the normal xiao long bao. I find the crab ones got a smell leh. But hor, I think crystal jade ones nicer. Hee.... I v bo liao liao, I can go there just to eat xiao long bao.

qq
i've been excited since i was 37wk, mid dec. now is neck long long. a bit sianz liao.
feeling now = legs v tired coz been walking a lot past few days.

<font color="aa00aa">congrats to mylife!! mylife deliver via c-sect?
and congrats again to chaye! enjoyed reading ur birth story...</font>

<font color="ff0000">POP LIST!!</font>
<font color="0000ff">pls let me know if I've any info incorrect/missing</font>
<table border=1><tr><td>S/N</TD><TD>nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual DD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hosp</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB name</TD><TD>BB Wt/Ht</TD><TD>Delivery Type </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>split (split)</TD><TD>07-Jan-08</TD><TD>15-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Ang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>1.875kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>sassy (sassymum)</TD><TD>22-Jan-08</TD><TD>15-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Danelle</TD><TD>2.215kg</TD><TD>C-Sect with GA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>anbrasia_ma (anbrasia)</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Dec-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>JanBB</TD><TD>16-Jan-08</TD><TD>19-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Tan Hang Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>2.41kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Tattybaby</TD><TD>17-Jan-08</TD><TD>21-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jia Xuan</TD><TD>2.515kg/49cm</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Yen (yen2007)</TD><TD>05-Jan-08</TD><TD>22-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Celleste</TD><TD>2.96kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>jenie_1979 (jenie_1979)</TD><TD>10-Jan-08</TD><TD>22-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Felicia</TD><TD>2.845kg</TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>violetIce (violetIce)</TD><TD>11-Jan-08</TD><TD>24-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Ian Ng</TD><TD>3.6kg</TD><TD>C-Sect </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>bebe_yan</TD><TD>02-Jan-08</TD><TD>24-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.6kg</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>3rascals (june06)</TD><TD>17-Jan-08</TD><TD>25-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jermayne</TD><TD>2.53kg</TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Janet Yeo (janetyeo)</TD><TD>18-Jan-08</TD><TD>26-Dec-07</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Jeriel</TD><TD>2.85kg</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>eRnMum (bluerose)</TD><TD>18-Jan-08</TD><TD>26-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. June Tan</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Eddric</TD><TD>3.155kg</TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>michelle (sepsurprise)</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Dec-07</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD>3.71kg</TD><TD>Natural </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>chaye</TD><TD>11-Jan-08</TD><TD>29-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Tate Chan</TD><TD>3.73kg</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>elmo_78 (elmo_78)</TD><TD>08-Jan-08</TD><TD>29-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Amamda</TD><TD>3.1kg</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>cherynn lim (chercher)</TD><TD>17-Jan-08</TD><TD>31-Dec-07</TD><TD>Dr. Wee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD>3.75kg</TD><TD>Natural with epidural </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>mylife</TD><TD>17-Jan-08</TD><TD>03-Jan-08</TD><TD>Dr. Chua Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rylee</TD><TD>3.3kg</TD><TD>C-sect with epidural</td></tr></table>

<font color="ff0000">Jan-08 EDD List!</font>
<font color="0000ff">mummies-to-be, with EDD due this week!</font>

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>NICK</TD><TD>EDD (2008)</TD><TD>GYNAE</TD><TD>HOSPITAL</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>G Tan (gtgt)</TD><TD>01-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>deerdeer (deerdeer2)</TD><TD>03-Jan</TD><TD>Prof YC Hong</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Twinkletwinkle (polosportjg)</TD><TD>04-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. YC Goh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>wendyg (wendyg)</TD><TD>04-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Thks for the update, Mei. I remembered your gynae also same as mine, Dr. SF Loh, KK TPS. When's your EDD?

wendyg
I know tat neck long feeling. #1 engaged at 37 weeks, I dilated 1cm at 38 weeks. Gave birth close to 41 weeks!! At first v excited... soon become impatient!
Ay, you due tmrw liao...

Chaye
Heee... you are so comical.
happy.gif
Your bb v big hor, lucky not natural, dunno will tear the previous wound or not.

Mom2nat, close to 41 weeks? O my. For me, close to 41 weeks means CNY.

Icy, mylife now shivering? Tot her c section was this morning?

Angelsky,
Her operation was at 1.30pm. She told me she is shivering ard 3.30pm. Dunno how long this will last.

wendy my leg oso very tired ... gynae ask me to walk more .. the more i walk the more hungry I am hahah then she ask me dun eat too much let baby be hungry haha so she will come out early hahahah ....

wowwwwwwwwwwww Congrats mylife .... Rylee is 3.3kg! hmmm now i scare .... my baby is 3.1kg so i cant eat too much liao ... wait i will have difficulties in giving birth

mummies here..

i am in dilemma.. gynae told me if i dun go into natural labour this weekend, either i induce on monday or go for csect anytime next week. bb is now est 3.5 kg, if i waited for another week, bb will be too big to go thru natural. fyi, my 1st bb was deliverd thru csect and my concern now is if i go for induction, i am afraid that my uterine will rupture. wat do you think i shld do? go for induction or csect???

wendy

ITA with u... the food in Din Tai Fung is overrated. the crab roe xiao long bao is too "jer lat" i only ate a few and felt like puking... i personally dun like the xiao long bao there. feel tat the crystal jade shanghai xiao long bao is nicer.
happy.gif

kitsune

she told me 1hr only lei and furthermore charge me $390... felt so short-changed.
sad.gif

redrose: i personally felt if u been thru c sect, go for it agn. maybe more safer for u if u are worried tat your uterine rupture. What do your husband think? All the best in your decision.

icy
i had the shivers abt 24hr after my op. then went away. not as bad as puking/ nausea/ dizziness, which i din hv.

red rose
my #1 was via c-sect too. so this time, gynae said cannot induce liao. either natural or c-sect.

flyn

hubby leaves the decision to me wor..

wendy

i really hope i can go for natural but seems like i am left with no choice.

i think c sect better ,..... cos u opt induce .... and lata cannOt Gotta c sect will be a double charge liao wor ... my frd oso like tat

congrats deerdeer!!!

i was told by the nurses in mt E not to feed newborn with plain water even when she's having hiccups. my bb is on tbf and is not so heaty. if ur bb is on FM then you might wanna check with ur PD if they can drink water anot.

Hi MTBs

Sorry to interrupt. I am a Sept mummy and hv stopped pumping. Selling off the following pump for $200:-

Ameda Lactaline Electric Dual Pump
Used from Sept - Dec 2007
In good working condition.
c/w manual
Throwing in one box of Gerber Seal&amp;Go Milk bags (25 pcs in sealed box)

Genuine buyers pls SMS 98803960

Thank u
kao_happy.gif

Sassy, maybe she say 1 hr 10 mins including set up time etc? I also not sure. When are you starting your massage? Maybe can ask her when she comes? She charge Icy $370 right? Even cheaper than mine. Anyway, I still not sure to take package or pay per session cos don't know if take the 7 day package, whether it will overlap with my other package. But of course package will be cheaper by about $7 per session.

Congrats! deer deer on the arrival of your bb boy! Share your birth story leh.
happy.gif
The KK lactation nurse said NB who are BF, don't need to drink plain water at all.

Congratulations to deer deer and mylife!

After reading the posts here, I think I am anxious but also scared at the same time. Wonder when is my turn... wonder when, where and how will my delivery come about.

Btw, am i the only one here who is still busy at working, walking up and down? I actually quite envy those pregnant ladies at my office. They get to sit down all day long. For me, I have walk here, there and everywhere. I hope all this walking will help me with my delivery....

Questions about introducing bottles...

I just got an sms from my friend who gave birth about 2 months ago. She introduced bottle feed to her baby yesterday. N today, her baby didn't want to latch on. She is quite upset as it's usually the baby doesn't want the bottle, and not the mummy. Anyone has such experience/ suggestions on what she can do?

sassy &amp; kitsune_sg,
I was told the massage was abt 1 hr too. Anyway will know again when I let her massage.

My friend comment was: Good thing about her is that she will access you .. and if she thinks that you dun need 7 sessions, she will tell you to take 5 or less sessions. She like her, not pushy and very friendly &amp; give alot of advice too. Payment is flexible.

Anyway, I am not promoting her lah. Only will know when I let her massage. Sassy, when are u starting?

wendyg,
Seemed like shivering is a common side effect, Yeap as long as no vomit then not so bad.. else cant even eat.

kitsune/icy

im starting the post natal massasge on 21st jan, after danelle's full month celebration. on the other hand, im scared tat the wound is not fully heal yet. actually, the post natal massage is more for relaxation than anything else cos i already lost all the weight 1 week after birth.

my galfren started her massage about 2 weeks after her e c-section le, so when I saw her 1 week before bb man yue, she already lost all the weight. The only thing that plague her now is the dark pigmentation spots, that she has on her tum tum wo.

I think what Luvv meant is that after tonight, she check in hospital deliver then when she goes home, it will be eating confinement food only. So tonight is the last time she get to eat "real" food. kekeke. So excited for her, tomo she will have her ger ger in her arms.

Icy, sounds good so far. Anyway, glad she's available to do for me, that's most importantly. Some masseurs are charging $500+ for package. So her rates are still considered reasonable.
happy.gif

AhCapp, could it be nipple confusion? Heard that babies may prefer the bottle cos they don't need to work as hard to suckle as hard as compared as latch on. Maybe, can ask your friend to continue trying to let BB latch on? Maybe, the experienced MTBs can advise?

Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since I post here.
Just came back from my 37th week checkup and i am already 2cm dilated. Both my husband and I were very surprised. Gynae says my baby should be out by next week even though my EDD is 23rd Jan. Feeling so nervous nw cos didnt expect it to be so fast and furthermore I am not prepared yet. Hope to pack my hospital bag by tonite.

Can I ask experienced mum whether is it true that I am deliver anytime?? I really hope not cos totally not prepared yet.

violetice,

im engaging hardial, recommended by icy. she told me tat c-sect mommies can start massaging anytime after 18 days. i think the timing varies and differs frm individual masseurs. you might wanna call ur masseur to check with her or alternatively call yr gynae and ask.

re: massage lady
i'm very headache dunno which one to book.

re: stretch mark
i have been using Galenic stretch mark cream.but start from 8mths my stretch mark start to appear and now getting worst.

last night unable to sleep due to tummy tigtening till have difficulty in breathing. till now i still having that. is it a sign of labour?

sunday start from 5am i have every 3hr cramp till monday 2am and follow by every 2hr cramp. call up my gynae and went to see him immediately. but was told that was not contraction cos contraction should be ard belly button area and every contraction will only last den 1min. he only scan my baby and didn't say much. can anyone of u tell me how contraction like and normally the cramp is at where? i always thot contraction is like menses cramp and is very near our pte part.

i'm now 37weeks and have difficulty in breathing and walking cos while walking sudden have sharp pain at my pelvis, tummy tigthening up to difficulty of breathing, need to run for toilet to pee frequently, swollen legs and backache.

r all above symptoms of labour?

sassy,
If i get induced and managed to deliver naturally then maybe my massage will start earlier than you.

BTW, did u do total breastfeed initially or you did have to feed ur ger with some FM first? I worried that I might have to do so, becos I read that GD bb get hungry once born due to high insulin production while in mummy tummy.

Wonder if it will make it harder to bf.

Joyce, I have all those symtpoms too and I'm only 36 weeks. Don't think they are symptoms of labour. Probably symptoms of late stage pregnancy especially breathlessness, frequent urination, backache etc.

split,

has yr bb taken the BCG jab already? my pd says can only jab danelle when she reaches 2.3kg or more. now im comtemplating should i hold the full month celebration for her anot as she has yet to jab. dun wish to expose her to so many people w/o any anti-bodies... dilema *sighz*

violetice,

im scared tatz y i scheduled it on the 21st jan which is 5 weeks after birth. how's ur recovery so far? walk more as it will heal faster.

icy,

yupz... pls keep me posted and see if she is really tat good. hehe
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Wow shannonbaby, gd for u...can standby to pop. my edd same as yours and tmrl will be my 37wks check up at gynae's clinic to c if bb has engaged. Since u r 2cm dilated, u've gotta wait for the "show" aka active contraction/waterbag burst/blood/mucus plug discharge. All the best
happy.gif
</font>

Hi kistune,

I also think it could be nipple confusion. She sounded a bite upset as she felt that her baby is rejecting her after her introduced the bottle.

breathing difficulty and walking with aches..

I think this is normal. Nowadays, when my baby rest his butt on my tummy, I can barely breath. Sometimes, I just have to get up and stand while eating to make myself breath better. The aches are just part of my life already. =P Now he seem to be sitting on my left thigh, so I can definately feel the ache

RE:popping earlier
Was talking to a friend abt how to make myself poping earlier so that i dun need to be induced.. then she suggested some ideas
- talk to BB.. talk more and tell him to come out.. lol
- walk a lot more
- climb up and down the stairs
- exercise pretending u r playing a hula hoop
- stimulate ur nipples
- ML! Says sperms help in dilation (how true is this??)

Mmm.. seriously thinking how true is the last option.

Joyce,
I also have all your symptoms, including baby giving painful kicks and making my tummy out of shape. But then seemed like still nothing.

icy,

I think the walk a lot more will help. I read somewhere that walking will help the baby get into the correct position for birth. =)

ML is the last thing on my mind right now actually. My mind is filled with unfinished work and anxiety, worry about the delivery. =) My poor hb is becoming a monk very soon! *LOL*

ic kitsune. so its just symptoms of last stage of pregnancy. hoping bb to pop as soon as possible cos feel so comfortable. but after that pop, will be going to miss all the kicks and movement when bb in our womb... so mao dun...

icy, i remember i read an article saying that sperms can help in dilation. so maybe u can consider. hehe....

icy,

i agree that walking alot helps.
I have been walking alot in school for the past 2 weeks. maybe thats why i am 2cm dilated liaos..hehe

Back