(2007/01) Jan

Hi ladies,

Wow didnt know so many of us here ve spotting.

Pearlein, I am seeing Adrian from TMC at SK. Think will try out Dr Woo from TMC too at Punggol Plaza. You?

Janice, Dr Woo has a clinic at tiong bahru & punggol. Btw, you are around 5 wks rite? So fast can see tummy liao?

I did announce to immediate family n some close friends. However, if pantan I heard its better to announce after 9 wks.

ooo, welcome KC, janice and yingzi.
Mi now still feel crampy hope its becos of constipation. going to c gynae next thursday. cant wait. actually hor i think my appetite go back to normal le leh and also dun really feel like vomiting le. suddenly like ok le leh. only thing is still feel tired and a bit crampy. other then that feel quite good leh. sometimes hor feel good also worry. dun feel good also worry. is that y we are call women?

jasmine,
i am also like tat. i will feel hungry lor. then like can eat a lot of things. then suddenly when its time to eat, i cannot finish..............

hi gals,

think i m confuse between discharge n spotting. hmmm....whats the diff or theres no diff? i see some yellow discharge....after seeing the gynae yest n today. is it the normal brown discharge that has been discussing here? think i have this kind of discharge when i not preggie that time....tot it should be normal kind of discharge.....think i paronoid liao....hehe....very confuse.

i also have those menstrual liked cramp leh......u gals have? but i no constipation le.....

zenn,
prob i eat too much....thats y tummy pop out liao....haha

hey janice
ya lor GSS is here but i don't dare buy any clothes yet. wanna wait till after first trimester when baby is more stable. for the same reason too don't dare buy anything for the baby though everything in the stores is so tempting. i love baby stuff; can only content myself with drooling over them now haha

hi janice
yes the gals are discussing spotting ie pinkish or brownish blood stains. not discharge. i am also having some pale yellowish discharge but i think it is ok

hi kc
welcome! i also felt super bloated for a few weeks. now no appetite and nauseous, so maybe that's why not much wind now. our digestive system is supposed to slow down during pregnancy. thefood moves through more slowly, so we feel bloated. but these are all normal symptoms, not to worry. anyway i read that weight gain of 1-2 kg in the first trimester is normal. it's not actually fat; most of it is just the body preparing a nice cosy bed for the baby haha!

Good morning gals,

Janice, like wat minidach explained - spotting is brown or blood discharge. Think urs is normal lah so dun ve to worry.

For those who ve spotting, did you really ve bed rest and nv go out or just avoid walking too much?

hi janice,
I only start seeing gynae on the May12, i tot the spotting was mense at the begining, but didn't feel right after tat.

when i first mentioned I spotting, gynae didn't say much, just give me hormone pills and ask me to take them faithfully. by my 2nd visit, my spotting gone already. he said not to tell anyone abt the preggie 'cos only after hearing bb hearbeat, 90% confirm stable; after 1st trim, then 99%.

during tat time, i did a lot resting, like sleeping thru out the weekends, while my hub take care of hseworks, get at least 9hrs of sleep during wkdays, walk very little during work.

hi zenn,
yap rest apletny, you will see a different in amt of spotting betwn resting and not resting. i did.

hi Milderina,
thanks for welcoming me in. Glad u don't feel the MS anymore. I move bowel daily, no consti yet. i tin the wind helps to move my bowels, ha!ha!.

When come to food, I had a different symptom. I don't like to eat, no craving, not hungry, but when I start eating, I actually enjoy the food.Then hor, this is wat i call back pay time, I felt very uncomfortable, like want to puke, but can't puke, stomach stretch like rubber band pull tight tight. very sien....

sometimes, i really hope time fly by fast, so that we can proceed to golden trim, ie, 2nd tri. couting down the days already....

Hi kc,

I ve the same symptom as you. Dun feel hungry or feel like eating when we eating I actually finish everything. My hb still ask if I am very hungry haha

Later gg office to clear my stuff and today hb birthday so going for dinner. Hopefully will not worsen the spotting. Shall be good gal for the next day
happy.gif

Just curious, must by how many wks dan can hear heart beat?

Milderina,

So happy for you that dun you deel the MS anymore. How is your cough? recovered from it?
I'm still having cough & very bad esp in the nite time. Wonder when will it recovered.... Coming to a month already...

hi gals,
thanks for clearing my doubts....i was so worried abt the discharge n spotting.....

i also have lots of wind in my stomach leh...either feel like burping or "put out gas"...hehe......

me is opp fr some of u....i eat n eat......dunno now my tummy popping out is cos i eat too much or its due to pregnancy.haha

Hi girls,

Can I join in?

It seems that my EDD should be 19thJan07, I used an online calculator, cos I haven't met a gynae yet for the check. Discovered that I was preggie when I missed my period for a few weeks and was feeling weird all. Did 2 preg test kits, and both positive. How accurate are these? I have all the symptoms, but still want it to be validated. Hence, 1st appointment this Wed. If not, imagine, happy like bird already, and its false results...keke.

I am feeling very very sleepy, and now, even have bad flu. I don't dare to take any medicine, until I see the gynae, but my flu is really killing me. What can I do? I am pretty lost really, as it's my first time, and I'm still in a BIG DAZE.

Hi hi,

I'm also new here. Am almost 6 weeks preggy now. Just found out from a scan on Thurs that I'm carrying twins. Am both excited and worried - the latter cos' there're higher chances of complications, so I've heard. My gynae also said that if I could carry them to 36 weeks, she will already be more than happy. So as u can see, the joy is bittersweet. M praying hard everyday.

Suffering from cramps, which makes me quite worried. Am regularly checking to ensure that there's no spotting. What's keeping me sane now are the weekly scans, so that I can derive some peace of mind when I see the sacs/embryos.

Are u girls suffering from, what my hubby calls, paranoia? Or maybe it's just me, but can't help feeling anxious....

Hi LeeAnn,
welcome to the family. this is also my 1st time, so we can all daze together. Pregnancy tests are pretty accurate esp. tat u ve tested +ve a few wks after missing period. i tested mine for con't 7 days, got a lot of near to expire test kit laying around, guess might as well make gd use of them.

u should rest more, since u've flu.Got to get it cure else it wld be more untolerable together with the pregnancy symptoms. Can u advance yr gynae appt? if not, c a GP & inform him u preggie lor so tat he can give u preggie friendly medicine, if not, at least a few days of MC rest.

Take good care.

Hi Janice,
I tin we both got a lot of wind, my hub complained tat i look like 4mth preggie rather than 8wks. Amazing how tummy can "grow" from morn to night. Just cleared my wardrobes 2day and got rid of tight fitting clothings, amazing how spacious the closet looks now, Ha! Ha!

Hi Zenn,
u shld rest 2day, not going back to work! very impt. Happy dinner with yr hub. Wish u sweet dreams tonight.

I was told by Dr Ang to go back on wk7 to hear bb heart. I also read, some can hear heartbeat by wk6. I guess it should be 6-7wks lor. I only just pass wk7 on thursday, so wk7 should be better. Ur gynae will show you the pumping heart and let u hear the beating during u/scan, very fast beating but it is normal.

when u back for checkup with gynae? by then how many wks preggie already?

Hi AletheaT

Wow twins! amazing. Does it run in the family? Yap we are all paranoid, how not to be? we are all anxious mum to be. it is our mummy right.

I heard twins will have double the effects of peggie, u take good care.

Yap, I am also surviving from scan to scan 'cos earlier on i spotted for awhile and is worry that I might had an ectopic pregnancy. 1st scan show sac but can't c bb. 2nd scan see bb and heartbeat. it like tat one lah. paranoid??

Hi ladies,

I'm a Jan MTB as well. Just tested positive yesterday, haven't even booked my gynae appt yet... kekeke. Now I'm quite worried coz earlier this month I took very strong antibiotics for an eye infection as I didn't know I was pregnant then, praying hard that everything is ok...

So far have almost no symptoms aside from tender boobs and very mild cramps... Wondering if implantation bleeding is a must? Coz I haven't had any spotting at all so far, worried that bb didn't implant properly, or it's all a false alarm....

Good morning ladies!
happy.gif

Jas, I think is becos it is 'fattening' and will cause me to put on weight fast...but do note all these restrictions to food etc was becos I already had GD...

Milderina...I think I also having constipation...dunno is it becos not visiting toilet regularly thus my tummy keep feeling uncomfortable.

Welcome the new Jan mommies!
happy.gif

hi kc, congrats to you. yaya i oso heard b4 not to tell ppl until we r in 3 months. Actually i oso heard b4 ppl saying that dun buy baby stuff n even the maternity clothes b4 we reached 3 months leh. Oh ur tummy grow so fast ka?

wow getting more n more jan MTB le. congrats to leeann, alethea and sherl.

Leeann, doc told me the pregnancy tester is >90% accurate la.

alethea, 6 weeks can know that whether we r carrying twins? meaning that if we did scanning around this time n cant see twins then we can confirm not carrying twins lor.

sherl, dun worry too much. i also do not have implantation spotting too.

Wow, 3 days did not log on, spend me an hour to finish all posts.. Welcome all Jan MTB
happy.gif

Zenn, I just stay upstairs of the coffeshop. Go Dr Chen and scan twice already. Think your 1.2k is the delivery charge, maybe you can check with her at your next visit to confirm
happy.gif

Have you decided attach to which Gynae yet?

I also have constipation recently, heard that it might due to taking pills. Must take more drinks and eat vegi & fruits as well.

Welcome all the new mummies!!!
Anybody know how to do those chart that can put all mummies EDD, sex of the baby and gynae huh? Cos I dunno. like tat easier for reference.

Jas,
My cough better already but still have occasional coughs. Hope you get better soon.

Aquarius,
i think my constipation but jia liats now. Making mi really uncomfortable. Hope that it will clear soon. my gynae did gave mi fibre drinks to help. Maybe u should talk to your gynae too.

Evelyn,
I took vege and fruits everyday. but nothing helps.
sad.gif

You girls still suffering from MS?

Milderina, I think prune juice helps too.
happy.gif

Was going to ask about the chart too cos I dunno how to do it.

My MS getting better I think...at least I dun vomit so often now...but not much MS also worry if bb is ok.

aquarius,
yeah lor, thats exactly how i feel leh. now no morning sickness suddenly started to worry also. thursday going to scan again. aiyo its so nice to have ppl ard the same timing of EDD as u. cos they knew exactly how u felt. i am so fortunate............hee hee.........

Good morning gals,

Hi Ann,
Congrats! If tested 2x positive should be bingo liao. I also cannot believe n test 2x b4 seeing doc haha I was also sick & cough b4 I found out I am preggie.

Hi Alethea,
Wow congrats!!! 6 wks can tell its twins liao? Ya I also quite paranoid. Perhaps I heard of too much scary things so abit worry. Guess we just dun think too much n be happy MTB! hee

Hi kc,
Actually I abit confused now cos based on last mens n online calculator, I should be 7 wks but when I did the u/s, gynae say most likely 5 wks. Hmm... Think ve to wait for next check up to confirm?

I ve settled by stuff so will b resting at home this wk. Hope the spotting will stop completely.

Hi evelyn,
Wow so convenient for you haha. I am seeing Adrian now but consider Dr Chen or Dr Woo (punggol plaza).

zenn, i think u r in 7 wks pregnant and ur baby age is 5wks. Ya, maybe u can ask ur gynae the weeks are referring to ur pregnancy or baby age.

zenn,
I went to see Dr Adrian last sat.
He seems to be professional enough. But I find him speaking too fast. Even for ths 1st meeting, he did not at least allow us enough time to communicate. Everything is chopchop and off u go kind. Although after the ultrasound, he did ask me got question or not. When he reply my question, also very fast like speedgun.
btw, why he check my pressure, weight and do ultrasound only? is it norm procedure? No blood test meh?
I think i will see another gynae to decide. I will be going to see Dr Eunice of TMC. But I heard to see her very long queeue one

Hi bluesky,

Nope nv take pressure or weight. Are we supposed to? I also find him abit chop chop. Always waited so long n see him for 5-10mins. Which clinic did you visit?

Anyway I ve make appt wif Dr Woo for this thur. Just not sure if its too early to sign up package.

zenn,
green apples good? actually i always wanna eat but dun dare to eat cos i dunno can eat or not.

bluesky,
i think the reason y a lot of ppl complain that Dr Adrain very chop chop is becos he got too many patients and he cant afford to spend too much time with 1 ba. My gynae ussually spend ard 20 to 30 mins with me each time de.

Milderina, 2 mummies told me that so should be good but I guess everything also moderate lor.

Which gynae u seeing now? So detail ya.

Mayb we should list down our details? I will see if I can do up a table since I on MC this week hee

1) Zenn : 5wks, EDD (not sure), Dr Adrian/Dr Woo

Hi doggiebebe/aquarius,

Thanks for the info! Now I feel a bit better... Just called up the gynae but there are no more slots left for this week, so I made an appt for next tuesday instead...

If you ladies would leave your details for me, I'll do up the table Milderina mentioned.

Name/EDD/Gender of bb/Gynae/Other remarks??

Zenn,
i am seeing Dr Chen Chern Yen at punggol.
Ya she quite detail, she told me a lot of things which i dunno and use to worry. she went through a couple of things with mi every week too.

Sherl,
Thanks for doing it up for us.
happy.gif

My details as follows.
Name: Milderina
EDD: 10th January 2006
Gender of BB:
Gynae: Dr Chen Chern Yen

oh we forget to put the hospital of delivery. hee hee....... mine is Mount Alvernia. And maybe u should put a coloumn for actual "POP" date. hee hee.......

Hi doggiebebe/jc/zenn,

Saw 2 sacs on my 2nd visit, so it's twins, tho' they should be fraternal ones i.e. 2 of my eggs got fertilised instead of 1 as in identical twins . In the latter,this 1 will then later split into 2. Anywayz, I only just found out last week the difference between how identical and fraternal twins are conceived.

Was previously not ovulating properly so my gynae helped to monitor the Clomid treatment. Thus, a good no. of healthier eggs were produced this time round. And yes, there are twins in my family, but it skipped my generation.

Btw, any of you here been suffering from diarrhoea? I've been having that since yesterday. Is it a normal side effect or did I just eat something wrong?

Hi milderina,

Hey u ve Dr chen no? Like to find out abt her package. Btw wats POP? Me is either Mt A or thomson

heehee... okok, so our table should go something like this?

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>BB age</TD><TD>EDD </TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milderina</TD><TD></TD><TD>10/1/2007</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yen</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zenn</TD><TD>5 weeks</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Adrian/Dr Woo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Alethea, my tummy hasn't been very well, not eactly diarrhoea but close to it. Think it's a side effect, that your digestive system sometimes goes out of whack?

aletheat,
congrats. i never had diarrhoea wor. i got constipation instead.

Zen,
her clinic number is 63155035. pop means give birth. lolx

Milderina, I just double check wif dr chen - has increased the price to $1200 and delivery $1600. You might wanna check do u still entitled to the old pricing.

Hi Sherl,

My details as follows.
Name: Evelyn
EDD: 14th January 2006
Gender of BB:
Gynae: Dr Chen Chern Yen
Hospital : not yet decide

zenn
I think wait 5 to 10mins quite fast liao.
I was thinking its too fast.

Milderina, aquarius
I sometimes got constipation too. If I take fruits then not so bad. I also try to take yogurt drink to help my digestive system. not bad.

hi janice and kc
I too have a lot of wind and bloated.
Try not to eat too much at one meal cos you will feel very uncomfortable after that. I realise eating small portion many time will help.
i burp so much and really feel like a balloon on evening onwards..

zenn,
oooooooooooo, really ah? i doubt i will b entitled old price ba since i haven sign with her. some gynae dun let u sign so early one.

evelyn,
u also Dr Chen? ^5
happy.gif

bluesky,
i took a lot of fruits. but no use.

Back