IVF doctors - Dr Kelly Loi and Dr SF Loh?

jhlove

Hi, I'm looking to do IVF. I'm currently considering two doctors Kelly Loi at Mount E Orchard and SF Loh, medical director at TMC.

I like them both in different ways. Dr Kelly is very understanding and was curious about me and my husband, and is detailed.
Dr SF Loh, on the other hand, seems very experienced and confident at what he does although he doesn't ask a lot of questions and everything is done pretty quickly.

But the cost difference in consultation and even ultrasound scan between the two doctors is very big. (Dr Kelly's scan was doubled the price of Dr Loh's clinic).

I'm not sure if the cost differs for first time visit and then will be lowered in following visits for Dr Kelly? Can anyone with experience of the either doctors advise pls? (How much it cost for regular scan and normal consultation in repeated visit?)
I'm not sure if Dr Loh's prices are just more reasonable but financial side of things do make a big difference so I'm really contemplating. Thank you so much for any advice.

TMC Repeated consultation is 100, scan is 100, weekend surcharge is 30. Do note, Dr Loh is very straight to point, to some ppl, it may sound hurtful. And will need some chemistry to click with him. He will not say much during each visit, basically you just got to trust him and follow his instruction. Hence very fast consultation, within 5 to 10min, you be done.

Thanks @joysl82 I feel TMC prices are reasonable even on first time visit. I heard he is very to the point and doesn't talk much but also heard Dr Loh has "magic hands"?
But is it true that wait time for him is like 2-3 hours? Is that the normal wait time even at Paragon where his IVF center TMC is located?
(Not his private clinic but ivf one)

Normally wait time is abt 1-2hrs for me for weekdays. Weekends can be 2-3hrs I think. So far 80% of my trips can be done within 1hr.
How magic he is I do not know as he does not work well with me and my hubby. We decided to change after 1 round of IVF with Dr Loh.
There are clinics around which charge similar to TFC/TMC.

Normally wait time is abt 1-2hrs for me for weekdays. Weekends can be 2-3hrs I think. So far 80% of my trips can be done within 1hr.
How magic he is I do not know as he does not work well with me and my hubby. We decided to change after 1 round of IVF with Dr Loh.
There are clinics around which charge similar to TFC/TMC.
I see, I read many good reviews about him but I also felt he lacks the personal touch. Thank you for your honest opinion!
I do like Dr Loi's style and the way she communicates but haven't seen many reviews about her.

Back