Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hi all, for those having twins and are working full time, what are the arrangements when you return back to work?

Hi all, for those having twins and are working full time, what are the arrangements when you return back to work?

I will drive twins n helper to my mum house n fetch them all back after work. I know some send to infant care centre when they go back to work.

I will drive twins n helper to my mum house n fetch them all back after work. I know some send to infant care centre when they go back to work.
I intend to do that too but wondering if it's sustainable. Does ur helper look after the babies at night too?

Hi mummies and mummiest to be, i tested positive on the hpt and my first beta is 600 plus.. Waiting to do my 2nd beta on next monday.

Now is 11dp5dt. Does anyone has dull lower backache so early? So hard to sleep and i dare not put anything to soothe it like tiger balm... Can i use tiger balm??

Hi mummies and mummiest to be, i tested positive on the hpt and my first beta is 600 plus.. Waiting to do my 2nd beta on next monday.

Now is 11dp5dt. Does anyone has dull lower backache so early? So hard to sleep and i dare not put anything to soothe it like tiger balm... Can i use tiger balm??
Congrats Galaxy :)
I did experience lower back pain from wk4 to 5 esp near tail bone but it subsided at around end wk6 going to wk 7 while other symptoms started creeping in. Don't use tiger balm coz things that we apply on skin may penetrate in blood stream and I would want to avoid anything that we are not sure if will affect the pregnancy, esp during the critical first tri. Try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees. I find that this helped to ease the pain and have better sleep. Hope you will enjoy your preggy journey. All the best! :)

Dawn. Now hor cannot sleep upright. She say uncomfortable. Bb keep kicking during the day too. Later going to get long pillow for support. Lol

Congrats! Mb u cld call up ur clinic to ask if tiger balm is ok. The pain went away after 2 weeks for me.

Mine week 37 and its all over below mayb coz baby decending down. My vagina hurting now too.
Yup it is normal. U will be offloading soon. Congrats!
U can try walking a bit more nowadays. Heard it makes ur labour faster and easier. I did quite a bit of walking before delivery and the bb came out v quickly.
But of cos only if u are comfortable. Gd luck!

Last edited:
Dawn. Now hor cannot sleep upright. She say uncomfortable. Bb keep kicking during the day too. Later going to get long pillow for support. Lol
Why need to sleep upright ley? I think no need unless feeling uncomfortable from heartburn, then perhaps prop up abit to ease the acid reflux. Otherwise I just try to sleep flat but on my left side with pillow between my knees and another pillow below my feet to enhance blood flow back up to prevent any feet swelling. Yah get more pillows can definitely be useful de. Happy problem lah. Hang in there ba. :)

Yup it is normal. U will be offloading soon. Congrats!
U can try walking a bit more nowadays. Heard it makes ur labour faster and easier. I did quite a bit of walking before delivery and the bb came out v quickly.
But of cos only if u are comfortable. Gd luck!

Thanks @hi_mei! I sprain my ankle few days back at work and also home at the same leg! So walking more is kiv for now. lol Im going to ask my gynae hl all the way till i give birth!

Yup i did hear abt it but do u know where we can actually see this in black and white?
Cos my last pregnancy, I avoided taking HL cos was afraid it will be counted into my ML.
I think mom website got say. Like 30/32wks onwards HL is consider as ML. I think u need to go back to work before delivery. If not is consider at ML. Must have a break in btwn

upload_2016-4-11_10-14-25.png

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave/maternity-leave/planning-your-leave

Will anybody be taking maternity leave before the due date? Is it advisable? My HR keeps asking me but I tell them I'll take only when I've popped. It's such a waste if I take and then I pop later.

Usually, if all is well, it would be better to have more time to bond with your newborn...in fact, 16 weeks to bond with the newborn is STILL not enough :p

My sentiments exactly! I'd rather bond with my baby then spend a week bonding with my pillow and TV. People around me keep telling me to take earlier but I feel that it's going to be wasted.

Time will never be enough for bonding. But for those sending babies to ifc, you might want to take note that the centres are allowed to close for duno 5 or 6 days on top of the PHs for events such as staff training, spring cleaning etc.

For me, i took my ML when i delivered but i opt to take my EML flexibly. Coz childcare leave and VL might not even be enough if we take in the 6 days centre closure, bb vaccination days. If bb is not well, also need leave. If kena HFMD (*touchwood*), it will be 7 days straight. No doubt 16 weeks is not enough for bonding with bb, but also need to consider these issues esp if your VL and childcare entitlement are not enough to cover. Just my 2-cents.

Time will never be enough for bonding. But for those sending babies to ifc, you might want to take note that the centres are allowed to close for duno 5 or 6 days on top of the PHs for events such as staff training, spring cleaning etc.

For me, i took my ML when i delivered but i opt to take my EML flexibly. Coz childcare leave and VL might not even be enough if we take in the 6 days centre closure, bb vaccination days. If bb is not well, also need leave. If kena HFMD (*touchwood*), it will be 7 days straight. No doubt 16 weeks is not enough for bonding with bb, but also need to consider these issues esp if your VL and childcare entitlement are not enough to cover. Just my 2-cents.

Childcare leave can only take when child is sick is it? Or anytime?
I intend to take the full ML cos still got AL and I work on PH sometimes so got off-in-lieu also.

Some companies may stipulate in their HR manual. For mine, coz kids are both below 7, i have 6 days (without mc) and 4 days (with mc). So must check with your company HR.

On VL hor, i ever kena before not enuff. Somemore i have 21 days. That year was quite bad and gotta ask my hb to take his VL to cover. If not, i usually won't touch hub's leave coz he's in private company. So many benefits that the govt advocates (but not mandated through the law), the bosses can choose not to implement.

I personally feel the cc leave is not enough. Everytime child falls sick, will be at least a few days. If bad, more than a week. U got 2 or 3 kids then how man?

I personally feel the cc leave is not enough. Everytime child falls sick, will be at least a few days. If bad, more than a week. U got 2 or 3 kids then how man?

Ya lor. Cc leave should increase. It's really not enough cos children tend to fall sick more often.

Will anybody be taking maternity leave before the due date? Is it advisable? My HR keeps asking me but I tell them I'll take only when I've popped. It's such a waste if I take and then I pop later.
Better to take ML after birth. Personally i felt it was not a prob to work til delivery but i was lucky that third tri was problem free.

Parental leave for boy only 1 week. Additional only for civil service. Am right to say? ??
Depends on company.

Anw govt said they are gg to make 2 wk paternity leave law soon... so just wait. Hope it happens before our edd.

Parental leave for boy only 1 week. Additional only for civil service. Am right to say? ??
Do you mean paternal leave? Currently compulsory 1week while MOM recommends companies to offer additional one week. Some private companies like my hubby's company already provides 2weeks for paternal leave. Anyway the recent regulation will make 2 weeks compulsory for paternal leave

Alright. Once they shoot out mean will execute. Is only fair mah for across board. I in private too. Tiok jiak gaoz gaoz

Use of Medisave Funds for Maternity Expenses
Listen
singaporemums600x350.jpg

main-logo.ashx

by REACH Singapore

07 Apr 2016 02:16PM

0 0 Bookmark Report Abuse
A REACH Facebook contributor, Yp Tan, wanted to know if more Medisave funds can be used to offset maternity expenses.

The Central Provident Fund Board’s (CPFB) response is as follows:

While we are unable to accede to your request to use more Medisave for maternity expenses, you may wish to know that all mothers who delivered on or after 24 March 2016 are eligible for the enhanced Medisave withdrawal limits for pre-delivery medical expenses. The new withdrawal limit for pre-delivery medical expenses under the Medisave Maternity Package (MMP) is $900. Mothers who deliver before 24 March 2016 can continue to claim the $450 limit for pre-delivery expenses under the MMP.

The Medisave withdrawal limits for each MMP, which includes the pre-delivery medical expenses, depend on the delivery procedure and the number of days of hospitalisation.

The withdrawal limits for Maternity Expenses are:

*The withdrawal limit for each Medisave Maternity Package includes pre-delivery medical expenses of $900.

Thank you.

Medisave and Healthcare Claims Department
Central Provident Fund Board

$3,000 CDA Grant for Babies Born from Mar 24
Listen
youngfamilies.jpg

main-logo.ashx

by REACH Singapore

24 Mar 2016 09:22PM

Parents of Singaporean babies born from today (24 Mar) will receive $3,000 in their child’s Child Development Account (CDA), which they can use for their children’s healthcare and childcare needs.

The new CDA First Step Grant was announced by Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat in his Budget speech today, as he assured Singaporeans that the Government wants Singapore to be a great place to raise a family.

Parents who save more in their child’s CDA will continue to receive dollar-for dollar matching from the Government, up to the adjusted co-savings cap of $3,000 for each of the first two children. Subsequent children will receive higher matching grants.

Other measures announced in Budget 2016 to provide greater support for families with children include:

KidSTART
The Ministry of Social and Family Development will pilot this new initiative which will draw resources from both the Government and community to help eligible children receive appropriate learning, developmental and health support.

About 1,000 children, who are in their first six years, are expected to benefit and this initiative is projected to cost more than $20 million.

Fresh Start Housing Scheme
The Fresh Start Housing Scheme was first announced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at last year’s National Day Rally. Under this scheme, families living in public rental flats who are not eligible for housing grants for first-timers, would receive assistance to help them own a home again.

Mr Heng disclosed that the scheme will provide a grant of up to $35,000 to help such families with young children own a 2-room flat, with a shorter lease, which would be more affordable for them.

Would you and your family benefit from these initiatives? Tell us your thoughts!

Listen

by REACH Singapore

A REACH Facebook contributor, Yp Tan, wanted to know if more Medisave funds can be used to offset maternity expenses.

While we are unable to accede to your request to use more Medisave for maternity expenses, you may wish to know that all mothers who delivered on or after 24 March 2016 are eligible for the enhanced Medisave withdrawal limits for pre-delivery medical expenses. The new withdrawal limit for pre-delivery medical expenses under the Medisave Maternity Package (MMP) is $900. Mothers who deliver before 24 March 2016 can continue to claim the $450 limit for pre-delivery expenses under the MMP.

The Medisave withdrawal limits for each MMP, which includes the pre-delivery medical expenses, depend on the delivery procedure and the number of days of hospitalisation.

Oh yah read about this. Save your receipts from your visits and then (for TMC) during admission can produce at the hospital for them to help you claim.

Listen
singaporemums600x350.jpg

main-logo.ashx

by REACH Singapore

*The withdrawal limit for each Medisave Maternity Package includes pre-delivery medical expenses of $900.

Thank you.

Medisave and Healthcare Claims Department
Central Provident Fund Board
Btw how to claim this for kkh? That day I asked clinic D they go and tell me no such thing, cannot use medisave!

from start ah?? started consultation in April 2015. all receipts claimable, never mind just try. in other words no reimbursement, ONLY back to medisave? Correct if am wrong

Oh yah read about this. Save your receipts from your visits and then (for TMC) during admission can produce at the hospital for them to help you claim.

ya lar. very confusing de. how many of u know how all these accts works? ordinary, special, medi all these. head pain sia. bad thing is, if unaware, will we be told then????

Btw how to claim this for kkh? That day I asked clinic D they go and tell me no such thing, cannot use medisave!

from start ah?? started consultation in April 2015. all receipts claimable, never mind just try. in other words no reimbursement, ONLY back to medisave? Correct if am wrong

Depends on when you want. Cos I started with my TMC Dr only in Jan and since max is $900, I just keep receipts from Jan onwards.
They will reimburse you and your medisave will be deducted.

Back