(2007/01) Jan

Hi zenn,

If the spotting still continue, go n see ur gynae to make sure everythink is ok. Try not to move around too much & rest more.

During my 4th wk, I oso got spotting. the gynae put me on mc for a wk & give me hormone tablet to take to stabilize the embryo. so take care of urself.

Minidach,

Guess it normal to feel guilty that we are not eating well for the bb. I oso feel that what I'm eating now oso not very healthy. but no choice coz I dun have the appettie at all. make it up during the 2nd trimenster.

My sis told me her co-worker having MS throughtout her pregency. can only take bread & cracker. she will throw up everything if she eat other things... Hopefully, none of us will experience this at all...

hi Zenn,
Congrats.... Gd to see you moving from TOT to here! hahhaa.... you are the same as me leh... 7 weeks coming 8 liao. Btw, I have brown discharge initially too, then rest at bed for a few days, now stop. So juz go see gynae, tell her abt it and probably taking more hormones pill to stable it.

Doggiebebe,
I'm oso taking annum maternal, but now stop while. coz everytime after drinking will vomit like that... so when MS start better then continue ba.

Btw, how long is the next visit to gynae? Mine was 1 mth.... i need to wait very long... sometimes oso will worried

Hi minidah, jas & msn,

I called up my gynae n wento down to clinic to take hormones pill. Will be seeing him tonite.

You gals signed up package liao?

Msn, thanks! I am quite shocked too hee

msn, b4 drinking annum, i oledi feeling vomiting after woke up every morning, now started to drink oso feel the same lor. At the beginning, the visit to gynae shd be 2 weeks once, then after stable is once a month.

Hi all,

Am new to this thread and am diagnosed to be 4 weeks pregnant by my gynae yesterday. EDD is on 24 Jan 2007. Excited!!
kao_love.gif
I dun experience any discomfort at the moment though. Guess it is still very early huh?

Nice to meet you all!! I have been reading your posts and find them very interesting.

Zenn, am not trying to be busy body but I think you should seriously go and see a gynae. Do take care!!

doggiebabe,
Y'day I weigh, now 1.1kg heavier liao.
Why so fast. I rem one of friend, 6 mths still cannot notice she is preg leh.
Now, i cannot even wear my jeans which I just bought few weeks ago leh... oh no...

Hi zenn and bluegrapes,
welcome..

Guess i should go see gynae soon! thinking of going to Adrian Woodworth in sengkang near my place tomorrow.

bluegrapes, congrats to u. 24 jan ka, then u will still on confinement during cny lor.

bluesky, wow 6mths oso cannot notice. me also de same, feeling tighter when i wear my pants leh.

hi bluegrapes
haha yeah don't have to go visit during cny

i think my 1 mth shd be up by the time cny comes, but never mind la- extend a bit hor? i hate visiting relatives i am not close to

hi doggiebebe
i start my day having flat tummy. by the end of the day, if i am wearing a fitted knit dress, i look positively round and pregnant sigh...better wear all our favourite clothes while we still can, gals!

Thanks for your warm welcome gers!! :D

Oh yeah, now that you gers mention, I dun have to go around visiting during CNY since am still under confinement. Hooray. I hate the routine visiting process.
happy.gif

So our babies should be born in the year of dog instead of piggie since our EDD are before CNY.
happy.gif

doggiebebe,

cny on 18 feb..oh i think i still in confinement too, anyway guess i still look fat dun think i want to go visiting too.

bluegrapes,

Congrats to u. During my 4th wk, I oso dun feel anything. but on the 5th wk, start to get naesea n no appettie during meal time..

Not to worry, u may not experience this. Every pregant woman is diff..

zenn,

so you are seeing 2 docs too? How you find Dr Woodworth? I decided to see him cos he is near my place... i am staying at sengkang. just trying him out... i wil be going to see 2 gynae, KS me!

doggiebabe,
yalor, I met her again when she was in her 3rd trimester. then can see a small tummy. But her baby when born quite tiny lor.
During CNY, the confinement lady will be ex for sure.

Hi all,
even if my confinement over, i definitely will refuse to go visiting... Heck care abt the angpow my baby will collect... i do not want people to see me in that shape!!

another question i am in doubt... how to know to choose male or female gynae?

minidach,

How are you feeling now?? Are your MS getting better already??

Milderina,

How is your cough getting on? Do you cough alot esp in the nite time?

Thanks for the info Jas
happy.gif
It will be my 5th week after this weekend. Hope my morning sickness would not be too bad.

Yah hor...gosh...think my relatives will definitely visit me during CNY since they are so excited over the new-born baby (this is the first baby in my family for that generation). I will be in such an ugly shape..oops...uhm....

I wonder if it would be difficult to scout for confinement lady since it is during CNY period. And wonder how much more to pay..uhm...

Bluesky, it really depend which gynae you are recommended to go for. I have got three recommendations from friends and one of the gynaes recommended is a male doctor. I prefer a female gynae but this is juz personal preference.

Hi Gals,

i'm new here. Just found out me preggie recently too.
happy.gif

Hi Zenn,
nice to see u here too leh....hehe....so u abt 7 weeks liao ah...no wonder quite some time no see u at the ttc thread.

Have u seen Dr Adrian? i will be going down to see him tomor....1st appt. quite excited.

next yr CNY in feb ah!....that means baby still a doggie baby la......like tat our maternity leave loo gi leh....think quite a no of holiday during that time right??

me get hungry easily...sometime even can sleep halfway thru the night n wake up to eat something....terrible...do u gals experience menstrual liked cramp/ache/pain? i keep having now n then le....n the past 2 days have very slight brown discharge too.....get so worried that i test with the test kit again.

Hi Janice,
Errr... we chat b4?

Hi Janice & bluesky,
Dr adrian give me 1 wk MC because of the spotting and I am supposed to go back to see him next week.

Did a ultrasound - saw the water bag n the baby is like one dot only hee He says could be 5 wks only so I also abit blur now.

Find Dr Adrian ok and price reasonable but SK branch always very crowded so ve to wait quite awhile. Also, find the consultation quite fast - not sure if this is the norm so I am thinking of visiting another gynae too.

Bluesky, which other gynae you planning to see?

hi jas
i'm still pretty much the same- nausea most of the day. i finally managed to eat some fish for lunch today (er though deep fried). but only managed to eat sandwich for dinner

hi janice and bluegrapes
i also felt fine in my 4th/5th week. in fact even b4 i found out i was pregnant i was always hungry and had a lot of cravings. was worried i would be FAT even b4 my last trimester. well, in my 6th week now and morning sickness has finally arrived

hey don't be worried though, cos not everyone will be hit. my sis was one of the lucky ones. she got through 2 pregnancies without feeling sick much

eh yah hor! even if we get to escape the cny visitations, relatives will still come a-knocking right! sigh!!!!!

hey milderina
everything ok with u? feeling better?

Hi mummies,

Joining in...edd is 24th Jan 2007, this is my 2nd one. If it follows my 1st one, I shld deliver 2 weeks before EDD. Actually my 1st checkup not so soon but today realise hv slight brownish discharge so went to see my gynae. Gynae said becos I hv carry my gal too much, sigh, how to avoid when she still wants me to carry.

In my 5th week now, turning 6th week this sun lor. so far appetite still ok, scared MS coming soon, hv a real bad one during my 1st one.

dun think I can get away from CNY visiting cos for sure relatives will come and visit me and see my newborn.

congrats to janice n yingzi. when is ur edd janice? yingzi, how old is ur first kid?

one of my fren after confinement can get even slimmer than b4 she is pregnant. Just in one month. really hope that we can get back to our shape in a month too hehe.

Hiya Girls, 2 days no log in le. hee hee....my MS is getting better now but appetite still bad. N i think i have constipation =(.

Actually hor although our EDD is early Jan hor, there might b a possibilities we have Dec Babies leh. Cos hor my gynae tell mi hor, actually there baby is already ready 3 weeks prior to EDD. For my case is between 20 dec to 21st dec............

btw, any one ard 6 to 7 weeks still feeling a bit crampy huh? I think i still a bit crampy leh.....dunno is it becos of my constipation or wat.

Good morning gals,

My spotting stopped yest afternoon but back again last nite. Gynae gave me 1 wk MC. Actually what caused spotting?

Gals, can I check did your gynae prescribe iron pills for you? My gynae prescribed for me but my gf gynae should usually taken after 3 mths. Confused...

milderina, ard 6 to 7 weeks i do hv crampy leh. oh u r having constipation ka. then u must eat more fruits n veges la.

zenn, there can be many reasons for pregnant lady to hv spotting. diff ppl has diff causes too. some due to implantation bleeding, infection n some unknown too. due to increase of blood supply in the cervix, we might spot too after an internal exam or sexual intercourse. If spotting occured, i think we shd stop exercising and rest lor. n remember not to lift heavy objects.

zenn,
my gynae did not prescribe iron pills for mi. only some vit B6 and folic acid. the B6 is to help in my morning illness.

doggiebebe,
yeah lor, now very uncomfortable.

Hi zenn,

Not to worrie too much. Just take more rest, dun walk too much & too fash. Take ur pills faithfully. Just be careful & thing will be okie.

During my 3rd & 4th week, I oso have spotting on off. The gynae put me on mc for 1 wk n gave me medicine to take. For my case, he said that my pregency still not that stable n I walked alot & too much..

zenn,

ya we did chat b4. i remember we were discussing which gynae to go to etc.

Is your brown discharge alot or only slightly? everyday?

I just see my gynae. can only see the water bag abt 6mm.....so small....so cute le.....he say abt 5 weeks preggie. i mention to him that the last 2 days, i have very slight brown discharge and then yesterday, i saw a spot of pinky discharge. He say not stable....n give me some vitamins n also hormone pills to stabilise n told me no exercise/carry heavy load n if still have discharge after 2 days then call him. i so scare n worried when i heard tis......he ask me to go back see him 2 weeks later

i have actually booked a japan trip this comiung jul. dunno if sill can go anot. going to ask him next appt...if really cant then bo bian liao....forgo my deposit ba. baby more impt

yo doggiebebe,
my gynae no tell me EDD...but i saw fr the scan, its 25 jan. it will change slightly as the baby grow right?

hey minidech
i also keep eating cos i get hungry very fast le. also scare i will gain too much wt consider now only 5 weeks.

thinking of buying Anmum chocolate flavour. anybody taking it? nice? i hate those milk powder smell le....now drink fresh milk only.

hey gals,

my colleague told me can start buying maternity wear now since the GSS already started. but is it too early?cos we still dunno the size right....unless its free size.

Hi MTBs,

Can I join 2? I am so glad to find this thread of Jan MTB. I went for my 2nd checkup, heard the heartbeat & was told EDD 12Jan.

Am feeling very miserables with all the MS, spotting and cramps, glad to hear that we are share the same. found u gals very comforting. I tin my hub is tired of hearing me complained abt my spotting and cramps already liao.

Milderina, i think I am the same timing as you. I am now starting my 8wks and was told that the EDD might change to late Dec, its depends, now 2 early to tell.I hope we won't get kick out of this thread if we found that out later .
kao_confused.gif

Hi gals,

Wow all so free ya. I am so bored for keep lying on bed hee

Jas,
Thanks for your encouragement.

Janice,
How do you find Adrian? Did you wait for very long?

I ve abit of brown when I got toilet on thur nite n continue to yest morn. I called adrian n he told me to go n get medicine and it stopped after tat but come back again yest nite. Not alot lah... u? He asked me to go back to him next wk.

Oh I just bot Anmum choco favour yest cos encouraged by my col but ve not try it.

Hi kc,
Welcome!! Which gynae are you seeing?

zenn,

how come Dr Adrian give u a week MC? he never give me....ehehehe....he just ask if i need a day MC for today ....

hmm....i have abt 7 ladies b4 my turn..waited abt 30 mins....his consultation quite fast i think....hmm....my one last abt 15 min i think.....he speaks very fast n keep shaking is leg.....hmm...i find him ok la...i have already sign the package liao.

u mean u r still taking the hormone pills when the discharge come again? my one only abit ..very light brown one....n then yest a tiny spot of pink discharge lo......

hi KC
welcome.

Zenn,
r u feeling much better now?

I am seeing Dr. Lawrence Ang (TMC).

I had light spotting started May 1st and stopped only 2 days ago. I was given hormone tab. I felt lousy for the past weeks. i guess as long as we are having hormone pill we should be fine. Have gone for U/scan on the BB's heartbeat yet?

Hi janice,
Dunno leh. He just asked if I need mc n given me 1 wk.

Wow so fast you signed package liao? I am thinking of visiting Dr Woo b4 decide. 15 mins consider quite long leh. Mine usually 5-10mins only. Ya he gave me 2 boxes of hormoes pill n told to finish it.

Hi kc,
Oh I considered Lawrence Ang but too far for me. You signed up package liao? Yr spotting lasted so long?

Zenn,
hven't yet, 'cos Dr Ang advised is that before the BB is stablised, ie. after 1st trimester, no pt signing up package. He advised me keep the receipts, if sign up, can off set. So, now I faithfully keep my receipts. Till yesterday, he still ask me not to tell pple i'm preggie, 'cos haven't reach safe period yet.

Funny, tummy already showing, colleagues are suspicious already. morning tummy a small bulge, afternoon onwards balloon like a 3mth preggie, 'cos lots of wind. now must start considering buying 2-3 maternity pants 'cos my existing pants/skirts made me feel very uncomfortable and makde MS worse.

Ya lor! I spotted so long, even hub get worry. even now he don't dare to be happy till he get dr. ang okay signal.

so, you don't worry okay. just kwai kwai take hormone pills, sleep as much as want, see anything funny immediately call yr gyne and we all can have a doggie bb.

Zenn,
some of the couples b4 me think they take abt 5-10min.....but think prob cos theirs already stabilise liao ba...cos their tummy big big liao leh.....

i also have 2 box of hormone pills n asked to finished as well.

Dr Woo at SK only right? i used to stay in SK but after married moved to Jurong....dun like the gynae at jurong so i go CCK find Dr Adrian.

ya ....we take up the pkg 550 bucks liao....cos he didnt mention that we can keep the receipt n offset like kc case. so think prob more worth it to take the pkg ba cos i have no intention of switching gynae.

have u gals announce the pregnancy to others? i only tell my in laws n parents.

my tummy also already showing....my colleagues also commented that i put on wt without realising that i m already preggie.

i cant fit into some of my jeans already.....think prob i buy those drawstring pants first ba.....

kc....did the gynae say how come spot so long ? actually me quite worried when he say thats prob cos the pregnancy not stable.

hey gals,
just for info only....according to the medisave scheme, we can claim up to 450 max of our anetenal pkg. so keep the pkg receipt n give it to the hospital when admitted for delivery

Hi doggiebabe, tks! My gal is 20 mths now.

dunno why but our batch like many of us having discharge. I was oso given hormone pills and multi Vitamin. Ask to take plenty of rest, no travel and no carrying of heavy stuff. That's why I've stop my gal lesson as a result, cos she still need me to carry her a great deal and v tiring travelling.

hihi jas & msn-queen,
u can call me pearlein. so as not to be confused cos we are all called jas.. ;)

yep, having spotting and brown discharge is sometthing happening to me. gynae gave me hosp leave to rest at home. pls lie on bed as much as u can oke. now is the most critical period.

next checkup is on nxt mon. i hope to see baby soon...wondering how baby is now...

when is ur next checkup?

Earine, personally i also fear tat baby may be delivered earlier, in dec.. hope 7th jan would be my actual delivery date.kekee... but guess we cant really control it.
how is ur baby's devt?

hi blue grapes, i can recommend my female gynae to u. she is at kkh. i like her cos she takes care of my well being. & v professional. i have been to 2 gynaes before and dun quite like them. if u are interested, u can let me know.

I think its quite normal to feel hungry every now and then. but during actual meal times, my appetite sometimes jus changes. dun feel like eating.. anyone has the same experience?

we must always keep some snacks within our reach. ;p

Dun worry Zenn, 5 wks still cant see the yolk sac. i can only see it on my 6th wk. so look forward to ur next visit!
who n where is ur gynae?

I agree totally with aquarius888. KKH's charges can be as high or even higher than private gynaes. esp for my case cos i have chosen a senior gynae, recommended by my fren.

So perhaps i wld suggest MTBs to find out more abt the good gyanes and their charges respectively.
but most impt, u must feel comfy n rest assured with the gynae.

all the best!

Back