(2007/01) Jan

Evelyn,
You ask her abt her package already? Actually I haven ask her more details abt her package as I think we will only sign with her from week 12 onwards ba. But i guess I will sign with her cos really comfortable with her and very convenience which I think is quite impt.

welcome MSN Queen!

bluesky, not sure about the rest but yes KK's charges are quite high if you want an appointed doctor like John Tee.

Milderina,

The package is as below, which I copy from another thread, you can go there take a look too.. (Any Comments on Dr Chen Chern Yi, gynae in Punggol)

The $950 antenatal package, start from 14 weeks.

1)4 weekly visits from 16th week (meaning 4 weeks you visit her one time till you are 32 weeks)
2) 3 weekly visits from 32-35 weeks (Meaning 32 weeks onwards, 3 weeks you visit her one time)
3) 2 weekly visits from 35-37 weeks (Meaning you visit her every 2 weeks, hmm.. that means hor.. after 35 weeks hor. . you only get to see her 1 time lor since 37-35=2)
4) Urine Test for sugar & protein at every visit
5) Monthly combined iron & multi-vatimin tablets
6) 1 post natal visit
7)2 detail ultra sounds
- - A) Fetal Screening (16-20 weeks)
--- B) Fetal growth (30-34 weeks)
8) Ultrasound at every visit
9) 1 CTG at term

okies.. above is the $950 package details... i heard those $500 plus ones does not include ultra scan wor...

the delivery charges :

1) Normal Delivery $1,200
2) Assisted (Forceps/Vacum) $1,400
3) LSCS - Elective $1,600
- Emergency $1,800

Minidach
Thanks for replying. Think I will test when my AF is overdue..din wan to pin too much hope or else I'll be disappointed again...
happy.gif

May I know anyone here got never ending hunger or not? As in though no appetite u keep eating n eating but still feels hungry.............

aquarius,
mi also thinking leh. u never like tat during your 1st? forever hungry.....................gr..............and i feel so strengthless leh.

doggiebabe,
this morning abit uncomfortable. the feeling is like hang over leh. and not much appetite. Even my fav coffee doesn't seems impt anymore..

Can anyone advise whether is it ok to drink coffee?
I called up to book appt with Dr Chua of TMC. Whoa, got to wait till jun 1 for my 1st appt!
sad.gif

Can someone advise whether anyone will go to see 2 gynae for 2nd opinion, and also to see which doc you are comfortable with?

can anyone share with me your daily diet? Have anyone started to drink mother milk?
Is it ok to take mainly fruits to curb the hungry? for the pass few days I am only taking fruits for snacks.
I try to take at least 2 glass of milk.
Now I realise that I have gain 0.8kg. why so fast?

Milderina, think everyone has their own expectation. This is only my own opinion. My colleague's delivery fee is $1k for normal delivery. Just for your ref yah.

BlueSky, I will take some fruits or biscuit whenever I feel hungry after normal meals. Think fruits is always good for our health.

I can't drink too much on fresh milk, normally taking milk powder in the morning loh.

bluesky...I am taking decaf coffee.
happy.gif

milderina, my first one also like that but becos then dun have MS so still not so bad...now with MS cannot eat so much so a bit uncomfortable.

Milderina,

Me too.. oways got this hungry feeling.. Maybe lot of wind inside the stomach. have to eat some cracker or other think to fill up or else will feel horrible. But once meal time come, have no appettie to eat proper meal.... Really hate this feeling. Have u started to drink milk?

Ladies, whihc brand of milk are u taking??

Like a zombie..no energy to work..always very sleepy & tired.

Do you ladies feel teh same or I'm the abnormal one

Bluesky,
I also taking a lot of fruits to curb my hunger. But some say dun eat too much cos dunno later will have diabetes or wat. But possible meh? I thought fruits sweetness is good de or something. Anyway i eat a lot of fruits nowadays. I didnt drink much milk though i know i got to. Just dun feel like drinking wor. And as for the weight gain i think its becos of the urinary expanding and water ba.

Evelyn,
where your colleague deliver? I cant bear to leave Dr Chen, how? hee hee......cos so far i like her la. So i think no choice ba, got to stick with her irregardless of her price. Dr Chen helps my colleague to deliver as well and she told mi that Dr Chen is very encouraging and comforting during the delivery making her feel more relax.

Jas,
I haven started to drink milk wor. must drink those powder milk ah? I also no energy to work, if my work place got bed i confirm everyday come here sleep. lolx

Milderina...actually I also thought fruit sweetness is ok...but later in my first pregnancy I had GD so some fruits really cannot eat...durians, honeydews, grapes, lychees, longans all cannot eat.

Evelyn,
What brand of milk powder u take?

aquarius 888,
u mean u taking the 3 in 1 type?
The problem with me is that I like the coffeeshop type. The coffeeshop uncle also know i like kopi kao. So now, trying to change my drinking habit. switching to milk or soya bean milk slowly.
sad.gif

Milderina, Jas,
I noticed that if i eat too much at one meal, i will feel very bloated and also feel like a lot of wind inside my stomach.
I just bought the Mamil Mama milk powder vanilla flavour. ok la.. not too bad taste.
what abt you people?

Jas,
I do feel lathargic esp in the morning and do not feel like going to work.
I do not feel really sleepy or tired.
My GP told me feeling short temper or lathargic or sleepy or tired is normal.

I have pimple breakout behind my back. anyone experience that too? so ugly!

Bluesky, nope it's those you got to make on your own...I am taking nescafe decaffinated coffee...the caffine content is very very low compared to normal coffee.

aquarius 888,

what is GD?

Milderina,
I read somewhere to eat 8 type of fruits daily leh
Yalor, i normally do not take alot of fruits.
Now I alternate from banana, papaya, apple and orange, etc. small piece each time

Aquarius,
oooo really??? I ate a lot of honeydews actually........=P better dun eat too much now.

bluesky,
ya, now at this stage better dun eat to full. just eat small potion but many meals. i haven buy any milk powder. I think i just drink the marigold milk can or not huh? I do have pimples breakout too, but its on my face. sob....sob...... i seldom have pimples.

Ya, my sis-in-law also eat a lot of apples and oranges everyday during her pregnancy, later she also had pregnant diabetes.. Then Doc advise her must control every meals taken, to avoid baby growing too big.

Milderina, my colleague deliver at TMC. Actually I find Dr. Chen not bad, also heard about the compliments about the encouraging during labour.. Do will consider her in these few weeks.

BlueSky, currently I'm taking Anlene milk powder, got see some mummy milk powder at NTUC (stated the neccessary nutrients for mummy and baby). But not sure which one is good, so still stick to my usual one at the moment. Anybody has any idea?

Oh, i start pop out some pimple on my face, go for facial tomolo.

Blue,
I also heard that dun take too much papaya and carrot. due to their pigments will cause jaundice in baby when they are born and too much orange baby will have phelm. but also dunno how true. like so many hearsay, but i hear le i didnt dare eat too much lor.

Bluesky, GD is Gestational Diabetes...it happens during pregnancy...normally will go away after delivery but some stayed on so quite scary. And once you have GD, it puts you in higher risk of getting full blown diabetes when you get older. Thus after delivery still got to cut down on sweet stuff.

Milderina...I do not have family history of diabetes but during pregnancy I got GD...so from then must cut down on carbos...better to eat wholemeal bread...cut down on noodles, rice, no sweetened drinks...no ice cream for sure and some fruits cannot eat.

Me and my friend both find that those milk powder makes you put on weight very fast...but of course it is to help calcium intake...am taking the calcium tablets now thus not taking any milk powder milk...at most I drink those cold ones like HL etc.

Aquarius,
oh, i c. the nescafe.
i know try not to eat pineapples and watermelon.

Milderina,
actually my hubby went to NTUC to buy for me the milk. He said there is another brand beside the Mamil mama.
He told me that the Mamil calcium and others vit seems to be higher. and definitely higher than the normal marigold milk. maybe u would like to go find out when u next go supermarket.
I think the pimples should clear after pregnancy. But now just cannot stand the ugly scar. I notice my thigh and face also appear to have some leh

aquarius,
wow !!! so many things cannot eat???? ***FAINT***
somemore i got family history of diabetes. i better control my sugar intake.

blue,
i think its the hormonal changes in our body that is causing the pimples ba. but hor my frd preggy hor her face very very clear very very pretty one leh. thats y starting i got so many i shock! 2 on my nose 1 on my forehead and another one below my lips. For your information i dun have pimples one. the most i long long 1 very small one only. so suddenly so many scares mi.

Milderina...ya lor...my gynae gave me a list of food I shouldn't take...even hor fun right...the gravy type also must try to avoid.
sad.gif

I just feel that it's better to be safe than sorry lor.

Milderina,
Oh, is it.. I know that when we go facial must let them know if we are pregnant. But don't know the reason.

Yah, my sis-in-law also got family history diabetes, can eat but not overtake bah.

aquarius,
ooooo, so many things ah. i think we better take pre-caution now rather then in the end all cannot eat.

evelyn,
ya i heard cannot use machine and some chemicals containing certain products like collagen or something else cannot b use also.

Milderina...ya take in moderation now better than later all cannot eat.
happy.gif

Rin...the few mentioned above, plus no soft drinks, milo must take kosong...ice cream sure no...basically anything that's sweet cannot take...apart from fruits like apple, pear and orange...carbos also must watch intake...cannot eat too much rice, noodles, kway teow...

hi gals
i am taking fortified soya bean milk only. it's good for those who may be lactose intolerant. also i realised 500ml of high calcium soya bean milk already has 900mg of calcium

aquarius,
hor fun also cannot eat? i die liao...appetite very poor though i feel hungry at funny times of the day. force myself to eat whatever i can stomach, provided it is reasonably healthy food. if hor fun cannot eat also then how? me like hor fun, noodles etc- long long stuff. me no like rice ;)

milderina
i was thinking exactly the same thing last night! if only i can have ultrasound machine at home too. seems easy to use ma hor? just put gel and move the probe on tummy haha

bluesky
i also feel super bloated after eating, even if i eat only a little.
pimples shd go away one la- don't worry. the only thing is for some pple it is only for a short while; for others it seems to persist till after delievry. what to do- we are raging hormone carriers now! heehee!

jas
i feel tired all the time.feel so lazy. but we still have to keep active lei...light exercise will help reduce the lethargy and keep u fit so u have strength to push the baby out ;)

minidach,
what is the safe exercise that we cao do when we pregnant?

aquarius,
is it that your food intake is so strict because of the GD?
maybe normal case no so sialat?

minidach,

Me too, dun like rice. like hor fan, noodle...now can't take so much..how to endure?

aquarius,

Did ur gynae said why can't take hor fan & got gravy stuff food or not?

bluesky
safest is walking and swimming. gentle stretching like yoga shd be ok also

jas
i'm still gonna eat hor fun. i think everything in moderation is fine. except uncooked meat/fish/eggs, pate and a couple of others cos they can contain bacteria which may harm the baby. i am a strong advocate of everything in moderation, but am staying off my favourite salmon sashimi for the next nine months. actually doesn't seem so much of a sacrifice now, since i don't have appetitie this week ;)

Hi gals,

I just found out I am preggie today and should be due in Jan
happy.gif

Evelyn, I was at Dr Chen clinic n was told the package is $1.2k. Not sure if I hear wrongly. You staying around that area too?

Hi zenn
Congrats!!! How many wk already?? Any MS?

Minidach,
Tink I will oso take hor fan, noodle stuff.. Reali dun feel like taking rice at all..
Can u take fish, meat or this...

hey zenn
congrats! u are lucky, no morning sickness so far...

hey jas
now i don't feel like taking anything, full stop. having nausea day and night already; no appetite at all, not even for my fave food
sad.gif

I was on MC yesterday n seen doc for 2nd scanning. Saw the bb blinking heartbeat liao. One day didnt log in already so much to catch up in this thread.

bluesky, my doc is dr chow from pantai. ya the
heartburn feeling is like ate too much chili.

Hi zenn,

u are so lucky, no MS...
I feel nausea & no appettie to eat during meal time. but will always feel hungry. so will eat some cracker to curb the feeling so else feel will very bad.
When is ur EDD?

Minidach,

Try to take somethink light like bread or cracker. dun go on a empty stomach...Hopefully, will get better once we reach our 2nd trimester. Lucky we have this thread to confine in each other..

Gd morning ladies,

Jas, hopefully its not too early to tell now :p

Minidach, thanks!

Actually I feel hungry easily when I was wk 4 and 5 but after that ok. Dan this 2 days not much appettie.

Gals, do u experience brown discharge? I spot some last nite n this morn.

yesterday, i asked my doc wat foods i shd avoid. Then he asked me whether i m in sickness or not. He said pregnant is not sickness, so everything oso i can eat woh. Just tat limit the intake of caffeine n he said if got nausea feeling then dun take too much sour four n chili lor. Then i asked him, then pineapple oso i can take ka. He said in fact pregnant woman can take all these things. Just that dun over taking it onli. And he also added saying that if u r afraid then just dun take it thats all.

hi jas
are u still able to eat ur meals? i feel really yucky, can't think abt food. haven't eaten since 5.30 pm yesterday. now taking forever to eat a piece of bread and drink half a glass of soya milk. feel so guilty that i can't eat well for the baby

hi zenn
brown discharge can mean that the embryo is implanting/burrowing into the lining. usually not serious. but if it gets worse u may want to go back to your gynae earlier to make sure everything is ok

Back